• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

my assumption would be catalog\admin\includes

you might have trouble getting support for that version. I'm supporting v2.76g. I believe it is the most fixed version, but doesn't have support for some of the contributions others have.

Guys, I hope some of you could help me.

I'm finishing my on-line store but I've got a problem: each product (t-shirts) will be offered in some colours if the choosen size is between L-XXL and in other different ones if the choosen size is 3XL or 4XL-5XL.

What happened is that I couldn't find the way to do it with the attributes standard admin. I've been looking for at the contribution section with no luck.

So, is there any contribution that allow me to combine these values? Easypopulate can help me with this?

Ideally, there will be two combos: one for sizes and one for colours. Depending of the choosen size, the colours combo must be changed with the available combos for this.

Thanks so much in advance!! I wait for you reply.

I'm finishing my on-line store but I've got a problem: each product (t-shirts) will be offered in some colours if the choosen size is between L-XXL and in other different ones if the choosen size is 3XL or 4XL-5XL.

What happened is that I couldn't find the way to do it with the attributes standard admin. I've been looking for at the contribution section with no luck.

So, is there any contribution that allow me to combine these values? Easypopulate can help me with this?

Ideally, there will be two combos: one for sizes and one for colours. Depending of the choosen size, the colours combo must be changed with the available combos for this.

I'm not aware of an existing contribution that will perform what you are looking for, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's going to be far more then just an easypopulate solution. The first thing you need is to build the support for that in the osC shop. Then you will need to customize EP for it.

I'm not aware of an existing contribution that will perform what you are looking for, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's going to be far more then just an easypopulate solution. The first thing you need is to build the support for that in the osC shop. Then you will need to customize EP for it.

Ok, the problem is that I've got no idea to develop or customize a contribution... I know how to install them following the instruction, but not generate new code.

So, if someone knows any contribution, it will be perfect.

But thanks for your reply

I had to do some tricky product/attribute finagling too so this is what I recommend:

Create seperate products by shirt color, eg Red Shirt, Blue Shirt etc.

Then apply size attributes to each product.

or vice versa!

good luck

butterflypressink.com

Hi,

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I have searched for a solution and failed to find anything....

I have 2 stores, I wanted to copy the database from one to the other so I set up easy populate v2.78 on both stores, did an export from one and then imported the file straight into the other one. In catalog-admin I can see all the products but on the store I get No products in this category.

I thought it might be possible to just point the second store at the first stores database so I changed the database name in admin-includes-configure.php and catalog-includes-configure.php but that gave me problems as I hadn't set up the same contribs on each store so I reverted that change!

So now I'm back with the problem that I can see the categories, sub-categories and products in Admin but not on the store itself.

Anyone goy any ideas?

thanks

Chris

Hi,

I am trying to populate a new OSc store with the products from my other store. I exported files from the old store (I had to create five different ones, due to the vast quantity of products and attributes involved). I then imported each file one by one, getting successful messages each time due to adding and updating products.

However, when I look at my admin products area, there are no products nor categories to be found. Interestingly, the products and attributes are listed under the 'Product Attributes' section. Also, a few products are showing as 'new products' when looking from the catalog side. I am running EP v2.76f MS2, and also have MOpics installed (but will not be using MOpics).

Would someone please advise as to what might be happening?

thanks.

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of oscommerce. I tried to install easypopulate 2.72 as my first add on and I'm getting this error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /admin/easypopulate.php on line 657

The code around line 657 is

echo "<p class='smallText'>";
	echo FILE_UPLOADED .'. <br>';
	echo TEMPORARY_FILENAME . ': ' . $usrfl . '<br>';
	echo USER_FILENAME . ': ' . $usrfl_name . '<br>';
	echo SIZE . ': ' . $usrfl_size . '<br>';
	$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $usrfl_name);

with echo SIZE . ': ' . $usrfl_size . '<br>'; being line 657

Any suggestions what is going on?

Try

echo "<p class=smallText>";

echo "File uploaded. <br>";

echo "Temporary filename: " . $file['tmp_name'] . "<br>";

echo "User filename: " . $file['name'] . "<br>";

echo "Size: " . $file['size'] . "<br>";

Looks like an attempt at multi-lingual wasn't completed.

Still a brillant contribution

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

When I upload my cvs file it makes multiple instances of the same category name in my shop.

for example

my cvs with:

v_products_name_1 v_categories_name_1_1

HOT ROD CROSS Automotive

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN Automotive

HUMMINGBIRD FLOWER 12 Birds

will create category entries(under categories in the catalog):

Automotive(1)

Automotive(1)

Birds(1)

but it should be:

Automotive(2)

birds(1)

whats going on?

Maybee this one??:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,3/search,qtpro

Hello all,

I've installed the latest version of EP. I'm able to export a CVS, open it in Excel, and save and upload it. But my changes are not showing. More importantly, when I export the store again, it's as if i didn't change anything. Nothing is updated in my shop. I only have about 30 items now. My stats are below. Please help.

