• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

The old filename definitions have been removed from the Edge release. This breaks most of the old Addons that modify the old files. There is a compatibility Addon that will fix this problem temporarily. Of course there may still be other problems caused by the large number of differences between osC 2.3 and 2.4 versions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The old filename definitions have been removed from the Edge release. This breaks most of the old Addons that modify the old files. There is a compatibility Addon that will fix this problem temporarily. Of course there may still be other problems caused by the large number of differences between osC 2.3 and 2.4 versions.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

I forgot about that Jim....good memory....obviously much better than mine. (w00t)

Dan

@@russ-AL PC's

Russel add the compatibility Addon Jim referenced above and then reinstall the Easy Populate contribution.  Let us know what happens....if it explodes spectacularly we'll both want to see a screen shot.   :D 

Dan

@@Dan Cole  It helps that I wrote some of the code in that Addon. I can't remember every Addon, but I usually remember the ones I worked on.

@@russ-AL PC's  Please do post screenshots of EP if it explodes. I haven't seen that happen yet. (w00t)

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Ok I can now open easy populate, but my file in temp directory is not showing

And when I manually look for the file on my pc via EP and load it, it says

"File uploaded. 

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpAWbvvV
User filename: kai.csv
Size: 73185
##Can not open file for reading. Script will terminate."

Help - I have loaded OSC 2.3.4BS edge with EP 2.9, had to add Compatibility add-on to get it to work, but it is not loading products from my old csv files from my previous install which was 2.3.3 using ep 2.76i

SO far I got it to load 5 items from the smallest file (277 lines) but I have a store with about 16000 products

Another problem is that the table rate shipping is calculating weights of 0.02 as 2kgs?

Thx

Russel

@@russ-AL PC's Did you add any of the configuration lines from your old EP to the new version?  I would do an export and see how the data matches up with the data in the file you are trying to import.

Dan

@@dan - nothing added to EP, just loaded that compatibility fix

Old headings I use are 

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_image v_products_price v_products_quantity v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_categories_image_1 v_categories_name_1_1 v_categories_image_2 v_categories_name_2_1 v_manufacturers_name v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

Although I do not actually use "v_date_avail" or "v_categories_image_1" and at present not even "v_tax_class_title" as my pricing already includes VAT and the previous site was adding VAT again! So I am still going to experiment with this

I have been using two levels of category, but am thinking to change it to just one, so instead of customers having to click on "Drives & Storage" and then "Memory cards", it will just be "memory cards"? Maybe this will solve the glitch as I see it has loaded some 2nd tier categories, but no products in them

Not sure if this is the right place, and apologize if not, but I do have an EP question.

How do I change the file separator to recognize a bar "\" in the upload and download

I changed easypopulate.php

$ep_separator = '|';

added a if(strpos($header_line,"|"...   statement for the bar

• 11 months later...

I know this seems to be an old problem but my eyes are aching from trying to find the solution across hundreds of pages of forum responses - so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.   I can export and import files OK with changes to existing products, but it seems to be completely ignoring any new products/categories.  My version/settings are as below.  I have also copied an extract from a test file at the bottom. You can see that the first data row has a product model of 2018-03--06 (a new "product") whereas the rest are 2017-XX-XX which are existing products.  If I change anything about the existing products (description, quantity etc) it updates fine - but it simply ignores the new product - no error messages, nothing.   Any suggestions much appreciated.

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.77a
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3
HTTP:
DB:
PHP: Array (Zend: )                                                            (I'm running PHP 5.6.31 if that makes a difference)

Temp Directory:
/home/lloydsya/public_html/bookingsystem/temp/             (osCommerce is installed in the bookingsystem subdirectory of the main site)
Temp Dir is Writable                                                           (I've checked that it is indeed 777)
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: off
Split files on: 300 records
Model Num Size: 12
Price with tax: false
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: false
Field seperator: comma
Excel safe output: true
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 7
Enable attributes: true
SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:
MVS Support: false
Additional Images: false
More Pics: false
UltraPics Pics: false
Unlimited Images: false
HTC: false
SPPC: false
Extra Fields: false
PDF Upload: false
Quick Backup Enabled: true

