• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

The thing that stands out for me is that it's referring to the directory as "DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT" ...that tells me it doesn't know what directory to go to.

When I searched for your error "Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/..."

I found this post on page 172

YEEESSS! It lives!

For the record I have been confused about the use of the term "$DOCUMENT_ROOT". The development site uses this term in the configure.php no problem, whilst if I insert it into the production site, the file manager seems to have a problem if I use it (see thread).

I have ended up using the the ordinary root statement

CODE

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', "blah/blah/etc");

The rest is as per the instructions and it has just "squirted" 250 test entries with multiple attributes into both sites; grin like cheshire cat!

Mibble if you happen to read this I hope you now understand where I was coming from on the queries - thank you

Nossum

I think you should try putting "document root" back to the way it was...just try it.

Which version of EP are you using?

QUOTE(d4funky1 @ May 19 2006, 03:54 PM) *

Line 685 DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT

Hi,

I've followed the install instructions to a tee and also the read me 1st file.

I've made the configuration changes where necessary and changed DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT.

My temp directory has the correct path in the config file also.

I can download a Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit, allthough it has added a few attributes that weren't originally in the product?

When i come to upload a file into the database here's how i do it.

1, upload the .txt file to catalog/temp folder via ftp

2, select easy populate in the admin panel and use the Import from Temp Dir

3, Type the file name in the box (filename only ie: EP2006May19-2008.txt)

4, Insert into Database

I am presented with the following:

Lines 685 to 690 in my easypopulate.php file are thus:

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

I downloaded the 2.90b version and still can't get it to work. I need the seperate price per customer. I did everything necessary with the sql file, running on Unix with MySql. Could someone please help me out and either successfully add seperate price per customer to a working version or give me an idea how to make it so, with 2.90b, when I try to download the txt file or send it to temp_dir, it doesn't just refresh the page and not do anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

Plz don't laugh if i have a foolish question !! :)

Can I add new product, new attribute v.v in the txt file or only edit ?!

-----------------

I was crazy with 2.90 , any things in manual , forum did not work ! So, very thank to choosealogin for the advice 2.76. :D

But, i have some things can't do with it !!

6. Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set [b]DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT  DO THIS[/b]!!  IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS.  IF YOU DO NOT FLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

I can't find the "DOCUMENT_ROOT" in the configure.php so i can't change it !! But EP still work, not crash !

2. I can only download .txt , but when upload that file , no thing change !!! I test myseft by download complete .txt , del all products , upload that file but there nothing in may categories !! There are no error warning !!

3. The file .txt structure !! My shop is about paint product. I have ~ 100 products ! Each product, there is some attributes but the important attribute is color (you see, they are paint products). Each product's color attribute has ~ 60 color codes !!! 60 color codes of one product is not same of another product !!

So, if the structure is in horizon, it's too hard to edit or add some color code for some products !!!

So , can it be in horizon for product anh vertical for attribute of each product ?!

Edited by shpy

Paint for VietNamese :

Mark,

I'm using EP & PA 2.79b-MS2 (bug fixes,CIP,options in admin for AO,SPPC,QTpro. en,ge,it,fi,ru) by dAbserver.

I'm pretty stumped about it all. As I mentioned I can download but when I upload I get the error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/rihacftp/tmp/phpSawkNS' to '/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt' in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

FILE_UPLOAD_EP

TEMPORARY_FILENAME_EP/home/rihacftp/tmp/phpSawkNS

USER_FILENAME_EPEP2006May20-1705.txt

SIZE_EP

Warning: file(): Unable to access /home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 671

Warning: file(/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 671

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 693

line 32 of my functions.php file - move_uploaded_file($filename['tmp_name'], $target);

line 671 of easypopulate.php - $readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . EP_TEMP_DIR . $usrfl_name);

line 693 of "" -foreach ($readed as $read){

Any advice would be great......going koo koo here.

Sam

Mark,

I'm using EP & PA 2.79b-MS2 (bug fixes,CIP,options in admin for AO,SPPC,QTpro. en,ge,it,fi,ru) by dAbserver.

