• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

when u split the files, they are named automatically by ep, to something like ep_split1.txt, ep_split2.txt and so on, they are stored in the temp directory and you  can download and open them from there.

Okay I took the 11000 product text file and attempted to split it.

This is what is in my temp folder and what happened.

There is the name of the original file that I upload for splitting and one fileep.split1.txt file that it says contains 37 files. There are no other split files.

The split file that it says contains 37 files when I tried to upload that to the database it comes up empty.

Help. What do I do now. Any suggestions.

Leon

post in the ep thread. you will get response there if you word your question so we dont have to use try to figure out how you are doing things.

answer in the ep thread please.

Well here goes,

Does anyone else use easypopulate to upload product descriptions with a stylesheet reference to change the appearance of the product description. For example, I use a html table in my product desription which has a reference to the stock oscommerce stylesheet.css. However, the formatting that should be applied to the html table(by the stylesheet) does not work until I go to the admin panel and edit, preview and update EACH product manually.I don't need to change any code in the description just go through the edit, preview and update process for the product to display perfectly.So it is not a code problem or even an Easypopulate problem just how to link the product description and stylesheet when using EP.

I thought maybe the link tag like below would work if I added it to each description but it doesn't

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

This is the code added to stylesheet.css

table.stats 
{text-align: center;
font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-weight: normal;
font-size: 11px;
color: #fff;
width: 100%;
background-color: #688C68;
border: 1px;
border-collapse: collapse;
border-spacing: 0px;}

table.stats td 
{background-color: #F0DC88;
color: #000;
padding: 4px;
text-align: left;
border: 1px #000 solid;}

table.stats td.hed
{background-color: #688C68;
color: #fff;
padding: 4px;
text-align: left;
border-bottom: 2px #000 solid;
font-size: 12px;
font-weight: bold;}

And this is an example of the table code entered into the product description

<!-- This is the specification table  --> 

<p><table class="stats">
<tr>
<td class="hed" colspan=4>Specifications</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Construction</strong></td>
<td>8 groups /12 elements</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Angle of view</strong></td>
<td>24?</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>F stop range</strong></td>
<td>f/2.8-32</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Closest Focusing Distance</strong></td>
<td>0.31m / 1ft. (film plane to subject)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Maximum Magnification</strong></td>
<td>1:1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Filter Size</strong></td>
<td>58mm</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Dimensions (Length x Diameter)</strong></td>
<td>3.1" x 4.7" / 79.0 x 119.0mm</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Weight</strong></td>
<td>21.1 oz. / 600g</td>
</tr>
</table>

So just to make certain everyone understands, the problem is the table not having the stylesheet formatting until I manually update each one from the admin panel.

Thanks for your help :blink:

Hi all...

I have a new install of OsCommerce 2.2 MS2 / EP 2.74 MS2.. No other mods are installed. Fresh install. All EP fFiles installed OK. Downloaded standard products to txt file OK. Have modified the txt file for a small sample of live products (around 30) and uploaded without errors.

1) I have 3 languages installed with PORT being the default.

2) The uploaded products appear perfectly in the default language, with category counts and correct placement within sub-categories.

3) Products DO NOT appear in English or Spanish languages within the categories. They are in the store and visible, but at the "root" category level and the categories have no product counts...

4) On Admin screen / Products & Categories, products DO NOT appear (in any language). Categories appear OK and are clickable to the last level, but without any products within. My Admin window is defaulted to English... Once again, the products appear in the store, but not in the Admin section of "products & categories".

5) I have manually added 1 product and downloaded the EP txt file. This manually-added product is the only product in the store that appears in ALL 3 LANGUAGES perfectly....

6) FYI - After each successful upload via EasyPopulate, the page title is "EP 2.74-MS2 - Default Language Portugese (5)". The number 5 corresponds to Port, while number 1 is English and number 3 is Spanish. Each product is either "updatd" or "new" without errors.

Check out the site: http://www.drcharm.com.br/loja2/ and vary between the languages....

Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks,

could you post an exact description you are using in easy populate for a product?

No problem.

