• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

try

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

Hi,

So I think that it HAS to be a problem with my configure file because I have tried every possible path for my directory in $tempdir of my easypopulate.php and keep getting the same invalid path no such directory and that I have an invalid argument for ('usrfl') so here is my file admin/includes/configure.php

Someone please tell me if I screwed something up here. I am really at odds end cause I've tried everything I've found in the previous pages of this thread and nothing works. I know it has to be my path somehow. Please help..

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://boydlands.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://boydlands.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://boydlands.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/com/boydlands/html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/com/boydlands/html/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

I installed it and followed the instructions in the manual (except the ones that indicated lines that have apparently since been taken out of easypopulate.php). I'm using the last one before 3.0 since it said not to use that one. Basically, when I go to the easypopulate.php page it loads fine. If I try to download the txt file or have it put in tempdir, it just refreshes the page and does nothing. Any ideas?

I can't read all 195 pages, my dialup is too slow, so any help would be appreciated.

kenYoung

kenYoung

kenYoung

help me...

i face the problem that prompt "1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_hide_from_groups' in 'field list'"

i had delete all the related sentence in easypopulate.php...and upload in binary mode cannot worked....

even i upload in ascii mode also cannot worked...

what can i do now... it stuck my way to go further...

i have try to edit many type of easypopulate ..i doesn't worked..

ohya... i wanna ask you one more question...

Q: can i restructur the easypopulate .txt file that i download?

i do like this:-

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 EOREOR

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 EOREOR

but still cannot worked...

help me pls...

thank you first... :)

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

Hello everyone !

I have Easy Populate 2.8 installed and it works like a champ ! I am now in the need to add a few new fields (the ones that the contrib Multiple Vendor System uses for vendor_id etc..)

Are there a set of instructions to add new fields to the original layout ?

Thank you very much, Excellent contrib.

Hi, please see Post #3843 or visit the posts in Page 193 (we are at Page 196 right now).

Also, if you need to "restructure" the layout of .txt file, you need to do it in easypopulate.php. I am not sure how familiar you are with EP - This will take some understanding on how EP works before you can do that.

Hope it helps.

kenYoung

kenYoung

kenYoung

help me...

i face the problem that prompt "1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_hide_from_groups' in 'field list'"

i had delete all the related sentence in easypopulate.php...and upload in binary mode cannot worked....

even i upload in ascii mode also cannot worked...

what can i do now... it stuck my way to go further...

i have try to edit many type of easypopulate ..i doesn't worked..

ohya... i wanna ask you one more question...

Q: can i restructur the easypopulate .txt file that i download?

i do like this:-

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1 1 1 1 1 1 1

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 EOREOR

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 EOREOR

but still cannot worked...

help me pls...

thank you first... :)

HI, i have EP 2.8 installed and is working well except for when i download the complete tab delimited file. it is missing the fields i need for SPPC.

i have the SPCC enabled in admin

what do i need to do so the fields are included wheni download a complete file?

if that is too much work, then what fields do i need to add manualy so it inputs separate prices for each group. i have looked at the documentation but the fields noted in there don't seem to work

any suggestions??

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,hot+url

Hotlink & URL Product Images

This contribution is to assist in stores where Item Images are loaded from a URL or Source outside of the catalog or cart.

We have a store with over 2500 products and find it very time consuming and tedious to add images to every product and were looking for a solution to this problem.

Our images are based on separate servers from our stores and it was not possible to add images to products from a URL base.

This contribution is not to be used to use URL based images from the admin panel when inserting new products, but for use via Easy Populate.

Has anyone got this to work - or does anyone know of a way for me to be able to get my images from anywhere on my server not just catalog/images/ ?

I'm using 2.76EP w/MP

Hi

Our shop is all setup and now we are trying to use Easypopulate to fill out all the products.

The problem is it only adds or updates the first product in the list, even if we download the file from EP and try to upload it straight away it only Updates the first line item then just lists the rest.

What is going wrong?

Thanks

R Walker

You could add the fields, but there's no quick easy fix.

I think version 2.74 supports SPPC. That version works, too.

I don't know if there are specific instructions somewhere to add fields. If you'd rather stick with 2.8 since it already works, I would back it up and then try to make the edits. Personally, I just followed the examples in easypopulate.php to get the fields the way I needed them. You have to read through the whole file carefully. It helped me.

HI, i have EP 2.8 installed and is working well except for when i download the complete tab delimited file. it is missing the fields i need for SPPC.

i have the SPCC enabled in admin

what do i need to do so the fields are included wheni download a complete file?

if that is too much work, then what fields do i need to add manualy so it inputs separate prices for each group. i have looked at the documentation but the fields noted in there don't seem to work

any suggestions??