Beller

==============

EP vers: 2.76g-MS2

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a

HTTP: Apache

DB: MySQL 5.0.20-standard

PHP: 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Temp Directory:

/home/mylondon/www/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

When you import does it show that any products have been updated/inserted?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hello all,

I've installed the latest version of EP. I'm able to export a CVS, open it in Excel, and save and upload it. But my changes are not showing. More importantly, when I export the store again, it's as if i didn't change anything. Nothing is updated in my shop. I only have about 30 items now. My stats are below. Please help.

Hmm, its working for me with RC2a & v2.76g. What items, spcifically, are you changing? Maybe post a link (in a public place) to a sample of the upload file.

Regarding the easy populate, after I open a downloaded file with excel, the first few columns are for product picture, product name, etc, and the last few columns are for manufacturer, category and EOREOR. The columns in the middle are for product attributes, such as color, size, etc.

For my products, each color/size has one model number. For example, let's say I have three products:

AA149504 Pink color

AA149505 Purple color

AA149506 Flesh color

Instead of creating three products, I use the product attributes feature to group them together into ONE product. To differentiate them, I put AA1495 as the model number, and then list Pink-04, Purple-05, Flesh-06 in attributes fields.

As you know, Easy Populate pulls "all the attributes" of all products and put them cell by cell in each product in the txt file.

Attached is a sample file with only one product (AA1495) plus the header. If you open it by txt editor, you will see how big it is with all those attributes. The real three attribute "Pink-04, Purple-05, Flesh-06" for this product were hidden in the middle.

http://my.t-bird.edu/files/Discuss/191785/example.txt

This not only cause the easy populate file so big, but also make it impossible for people to search by model name. If people search AA149504, they get nothing. They have to search AA1495 to find the product.

So question is:

1. Is there a way to tell Easy Populate only download the attributes with individual product, do not download the attributes from other products?

2. Whether there is a way to allow buyer to search the whole model number and find the product by looking the model number + attribute number?

Thank you for reading my long post. Any help is appreciated. Maybe you know some contributions or sth to fix, can you please forward the link to me?

If you have dealt with this problem before and know the solution, I am willing to pay you. Please pm me your quote.

Thank you.

Grant

Edited by grantli2002

Thanks. I'll take a look at it, but this is a stock based solution. Although I think this is not the best way, it could be an opcion.

Cheers!!! Yolanda

I have translate this with a internet-translater, becorse my englis i not good!! :-"

It is from a Danish forum:

size and colour module?

Somebody who has a module so that you can choose what colour a jumper is to be in.

and where you can choose what size identical jumper has to be in.

somebody who has such a module?

Jep's.

It's there.

And the solution to the problem is called QTPro 4.2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,888

It works fine, I have it on my own site.... :rolleyes:

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/5.2.5 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 DAV/1.0.3 mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

DB: MySQL 5.0.45-community

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

I love how simple it is to add extra fields with Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2! This contribution keeps getting better and better!

I just want to know if I can add products_id to the extra fields. I need to change all of my model numbers in my DB but I need to keep the same product IDs. I was planing on downloading the product DB using a complete EP download, changing the model numbers, clearing the DB in the store, and then uploading everything with the new model numbers. I just didn't know if EP can change and auto incremental key field.

btw: EP vers: 2.76g-MS2 is working great for my 27,000 product store on my VPS.

Thanks!

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1

HTTP: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) PHP/5.2.5 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 DAV/1.0.3 mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

DB: MySQL 5.0.45-community

PHP: 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0)

I love how simple it is to add extra fields with Easy Populate 2.76g-MS2! This contribution keeps getting better and better!

I just want to know if I can add products_id to the extra fields. I need to change all of my model numbers in my DB but I need to keep the same product IDs. I was planing on downloading the product DB using a complete EP download, changing the model numbers, clearing the DB in the store, and then uploading everything with the new model numbers. I just didn't know if EP can change and auto incremental key field.

btw: EP vers: 2.76g-MS2 is working great for my 27,000 product store on my VPS.

Thanks!

theoretically, yes. you should be able to specify the product id in the extra fields. I have not tried it, but that idea had cross my mind when adding the feature. Make good backups and give a sample a try. Please let me know if it works.

I believe there would be a problem if a product id existed in the database, but if you cleared the data first, the SQL should be OK.

glad to hear about your success using it. :thumbsup:

Just a quick one, I noticed that of my 2300 products - all of them were being listed as 'Expected Products', even though they had their date set to "0000-00-00 00:00:00".

Not sure why it wasn't done this way, but I just changed the line (around line 2431) to

$v_date_avail = 'null';

An empty value in Excel should be stored as a null value in SQL... I no longer have 2300 products expecting arrival!

Works great when I already have existing categories, but when it has to "create categories on the fly" it doesn't. The products are still searchable but do not belong to any category, just their manufacturer.

Anyone else having the same problem?

(I'm using the latest MC 2.2RC2 and newest easy populate)

Edited by raceonusa.com

Works great when I already have existing categories, but when it has to "create categories on the fly" it doesn't. The products are still searchable but do not belong to any category, just their manufacturer.

Anyone else having the same problem?

(I'm using the latest MC 2.2RC2 and newest easy populate)

Oh, btw, I'm using a working CSV from one store and trying to import to another store, the only problem seems to be the categories..