v_products_model,v_status,v_products_name_1,v_products_description_1,v_products_price,v_products_specials_price,v_products_quantity,v_products_weight,v_date_avail,v_date_added,v_categories_image_1,v_categories_name_1_1,v_categories_image_2,v_categories_name_2_1,v_categories_image_3,v_categories_name_3_1,v_categories_image_4,v_categories_name_4_1,v_categories_image_5,v_categories_name_5_1,v_categories_image_6,v_categories_name_6_1,v_categories_image_7,v_categories_name_7_1,v_manufacturers_name,v_attribute_options_id_1,v_attribute_options_name_1_1,v_attribute_values_id_1_1,v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_1,v_attribute_values_id_1_2,v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_2,v_attribute_values_id_1_3,v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_3,v_attribute_values_id_1_4,v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_4,v_attribute_values_id_1_5,v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1,v_attribute_values_price_1_5,v_attribute_options_id_2,v_attribute_options_name_2_1,v_attribute_values_id_2_1,v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1,v_attribute_values_price_2_1,v_attribute_options_id_3,v_attribute_options_name_3_1,v_attribute_values_id_3_1,v_attribute_values_name_3_1_1,v_attribute_values_price_3_1,v_tax_class_title,EOREOR
"2018-03-06","Active","Commissioning","Why won't Lutine ever be commissioned","0","","0","1","2018-03-06 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-03-07","Active","Commissioning","Lutine not yet commissioned","0","","0","1","2017-03-07 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-03-08","Active","Commissioning","Lutine not yet commissioned","0","","0","1","2017-03-08 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-03-09","Active","Commissioning","Lutine not yet commissioned","0","","0","1","2017-03-09 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-03-10","Active","Commissioning","Lutine not yet commissioned","0","","0","1","2017-03-10 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-03-11","Active","Commissioning","Lutine Commissioning Weekend  <br><br> Want to help commission Lutine? Find out what it takes to get Lutine back in the water  <br><br> If you would like more information about this weekend please contact Tom Bailey","0","","0","2","2017-03-11 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-04-03","Active","Maintenance Day","Maintenance","0","","0","1","2017-04-03 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR
"2017-05-30","Active","Maintenance Day","Maintenance","0","","0","1","2017-05-30 00:00:00","2016-10-16 00:00:00","charter.jpg","Maintenance","","","","","","","","","","","","","Club Skipper - Ollie","1","Berth Type","2","Non-Member","","3","Under 35 (Members only)","","4","Member","","5","Not applicable","","6","Low/high season top up","","2","Berth Type","7","Not applicable","","3","Berth Type","8","Low/high season top up","","--none--",EOREOR

Yes I have downloaded a complete product - (the file extract at the end of my post was about 8 or 9 complete products).  No it does not create a duplicate.  That's my problem.  Change an existing product and it will update, create a new product by changing the v_products_model value and nothing happens.  So whatever code is in easypopulate that changes a record is working - but the code that creates a new record is not.   

The extract you show, the new product is different from the others. Sometime an  '  can cause issues.

You are using a VPS? If so, check your settings for upload size. I think I had a problem like this before. The MB was specified as 128. I changed it to 128M and it solved the issue. For me at least

Edited by RMD27

Changed the narrative under product description to match the others so that the only difference is the model.  Re-ran and again it updates all the existing records but will not create a  new one.  Re VPS.  Not sure. The site is hosted by Siteground under a normal hosting package.  Either way I'm not actually even uploading when I run this test.  I created an export to the temp file, edited the file online using the file manager capability of my control panel, and then did an import from temp.  So nothing has moved out of or in to the hosted environment.  I did wonder if it was to do with the http setting in configuration.  The site runs in an https environment - but if that were the cause then surely it wouldn't process any of the records rather than just not processing the new ones?

Makes no difference.  I wonder if it is a problem with the version of PHP.  If Easy Populate hasn't been updated for quite a while perhaps there is something that has moved from merely deprecated to dead!

On 10/15/2014 at 8:40 PM, RMD27 said:

In your php settings you have mb at the end of the number for upload size? if you just have a number without mb EP will say imported but it does nothing.

Hi. I think you would have to speak to your hosting company.

I have a VPS. In WHM, the setting is in

"PHP INI Editor" 

"upload_max_filesize"

You could ask them to check the number has an "M" at the end eg 128M

It probably does but I had a problem similar to yours and it was because I had 128. only

Worth a shot