• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I have started a new oscom site and installed Easy Populate and it works GREAT!! I installed another Contribution called separate_price_422. This allows me to setup mutable customers groups so I can set different pricing for each customer groups that I have. The first customer group is retail this is the default one, I have added another group called distributor and have set different pricing for them. I have manually changed the pricing on about 18 products in my catalog so far for this new group. I have about 480 products in my catalog. Is there anyway I can mod my Easy Populate file to add the pricing in my new customer group called distributor ? If so what would be the easiest way to go about doing it?

Thanks

Edited by Howslow

I have started a new oscom site and installed Easy Populate and it works GREAT!! I installed another Contribution called separate_price_422. This allows me to setup mutable customers groups so I can set different pricing for each customer groups that I have. The first customer group is retail this is the default one, I have added another group called distributor and have set different pricing for them. I have manually changed the pricing on about 18 products in my catalog so far for this new group. I have about 480 products in my catalog. Is there anyway I can mod my Easy Populate file to add the pricing in my new customer group called distributor ? If so what would be the easiest way to go about doing it?

Thanks

have you gone through the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file as the docs begged you to? ;)

after you've found what you're missing, look at the USAGE HELP section of the docs for help getting started. If you have questions after that, come on back.

have you gone through the settings at the top of the easypopulate.php file as the docs begged you to? ;)

after you've found what you're missing, look at the USAGE HELP section of the docs for help getting started. If you have questions after that, come on back.

Yes I read the doc's.

Is this what i should be looking at ? CONTRIBUTIONS THAT USE THE products & products_description TABLES

After reading everthing again is my table called "v_distributor" ? Then i looked at the easypopulate.php file and says this "// for the separate prices per customer (SPPC) module" I really just don't understand.

Thanks for any help..

-b

the top section of the easypopulate.php file is call the settings. this is where you change the behavior of the easypopulate.php script. find this section at the top of the easypopulate.php, it where you turn on/off support for contributions:

// ***********************************

// *** Other Contributions Support ***

underneith that is the setting that turns on support for the contribution you are using:

// Separate Pricing Per Customer (SPPC)

define ('EP_SPPC_SUPPORT', false); // default is false

change the false to true for support of that contribution as such:

define ('EP_SPPC_SUPPORT', true); // default is false

As with any contribution, you should have a basic knowledge of PHP if you are going to attempt to install and use one. This is a particularly complex script and you may be required to modify it if you want to have other contributions supported.

Hi there.. PLease bare with me as this is my first attempt at easy populate.

I opened the downloaded file from the easy populate admin.. opening it in excel and added a new product.. I put it in a particular category and then saved it as .txt, RE-Opened it in BBEdit (because i have a mac) and changed it to Unix.. I then went to upload it to my store, and it showed all the updates and one NEW PRODUCT! in green

so went to the place where the product SHOUDL be, but there is nothing on my product listing int he category that i created..

any suggestions as to what i did wrong?

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

WOAH!!! i just figured out what it did!!!

I inadvertantly created a SECOND small animals category.. HOW did that happen??

its weird, it does not show up on my store, but when i go to admin, then categories, i see TWO small animals, and all the subcategories that follow.. And there is my product i added.. WHY did it do this? I just copied down from the previous one..

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

the top section of the easypopulate.php file is call the settings. this is where you change the behavior of the easypopulate.php script. find this section at the top of the easypopulate.php, it where you turn on/off support for contributions:

// *** Other Contributions Support ***

underneith that is the setting that turns on support for the contribution you are using:

define ('EP_SPPC_SUPPORT', false); // default is false

change the false to true for support of that contribution as such:

define ('EP_SPPC_SUPPORT', true); // default is false

As with any contribution, you should have a basic knowledge of PHP if you are going to attempt to install and use one. This is a particularly complex script and you may be required to modify it if you want to have other contributions supported.

Thank you!!! :)

Hello. I have a question about Easy Populate. Usually, I would go through a thread before posting...but come on now 357 pages?!!! :blink: That is just insanity. This thread should have its own web site and its own special dedicated blog. Anyway, to my question...

In the instruction manual, it says:

7. The following is not required to run this contribution. This may help many 
  with large databases. It was submitted by UGLi 6 May 2006.  It is a SQL 
  command you run in your SQL tool provided by your host, such as phpMyAdmin. 
  Copy and paste the following line in your SQL command tool: 

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD INDEX `idx_products_model` ( `products_model` );

I am using phpMyAdmin and cannot find a place called "SQL command tool" or anything like it. I have no clue how to use step 7. It looks like it could be useful since I have over 10,000 items to add to my store. :blush:

Thanks. (And thanks to the people who made this and keep it going - you guys are great!)

Hello. I have a question about Easy Populate. Usually, I would go through a thread before posting...but come on now 357 pages?!!! :blink: That is just insanity. This thread should have its own web site and its own special dedicated blog. Anyway, to my question...

In the instruction manual, it says:

7. The following is not required to run this contribution. This may help many 
  with large databases. It was submitted by UGLi 6 May 2006.  It is a SQL 
  command you run in your SQL tool provided by your host, such as phpMyAdmin. 
  Copy and paste the following line in your SQL command tool: 

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD INDEX `idx_products_model` ( `products_model` );

I am using phpMyAdmin and cannot find a place called "SQL command tool" or anything like it. I have no clue how to use step 7. It looks like it could be useful since I have over 10,000 items to add to my store. :blush:

Thanks. (And thanks to the people who made this and keep it going - you guys are great!)

in myphpadmin, in the left column, there is a little sql icon. Click on it, it will open a popup with a field to type your command

in myphpadmin, in the left column, there is a little sql icon. Click on it, it will open a popup with a field to type your command

First, thank you.

