• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any way to delete display of weight in checkout?

Is there any way to edit checkout_shipping.php so that it does not display the weight of the package for USPS and UPS shipping options?

My vendor charges me over and above actual USPS and UPS shipping rates to ship out orders so I've added a handling fee and the shipping totals are correct so that I won't loose too much money on shipping.

However, since both the UPS and USPS shipping options display the weight of the package there are now customers who are complaining about the shipping rate because they can look up the actual USPS and UPS rates for a package of that size (even though I am charging less for shipping than I am actually being charged, and less than most others with the same products are charging).

The simple fix for this would be to delete the line of code that is displaying the weight so that they just see the fees and not the package weight.

I've looked through checkout_shipping.php but it isn't as easy for me to pick out what I should delete in this file to get the desired result without breaking the functionality of the page.

Anyone know what I need to edit or delete?

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to edit checkout_shipping.php so that it does not display the weight of the package for USPS and UPS shipping options?

My vendor charges me over and above actual USPS and UPS shipping rates to ship out orders so I've added a handling fee and the shipping totals are correct so that I won't loose too much money on shipping.

However, since both the UPS and USPS shipping options display the weight of the package there are now customers who are complaining about the shipping rate because they can look up the actual USPS and UPS rates for a package of that size (even though I am charging less for shipping than I am actually being charged, and less than most others with the same products are charging). 

The simple fix for this would be to delete the line of code that is displaying the weight so that they just see the fees and not the package weight.

I've looked through checkout_shipping.php but it isn't as easy for me to pick out what I should delete in this file to get the desired result without breaking the functionality of the page.

Anyone know what I need to edit or delete?