I'm not an expert, but this EP board is a little lonely sometimes :( . I can try to help :) .

Do you have a unique product_model assigned to each item?

If you do, how long are your product model numbers?

Do you have EOREOR at the end of each row?

Hi

Our shop is all setup and now we are trying to use Easypopulate to fill out all the products.

The problem is it only adds or updates the first product in the list, even if we download the file from EP and try to upload it straight away it only Updates the first line item then just lists the rest.

What is going wrong?

Thanks

R Walker

most likely you are using php 5, look for the fix in the thread

Hi

What is going wrong?

Thanks

R Walker

I tried a few fixes for my "clicking the download txt file link just refreshes the page" problem, totally messed it up, took out Easy Populate, put it back in, and still get the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it? I can't download the txt file or send it to tempdir. No error messages, it just refreshes the page. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I briefly had the same problem - but I found if I followed EXACTLY what the instructions said it worked okay. Sorry, can't remember off the top of my head what the answer was exactly but it's easy to fix. Check back a few pages in this thread and I think there might be an answer there too.

Edited by mpm

I've been adding products on a daily basis on my website and now I am getting error 500 messages when I export files. I have exported in the past without any hitches. Anyone have any clues on what might be causing this? I really have to export my products list.

Easy Populate 2.76

Old server:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.11.9-050512a Database: MySQL 3.23.58

Server Date: 05/05/2006 15:40:14 Datebase Date: 05/05/2006 18:40:14

HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.53 (Fedora)

PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

New server:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.16-rc6-060413b Database: MySQL 4.1.16

Server Date: 05/05/2006 08:39:36 Datebase Date: 05/05/2006 08:39:36

Server Up Time: 08:39:36 up 14:28, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.03, 0.00

HTTP Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora)

PHP Version: 5.0.4 (Zend: 2.0.4-dev)

Easypopulate uploads the file fine to the old server.

Easypopulate only uploads the FIRST line to the new server.

Additional Information: The same file, when uploaded to the old and new servers using exactly the same easypopulate.php FAILS to upload to the new server and uploads with no problem to the old server. Both PHP and MySQL were updated on the new server. There have been no other issues on the new server with the stores operation (at least none noticed to date).

My gut is telling me that this is a simple fix, and that it has something to do with the "walk" function. I also believe that somewhere in this topic there may even be a reply/post that covers the fix, but after using every "search" I could think of (+easypopulate +"mysql 4.1", etc.) I'm at a loss, so if anyone can provide a pointer to te fix that most likely has been published somewhere where the forum search can reach, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have just spent the last hr or so looking through hundreds of posts and can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. I am using easy populate and have images normal size and thumbnails. I want to use both with easy populate but can't seem to find what heading to use for the thumbnails. I have tried everything I can think of short of getting a contribution to create them. That is exactly what I don't want to do because I already have my own thumbnails for product images. HOw do I use the thumbnails and have easy populate use them and the reg size images too. I have the heading named v_products_image.

I have just spent the last hr or so looking through hundreds of posts and can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere. I am using easy populate and have images normal size and thumbnails. I want to use both with easy populate but can't seem to find what heading to use for the thumbnails. I have tried everything I can think of short of getting a contribution to create them. That is exactly what I don't want to do because I already have my own thumbnails for product images. HOw do I use the thumbnails and have easy populate use them and the reg size images too. I have the heading named v_products_image.

question for you: why don't you leave OSCom do the job with an "on-the-fly" thumbnail generator (like image magic). Of course my question is not relevant if your thumbnails must display a different image (by different, I mean what we see in the frame, not the same image resized)

otherwise, having OScom managing a separate set of thumbnails for every product sounds like a nightmare - and doesn't make sense to me: I just left another database-driven system for oscom for this specific reason.

Hi all..

I haven't installed EP yet.. just wanted to ask a quick question before I do.

Can anyone show me an example of what the csv file looks like? I have a csv stock feed from my supplier so just want to use EP to update stock. They don't actually give me a stock level, just instock or outstock but can always convert this to a quantity i.e. '0' for out of stock or '50' for in stock.

Will I be able to delete the product descriptions fields? Has anyone used EP just to update stock?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

question for you: why don't you leave OSCom do the job with an "on-the-fly" thumbnail generator (like image magic). Of course my question is not relevant if your thumbnails must display a different image (by different, I mean what we see in the frame, not the same image resized)

otherwise, having OScom managing a separate set of thumbnails for every product sounds like a nightmare - and doesn't make sense to me: I just left another database-driven system for oscom for this specific reason.

Well I do have some thumbnails that are different images but I thought I'd get away from doing the changes to coding by using the thumbnails that I already have. Do you recommend image magic? Easy to change the coding?