• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi, hope someone can help. I've skimmed through the pages and can't see an answer. I installed easy populate very recently, so the latest install on a new oscommerce site. I had a couple of mishaps (stupidity) and had to restore previous database back-ups. This sort of thing happened a few times as I was essentially playing with it and installing various add-ons prior to going live and generally checking everything was still working along the way. Now I also added the Quantity Price Break (can't remember if this was before or after adding easy populate!), but my easy populate only downloads one price, not the additional ones. I'm thinking I may have changed the database at some point, but then because I reverted to backups, lost something along the way. I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or quite simply EP doesn't support the Quantity Price Break. If the latter is the case, then so be it, i'll cope (I wouldn't know where to start to fix it), but if I've just made a silly error, will someone please point it out!!! Everything works okay other than the inability to download/upload any additional prices.

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

Hi, I am new to the Oscommerce community. I just installed the easy populate v 2.8 last updated by Puddlec. Thank you and previous contributors for your contributions. It was great seeing easy populate add all new products in one shot. However, I encountered a few problems when I "insert to db" using the "update" or "normal" mode. It just ran on forever and finally got timed out. Seems like I can add new product smoothly but not when I want to update. Also when I click on the "create and download" a complete .csv file, It also kept running forever and finally got timed out. And my store is new so I don't have that many products in the database yet. But I have changed the php.ini anyway to set larger file size limit, higher max memory limits, etc as suggested for a large store but that didn't change anything. Could someone please help me pinpoint the problem and what I can do to resolve the problem? I appreciate your help and time.

BTW, I am using version 2.3.3 oscommerce. The code that adds a link in the Admin panel didn't work. I had to define the filename in the filename.php in admin/include and also the name of "Easy Populate" in english.php in admin/include/languages, then had to change accordingly in the catalog.php file. Just want to point it out in case someone else might encounter this problem.

I found out what was wrong but the problem didn't totally got resolved yet. I can only upload and insert a max of 14 products at a time. I can split the files into the temp directory and then upload from there. It is okay for now but that's not really ideal for the future. Don't want to have to upload hundreds of times when I have thousands of products. My current setting in the php.ini is as follows:

memory_limit = 64m

upload_max_filesize = 10M

post_max_size = 64M

max_execution_time = 300

max_input_time = 1200

session.gc_maxlifetime = 2440

I thought I've raised the limits pretty high already and the file that I was trying to upload is just 16KB, but it still didn't work. I went through the "configuration variables" in easypopulate.php and tried a combinations of setting but it didn't really help. Any suggestions or ideas that I can try? Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by osmw

Hi, hope someone can help. I've skimmed through the pages and can't see an answer. I installed easy populate very recently, so the latest install on a new oscommerce site. I had a couple of mishaps (stupidity) and had to restore previous database back-ups. This sort of thing happened a few times as I was essentially playing with it and installing various add-ons prior to going live and generally checking everything was still working along the way. Now I also added the Quantity Price Break (can't remember if this was before or after adding easy populate!), but my easy populate only downloads one price, not the additional ones. I'm thinking I may have changed the database at some point, but then because I reverted to backups, lost something along the way. I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or quite simply EP doesn't support the Quantity Price Break. If the latter is the case, then so be it, i'll cope (I wouldn't know where to start to fix it), but if I've just made a silly error, will someone please point it out!!! Everything works okay other than the inability to download/upload any additional prices.

@@zefeena

Quantity Price Break is currently not supported with easy populate.

but i have managed to add it to easy populate, it just needs a bit more work/testing in order to get it working fully

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

Hi, I am new to the Oscommerce community. I just installed the easy populate v 2.8 last updated by Puddlec. Thank you and previous contributors for your contributions. It was great seeing easy populate add all new products in one shot. However, I encountered a few problems when I "insert to db" using the "update" or "normal" mode. It just ran on forever and finally got timed out. Seems like I can add new product smoothly but not when I want to update. Also when I click on the "create and download" a complete .csv file, It also kept running forever and finally got timed out. And my store is new so I don't have that many products in the database yet. But I have changed the php.ini anyway to set larger file size limit, higher max memory limits, etc as suggested for a large store but that didn't change anything. Could someone please help me pinpoint the problem and what I can do to resolve the problem? I appreciate your help and time.