I'm pretty stumped about it all. As I mentioned I can download but when I upload I get the error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/rihacftp/tmp/phpSawkNS' to '/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt' in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

FILE_UPLOAD_EP

SIZE_EP

Warning: file(): Unable to access /home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 671

Warning: file(/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 671

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 693

line 32 of my functions.php file - move_uploaded_file($filename['tmp_name'], $target);

line 671 of easypopulate.php - $readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . EP_TEMP_DIR . $usrfl_name);

Sam

I had a similar problem here and this is how it was resolved for me. Worth a try. Remember to back up your files.

1, Go to Admin panel , Tools, Server Info and do a search (ctrl + f) for DOCUMENT_ROOT_REAL

2, Make a note of the full path on the right:

example:

/websites/symlinks/fa/nc/yd/fancydressretail.co.uk/public_html

3, Open up your configure.php file in catalog, admin, includes and find the line:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

and change to

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/your/full/path/found/in/admin/tools/server/info/public_html/');

4, Save and upload the configure.php file

That solved that issue for me however now i have a new one which will be explained in the next post.

Many Thanks

D4

Hi,

When uploading my .txt file into easypopulate either via ftp or inserting into db via ep i get the same problem.

It seems to upload the first product in the list (allthough the price is 0 and when i click on it it says no products found and just lists the others.

here's the info from EP:

Filename: EP2006May20-0909.txt

| 26124 | | FLAG CAR S | St. George | | 0.99 | | | 21/05/2006 | 10 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | World Cup | | | | Active !New Product!

| 26123 FO | 26120 WR | 26117 HA | 26113 HA | 26041 ST | 22653 SH | 22069 CO | 97664 BA | 20136 WI | 26770 PI | 99717 BA | 97150 RO | 94647 RI | 94646 RI | 94456 LO | 94194 BU | 94193 BU | 94192 BU | 94139 AR | 94138 AR | 94118 ZO | 92112 CA | 27801 HO | 25515 FL | 23686 AR | 23685 CO | 23683 BA

It doesn't seem to state new product for the others and only lists the model numbers and first two letters of the model name???

As previously mentioned when i click over to the store side it shows the 1 product with a price of 0 and when clicked on moves to the product not found page???

Any Ideas???

Many Thanks

D4

Wow. Let me start here and try to work backwards :blink:

What version of PHP is your server running on?

If you're not sure, go to admin > tools > server info ...php version # will be at the top.

I suspect it's PHP5.

IF THAT IS THE CASE,

In your easypopulate.php file

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace with this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

If it's NOT php5, don't change anything at this point.

That should fix your 1st problem.

Hi,

When uploading my .txt file into easypopulate either via ftp or inserting into db via ep i get the same problem.

It seems to upload the first product in the list (allthough the price is 0 and when i click on it it says no products found and just lists the others.

here's the info from EP:

It doesn't seem to state new product for the others and only lists the model numbers and first two letters of the model name???

As previously mentioned when i click over to the store side it shows the 1 product with a price of 0 and when clicked on moves to the product not found page???

Any Ideas???

Many Thanks

D4

Edited by choosealogin

ok

it's php 5.0.4

and that has sorted the full listings of products and categories now being displayed.

Still all with a 0 price and all click through to the product not found page.

Thanks

D4

Sam,

D4 gave some sound advice, I'll add a little

1. make sure you put your easypopulate_functions.php file in the correct directory. I think for 2.79 that would be admin/includes/functions/

2. make sure you uploaded the admin/includes/languages/english/easypopulate.php file. It looks like the language is not defined. I think 2.79 requires a language file.

Mark,

FILE_UPLOAD_EP

SIZE_EP

Sam

1. if it's working, don't worry about it :) . I didn't change that either.

2. I'm confused. If you emptied the upload file, nothing will change. One thing I will do to test EP is download the full file, open it in excel, select all of the rows EXCEPT for a couple of them, right click, delete. That leaves just a couple of products on your EP file. Then upload the file with those 2 or 3 products in it to make sure you can go through the process with no problems. That way if something is messed up, it will only mess up a couple of items. I hope that makes sense. I don't think I understood your question.

