• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

hi,

Please HELP! my easy populate doesn't work! i get a message popup saying:

inernet explorer cannot download ...p?download....com

IE was not able to open this internet site. the requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. please try again later.

this happens when i try to "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit". my installation is correct as i had tested it before and all was fine.

the site and admin work all fine. permissions seem to be OK.

the changes i made AFTER i installed easy populate are as follows (as this might be causing the problem!):

- made the shop more british (dates, etc.)

- installed "who-is-online" contribution

- set up SSL for shop and admin

- added the "sitemap" contribution

- added the "featured products" contribution

- added "turing number" confirmation to account setup page

- added "short description for products" contribution

appreciate your support.

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

ep has nothing to do with those, it has to be something else causing a conflict. it could be timing out. backup your ep file, then try copying a generic ep file over the top and see what happens.

strangely i cannot edit my text!

Anyways. i realized that i can actually create a tab delimited file in my temp directory but i'm not able to download it!!

when i click on

Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir
EP generates the file and i can see it in my temp dir. but i'm not able to download it neither by clicking download directly or clicking download in temp!

can i be because of my permissions? if so which files should have what permission? most of my permissions are read-only; some also executable.

any ideas?

Hi John,

just tried to upload a file and i got this:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/.../shop/temp/EP2004Jul19-0012.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /.../shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpO0C8sr' to '/..../shop/temp/EP2004Jul19-0012.txt' in /.../shop/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpO0C8sr

User filename: EP2004Jul19-0012.txt

Size: 12720

Warning: file(/.../shop/temp/EP2004Jul19-0012.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /.../shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /.../shop/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

what's wrong you reckon? permission?

Edited by siavash

the above issue was resolved by swithing off the ADMIN SSL!! duuno why this should happen when in SSL!!? any comments? cause i don' thing you should turn on and off your SSL when you wanna pload files and all. it should work with SSL as well nah?

le me know.

check this, on or about line 591 in your ep file, replace the commented out line. you may want to check your backup.php for the same . . .

find this and comment out

// header("Pragma: no-cache");

replace with this

if ($request_type== 'NONSSL'){

header("Pragma: no-cache");

} else {

header("Pragma: ");

}

paulie, i am using the multiple image contribution

Hi John,

Can you link me to the contrib that you mentioned or tell me the exact name of it? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Paul

When I tried to use easy populate with s/m/l and ezier new fields contribs I used the contrib for adding new fields...but kept running into problems. I don't know, maybe that contrib needs to be updated or something because what actually happened when I followed the instruction is that my retail_price field was mucking up the data after it. I don't know exactly how I fixed it but I did. I read somewhere that the order of the fields in easypopulate.php played a major role so I moved a few things and now it works like a charm.

I don't kow if anybody needs this or not but if somebody thinks I should wrap it up and contribute it or post the code here, please let me know. I hate to clutter up contrib pages and I don't want to post a whole file here unless someone asks.

I've tried everything and can't get the Price Break and EP to work together, any chance you could share your solution?

TIA

image contrib is mo pics

for adding new fields, somewhere in this thread i have posted a sample ep file which has multiple images and multiple fields (about 7 more fields) so that can be used for the example programming

Hi all, I just installed EP... very easy vs some contribs. Anyways, I was just curious if there is a way to make certain attributes the default in the drop down menu when someone views that product.

or even a setting order in which they are show on the drop down would nice.

Thank you

Edited by djgizmo

Just a quicky, is there anyway to control category images, I have the categories 1,2&3 wouldnt it be a good idea to have the images in there as well cat1/image and so on.

I have a lot of categories and when I upload my products file I have over 100 categories sometimes so adding cat images takes a lot of time.

Just thinking out loud.

Dear experts,

I seem to be having a problem uploading files.Just to make sure I am going about this the right way

1.first I downloaded a complete text file with the headers

2.Opened this file and added products(descriptions etc) using Excel

3.Still in excel, saved as a text file (tab delimited)

4.Uploaded using easy populate

I am using html tables and think the problem is comming from numbers in quotation marks. I tried to change the easy populate settings here:

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

//set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes =true;

But if I set the value to false I get an sql error?

All in all I am still getting to upload but anything with a number such as background colour, front size etc is getting messed up so borders and colours etc change.

Does anyone have a fix?

Mibble you seem to be the man to ask if this is available or has been queried before in this thread, are category images able to be uploaded with ep?

I understand, but what I mean sorry is this you have fields called v_categories_name_1 for example is it possible or is the feature already available to make a field next to it like:

v_categories_name_1 : v_categories_name_1_image

And so on for all other categories in EP.

Thx in advance.

adding fields to ep is easy, you just need to make sure you do it correclty. i suggest trying to add one field to make it do what you want, when you succeed, then you can add all the others.

Great stuff Mibble, I will study the EP.php file and see whats wot, and try my best frequenting this site to get tips, I think this would be a nice feature as I am on 56k adding 100s of cat images is a bummer, when I already upload the small and big image fields just an extension really.

Anyways thx for your time much appreciated.

Filename: EP2004Aug09-1705.txt

Warning: file(/home/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog//simplyfancydress-www/catalog/tempEP2004Aug09-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 669

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

I am getting the above error when trying to import file from temp dir.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog//simplyfancydress-www/catalog/temp/EP2004Aug09-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpiDr5Yi' to '/home/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog//simplyfancydress-www/catalog/temp/EP2004Aug09-1705.txt' in /home2/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpiDr5Yi
User filename: EP2004Aug09-1705.txt
Size: 27835

Warning: file(/home/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog//simplyfancydress-www/catalog/tempEP2004Aug09-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 651

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/wendy/simplyfancydress-www/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 674

The above is the error I get when I try to Upload and install ep file

Complete novice here so guess it is something simple