• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

it really would help if you tell be exactly what you are doing. The nonsense about dates, taxes, and changing 0 to -1 has nothing to do with what you are actually doing. Which of course, all worked for me.

The actual issue here was decimals. The fact that you are trying to import decimals into the attributes. Yes, there seems to be a problem with that.

look for this:

if ( $$v_attribute_values_price_var < 0 ) $$v_attribute_values_price_var = strval(-((int)$$v_attribute_values_price_var));

change to this:

if ( $$v_attribute_values_price_var < 0 ) $$v_attribute_values_price_var = strval(-((float)$$v_attribute_values_price_var));

please note there is a precision setting in EP. Make sure you are using a precision of 4 not the default of 2.

That actually was my problem, the earlier time reports were false since my tests were to quickly conducted and with 2 different values.

Thanks very much for your support, you made my day by releasing 2.76i!

The extra fields contribution has nothing to do with the Custom Fields settings for the products and products_description tables. If you have the extra fields contribution installed you need to look at the instructions in the docs for the extra fields contribution.

You would use the Define Custom Fields area of the settings if you have added fields to the products or products_description tables only.

i realize the two contributions are separate, but they do overlap.

I now understand that where my data is stored does not help the process as only products and products_description tables are used.

So my next question is what can I do to include other tables and the data within them? Is there a way to include them?

Rob

i realize the two contributions are separate, but they do overlap.

I now understand that where my data is stored does not help the process as only products and products_description tables are used.

So my next question is what can I do to include other tables and the data within them? Is there a way to include them?

Rob

you are making this way more complicated then it needs to be. The only thing you need to do is enable the feature in the easy populate settings. Look for this setting at the top of the easypopulate.php file: EP_EXTRA_FIELDS_SUPPORT. make it true. read the instructions on how to use the extra fields support in the easy populate docs. create your file, import your data. done deal.

you are making this way more complicated then it needs to be. The only thing you need to do is enable the feature in the easy populate settings. Look for this setting at the top of the easypopulate.php file: EP_EXTRA_FIELDS_SUPPORT. make it true. read the instructions on how to use the extra fields support in the easy populate docs. create your file, import your data. done deal.

Okay, I set the EP_EXTRA_FIELDS_SUPPORT to true: Per admin side column: "Extra Fields: true"

Now I have read and reread the installation instructions pertaining to Extra Fields bit and I am still a bit unclear.

I have created the following file as an example:

v_products_model,v_products_extra_fields_name,v_products_extra_fields_id,v_produ
cts_extra_fields_value,EOREOR
123,Size,6,17.5,EOREOR
123,U.O.M,7,oz,EOREOR
123,Distributors,1,Brodies,EOREOR

This so I can view and change the size, UOM and Distributor of the product model 123.

Now I am unclear on where I upload this to and how it exactly interacts with the EP interface for import and export of extra fields.

1) Do I just upload this into the same EP upload field I would a normal EP upload?

2) Do I have to create this raw file every time I want to upload or change any of these things?

3) Does uploading this file one time allow me to export and manage these fields on future exports and imports?

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Now I am unclear on where I upload this to and how it exactly interacts with the EP interface for import and export of extra fields.

1) Do I just upload this into the same EP upload field I would a normal EP upload?

2) Do I have to create this raw file every time I want to upload or change any of these things?

3) Does uploading this file one time allow me to export and manage these fields on future exports and imports?

1) yes

2) no. you don't have to create a new one each time, you can export from the EP Quick Links, change, the upload again.

3) yes, but the extra fields support was not written to be included with the normal EP export/import. Extra fields support is handled separately.

product attributes and easy populate.

I use easy populate to fill my website with products. But now i have the following problem.

I have uploaded 1 CSV file with approx. 300 products. Each product has about 48 options. I have added this option to all the products with option ID1 (in total there are about 1500 products with this opdtion id (1))

Now i have another CSV file with other products. Also approx. 300 products. With about 10 different options, all the same for these 300 products. I gave the options option ID 2. Also id 2 for the attributes etc. But one problem. The attributes won't upload.

After i have uploaded the 1st CSV file with the 48 options i also can't remove or edit any options through the admin panel.

(this website also has the problem that i can't delete any orders from the database through the admin panel)

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Because i want to add more products with options and attributes.

product attributes and easy populate.

I use easy populate to fill my website with products. But now i have the following problem.

I have uploaded 1 CSV file with approx. 300 products. Each product has about 48 options. I have added this option to all the products with option ID1 (in total there are about 1500 products with this opdtion id (1))

Now i have another CSV file with other products. Also approx. 300 products. With about 10 different options, all the same for these 300 products. I gave the options option ID 2. Also id 2 for the attributes etc. But one problem. The attributes won't upload.