3. If you have 60 attributes, it will be a long file (horizontally). There's not much you can do about that. In excel, you can right click and select "hide" to temporarily hide some columns to make it easier to view.

Plz don't laugh if i have a foolish question !! :)

Can I add new product, new attribute v.v in the txt file or only edit ?!

-----------------

I was crazy with 2.90 , any things in manual , forum did not work ! So, very thank to choosealogin for the advice 2.76. :D

But, i have some things can't do with it !!

6. Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set [b]DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT  DO THIS[/b]!!  IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS.  IF YOU DO NOT FLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

I can't find the "DOCUMENT_ROOT" in the configure.php so i can't change it !! But EP still work, not crash !

2. I can only download .txt , but when upload that file , no thing change !!! I test myseft by download complete .txt , del all products , upload that file but there nothing in may categories !! There are no error warning !!

3. The file .txt structure !! My shop is about paint product. I have ~ 100 products ! Each product, there is some attributes but the important attribute is color (you see, they are paint products). Each product's color attribute has ~ 60 color codes !!! 60 color codes of one product is not same of another product !!

So, if the structure is in horizon, it's too hard to edit or add some color code for some products !!!

So , can it be in horizon for product anh vertical for attribute of each product ?!

Ok...

can you tell me what columns this data corresponds to, including the empty ones

| 26124 | | FLAG CAR S | St. George | | 0.99 | | | 21/05/2006 | 10 |

I left the long string of empty ones off, I assume those are attribute fields. but fill me in on these....

26124 model number

empty one

FLAG CAR S

St. George

empty one

.99 price?

empty

empty

21/05/2006 date

10 quantity

ok

it's php 5.0.4

and that has sorted the full listings of products and categories now being displayed.

Still all with a 0 price and all click through to the product not found page.

Thanks

D4

26124 - model - used

empty - image - not used (yet)

FLAG CAR S - name - used

St. George - description - used

empty - product url - not used

0.99 - price - used

empty - weight - not used

19/05/06 - date avail - used

19/05/06 - date added - used

10 - quantity - used (don't know if need to)

options/attributes for a while - not used

World Cup - category 1 - used

category 2 - not used

category 3 - not used

tax class - not used

Active - status - used (Active)

EOREOR - used EOREOR throughout

Thanks

D4

Edited by d4funky1

I'm not sure how it deals with empty columns, some I know are OK, but others like weight I'm not sure of. I had that zero price problem one time, and I can't remember the solution :blush:

Try putting some data in the weight column.

Or better yet, if you don't currently have any products in your store - add a couple of test products the regular way in admin.

Then download a new EP file.

Then upload the same file you downloaded.

Let me know if that goes on w/o problems

Also, make sure the dates in your upload file are in the same format that your osc database uses. I use yyyy-mm-dd but you may have changed your default, in which case that should be fine. Point is, it needs to match what you're using throughout the database.

26124 - model - used

empty - image - not used (yet)

FLAG CAR S - name - used

St. George - description - used

empty - product url - not used

0.99 - price - used

empty - weight - not used

19/05/06 - date avail - used

19/05/06 - date added - used

10 - quantity - used (don't know if need to)

options/attributes for a while - not used

World Cup - category 1 - used

category 2 - not used

category 3 - not used

tax class - not used

Active - status - used (Active)

EOREOR - used EOREOR throughout

Thanks

D4

Have you had a 'register globals' issue?

please read this page

see if it helps you.

I downloaded the 2.90b version and still can't get it to work. I need the seperate price per customer. I did everything necessary with the sql file, running on Unix with MySql. Could someone please help me out and either successfully add seperate price per customer to a working version or give me an idea how to make it so, with 2.90b, when I try to download the txt file or send it to temp_dir, it doesn't just refresh the page and not do anything?

Any help would be appreciated.

Check your default currency settings.

There is a line in catalog/includes/languages/english.php

// if USE_DEFAULT_LANGUAGE_CURRENCY is true, use the following currency, instead of the applications default currency (used when changing language)

define('LANGUAGE_CURRENCY', 'USD');

Find it and see how it's set. Your's might be set to USD instead of pounds.

The "use default language currency" true/false setting is in admin>configuration>my store

ok new problem.

When i add a product in the normal way it gives it a price of 0 when i've put ?19.99 i've tried as taxable goods and not but still the same response?

HELP?

ok,

i've changed that to GBP in the .php file and now it is showing the price and in pounds.

However, when i click on the product it still takes me to a Product not found! page???

I can feel we are nearly there :o)

Thanks

D4

Do you have the SEF (search engine friendly) urls turned "on"?

Does that happen with all the products or just that one?

ok,

i've changed that to GBP in the .php file and now it is showing the price and in pounds.

However, when i click on the product it still takes me to a Product not found! page???

I can feel we are nearly there :o)

Thanks

D4

Honestly, I don't know. I just knew to check that from experience. I had the same problem.

I ran the other way and installed the 'ultimate SEO urls' contribution. It seems to work well, although my windows server kind of limits the contributions capabilities :angry: It does work, though :) Pretty easy install, too.

ok,

I did have SEFU turned on in the control panel.

I have switched this off and it works fine now.

This would lead me onto...

Can we not use the SEFU yet???

Thanks

D4

1. if it's working, don't worry about it :) . I didn't change that either.

2. I'm confused. If you emptied the upload file, nothing will change. One thing I will do to test EP is download the full file, open it in excel, select all of the rows EXCEPT for a couple of them, right click, delete. That leaves just a couple of products on your EP file. Then upload the file with those 2 or 3 products in it to make sure you can go through the process with no problems. That way if something is messed up, it will only mess up a couple of items. I hope that makes sense. I don't think I understood your question.

3. If you have 60 attributes, it will be a long file (horizontally). There's not much you can do about that. In excel, you can right click and select "hide" to temporarily hide some columns to make it easier to view.

2. at first, i had 5 products . I downloaded the full file txt. And then, i go to my catalog (in the shop), del all products (5 products). I do nothing in that txt file. So, when reupload, i think it will be 5 products in there like at first, but there is nothing !!! That's mean i can't add new product from file ?

3. Each product have 60 color code attributes . Each ptoduct have the color code differently another. That's mean , there will be at least 100 products x 60 = 6000 color code attributes !!! :'( I think the horizon of exel is not enough , and if i make it one by one by osCommerce, i will die before can see all of them !!! :blush:

Paint for VietNamese :

Thanks Mark,

You were right about the labguage file. have made the other changes suggested but still get the same error when trying to upload:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/rihacftp/tmp/phpFlNZsN' to '/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt' in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/rihacftp/tmp/phpFlNZsN

User filename: EP2006May20-1705.txt

Size:

Anything else you guys can come up with?

Sam

Mark and anyone else who can help.

Aside the problem indicated in my last post I FTP'd the temp file to my site and when I Import catalog's file from directory /temp/ : it refreshes and gives no error message. BUT it doesn't update the data!!!!!!

Another issue is if I press the : Creation file .txt file with TAB delimited ( Model / Price / Quantity ) I get the following error message:

Warning: fopen(/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May21-1111.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 540

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 541

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/easypopulate.php on line 542

You can get your file in the Tools/Files under /temp/EPEP2006May21-1111.txt

HMMMMMMMmmmmmm very frustrating.......

I was thinking of changing to your recommended version Mark, but I really need the SPPC add on as it is the core of our business......

Double check that your temp directory is correctly set in the EP configuration.

Double check the permissions on the temp file.... it needs to be 777.

If that doesn't work, search this thread for $document root - and experiment with that. - you can use the box in the lower left corner for that. It's working now :)

Sorry for the short answer, I'm a little low on time now :blink:

It sounds like ep can't find your file, so it's something with the paths or the permission.

Thanks Mark,

You were right about the labguage file. have made the other changes suggested but still get the same error when trying to upload:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/rihacftp/tmp/phpFlNZsN' to '/home/rihacftp/www/temp/EP2006May20-1705.txt' in /home/rihacftp/www/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/rihacftp/tmp/phpFlNZsN

User filename: EP2006May20-1705.txt

Size:

Anything else you guys can come up with?

Sam

Edited by choosealogin