• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is it possible?Adding mods & hacks BEFORE install?

Waffa

I finally found shopping cart what is to good to be true (I was X-cart user before), I found so many hacks & moods that it would take forever to upload one by one. So I was thinking, is it possible to add some of the mod’s & add-ons before I install osC, inside installation package ? Or maybe only the files what happen to go to certain place?

Or maybe I could use .some kind of script like http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,instal Contrib Installer ? I am not so good @ php right now.

& one more, how do I know, if any of the contrib. slows site down? I know one of these are statistics right? Or maybe it would not mater so much, because I would have only couple of hundred people on the site @ same time.

----[ testimonial]--------------------

You guys rule so much, I have no idea why I even bothered X-cart install (oh, now I remember why, it’s because x-cart dudes say to people on bigger forums how unsecured, limited & slow osC is – this was appears to be NOT true

----[ testimonial]--------------------

Thank You!

Waffa

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

Most contributions will allow you to install them by just copying the included files to your shop. You can do this as much as you want as long as you do not overwrite a previously copied file. So if two contibutions both replace the index file, you can only install one by copying. Also, even though many can be installed this way, thee is still usually a minor change or two to be made in the files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Most contributions will allow you to install them by just copying the included files to your shop.

Jack

sweet!

Thank You for fast reply!

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

Archived