After i have uploaded the 1st CSV file with the 48 options i also can't remove or edit any options through the admin panel.

(this website also has the problem that i can't delete any orders from the database through the admin panel)

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Because i want to add more products with options and attributes.

The how to ask for help section of the docs suggests offering a sample of the data you are trying. Would be a good idea in this case. If you are not sure how, please read the support section.

The how to ask for help section of the docs suggests offering a sample of the data you are trying. Would be a good idea in this case. If you are not sure how, please read the support section.

EP Settings:

Settings & Info

EP vers: 2.76i-MS2
osCommerce 2.2-MS2
HTTP: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
DB: MySQL 5.0.45
PHP: 5.1.6 (Zend: 2.1.0)

Temp Directory:
/var/www/vhosts/**********.nl/httpdocs/abp/temp/
Temp Dir is Writable
Magic Quotes is: off
register_globals is: on
Split files on: 800 records
Model Num Size: 20
Price with tax: true
Calc Precision: 2
Replace quotes: true
Field seperator: comma
Excel safe output: true
Preserve tab/cr/lf: false
Category depth: 7
Enable attributes: true
SEF Froogle URLS: false

Other Support:
MVS Support: false
Additional Images: false
More Pics: false
UltraPics Pics: false
HTC: false
SPPC: false
Extra Fields: false
PDF Upload: false

I am editing the datafile with the edotor of CUTEFTP 8 PROFESSIONAL (a basic editor)

The problem:

Now i have another CSV file with other products. Also approx. 300 products. With about 10 different options, all the same for these 300 products. I gave the Options option ID 2. Also id 2 for the attributes etc. But one problem. The attributes won't upload.

The file i try to upload: (because it's an upload problem i think)

Upload FILE

Hi

Is it possible to increase the 'v_products_model' field size, so I can enter larger model identifiers in?

Sorted.

I’ve increased the value in the database (table: products - products_model) & also increased the easypopulate.php to match

Why on earth is "Easy Populate" taking the privilege of re-formatting the whole store???

My store was just beautiful until I did a new CSV upload with easy populate.

1. Easy populate wouldn't accept image names with more that 4 names in a row
  2. Easy populate wouldn't bother to import description
  3. Easy populate wouldn't bother to import attributes
  4. Easy populate thinks that pushing the right column out and to the bottom left will look better, even though it just distortes the entire store.

Don't believe? take a look here

That was not at all like this before. The store was just displaying every page fine. Now that I used Easy Populate from within the admin to bulk upload and populate new categories and product, NOW it looks that bad.

Worse ... even re-uploading the pages like; products_new.php, product_info.php, etc, from my backup folder, wouldn't give me my store back!

Would anyone know what's behind this story and how I can tell Easy Populate to leave my store styling alone, keep it as it is because I was/am happy with what I had and don't need Easy Populate to make a decision to change it!

Thanks

Why on earth is "Easy Populate" taking the privilege of re-formatting the whole store???

My store was just beautiful until I did a new CSV upload with easy populate.

1. Easy populate wouldn't accept image names with more that 4 names in a row
  2. Easy populate wouldn't bother to import description
  3. Easy populate wouldn't bother to import attributes
  4. Easy populate thinks that pushing the right column out and to the bottom left will look better, even though it just distortes the entire store.

Don't believe? take a look here

That was not at all like this before. The store was just displaying every page fine. Now that I used Easy Populate from within the admin to bulk upload and populate new categories and product, NOW it looks that bad.

Worse ... even re-uploading the pages like; products_new.php, product_info.php, etc, from my backup folder, wouldn't give me my store back!

Would anyone know what's behind this story and how I can tell Easy Populate to leave my store styling alone, keep it as it is because I was/am happy with what I had and don't need Easy Populate to make a decision to change it!

Thanks

why on earth would someone ignore all the warnings to read the docs and make backups before using it? Don't believe me? try reading the docs thoroughly and most importantly, the "how to ask for help" sub-section of the Support section of the docs.

BTW, easy populate can't change the columns of your shop. Your data must have some malformed tables in it.

Edited by surfalot

hi.

i got a working x-sell module installed. i am trying to use it with EP.i got the option turned on to true to use x-sell.

when i try to upload the file i get this error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 2

insert into products_xsell (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) values ( 13579, , 1)

i looked at the the x-sell table in my database and it has all the required fields..

