• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Ha! thanks! - did some testing. Yes the special was active and the expiration date was 2 weeks out. I found that if the expiration is entered such as (YYYY-MM-DD) then the special price is not downloaded. If I remove the expiration date (no expiration) than EP downloads the special price.

Now, how to fix that?

-Dave

Should this

and (expires_date < CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or expires_date is null)

be this?

and (expires_date >= CURRENT_TIMESTAMP or expires_date is null)

there are 4 instances in the code. Seems obvious or am I missing something?

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

how do i get attributes to work in EP? I have a lot of products that are the same but have different item numbers, I want the pic to change as the different color attributes are selected along with the Item number. Is this even possible?

Getting to grips with this great contribution.

Everything is working fine but I want to be able to miss out certain attributes that do not need to be editable in EP. Basically we have attributes that are customer input fields on the item page for customers to add their own text. When I upload an EP file these attributes are deleted from the product on the website. Is it possible to stop these attributes being downloaded in the first place as we do not need to make any adjustments to them and consequently if they are not there they will not be deleted when uploaded.

I have seen the following settings in the configuration table:

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

define ('EP_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES', true); // default is true

// change this to true, if you use QTYpro and want to set attributes stock with EP.

define ('EP_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK', false); // default is false

// change this if you want to download only selected product options (attributes).

// If you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns,

// which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle, then load-up this array with

// attributes to skip when generating the export.

$attribute_options_select = '';

// $attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

Guess I can deselect the attributes I do not want in the above settings but not sure what I need to put.

I am using EP version 2.77a

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards Andy

If you believe that if they are not there when you upload the file have you thought of just deleting those columns before uploading the file?

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

If you believe that if they are not there when you upload the file have you thought of just deleting those columns before uploading the file?

HTH

G

I was not sure if that would work or not, was a bit reluctant to just delete the columns in case it breaks everything.

Will just have to try it and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion

regards

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have Easy Populate 2.8-231 installed on oscommerce 2.3.3 - I'm trying to set up a new custom field to Products Description table and not having any luck getting it to work the code I'm using is

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_head_sub_text' => 'SUB TEXT' );

I have confirmed that this is in the data base and that it has data in the column. it does not import or export the field 

Has anyone had any experience with this type of issue?  or trouble shooting advise?

Thank You

Edited by DANMAC

Hello,

I have Easy Populate 2.8-231 installed on oscommerce 2.3.3 - I'm trying to set up a new custom field to Products Description table and not having any luck getting it to work the code I'm using is

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION] = array( 'products_head_sub_text' => 'SUB TEXT' );

I have confirmed that this is in the data base and that it has data in the column. it does not import or export the field 

Has anyone had any experience with this type of issue?  or trouble shooting advise?

Thank You

this issue has been resolved - there was a line of uncommented example code which caused a conflict with the added custom field. 

Edited by DANMAC

how do i get attributes to work in EP? I have a lot of products that are the same but have different item numbers, I want the pic to change as the different color attributes are selected along with the Item number. Is this even possible?

What about copying the product to a new line and change the photo only. Model number needs to be different for each colour.

• 2 months later...

Hello

I have just installed easy populate and have been testing with no success. When I upload and import my data doesnt import at all. I thought maybe because I have html data in item details so i wrapped that data with single quotes. I am not sure what else to check now.

I see this though when I import my test file

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpo8pqol
User filename: EP2014Aug31-1212-1_TEST.csv
Size: 19265

My Config ( i changed it to 4 records for testing)

EP vers: 2.8-231
osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3
HTTP:
DB:
PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:
mydirectory/catalog/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: on
Split files on: 4 records
Model Num Size: 12
Price with tax: false
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: false
Field seperator: comma
Excel safe output: true
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 7
Enable attributes: true
SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:
MVS Support: false
Products Images: true
Additional Images: false
More Pics: false
UltraPics Pics: false
HTC: false
SPPC: false
Extra Fields: false
PDF Upload: false
Master Products: false

Edited by peterdlv

Try downloading a file and then import the same file and see if it works.

If it does, compare your file to the working file.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

So I exported one category and changed the price on one item. I loaded it just fine. For the file that doesn't seem to do anything here is what I did. I exported the same category as the success. I changed the values in v_products_model(12 characters) and added a sub category(v_categories_name_3_1)

I have an old oscommerce store with Easy Popluate 2.76c-MS2 English. I've downloaded a complete tab-delimited txt file with no problems.

The new oscommerce store is using Easy Populate 2.9.231 English. I am able to upload the file with no errors. The front end shows the products but without any pictures. 

Also none of the products show up in admin.

Can anyone help?

This sounds like the images field has not been uploaded.

Check the column name by downloading a file and checking against the column names in this file.

If it is the same it is not that.

Post the first 3 lines of your import file.

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

So I exported one category and changed the price on one item. I loaded it just fine. For the file that doesn't seem to do anything here is what I did. I exported the same category as the success. I changed the values in v_products_model(12 characters) and added a sub category(v_categories_name_3_1)

You have tried to add a third level category, is there a second level category?

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Here's the first 3-4 lines of my file I exported from the old oscommerce:

v_products_model    v_products_num    v_products_image    v_products_quantity    v_specials_new_products_price    v_products_name_1    v_products_authorfull    v_products_authorlast    v_products_authorfirst    v_products_media    v_products_format    v_products_pages    v_products_publisher    v_products_yearpublished    v_products_isbn    v_products_price    v_products_saleprice    v_products_wholesaleprice    v_products_description_1    v_products_url_1    v_categories_name_1    v_categories_name_2    v_categories_name_3    v_tax_class_title    v_status    EOREOR
672-210    672-210    9781570672217.jpg    978        Vegan Bites: Recipes for Singles    Bennett, Beverly Lynn            Book    Paperback    168    Book Publishing Company    2008    1570672210    15.95    0    0    Banish fast food and takeout forever! Indulge in sumptuous sit-down meals, tempting lunches, lavish desserts, and fabulous snacks that can be created with just a few simple ingredients and minimal effort. Perfect for students, singles and couples of any age, these recipes are designed for everyday use and will enable you to dine in style. Additional information includes:  guidelines for daily eating and sample menus  valuable tips for smart shopping  strategies for stocking the pantry  suggestions for storing food safely  recommendations for basic equipment and gadgets inspiration without perspiration        04: Cookbooks    F: Vegan/Vegetarian>Specialty        CA    Active    EOREOR
TSRF    TSRF    DVD12steps.jpg    943        .12 Steps To Raw Foods (dvd)    Boutenko, Victoria    Boutenko    Victoria    Video    DVD        Raw Family Publishing    2003        19.95    0    0    Victoria teaches coping techniques that help you stay raw in this îcooked foodî world. Set of 2 DVDs, 3 hours total. Recorded in Canada in October of 2003.        18: Videos (dvd's)    G: Raw Foods    Boutenko, Victoria & Family    CA    Active    EOREOR
TSRF    TSRF    DVD12steps.jpg    943        .12 Steps To Raw Foods (dvd)    Boutenko, Victoria    Boutenko    Victoria    Video    DVD        Raw Family Publishing    2003        19.95    0    0    Victoria teaches coping techniques that help you stay raw in this îcooked foodî world. Set of 2 DVDs, 3 hours total. Recorded in Canada in October of 2003.        13: Raw Foods    D: General Principles    Boutenko, Victoria & Family    CA    Active    EOREOR

• 2 weeks later...

I am also getting the errors on EP 2.9-231 - I uploaded 13 records  it said it uploaded the records without any issues. and then .... nothing.  no product is displayed. 

EP vers: 2.9-231

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3
HTTP: 
DB: 
PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:
/home/webguy77/public_html/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: off
Split files on: 300 records
Model Num Size: 15
Price with tax: false
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: false
Field seperator: comma
Excel safe output: true
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 7
Enable attributes: true
SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:
MVS Support: false
Products Images: true
qpbp: false
More Pics: false
UltraPics Pics: false
HTC: false
SPPC: false
Extra Fields: false
PDF Upload: false
Master Products: false

Edited by webguy_ddm

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed this, works exporting just fine, works importing so long as I don't make any changes at all.  But if I add a product or even modify another products values I get

le uploaded.
Temporary filename: C:\Windows\Temp\php3D10.tmp
User filename: EP2014Oct02-1111.csv
Size: 16195
| STRA | Active | Strawberry | A nice bas | Strawberry | 5 | 0 | | 9/23/2014 | | All | | | | | | | | | | | | | Just 4U Va | 1 | Bottle Siz | 1 | 5 | -2.5 | 2 | 10 | 0 | 3 | 15 | 2.5 | 4 | 30 | 10 | 2 | Ratio | 5 | 50/50 | 0 | 6 | Drip (Usua | 0 | 7 | Custom (Pl | 0 | 3 | Nic Level | 8 | 0Mg | 0 | 9 | 3Mg | 0 | 10 | 6Mg | 0 | 11 | 12Mg | 0 | 12 | 18Mg | 0 | 13 | Custom (Pl | Updated
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'products_tax_class_id' at row 1

UPDATE products SET products_price='5', products_image='Strawberry.jpg', products_weight='0.00', products_tax_class_id='', products_date_available=NULL, products_date_added='2014-09-23 15:46:00', products_last_modified='2014-10-02 12:04:05', products_quantity = 0, manufacturers_id = 11, products_status = 1 WHERE (products_id = 30) LIMIT 1

[TEP STOP]

Help Please??!

What value did you set on the input file for Tax class?

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been playing and tweaking my data file with no luck. Here is what I have done and I still cant get new items to load

Created a export file (1 Item)

Used a txt editor and copied the Item

Updated the v_products_model to have the value

Added value for v_categories_name_3_1

In my export it has v_categories_name_1_1 v_categories_name_2_1

The file then gets uploaded, but when i run import (Normal) it basically takes me to the easy populate screen and at the top has my file name information.

If I export and just re-import it worked. I am not sure what else to check now specially since all I'm doing is replicating a item