Second, I did that and it didn't seem to do anything. Is there a way that I can tell if it worked or not? Thanks

you can go to the actual tables to see if it added idx_products_model

First, thank you.

Second, I did that and it didn't seem to do anything. Is there a way that I can tell if it worked or not? Thanks

if you click on the table products and view its structure, you should now see the new index you created (called idx_products_model)

That's it

hi all,

i have just started to use the contribution could someone please advise me on how i could input different sizes on attributes as i am unsure on how to do this and also i cant click on product attributes in the admin section of my site

Thanks in advance

John

the attributes usage is a little convoluted. The best way to understand how they work in EP is to export a sample for yourself and mimic the data you see. If you turned to EP for an easier way to manage your attributes, you might consider looking at an attributes manager contribution instead.

please see the How to ask for Help section of the manual for additional details needed to offer an answer.

May I ask you the ultimate stupid question? you are responsible for one of the best liked and widely used contributions on this forum and it is evident that many like Easy populate, as witnessed by more than 358 pages of posts. However, I have read the beginning post back in 2003 and run through so many pages I obviously have lost the forest for the trees...where is the Manual that has the instructions that you refer to located? I have I believe the current version, I hope, and have tried to find a way to make it work but I never was able to see any file named Manual or Instructions other than the opening page or so of the file which you said to read.

I told you I am new...I can't be sure if I am asking the obvious or just a stupid question??

Pardon my ignorance... :rolleyes:

Well, I have to say that I am not "responsible" for anything more then the production of several version of EP. Although I am responsible for the changes in the versions 2.76d-g, as any person here, I make no specific warranty or guarantee as to my participation with regard to support. I'm simply offering useful code and (somewhat) useful advice to give back to a community that has offered me as much. :)

About your question, if you download the last version that I uploaded to the contributions section (2.76g) you will find an quick install instructions doc and a manual doc in the zip file. The manual doc has much useful information that has been collected over the year by many participants, and a How to Ask for Help section at the bottom. Most problems I see today are associated with improperly formatted import files. So a link to your file is the most important item in the How to Ask for Help section.

hi,

i've been using Easy Populate for a long time now and just updated from 2.74-MS2 to the newest 2.76d-MS2 by surfalot because of the Excel-safe output.

With regular output as a tab-delimited txt-file surfalot's version works fine, but the Excel-safe output doesn't

seem to create properly formatted files.

When I open the csv-file with a double click Excel reads all the columns in one column like this:

v_products_model,v_products_name_2,v_products_description_2,v_products_image,v_c
ategories_name_1,v_categories_name_2,v_categories_name_3,v_categories_name_4,EOR
E
OR

It doesn't separate the columns.

Any ideas?

I'm having this same problem. I just installed Easy Populate 080926EP_v2_76g_MS2_fixed. When I Import into Excel it reads all the columns in each of my columns. It doesn't separate them. Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm having this same problem. I just installed Easy Populate 080926EP_v2_76g_MS2_fixed. When I Import into Excel it reads all the columns in each of my columns. It doesn't separate them. Anybody know how to fix this?

<_< [beating a dead horse]

The best way to get help would be to download the latest version that I uploaded (v2.76g 18 Mar 2008).

Look at the EasyPopulate_Manual.txt file in the docs folder, go to the Support section, read the How to Ask for Help section. Substitute the link to the import file for a link to your output that isn't working. (along with the other info ask for)

Hi all,

There are a few things that we need to change in our Froogle feed, so I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me if they are hard to modify.

1. It displays products that are out of stock as well as in stock. We need it to remove the products from the feed that are set as out of stock.

2. Images and links to the products pages are all to the secure versions - https:// instead of http://

Please let me know if these are hard to change, if easy I will do them myself, if not I will require a PHP guru :D I think I have a few people in mind :)

Cheers

I have the latest version of Easy Populate installed 2.76g-MS2. All of my headers are being crammed in my first column. It does this every time I try to open it with Excel. It seems to be working fine now if I download it in the temp directory first or if I download it on my hard drive and then open it with excel. After looking at the file in a text editor it seems to be adding quotes around everything. That might be the problem but I have no idea how to fix it.

I just started this site so everything is a real mess right now and I haven't uploaded any products yet but anyway here is a link to the file.

http://sparklespot.com/catalog/temp/EP2008Oct20-0014.csv

My Easy Populate settings are:

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS)

DB: MySQL 4.1.20

PHP: 4.3.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/var/www/vhosts/sparklespot.com/httpdocs/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Edited by shelby72

so, is that the file opened in to excel then saved to your computer? Or is that the file saved to your computer from EP?

are you using windows or MAC?

what country are you in?

Edited by surfalot

so, is that the file opened in to excel then saved to your computer? Or is that the file saved to your computer from EP?

are you using windows or MAC?

what country are you in?

That file is opened in excel then saved to the computer. I'm using windows and I'm in the US.

well that shoots down those theories. it is working fine for me with office XP. what version of Excel are you using?

the best advice at this point is to save to the computer and then open if it works that way.

Edited by surfalot

well that shoots down those theories. it is working fine for me with office XP. what version of Excel are you using?

the best advice at this point is to save to the computer and then open if it works that way.

I'm using Windows Vista and I have Excel 2000. What could be causing that file to have those extra quotes around it? They aren't there on the files that I save to the temp folder from Easy Populate nor the ones that I save to my computer. That may not be the problem but that's the only difference I can see between the files.