• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easyPopulate has driven me nuts

I tried using easy populate, but I'm completely frustrated. I've played with it for hours and get all kinds of errors during import. The last time I tried using easypopulate I downloaded the file so I could see how everything was laid out, then I even copied and pasted the info from my file into the appropriate columns and then when I try and upload it, I get the following errors;

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/globeche/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/downloaded-filledin-test.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpybqBQw' to '/home/globeche/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/downloaded-filledin-test.txt' in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpybqBQw

User filename: downloaded-filledin-test.txt

Size: 1385910

Warning: file(/home/globeche/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/downloaded-filledin-test.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

So at this point, I'm about to switch to another store that gives me some built in importing capabilities because I've been at this for 2 days straight and I'm very frustrated and annoyed. Unless someone has a better solution then what I'm doing, I'm going to find the nearest clocktower because ain't no way in Hades that I plan to enter these 3000+ products one by one into the store.

Anyone that wants to see what I've done and what the file looks like that I'm uploading is welcome to it at http://www.globechemicalcompany.com/downlo...lledin-test.txt. ANY help would be greatly appreciated and maybe even compensated.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/globeche/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/downloaded-filledin-test.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

That looks wrong to me. Go back to the easypopulate.php file and fix the path. From memory it's right in the beginning of the file, the default is something like catalog/temp. just change it to temp.

Good luck :)

Practice safe hex!

One more thing:

I had a (very) quick look at your file and it looks ok except for one thing. One of your product descriptions is "3M? Dose ?n Fill". I'm 100% sure that the apostrophe is going to give you grief. I highly recommend that you carefully comb through each item description and make sure any apostrophe has the \ symbol before it.

ie: 3M? Dose ?n Fill should be 3M? Dose \?n Fill

I know it's frustrating but give EP a chance. It really is a very neat tool, you just have to make sure your file is perfect. And make sure you take a back up of your PHP files AND your database before you attempt to upload your txt file. Trust me on this one!

Practice safe hex!

That looks wrong to me.? Go back to the easypopulate.php file and fix the path.? From memory it's right in the beginning of the file, the default is something like catalog/temp.? just change it to temp.

Good luck :)

Thanks for this. If your import works, I'll be more than happy to pay for your time. portions edited put it in there for me! Ha ha haha-ha-hm-ok, not kidding.

Edited by Mibble

do not change it to just catalog.

your problem is in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

set docoment_root to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

also post your admin/includes/configure.php file without the database connection info.

do not change it to just catalog.

your problem is in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

set docoment_root to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

also post your admin/includes/configure.php file without the database connection info.

I tried both suggestions. Replaced all apostrophes with /' and it didn't like $DOCUMENT_ROOT, so I just left it blank ('') and everything appeared to be accessing the correct location, but it still can't do it. I gave the temp directory a chmod of 777 just to get past this importing error, but now I get the following errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpoie6Xh' to '/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt' in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpoie6Xh

User filename: first300-test2.txt

Size: 129069

Warning: file(/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

Someone please help and tell me what I'm suppoed to do at this point.

Edited by Daddyslipdisk

I tried both suggestions. Replaced all apostrophes with /' and it didn't like $DOCUMENT_ROOT, so I just left it blank ('') and everything appeared to be accessing the correct location, but it still can't do it. I gave the temp directory a chmod of 777 just to get past this importing error, but now I get the following errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpoie6Xh' to '/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt' in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpoie6Xh

Size: 129069

Warning: file(/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Someone please help and tell me what I'm suppoed to do at this point.

Ok, I've been playign around and I went into easypopulate.php and changed the $tempdir line to the full absolute URL and it actually imported the first product of the 300 products! Just one product, not all 300. So we're getting somewhere, but here's the message I get now:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(http://www.globechemicalcompany.com/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpY0wxBM' to 'http://www.globechemicalcompany.com/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt' in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpY0wxBM

Size: 122557

| ACE 12408 | BAYER ASPI | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 33.58 | SACM4065.J | SACM4065.J | Bayer? Asp | ACME UNITE | 3.00 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2PK | | | ACE 1324 | EXTRA STRE | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 41.49 | HALM0668.J | HALM0668.J | Excedrin? | ACME UNITE | 0.20 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2/PK | | | ACE 1336 | MOTRIN IB | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 50.69 | SACM4383.J | SACM4383.J | Motrin? IB | ACME UNITE | 0.30 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2/PK | | | ACE 1500 | REFILL-ADV | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 47.70 | HACE0564.J | HACE0564.J | Advil? Tab | ACME UNITE | 1.00 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2/PK | | | ACE 1901 | "SCISSORS- | Maintenanc | Facility M | Scissors | | 6.90 | XACM1260.J | XACM1260.J | Kleencut? | ACME UNITE | 1.00 | ACMEUNIT.J | 12/EA | | | ACE 2500 | FIRST AID | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 37.58 | NOA.JPG | NOA.JPG | "Weatherpr | ACME UNITE | 1.60 | ACMEUNIT.J | 1/EA | | | ACE 4000 | "FIRST AID | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 30.84 | ACM01500.J | ACM01500.J | First Aid | ACME UNITE | 1.20 | ACMEUNIT.J | 1/EA | | | ACE 4090 | TYLENOL-X- | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 44.75 | SACM4386.J | SACM4386.J |

Of course, there's a bunch more products listed here, but then it keeps going and ends with "Updated"

Ok, now what.

Edited by Daddyslipdisk

Alright. Well, while waiting for a reply I have managed to have it import with no errors whatsoever. I had to add /home/globeche/public_html to the front of the $TEMPDIR lines of easypopulate.php. BUT now the only issue is that when I go into the store, it only shows the very first product of the import and none of the others below it. There are no delimiters or wierd characters that I can see that are causing problems. There's a "registered trademark" logo, the r with the circle around it, but the fields beyond that imported fine, so obviously it didn't care about that. What could it be?

Ok, I've been playing around and I went into easypopulate.php and changed the $tempdir line to the full absolute URL and it actually imported the first product of the 300 products!  Just one product, not all 300. So we're getting somewhere, but here's the message I get now:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(http://www.globechemicalcompany.com/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpY0wxBM' to 'http://www.globechemicalcompany.com/catalog/temp/first300-test2.txt' in /home/globeche/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpY0wxBM

Size: 122557

| ACE 12408 | BAYER ASPI | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 33.58 | SACM4065.J | SACM4065.J | Bayer? Asp | ACME UNITE | 3.00 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2PK | | | ACE 1324 | EXTRA STRE | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 41.49 | HALM0668.J | HALM0668.J | Excedrin? | ACME UNITE | 0.20 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2/PK | | | ACE 1336 | MOTRIN IB | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 50.69 | SACM4383.J | SACM4383.J | Motrin? IB | ACME UNITE | 0.30 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2/PK | | | ACE 1500 | REFILL-ADV | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 47.70 | HACE0564.J | HACE0564.J | Advil? Tab | ACME UNITE | 1.00 | ACMEUNIT.J | 50-2/PK | | | ACE 1901 | "SCISSORS- | Maintenanc | Facility M | Scissors | | 6.90 | XACM1260.J | XACM1260.J | Kleencut? | ACME UNITE | 1.00 | ACMEUNIT.J | 12/EA | | | ACE 2500 | FIRST AID | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 37.58 | NOA.JPG | NOA.JPG | "Weatherpr | ACME UNITE | 1.60 | ACMEUNIT.J | 1/EA | | | ACE 4000 | "FIRST AID | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 30.84 | ACM01500.J | ACM01500.J | First Aid | ACME UNITE | 1.20 | ACMEUNIT.J | 1/EA | | | ACE 4090 | TYLENOL-X- | Maintenanc | Personal C | First Aid | | 44.75 | SACM4386.J | SACM4386.J |

Of course, there's a bunch more products listed here, but then it keeps going and ends with "Updated"

Ok, now what.

No, I saw that. That's set correctly. hence why the first product installed perfectly, but something is going wrong after that first row and then it disregards everything else. Argh!!!

Not sure if this will be of help but a similar question was asked in the official easypopulate thread. Check it out and see if it helps.

Link To Thread.

Another problem I had when uploading my shop was that EP didn't recognise or allow ', so I opened my product sheet with notepad, and did a find and replace, I replaced all ' with nothing, and then reuploaded it into EP. This solved it for me.