BTW, I am using version 2.3.3 oscommerce. The code that adds a link in the Admin panel didn't work. I had to define the filename in the filename.php in admin/include and also the name of "Easy Populate" in english.php in admin/include/languages, then had to change accordingly in the catalog.php file. Just want to point it out in case someone else might encounter this problem.

Still having problems and couldn't find out what's wrong. Even though there is no error showing in the admin panel, I found the error log which said that I have page_parse_time error as below:. PHP Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log) [<a href='function.error-log'>function.error-log</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb119/b2227/******/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49 PHP Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log) [<a href='function.error-log'>function.error-log</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb119/b2227******/admin/includes/classes/log

Searching through the forum, I only found 1 person had this error but sounds like a different problem that caused this error. Does anyone have experiences with this and can point me toward the right direction? Another thing is that I noticed a lot of people have the register_global off, is it suppose to be off for this to work? I've been changing the Configuration variables in easypopulate.php but not much help. Below is my setting. If anyone can show me their working setting, that would be very helpful. Please kindly help!!! Thanks!

EP Documentation

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.8-231

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3

HTTP:

DB:

PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Directory:

/home/users/web/b2227/********/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 12 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: true

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: false

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Products Images: true

Additional Images: false

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Master Products: false

Please see the manual in this contribution's package for help in changing these settings.

Hi, I notice the error says: (/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log) [<a href='function.error-log'>function.error-log</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb119/b2227******/admin/includes/classes/log Surely this last bit is wrong? - should it not read logger.php? I just wonder if you have accidentally omitted a bit of code somewhere, or the ending, which would throw up an error? Just stabbing in the dark here, as I'm pretty hopeless at all things coding!

Running a botched up version of  osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4 bootstrap with the dresscode theme installed, numerous add-ons, terrible coding, terrible website, but will have to make do until I have made up for my losses and can risk shutting down for a couple of weeks while I start all over again. - I did not install my program but am endeavouring to fix it with your help.

PHP Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log) [<a href='function.error-log'>function.error-log</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb119/b2227/******/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

PHP Warning: error_log(/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log) [<a href='function.error-log'>function.error-log</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb119/b2227******/admin/includes/classes/log

You have logging turned on in your shop admin.

Try turning it off.

Whilst you are there you could try setting the direcory path where the log is to be stored to a valid one.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

@@osmw

i would turn register_globals off,

the other settings that i have got different from you are

Replace quotes: true - i got set as false

and

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true - i got set as false

@@puddlec: Thank you very much for giving me information on your settings. I just changed those setting but it didn't seem to change anything. I guess it is some other problem.

You have logging turned on in your shop admin.

Try turning it off.

Whilst you are there you could try setting the direcory path where the log is to be stored to a valid one.

HTH

G

@@geoffreywalton: Thank you for taking the time to help me solve the problem. My setting for Page_parse_time was false. But that also gave me the idea to turn off the Log_Error in php.ini and now it WORKS!!!! THANK YOU!!! :D Really happy and relieved now. Have a good day! Edited by osmw

Hi, I notice the error says: (/var/log/www/tep/page_parse_time.log) [<a href='function.error-log'>function.error-log</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosoraweb119/b2227******/admin/includes/classes/log Surely this last bit is wrong? - should it not read logger.php? I just wonder if you have accidentally omitted a bit of code somewhere, or the ending, which would throw up an error? Just stabbing in the dark here, as I'm pretty hopeless at all things coding!

Problem solved. Log_error should be turned off in php.ini. Thank you for trying to help. Good luck with solving your problem with the price break.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just installed the Easy Populate 2.77a for osc2.3.1 (with attributes) contribution. After clicking on the link in the admin panel I have this error;

'Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/Username/public_html/catalog/myadmin/easypopulate.php on line 1082'

I did amend line 1082 but then it changed to line 750 and also 782, I reinstalled easypopulate.php thinking it was a problem with the install but I have the same message on line 1082 again but this time it is completely different text to the first error.

I am unable to post the script as it says it is too long.

Being a complete novice to this if anyone can give me any pointers it would be appreciated.

Thanks

OK I have solved the problem above but now have stumbled across another, when clicking on 'Download Complete w/SPPC .csv file to edit' I have this error message;

JS_PRODUCTS_NAME, Error: Destination not writeable.1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_msrp' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_msrp as v_products_msrp,p.products_hide_from_groups as v_products_hide_from_groups,p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks,p.products_min_order_qty as v_products_min_order_qty, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

I have searched everywhere for guidance but can not see any for this error......please help!

Many thanks

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

OK I have solved the problem above but now have stumbled across another, when clicking on 'Download Complete w/SPPC .csv file to edit' I have this error message;

JS_PRODUCTS_NAME, Error: Destination not writeable.1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_msrp' in 'field list'

Check your database has the field p.products_msrp. I'm not sure which table that is in off-hand. If you've added other mods it might have been delete or renamed at some point

hi all, I just install the EP V2.8.231, but when I try to export the product , all the product descrption which have non-english characters (chinese characters) are in "?" mark. anyone have the solution for the non-english coding in product description solution for EP ?

hi all, I just install the EP V2.8.231, but when I try to export the product , all the product descrption which have non-english characters (chinese characters) are in "?" mark. anyone have the solution for the non-english coding in product description solution for EP ?

the problem is todo with charector encoding, each one has charectors in different places or missing all together.

i ran an expirement and the csv files get downloaded as an asci file (well for me at least), but with some changes to the code, i manged to download as a utf-8 encoded file. (by changing the file download headers)

i don't know what charector encoding you are meant to use for chinese, but if you are not using utf-8 then the princeable is the same.

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

i need to know where in easy populate it deletes the photo, when i do an insert into db, and the product end of line is set to "Delete" it removes the picture.

any help on this would be appreciated !

i am running the following . . .

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.8-231

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3

HTTP:

DB:

PHP: Array (Zend: )

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 500 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:

MVS Support: false

Products Images: true

More Pics: false

UltraPics Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

PDF Upload: false

Master Products: false

Edited by sandwick

• 2 weeks later...

hello i install this great addon and i am working with it!!! But i have a broblem?

I import the products with the quantities of eash one.

When the quantitys are updated to 0 then automaticaly turns the products inactive and thats want i want!!!

But the problem is when i re-update the quantities the products not became active and i have to do it manualy.

In ather words when a product go to 0 quantity it became inactive. When the same product go in stock (<1) its not became active via the easypopulate

Any solution to this please???

regards

Lazaros

do you have a column in the EP import file called v_status.

v_products_model v_products_image v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR
3 mhsc/dutchwest/cat/wood_product_stoves_fa224ccl_sma.jpg --none-- Active EOREOR

You need to set it to the value you want.

Also have a look at the script easypopulate.php there may be a parameter that does this automatically.

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

yes there is a scrip in easypopulate.php that turns active to inactive when quantity is 0 but i can;t find anything doing the opposite inactive to active?

any suggestion? i know about the v-status but i have thousands of products!!! it's difficult to find them in every update i need some script doing this automatic

thanks

regards

Lazaros

Hi

Been ages since I used EP and it's got huge!

Quick squint at v 2.77a has a line at 2739

if (EP_INACTIVATE_ZERO_QUANTITIES == true && $v_products_quantity == 0) {
		    // if they said that zero qty products should be deactivated, let's deactivate if the qty is zero
		    $v_db_status = '0';
	    }

I think that's the last mention of $v_db_status so you could maybe add in after that something like

if ( $v_products_quantity > 0) {
			  $v_db_status = '1';
	    }

That should set all products with quantity > 0 to status=1 - it would however ignore any other settings in the script

You could also add a parameter

EP_ACTIVATE_NON_ZERO_QUANTITIES

if (EP_INACTIVATE_NON_ZERO_QUANTITIES == true && $v_products_quantity > 0 && $v_products_status != 'inactive') {
						    // if they said that non zero qty products should be activated unless specfically being set to inactive , let's do it
						    $v_db_status = '1';
				    }

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Thanks for your immediate response!!!

Is there any way to change the model standard field with an other one? I install an extra field called "id" with the add extra fields and I want to be the main field which will communicate with my database. Now this job is done only with model standar field! I want it to changed because the extra field I add I don't want to participate to the search button results!

regards

Lazaros

Unless you changed the code for the search any new fields you add will not be searched.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.