<!-- This is the table for included extras included with the item -->
<p><table class="includes">
<tr>
<td><strong>Item Includes:</strong>Body Cap, Strap, Eyecup, 3 Year Warranty</td>
</tr></table></p>

<!-- This is the description of the product -->
<p><font colour =#000000>
<STRONG><U><font color=#000000>Description</font></U></STRONG>
 <TABLE width=75%>
  Featuring a weather-resistant, all-metal body, the Canon EOS-1v offers the fastest continuous shooting speed in its class at 10 frames per second (fps) in One Shot AF and 9 fps with AI Servo AF(1).

<br><br>Giving photographers the freedom to customize their camera for their specific needs, the EOS-1v incorporates 20 built-in Custom Functions for fine-tuning of various camera settings and supports Canon's new optional EOS Link software for uploading exposure information to a PC or downloading up to 30 "Personal Functions" to the camera. Other professional features include a 100 percent viewfinder with adjustable diopter, 1/250th second flash sync, a top shutter speed of 1/8000 second, and a new sprocketless film detection system that permits any infrared film to be used without fogging the image.

<br><br>The EOS-1v is also the most weather-resistant camera in the EOS line, with 72 different parts either gasketed or weatherproofed. In addition, O-ring seals surrounding the lens mount and the back cover of the camera, as well as water-resistant construction in the battery compartment, make the camera superbly reliable in severe-weather, shooting conditions..

<br><br>The EOS-1v also includes improvements to many of the performance features found in the EOS-3, such as 45-point Area AF and 21-zone Evaluative metering. 

<br><br>The EOS-1v offers a host of features that professional photographers demand, including variable diopter control, 100 percent viewfinder coverage, and an eye-piece shutter. Other critical features include one-touch depth of field preview, mirror lock, a PC socket for studio strobes, and a remote control socket. More importantly, the EOS-1v inherits the proven control layout of the previous EOS-1 models, thus providing a strong degree of familiarity for current EOS owners, as well as an unprecedented degree of comfort for potential switchovers from competitive systems

<br><br>The EOS-1v camera is also compatible with Canon's sophisticated E-TTL flash exposure system and provides wireless remote control with optional EX-series Speedlite electronic flash units. 

<br><br>When you attach the optional Power Drive Booster PB-E2 and rechargeable nickel metal-hydride battery pack NP-E2 to the camera, the EOS-1v becomes the world's first production AF SLR to achieve 10 fps with a moving mirror.</TABLE></p>

<!-- This is the features table -->
<p>
<STRONG><U>Features</font></U></STRONG>
</p><p>
<li>revolutionary shutter has been tested to 150,000 cycles</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>body sets new standards for water and dust resistance</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>high focusing speed of 45-point Area AF propels autofocusing into the new millennium</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>At a rate of 9 fps, AI Servo AF delivers one of the fastest predictive focusings in the world</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>continuous shooting performance that can capture ten images in a single second</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>Active Mirror Control remarkably reduces mirror blackout</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>Sophisticated Auto Exposure Control, six metering and six exposure modes</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3>

<li>Up to 20 Custom Functions with 63 settings can be selected to match your shooting style.</li><hr size=1 color=#bbc3d3></p>

<!-- This is the specification table  --> 

<p><table class="stats">
<tr>
<td class="hed" colspan=4>Specifications</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Camera Type</strong></td>
<td>35mm SLR.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Lens Mount</strong></td>
<td>Canon EF mount</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Focus Type</strong></td>
<td>TTL-AREA-SIR with a CMOS sensor, Area AF with 45 focusing points</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Focus Modes</strong></td>
<td>(1) One-Shot AF: Autofocus stops when focus is achieved, resulting in AF lock.
<br>(2) AI Servo AF: Tracks subject movement up to the start of exposure. No in-focus indicator (blinks at 8 Hz only if AF fails).
<br>(3) Manual focusing: Enabled with the focusing ring when the lens focus mode is set to MF (or M). Electronic manual focusing during continuous shooting and exposure is enabled with PB-E2 and NP-E2.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Focus Sensitivity Range</strong></td>
<td>EV 0-18 (at ISO 100)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Focus Screen</strong></td>
<td>Interchangeable (9 types), Standard focusing screen: Ec-CIII</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Exposure Modes</strong></td>
<td>(1) Program AE (shiftable)
<br>(2) Shutter speed-priority AE
<br>(3) Aperture-priority AE
<br>(4) Depth-of-field AE (not shiftable)
<br>(5) E-TTL program flash AE
<br>(6) A-TTL program flash AE
<br>(7) TTL program flash AE
<br>(8) Manual
<br>(9) Bulb (Safety shift possible for 2 and 3.)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Exposure Metering</strong></td>
<td>TTL max. aperture metering with a 21-zone silicon photocell.
<br>(1) Evaluative metering (linkable to any focusing point)
<br>(2) Partial metering (approx. 8.5% of viewfinder at center)
<br>(3) Center spot metering (approx. 2.4% of viewfinder at center)
<br>(4) Focusing point-linked spot metering (approx. 2.4% of viewfinder)
<br>(5) Multi-spot metering (Max. 8 spot metering entries)
<br>(6) Centerweighted averaging metering</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Metering Range</strong></td>
<td>EV 0-20 for all metering modes (at 20?C/68?F with 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>ISO Range</strong></td>
<td>ISO 6-6400 (Set automatically with DX-coded film at ISO 25-5000.)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Exposure Bracketing</strong></td>
<td>? 3 stops in 1/3-stop increments.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Exposure Compensation</strong></td>
<td>up to ?3 stops in 1/3-stop increments</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Shutter Speed</strong></td>
<td>30 to 1/8000 sec. in 1/3-stops, X-sync at 1/250 sec.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Multiple Exposure</strong></td>
<td>Yes (up to 9 exposures per frame)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Self Timer</strong></td>
<td>10-sec. or 2-sec. delay.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Built-in Flash</strong></td>
<td>none</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>PC Terminal</strong></td>
<td>Right side bottom: PC terminal (threaded)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Flash Range</strong></td>
<td>na</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Film Advance Modes</strong></td>
<td>Automatic film advance with built-in motor.
<br>EOS-1V: Single-frame and Continuous Shooting (3.5 frames per second with Standard 2CR5 battery and up to 10 Frames per second with PBE2/NPE2)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Viewfinder</strong></td>
<td>Eye-lvl pentaprism<br>
On scrn: Area AF ellipse, focusing points, center spot metering circle
<br>Below scrn: Manual exposure setting, AE lock, flash ready, unsuitable FE lock warning, high-speed sync (FP flash), shutter speed, FE lock (FEL), bulb (buLb), focus point select, dof AE (dep 1, 2), aperture, exposure comp/flash exposure compensation, in-focus indicator.
<br>Right of scrn: Exposure lvl scale (?3 stops), exposure lvl indicator, flash exposure lvl, frame counter, frame count down indicator</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>LCD</strong></td>
<td>AF Ellipse, AF Points, Spot metering circle, Manual exposure setting, AE Lock, Flash readiness, Unsuitable FE lock warning, High-speed sync, Shutter speed, FE Lock, Bulb, Focusing point selection mode, Depth-of-field AE, Aperture, Exposure compensation/flash exposure compensation, In-focus indicator, Exposure level scale, Exposure level indicator, Flash exposure level & Frame counter/countdown indicator</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Depth Of Field Preview</strong></td>
<td>Enabled with depth-of-field preview button</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Date/Time</strong></td>
<td>None</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Diopter Correction</strong></td>
<td>-3 to +1 diopter. (Standard diopter: -1 dpt)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Remote Control</strong></td>
<td>Yes, with optional Remote Switch RS-80N3, or Timer Remote Controller TC-80N3</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Mirror Lock-Up</strong></td>
<td>Yes with Custom Function</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Power Source</strong></td>
<td>(1) EOS-1V: One 2CR5 lithium battery
<br>(2) EOS-1V + Power Drive Booster PB-E2: 8 size-AA batteries or Ni-MH Pack NP-E2 (sold separately)
<br>(3) Battery Pack BP-E1: 1 2CR5 lithium battery and 4 size-AA batteries (size-AA lithium batteries cannot be used)</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Dimensions</strong></td>
<td>161 (W) x 120.8 (H) x 70.8 (D) mm
<br>6.3 (W) x 4.7 (H) x 2.8 (D) in.</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><strong>Weight</strong></td>
<td>945 g / 33 oz (body only, excluding battery)</td>
</tr>
</table><BR></p>

I haven't used any <html><header><body> tags as it would seem they don't make any difference to the output.

All help welcome and thanks again :)

I am trying to add muiltiple products with EP and I'm having a problem. There is no description being added in the product_description table for the products I am trying to add. I thought EP woudl do this. When I add products right now using EP I have to go and add each product description by hand, so I knwo something is wrong.

Any ideas?

TIA!

Tom

Thanks so much for checking this out John.

Here's a line out of the database:

crux01 axis/crux.jpg The latest wheel from Axis Wheels. The Crux is a stylish wheel that incorporates the look of 3 piece wheels without the cost. A deep polished lip sets off the silver finish of this wheel. 240.75 0 7/28/04 13:00 7/28/04 13:00 4 Axis Wheels Axis Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Hope that pastes well!

Tom

I have an EP file where the product descriptions are done in HTML.

I have made some changes to the table width that was 400 now 100% and to the font size from 12 px to 9 px.

When I upload the the EP file and check the catalog it has been corrected but it does not display with the new HTML changes.

If I go to the catalog and preview one of the items and then update it manually then the changes take effect.

Why is it not automatically changing the display of the products html instead of me having to manually update the product to get it to display in the new HTML format.

Here is a link of an manually updated product.

http://lhsmarkets.com/product_info.php/cPa...oducts_id/13088

Here is a similair product that was updated automatically by EP.

http://lhsmarkets.com/product_info.php/cPa...oducts_id/13280

Now if I were to manually update the product above it would look like the first URL that I listed.

Any suggestions.

Leon

I had the same problem, sorry I cant be of help, just letting you know others have the same thing.

HTML shows up only after I go in and update the product manually. I dont have to update anything, just go in and update without changing anything.

i think part of the problem, with using html in the description, is that it puts in carriage returns in the description. that throws off the 'tab delimited' section somehow is what i am thinking.

I try not to use any carriage returns and just use <BR><BR> when needed. Its just wierd that you cant use HTML at first, when you pull up the item to preview in admin the html is there but doesnt work until its updated.

pic sizes shows wierd chinese characters for me also, I just go into preview and delete them, or get them out of the html before I upload.

Michael.

I know what you mean.

Did you look at the links I listed. My problems is the vendor sent me his product EP file and formatted with HTML all the Product descriptions.. I have BTS installed and have a template. Well the data from the suppliers EP file was not fitting within the table. It was extending out of the right side of the table and causing everything to go amuck.

I changed the table size and the font size and when I manually update the products HTML code is right and I have to then Preview and update for it to display correctly on my web site.

I hope over the next 24 hours that someone picks up on this and has the answer.

I though it to be the style sheet as well but I am not that css nor HTML savy. So I sent it to my ISP support team to fix. I am hoping it has something to do with the style sheet defaulting all products info pages to be displayed at a different set of setting then what is in the HTML Product descriptions.

Leon

since i dont use the html formatting in my ep, i havent seen it. and the files i have received, have been only partials of the description, so i have not been able to help anyone in troubleshooting.

I'm trying to get my install of EP working but when I click on the EP link in the OSC admin control panel I get a page that says: You are not authorized to view this page, please go back.

I've really not done much to OSC except a few things like enable ssl, which I've since switched off. I was thinking that I didn't have the temp folder in the right directory but I don't think that is the case as I've tried multiple locations. And certainly I chmod 777 for my tests too. Maybe someone can give me an example of a file that is located in the root directory where I should have my temp folder just to double check?

I've done searches for this error but haven't turned up anything. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jerry

the temp directory goes in the catalog, ie /catalog/temp

if you have admin access with levels you wlll have to add easypopulate.php as an authorized file.

your temp directory listing is in the top of the easypopulate.php file, read thru the complete thing.