• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

BTW i just realized that all of my " 's in the code are doubled when i saved the file as tab-delimited!!! can this perhaps be the root of all evil, you reckon?

see:

v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR
1570013	brands/philips/1570013.jpg	Philips bSure SV2 Brilliance	"Philips's bCool XG1 has SmartDimmer Mode? also known as Eco mode 
amongst other manufacturers, which reduces the brightness to 1500 lumens 
resulting in an increase in lamplife of up to 30% (1900 hrs total life) and 
reduces fan noise from 35dB to 33dB for those occasions when full brightness is 
not needed.<br>
Security Max? provides a password based security system with user definable time 
setting to give a some form of projection against theft.<br><br>
The bCool XG1 is best suited for people on the move and who give presentations 
to audiences numbering from 2 to 20 people.<br>
</br>
<table border=""0"" style=""font-size: 9pt"" style=""font-size: 9pt""  style=""border-collapse: collapse""  width=""100%"">
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <font color=""#990000""><b>Luminance (ANSI Lumen):</b></font></td>
   <td>1700</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Lamp Life (hrs):</font></b></td>
   <td>2000</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Resolution:</font></b></td>
   <td>XGA</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Weight (kg):</font></b></td>
   <td>1.6</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Contrast Ratio:</font></b></td>
   <td>2000:1</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Noise (dB):</font></b></td>
   <td>35</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Audio Output:</font></b></td>
   <td>2W mono </td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Wireless Capacity:</font></b></td>
   <td>No</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Projection Size:</font></b></td>
   <td>25" - 292" diagonal</td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
   <td width=""180""> 
   <b><font color=""#990000"">Warranty Info:</font></b></td>
   <td>1 year loan support + 2 years return to base </td>
 </tr>
</table>"  994.1   	 Philips	Projectors	Business  Taxable  EOREOR

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

i deleted extra quotation marks in the delimited file and uploaded the file but nothing improved!! i still do't get things right! and like i said interestingly when i go to admin, click preview product and click update without even anything touched the description will be corrected in the shop view!

with $replace_quotes set to false or 0 nothing will be uploaded and i get a warning and error message as i posted earlier.

help will be appreciated.

the only way that it works seems to be to remove the qoutation marks altogether from the html code (not in plain descriptions but other codes like tables etc.) as djgizmo (Sean) also mentioned.

this is what i did to my code and product was uploaded w/o any problems:

instead of this:

<table border="0" style="font-size: 9pt" width="100%" style="border-collapse: collapse">
 <tr>
   <td width="180"> 
   <font color="#990000"> 
   <b>Luminance (ANSI Lumen):</b></font></td>
   <td>1400</td>
 </tr>
</table>

i did this: (notice that there's no double quotations and spaces are removed!)

<table border=0 style=font-size:9pt width=100% style=border-collapse:collapse>
 <tr>
   <td width=180> 
   <font color=#990000> 
   <b>Luminance (ANSI Lumen):</b></font></td>
   <td>1400</td>
 </tr>
</table>

of course stripping the code from the qoutation marks takes time esp. if you have thousands of products with varying codes, etc.

i do't think this is a general issue, is it? what is a sensible solution round it?

comments?

Now another matter! when i upload a test product and there are html coding (inthis case: tables) in the description i noticed that the stylesheet style is only applied to the plain text part of the description and leaves my table font and style as they are!!! why doesn't style applied to this part of the product description? it is important as i want consistency and homogenity across the shop. it is not practical to have to define the style for every single table/product.

Hi

I Have just uploaded 1800 products using this contribution and I am have a problem with the images not uploading...I checked that the image names, extensions, case and paths match...and they do

So can one any help with this one

Cheers Malc

hiya

first put all of your images in relevant folders in the image folder. then refernce then like this:

i want product xzy to be linked with image xyz.jpg which i first put in its folder here: images/brands/IBM/accessories

in image field only put brands/IBM/accessories/xyz.jpg

this must work! it has with mine.

Hey mib,

yeah it is because of the quotes and when i checked the product description i admineven without doing nothing there i realized by clicking update admin automatically puts the \ for me! now if i have to do this or even manually enter \ for every single quote for thousands of products we are talking about a lot of free time. 'fraid i ain't got a lot of it. there must be a better way round it. question is why does it happen in the first place! changing the $replace_quotes didn't help either which is odd.

let's see what we can do about it.