Any body using x-sell with ep come across this error before ? I also dont see x-sell under Other Support:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8

DB: MySQL 5.0.67-community

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/public_html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 20000 records

Model Num Size: 120

Price with tax: false

Replace quotes: false

Other Support:

PDF Upload: true

Regards

Nafri...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 1)' at line 2

insert into products_xsell (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) values ( 13579, , 1)

Hello.

If I'm not mistaken, it appears you didn't give your products a unique product ID, which is suppose to go in your first column. Try to download a sample CSV withing your admin panel and simply follow the set out.

Hope I could be of little help.

Cheers

Hello.

If I'm not mistaken, it appears you didn't give your products a unique product ID, which is suppose to go in your first column. Try to download a sample CSV withing your admin panel and simply follow the set out.

Hope I could be of little help.

Cheers

hi..

thanks for replying. In EP i cant specify a product id. the first field is product_model. I tried to download a sample from admin but it is missing the xsell coloumn...

seem like ep doesnt like the way xsell table is being called...or it might be some thing else.

i am still reading and looking..any help would be appreciated...

when i try to upload the file i get this error

i looked at the the x-sell table in my database and it has all the required fields..

Any body using x-sell with ep come across this error before ? I also dont see x-sell under Other Support:

That means EP didn't find the model number that you specified as the cross sell item. I will add an error and softer exit to the next version.

double check the list of model numbers in your x-sell list.

x-sell does not appear in the Other Support list, that was an oversight.

this might help track down the problem model number:

find near line 3248:

tep_db_query("insert into ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL." (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) 
                                          values ( ".$v_products_id.", ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", 1)");
                            tep_db_query("insert into ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL." (products_id, xsell_id, sort_order) 
                                      values ( ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", ".$v_products_id.", 1)");

replace with:

if ($cross_sell_row['products_id'] > 0) {
                                          values ( ".$v_products_id.", ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", 1)");
                                      values ( ".$cross_sell_row['products_id'].", ".$v_products_id.", 1)");
                        } else {
                            echo " <font color='red'>x-sell model number: " . $xs_model . ' was not found.</font><br>';
                        }

Edited by surfalot

I've installed the EP and it seems to work fine, with one exception - I can't get the product attributes! It doesn't matter if I use full download or just the model / attribute - they are missing! I have just two options set up with several values and they work fine, but somehow they don't get downloaded. I have over 300 products that need the same attributes and doing it by hand would be a chore :rolleyes: , so I'm hoping there is an easy solution, like a setting in the config file.

Settings & Info

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

DB: MySQL 5.1.30

PHP: 5.2.9 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/divining/public_html/store/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Replace quotes: false

Other Support:

PDF Upload: false

Here's the link to the atrribute only generated file:

http://www.diviningmind.com/store/temp/EPE...9Aug15-1907.csv

After further examination I found out that the v_attribute_values_ are not pulled from the database, although they are there.

I really don't know what I'm missing...

I do have "+" sign in the product descriptions, would that mess things up?

sorry, I just don't know what the problem is here. The attributes look fine to me.

They do look fine indeed, but the problem is when i make an export of the file from EP it seems that EP places the contributes behind all the products. So when i download the file every product has the attributes i have uploaded.

2nd problem. When i want to add more products with other attributes the won't upload at all. EP wont add the attributes to the products. Could this be a DB problem? Maybe that some wrong data is in my DB?

This because i also have the problem that i cant remove orders through the admin section. Wen i select an order and push the delete button it won't remove the order.

Can someone help me with this issue? Help will be rewarded if i can solve this problem, because the shop is about to go live.

After further examination I found out that the v_attribute_values_ are not pulled from the database, although they are there.

I really don't know what I'm missing...

I do have "+" sign in the product descriptions, would that mess things up?

did you create the current attributes using the standard osCommerce attribute manager? or an attribute contribution? is there just one language installed? English language ID #1?

I tried to come up with a scenario where that would happen, but couldn't.

The only suggestion is to empty the attributes tables and create a few test attributes from scratch and trying again. **Please backup before anything like this**

They do look fine indeed, but the problem is when i make an export of the file from EP it seems that EP places the contributes behind all the products. So when i download the file every product has the attributes i have uploaded.

yes, every product row will have all the attributes, a non-blank options value price assigns it to the attribute.

2nd problem. When i want to add more products with other attributes the won't upload at all. EP wont add the attributes to the products. Could this be a DB problem? Maybe that some wrong data is in my DB?

can't diagnose this with the information provided. doesn't sound like any of the common problems I hear. I'm betting its a problem with the second file.

This because i also have the problem that i cant remove orders through the admin section. Wen i select an order and push the delete button it won't remove the order.

code problem most likely, doubtful it is related.

we all offer a little free time when we can so offering a reward really isn't going make a difference. :)