• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

just a thought for you....if you know that you are losing one character and have it being replaced by another, just do a find and replace in the txt file.

This is not the best solution, but....It should work for you.

Need Hosting? Just ask!

Hello,

After uploading my products with Easy Populate, the date that the product was added does not display. It shows it just like this:

This product was added to our catalog on .

Any ideas how I can get the date to display, or how to remove the line altogether?

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by Paulie

just a thought for you....if you know that you are losing one character and have it being replaced by another, just do a find and replace in the txt file.

This is not the best solution, but....It should work for you.

The problem is that all cyrillic characters are replaced by questions marks, so I can see only ???? instead of the descriptions.

Which images contribution am I supposed to use with the latest EP version? I need three or more images with most products. I see the EP.php has places where there is code to uncomment but I dont know which one to install that is the partner to EP. thanks

Mibble:

I have a new install with the Simple Template System contrib being the only installed option.

I followed the readme file exactly and I'm getting this error:

Warning: main(admin/includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/iplaydir/public_html/advanceg/cart/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 156

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'admin/includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/cart/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 156

Does this have to do with the STS install? It did edit the application_top.php file, but to what extent, I don't know. Unfortunately, removing the STS contrib is not an option. If it is a problem with STS, I'd hate to remove it to use the EP contrib, then uninstall EP and reinstall STS.

Please help!

Paulie, do it the easy way, leave the date empty, EP will take the date currently the products are being uploaded and insert for you.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your advise, it worked!

In a separate issue, is it true that 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library will not work correctly when the products have been uploaded with Easy Populate?

Thanks again,

Paul

Paulie, I am not sure about the auto thumbnailer, as I do not use anything to create thumbnails, i do it manually via photoshop, so i can minimize the size of the files. i have two separate directory listings for small and for large images, makes it easier.

if you want to see an example of the sizes of the images used AND you are not against 'adult toy sites' then visit My Webpage then right click on the small images, get the size and then look at the size of the large images.

Jeff, what you will need to do is check your server log files, both the access and error log while you are trying to run the ep program. did you make sure to setup the proper temp directory? with you having cart/catalog i am assuming your path to temp should be /cart/catalog/temp/ you may have to adjust that a bit. any reason for going with cart/catalog? if not, i would move it up one level, it will in the long run drop the server access time down a bit (remember each character has to be parsed via the web server) so less characters means overall faster speed. not much for one person however over one year can make quite a bit of access time.

i have two separate directory listings for small and for large images, makes it easier.

Hi John,

I do have thumbs already created for my images, but I'm not sure how to use them. If I upload my thumbs to a separate directory, how do I get Easy Populate to update all of my products so that it points to the correct thumbnail directory? And I assume I also need to somehow disable the Small Image Width and Small Image Height settings to prevent it from automatically resizing my full sized images? I'm not really sure what to do here.

Thanks,

Paul

Ok, I am not seeing anywhere in the Easy Populate and Product attributes where I can set the name of my downloadable file? I am setting up a store with several hundred downloadable products, and want a quicker way to set them up, thought Easy Populate would be my answer, but there is no place toi set my download.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Cory

No, I mean a place to put the names of the files that someone will download upon purchase, ie the Product Attribute>Filename. There is a place in EP for putting the Option name and Option Value, but no where to put the file that is to be downloaded, or Expiry days or max download count (I know you can set the default value for the last two in the admin>config, but that only applies to new Attributes, if I set that, then specify what I can in EP, it does not take the default values)

Thanks,

Cory

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I am using the 'Attributes Sort Order v1.0' contribution. I installed it after easypopulate. The problem is that I do not have a field to edit in Excel to set the value for sorting. Is there an easier way?

Thanks.