Hy,

i have a big problem with this great contribution, i?ve installed it and download the txt file to get the header row, that all worked fine. In the Txt file i can also see my test product which i manually added in OSC, but now my problem when i add products to the file and upload it everything seems ok first and i don?t get an error, but the products are not shown in my catalog or in the admin, but when i download the txt file again, there they are.

When i upload again i get the message that the products are updated...but nothing shows up....

what is wrong???

I hope anyone of you could help me out!!

in the easy populate source code you have to set inventory to true.

it could be something got corrupted. what happens when you download the whole store to ep, and try to restore it to another system.

or you can send me the data file and i can try it.

THANK YOU !

it seems that this was the solution, i looked up in my EP file and the only thing i could find was the option for the zero qty it was set to true, i thought that it was right but i try to set it of and dadaa there it goes....

products are shown and the upload works fine!

:D

Hi

Thank you all for the fantastic Easy Populate contribution. It is the most useful one for me so far.

I installed the EP and I "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" just for testing since on the site I only have around 30 products so far, (but I have lots sit in my computer spreadsheet and waiting to upload).

Questions:

1. There are fields missing in the text file but they are on the site. "Strength" and "Pack" missing. How can I also download and upload (or enable) these fields?

2. I have spaces in the products name as well as in the description fields, eg "Erythromycin Acne Soln" as name, and "Topical antibacterials for mild to moderate acne" as description, what can I do?

3. How can I convert excel file (each filed in a single shell) to tab delimit file like "model/timage/tname/tdescription/t.....EOREOR"?

Thanks in advance.

LJ

matt, no file there, you can email it to me and i can look.

lj, you have to add additional fields to match what you have added to the site. i take it you manually added strength and pack?

spaces in the description and name are no problem.

you save the file as a tab delimited file, when you go to save the file choose from the file type

Mibble:

I solved that problem, but I have another question. This string is being inserted into the DB incorrectly:

String Description:

<b>Product Description & Demo:</b> [ <a href="http://store.gegy.com/sa/seekshop?category=Music&page=Album&sku=MAV16492.2" target = "_blank">Click Here</a> ]<br><i>Note: Close window to return to SeekShopping.com product page</i>

How it is being inserted:

<b>Product Description & Demo:</a> [ <a href='http://store.gegy.com/sa/seekshop?category=Music&page=Album&sku=WEAI61047.2' target = '_blank'>Click Here</a> ]<br><i>Note: Close window to return to SeekShopping.com product page</i>

Can you help with that at all?

the quotes are being replaced with the equivalent, the ' thus if you go to where ever that is being referenced in your site, you will see that the link shows correctly. the other way around that is to possibly use the \ prior to it.

i have many customers who dont mind, makes it easier for them to not have to worry about remembering to add the \ prior to the quotes

Mibble:

I solved that problem, but I have another question. This string is being inserted into the DB incorrectly:

String Description:

<b>Product Description & Demo:</b> [ <a href="http://store.gegy.com/sa/seekshop?category=Music&page=Album&sku=MAV16492.2" target = "_blank">Click Here</a> ]<br><i>Note: Close window to return to SeekShopping.com product page</i>

How it is being inserted:

<b>Product Description & Demo:</a> [ <a href='http://store.gegy.com/sa/seekshop?category=Music&page=Album&sku=WEAI61047.2' target = '_blank'>Click Here</a> ]<br><i>Note: Close window to return to SeekShopping.com product page</i>

Can you help with that at all?

Mibble:

The ' actually causes the hyperlink not to work properly. Basically, I get my root directory and them that link displayed with quotes. When just the quotes are there in the DB and not the ' the link functions properly. Do you have any ideas if eaypopulate is changing the " to a '. Putting \ prior to the quote didn't work either.

One other question... do you know how easypopulate could be modified quickly to just take and import a directory full of files?

yes there is a section in the easypopulate.php source which changes the quotes. if it isnt being displayed properly in the browser, then something is wrong, you cant copy from your ep file into the browser, you need to let osC do the translating.

as for importig a directory of files, you could possibly load them into your server and then run from a cron job, be just as easy to do them yourself to verify if they get loaded properly.

I have installed easy populate and get this error when I try to create a txt file

Warning: fopen(/home/speegbzi/public_html/eshop/temp/EP2004Aug17-1212.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/speegbzi/public_html/eshop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 603

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/speegbzi/public_html/eshop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 604

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/speegbzi/public_html/eshop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 605

You can get your file in the Tools/Files under temp/EPEP2004Aug17-1212.txt

Is this a server permissions issue?? or something else.

I changed permissions on various files to 777 and had my host change something to allow image upload.

Any ideas ?

:unsure: