• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi all,

I've just upgraded from a very early version of EP to version 2.76d with admin. Everything seems to work well except for Field Separator. No matter what I put in the field, it stays at comma. I use phpMyAdmin to manage my DB and I can see that the configuration value is being changes as I update the settings in admin and the admin panel shows the changes correctly, but when I open Easypopulate the separator is set to comma. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Rick

OK, I found part of the problem. This version has a setting for Excel friendly output that, if set to true will force the separator to comma. I've set this to false and now I can get any of the separators to work except tab, the default. I think it's due to the use of "\t" in the $separator array in easypopulate.php. If I select Tab in the admin panel, I get output that has \t between each field, not an actual tab. If I hard code the Tab separator in easypopulate.php , like other versions of Easy Populate, it works fine. Does anyone know how this might be fixed? is anyone else using this version of Easy Populate with admin?

Thanks,

Rick

OK, I found part of the problem. This version has a setting for Excel friendly output that, if set to true will force the separator to comma. I've set this to false and now I can get any of the separators to work except tab, the default. I think it's due to the use of "\t" in the $separator array in easypopulate.php. If I select Tab in the admin panel, I get output that has \t between each field, not an actual tab. If I hard code the Tab separator in easypopulate.php , like other versions of Easy Populate, it works fine. Does anyone know how this might be fixed? is anyone else using this version of Easy Populate with admin?

Thanks,

Rick

that makes sense to me. that is two of the reasons I decided an admin is not the way to go. There isn't enough room in the admin to provide all the proper explanation needed for each option and that tab issue. And of course, with a nice simple admin, nobody reads the docs like the readme begs you to do. You would be better off using one of my versions. This contribution is quite complex and shouldn't, if not can't, be reduced to an "admin version". There are quite a few bug fixes since 2.76d. Have fun :)

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 (with attributes) is FANTASTIC.

I was limping along with an older version that was FUBAR.

Surfalot is the Man!

Special thanks to:

Mossey Jude for the Admin adaptation...the perfect touch.

UGLi's May 6, 2006 recommendation to index the products_model field has really supercharged my 20,000 product catalog.

Netstep,

Do you have EP 2.76d with Attributes and Admin working? I installed it last night and everything seems to work except that I can't use the "tab" delimiter. Unless I hard code it into easypopulate.php tab is seen as "\t", not as a true tab character. When I look at the output my fields are delimited by \t, not by tabs.

Thanks,

Rick

that makes sense to me. that is two of the reasons I decided an admin is not the way to go. There isn't enough room in the admin to provide all the proper explanation needed for each option and that tab issue. And of course, with a nice simple admin, nobody reads the docs like the readme begs you to do. You would be better off using one of my versions. This contribution is quite complex and shouldn't, if not can't, be reduced to an "admin version". There are quite a few bug fixes since 2.76d. Have fun :)

Surfalot,

Thanks for your reply. I've been using v 2.61 I think. I've wanted to upgrade but I've added several fields to it and didn't want to fix something that wasn't broken. The admin version sounded like a good idea, but if the tab issue can't be easily fixed then the admin panel doesn't mak a lot of sense. There several EPs to download, which one do you recommend?

Thanks,

Rick

Surfalot,

Thanks for your reply. I've been using v 2.61 I think. I've wanted to upgrade but I've added several fields to it and didn't want to fix something that wasn't broken. The admin version sounded like a good idea, but if the tab issue can't be easily fixed then the admin panel doesn't mak a lot of sense. There several EPs to download, which one do you recommend?

Thanks,

Rick

v2.76f R1 is the most fixed. what tables have you added fields from ?

v2.76f R1 is the most fixed. what tables have you added fields from ?

Thank, Surfalot, I'll download that version and add my fields. I have 4 fields from Multi Vendor Shipping 1.1 and 7 fields from a products discount contrib. All of these fields are in the products table.

Thanks,

Rick

Does EP2.6f product attributes work with ULTRA pics ?

the below contrib does not have attributes included

Easy Populate 2.76f-MS2 to work with UltraPics 2.05 LightBox contribution

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5578

can anyone suggest ?

Venkat

Thank, Surfalot, I'll download that version and add my fields. I have 4 fields from Multi Vendor Shipping 1.1 and 7 fields from a products discount contrib. All of these fields are in the products table.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi to all,

Have been going over this for almost three weeks now. The links: Download a tab-delimited .txt file to edit and Create tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir still does not work after an install of EasyPopulate. I have already used both 2.76(latest version) and 2.1(an earlier version), but still was not working. I have carefully followed the installation steps (both on the pdf manual and the instructions text file), but all it seems to do when I click on the links, is to refresh the page. No errors displayed.

I have a temp folder on my catalog directory, and have set $tempdir and $tempdir2 accordingly. My temp folder is defined to have the required permissions.

Can someone, anybody point me to a possible cause of this? Or have someone encountered this before? Please instruct me to it.

* Or if someone would be interested, my client for the project (http://www.asiatype-distribution.com/catalog) is willing to pay anyone who would be willing to work on this as soon as possible since we're fast approaching a deadline. Please contact me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance. Good day to you all,

Lem

I'm just starting to get the hang of EP on my testing site but am running into a strange issue that I'm sure someone has experienced before (I just can't find the answer in the archives).

If I prepare a file that contains the v_manufacturers_name, v_products_name_1, v_products_model, v_products_quantity, and v_products_price fields (plus the EOR) and upload it through EP, all of the appropriate fields are updated like they should... unless they belong to new products that don't already exist in my catalog. In that case, I get the "NEW PRODUCT" message for that data, but I am then unable to find that product in my catalog. I can see the information in my database with phpMyAdmin, but can't get it to appear in my catalog.

What fields or values am I missing that would allow me to see these new products in my admin/catalog?

I'm just starting to get the hang of EP on my testing site but am running into a strange issue that I'm sure someone has experienced before (I just can't find the answer in the archives).

If I prepare a file that contains the v_manufacturers_name, v_products_name_1, v_products_model, v_products_quantity, and v_products_price fields (plus the EOR) and upload it through EP, all of the appropriate fields are updated like they should... unless they belong to new products that don't already exist in my catalog. In that case, I get the "NEW PRODUCT" message for that data, but I am then unable to find that product in my catalog. I can see the information in my database with phpMyAdmin, but can't get it to appear in my catalog.

What fields or values am I missing that would allow me to see these new products in my admin/catalog?

category come to mind. see the manual for correct formatting.

Surfalot,

I've installed EP 2.76f as you suggested and I've added my 12 fields. So far, everything seems to work fine except that the new fields I've added don't show up in the box for the custom download. It's not a big deal as they do work if I use the quick links below the box, but is it possible for me to get check boxes for all of my additional fields?

Thanks,

Rick

Surfalot,

I've installed EP 2.76f as you suggested and I've added my 12 fields. So far, everything seems to work fine except that the new fields I've added don't show up in the box for the custom download. It's not a big deal as they do work if I use the quick links below the box, but is it possible for me to get check boxes for all of my additional fields?

Thanks,

Rick

Surfalot,

I found what I was looking for. Now I have functional check boxes for all of my additional fields.

Thanks Surfalot for an excellent contribution and good advice.

BTW Do you surfalot? My brother owns a surf shop in Huntington Beach, CA.

re: Easypopulate 2.76d Multilanguage categories_name

The multilanguage modifications are set to go. :rolleyes:

Downloads perfectly the existing db, 4 categories, 2 languages: categories_name_1_1

categories_name_x_y (where x = cat level, and y = language id)

| v_products_model | v_products_id | v_products_image | v_products_name_1 | v_products_description_1 | v_products_url_1 | v_products_name_3 | v_products_description_3 | v_products_url_3 | v_products_price | v_products_weight | v_date_avail | v_date_added | v_products_quantity | v_products_master | v_products_master_status | v_products_listing_status | v_manufacturers_name | v_categories_name_1_1 | v_categories_name_2_1 | v_categories_name_3_1 | v_categories_name_1_3 | v_categories_name_2_3 | v_categories_name_3_3 | v_tax_class_title | v_status | EOREOR

| E-3115-25- | 348 | Biochem/E-3115-25.jpeg | GenePure HiRes Agarose | GenePure HiRes Agarose is specifically | | GenePure HiRes - Agarosa de Alta Resolución | GenePure HiRes Agarose is specifically | | 0 | | | | 1 | 0 | 1 | 1 | GenePure | Laboratory | Electrophoresis & Blotting | Agarose | Laboratorio | Electrophoresis y Transferencia | Agarosa | --none-- | Active | EOREOR

Now, uploading is another saga………… :(

- Categories do not appear in Admin/Catalog

- Products appear in phpmysql

- Good - Products_info page displays the right product in 2 languages (Master Products not working though – maybe because of the product_to_category malfunctioning - I guess)

- Not getting errors while uploading:

-------------------------------------------

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpgWaqDS

User filename: EP2007Jun15-short-4.txt

Size: 3267

| E-3115-25- | | Biochem/E- | GenePure H | GenePure H | | GenePure H | GenePure H | | 0 | | 6/8/2007 | 6/8/2007 | | 0 | 1 | 1 | GenePure | Laboratory | Electropho | Agarose | Laboratori | Electropho | Agarosa | --none-- | Active Updated

| E-3115-25 | | Biochem/pi | GenePure H | 25g | | GenePure A | 25g | | 125 | | 6/8/2007 | 6/8/2007 | | 314 | 0 | 0 | GenePure | Laboratory | Electropho | Agarose | Laboratori | Electropho | Agarosa | --none-- | Active Updated

| E-3115-125 | | Biochem/pi | GenePure H | 125g | | GenePure A | 125g | | 350 | | 6/8/2007 | 6/8/2007 | | 314 | 0 | 0 | GenePure | Laboratory | Electropho | Agarose | Laboratori | Electropho | Agarosa | --none-- | Active Updated

| E-3115-500 | | Biochem/pi | GenePure H | 500g | | GenePure A | 500g | | 1105 | | 6/8/2007 | 6/8/2007 | | 314 | 0 | 0 | GenePure | Laboratory | Electropho | Agarose | Laboratori | Electropho | Agarosa | --none-- | Active Updated

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

-------------------------------------------

What is the $sql_filter; at the end of this code: ".TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES." as ptoc

WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id " . $sql_filter;

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Has there been found a solution for multi language categories in EP nowadays? Because i have a great problem using EP with multilanguage categories. I would love to add the multilanguage categories to my excel sheet but I don't know how.. and it is very much work to add all the categories manually in multi languages.

I have downloaded and installed this add on and it worked fine until i uploaded the .csv for the second time it have doubled all my items so there is two of them how to i stop it doing this :S.

Thanks for the help in advance. :)

category come to mind. see the manual for correct formatting.

Actually, what I was hoping to do was have these new products show up in the default view for admin/categories.php beneath the listing of the categories in my store so that they'd be easy to spot. So it seems like the way to go for that would be to not include the category field in the EP upload, and have that field set to NOT NULL and defaulted to 0 in my database. I'll get that part figured out eventually.

At the moment I'm having a new, more important problem. When I upload the previously mentioned EP file (with v_manufacturers_name, v_products_name_1, v_products_model, v_products_quantity, and v_products_price fields, plus the EOR), all of my product descriptions and URLs are being erased. My question is, am I *supposed* to be uploading those two fields every time, or am I doing something wrong? Also, are other fields potentially being overwritten that I might not know about?

Just so you know, my EP file doesn't have any fields with blank information in it -- the file only has those five fields mentioned above, with no gaps at all.

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page here. If you would like my help, you must be using a version I uploaded and have read the manual thoroughly, which of course includes the "how to ask for help" section. Otherwise, someone else may get to your questions when they have time.

I need help. I had Items in separate categories in my store that had identical titles, but separate (though similar) product model codes. I found that (for some unknown reason) the product description was showing the same for both products, even though I had different descriptions written for each.

I assumed that it was the similarities in naming so I changed the names to no longer be identical. This did nothing, so I changed the model codes to be less similar (they were previously different by one letter i.e. 4000a & 4000b; I changed more along the lines of 4000-1 & 4000). This worked in one instance, meaning that I now had listings for two separate products with their own unique descriptions.

But in another instance, it failed, meaning instead of getting two unique product listings, I get one correct product listing and one page that appears with $0, an add to cart button, and an otherwise empty frame. When I check the product in my admin panel, all of the information is there. When I access the category page prior to the product page, the information is there, but the product page is blank. To see this for yourself, go to http://www.specterstore.com/store/catalog/...eluxe-mask.html. Everything here is listed fine, but click on a link and you'll see what I mean. The similar (working) listings are in http://www.specterstore.com/store/catalog/deluxe-masks.html. I don't know if that helps.

I am posting this in the easy populate forum, because I was using this contribution to add products to my store when all went awry. I don't know if the two are intertwined, but I thought it might be worth a shot. It seemed especially likely, because EP is dependant upon model codes. I thought there might be some naming rules that I was perhaps overlooking. When I download an EP file, all of the information is in place and correct with no redundant model codes. So where are my products?

Surely someone else has had this problem. Any help is tremendously appreciated.

I've looked and haven't been able to find a solution to what I think is a pretty basic problem regarding CSV imports and attributes.

If I download a CSV file using EP, then change the price of a product option (attribute) and import the CSV back in, everything seems to go fine. I get no errors and the message tells me that the product has been updated. I can even see the new price in the appropriate field on the admin page after the import. When I go to the store however, the old price is still there - no change.

This happens with new products as well. On import, everything appears to be fine and I can see all the appropriate fields on the admin page. When I go to the store, the new product is there but no attributes.

I think this is the last piece I need to make my 3000+ item store run silky smooth. Can anyone help?

Here's what my settings say:

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/home/.ruri/lichius/stfrancisdesales.com/newsite/catalog/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: off

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

I am using the Option-Type contrib as well. Could that be having an effect?

Thanks!

I just downloaded this contribution and it looks like it is exactly what I have been looking for! Thank you for all the hard work that has gone into this. However, I do have one question. I am using the UPS XML Rates and Services contribution and would like to use EP to quickly update the height, width, and length. Is this possible using EP or does this information reside in another table that EP doesn't look at?

Thanks!

Chris

I need help. I had Items in separate categories in my store that had identical titles, but separate (though similar) product model codes. I found that (for some unknown reason) the product description was showing the same for both products, even though I had different descriptions written for each.

I assumed that it was the similarities in naming so I changed the names to no longer be identical. This did nothing, so I changed the model codes to be less similar (they were previously different by one letter i.e. 4000a & 4000b; I changed more along the lines of 4000-1 & 4000). This worked in one instance, meaning that I now had listings for two separate products with their own unique descriptions.

But in another instance, it failed, meaning instead of getting two unique product listings, I get one correct product listing and one page that appears with $0, an add to cart button, and an otherwise empty frame. When I check the product in my admin panel, all of the information is there. When I access the category page prior to the product page, the information is there, but the product page is blank. To see this for yourself, go to http://www.specterstore.com/store/catalog/...eluxe-mask.html. Everything here is listed fine, but click on a link and you'll see what I mean. The similar (working) listings are in http://www.specterstore.com/store/catalog/deluxe-masks.html. I don't know if that helps.

I am posting this in the easy populate forum, because I was using this contribution to add products to my store when all went awry. I don't know if the two are intertwined, but I thought it might be worth a shot. It seemed especially likely, because EP is dependant upon model codes. I thought there might be some naming rules that I was perhaps overlooking. When I download an EP file, all of the information is in place and correct with no redundant model codes. So where are my products?

Surely someone else has had this problem. Any help is tremendously appreciated.

I sorted it out. It was an issue with the SEO-G contribution.

I've been using EP version 2.76f-MS2 r1 successfully on two different sites to upload and update products (it's a great contribution!!!), but have hit a wall when trying to get EP to handle a new field. Many of my products have Minimum Advertised Price restrictions, and there is a field already set up in the Products table (products_map) to handle this. Currently I have to go into each new product through Admin to enter the MAP price after uploading them with EP, and it would save a lot of time if these could be uploaded in Easy Populate. I've spent a number of hours during the past two days searching and reading posts from the support thread and trying to add the field by following the instructions referred to in a few of them posted on Jan 13, 2008, but those instructions evidently refer to an older version of easypopulate.php than the one used in 2.76f-MS2 r1, so I haven't been able to make it work (my version doesn't have a line with $filelayout = array_merge($filelayout, array( . I admit up front that I'm not a coder, but I generally do a fair job of following instructions. Could anyone who has successfully added a new field in EP version 2.76f-MS2 r1 offer any advice on this? Thanks in advance for your help!

My EP install details are:

EP vers: 2.76f-MS2 r1

Temp Dir:

/var/www/html/temp/

Temp Dir is Writable

Magic Quotes is: off

register_globals is: on

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 12

Price with tax: false

Calc Precision: 2

Replace quotes: false

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: false

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

More Pics: false

Unknown Pics: false

HTC: false

SPPC: false

Extra Fields: false

Hi,

Is there already a solution for the 'move product' issue?

I still cannot find Easy Populate very useful when there is no such thing as a 'move product' feature.

When I move my product on my sheet Easy Populate will duplicate this product into the new assigned category.