• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

So has anyone ever updated just the model numbers before. Our POS system for our retail store crashed and all of the item numbers got messed up. I'm just looking to update the model number in osC. Is there a way to do it? After thinking about this for a while it doesn't seem like it's possible.

I've got a problem which I think is pritty comon as I've found a few thread about it but none that explain the solution to well.

I cant update the manufacturers URL through admin. I think it has something to do with how easy populate enters info into the database.

How can I manualy enter the manufacturers URL's through phpmyadmin or somehow sort it so I can enter them through admin.

I was sorting out some internal manufacturer info pages and this took me totally by supprise. I would love to get this sorted today so I can tick it off the list.

I sorted the above.

The problem was that easy populate doesnt create any entery in the manufacturer_info table in the database. With no manufacturer ID in there you cant link a URL to the manufacturer.

I couldnt work out how to fix it with phpmyadmin as I know diddly about mysql. But I managed to fix it using the database managment contribution.

The problem was that easy populate doesnt create any entery in the manufacturer_info table in the database. With no manufacturer ID in there you cant link a URL to the manufacturer.

EP only fills in the regular fields on the product input page in admin. The manufacturer url isn't there either.

How can I manualy enter the manufacturers URL's through phpmyadmin or somehow sort it so I can enter them through admin.

When you go to the admin panel --> catalog --> manufacturers ...you can fill the url in there.

EP only fills in the regular fields on the product input page in admin. The manufacturer url isn't there either.

When you go to the admin panel --> catalog --> manufacturers ...you can fill the url in there.

As EP hadnt added anything to the manufacturer_info table in the database you cant add a URL through admin as the URL field isnt linked to manufacturer id. To fix it you have to manually edit the database using phpmyadmin or the database managment contribution.

Further explanation in last post on previous page.

Hello,

I am trying to install EP version 2.76. I don't see any .sql files in the download. I also don't see anything in the instructions about downloading one, however, there was another .sql file in earlier versions and later versions. (I've tried a few and was unsuccessful so I'm hoping to have better luck with this version)

My question is, am I going to need an sql file in order to install this successfuly?

thank you,

selma

Hello,

I am trying to install EP version 2.76. I don't see any .sql files in the download. I also don't see anything in the instructions about downloading one, however, there was another .sql file in earlier versions and later versions. (I've tried a few and was unsuccessful so I'm hoping to have better luck with this version)

My question is, am I going to need an sql file in order to install this successfuly?

thank you,

selma

Even though I didn't get a reply to my post, I found out on my own that there is no sql file needed for this version. So far so good.

This is a note to anyone trying to install the EP contribution, well, this version at least. You MUST read the ENTIRE EasyPopulate.php file. There are really some things you can miss if you don't. I used the text editor in Dreamweaver 8 because it put codes and comments in different colors so it was easier for me to read.

Also, be sure to read every documentation that comes with the download file.

Good luck to all,

Lets try to make the best of the upcoming Mother's Day shopping season and 4th of july. Also, don't neglect your early christmas shoppers who like to start buying christmas gifts in july.. . I will be posting an emarketing forum on here for fellow members so we can share marketing tips....

Best to all...good night!

Hello

Can someone please please help! I am using EP 2.76 with both the easypopulate.php and when I enable the easypopulate_functions.php I seem to realise that the function tep_get_uploaded_file ('$usrfl') is what is giving problems because from what I am seeing after searching the entire file the 'usrfl' is not defined anywhere, not even in the /admin/includes/configure.php file.

Any help with this?

I had a similar error when I had these lines commented out (in easypopulate.php)

// If you are running a pre-Nov1-2002 snapshot of OSC, then we need this include line to avoid
// errors like:
//   undefined function tep_get_uploaded_file
if (!function_exists(tep_get_uploaded_file)){
include ('easypopulate_functions.php');
}

I had assumed that I didn't need the function, but when I uncommented those lines it fixed it.

You have easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions.php both in the admin folder? One version I tried had the functions file in the admin/includes/functions, but I think 2.76 puts it just in admin.

Hello

Can someone please please help! I am using EP 2.76 with both the easypopulate.php and when I enable the easypopulate_functions.php I seem to realise that the function tep_get_uploaded_file ('$usrfl') is what is giving problems because from what I am seeing after searching the entire file the 'usrfl' is not defined anywhere, not even in the /admin/includes/configure.php file.

Any help with this?

I had a similar error when I had these lines commented out (in easypopulate.php)

// If you are running a pre-Nov1-2002 snapshot of OSC, then we need this include line to avoid
// errors like:
//   undefined function tep_get_uploaded_file
if (!function_exists(tep_get_uploaded_file)){
include ('easypopulate_functions.php');
}

I had assumed that I didn't need the function, but when I uncommented those lines it fixed it.

You have easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions.php both in the admin folder? One version I tried had the functions file in the admin/includes/functions, but I think 2.76 puts it just in admin.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response. I have tried what you said to put easypopulate_functions.php in the functions folder and I still get the same error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_uploaded_file() in /home/u5/selmaboyd1/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 692

What version of EP are you using? Maybe I can have better luck with that one.

Also, I have this software called "Compare and Merge" which higlights differences in documents for you and my EP file doesn't look any different from anyone elses who said they have a working EP file, so perhaps there is a file that I am missing that goes along. Any input?

thank you once again, I sometimes don't have much luck with people answering my posts on this forum so I really appreciate this.

Selma

Tried it again, this time I used the EP file that Mibble placed in this thread and I get this error. Perhaps my document path is screwed up. Some help here PLEEEEEEEEAASEEEE some one help me

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/com/boydlands/html/catalog/temp/EP2006May02-0140.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u5/selmaboyd1/html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpvvRZgR' to 'DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/com/boydlands/html/catalog/temp/EP2006May02-0140.txt' in /home/u5/selmaboyd1/html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpvvRZgR

User filename: EP2006May02-0140.txt

Size: 116213

Warning: file(DOCUMENT_ROOT/home/com/boydlands/html/catalog/temp/EP2006May02-0140.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u5/selmaboyd1/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/u5/selmaboyd1/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

Hi,

So I think that it HAS to be a problem with my configure file because I have tried every possible path for my directory in $tempdir of my easypopulate.php and keep getting the same invalid path no such directory and that I have an invalid argument for ('usrfl') so here is my file admin/includes/configure.php

Someone please tell me if I screwed something up here. I am really at odds end cause I've tried everything I've found in the previous pages of this thread and nothing works. I know it has to be my path somehow. Please help..

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://boydlands.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://boydlands.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://boydlands.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/com/boydlands/html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/com/boydlands/html/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

Hi,

So I think that it HAS to be a problem with my configure file because I have tried every possible path for my directory in $tempdir of my easypopulate.php and keep getting the same invalid path no such directory and that I have an invalid argument for ('usrfl') so here is my file admin/includes/configure.php

Someone please tell me if I screwed something up here. I am really at odds end cause I've tried everything I've found in the previous pages of this thread and nothing works. I know it has to be my path somehow. Please help..

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://boydlands.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://boydlands.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://boydlands.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '$DOCUMENT_ROOT'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/com/boydlands/html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/com/boydlands/html/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

One more thing in my Admin=>Tools=>Database Backup this is the path it states:

/home/com/boydlands/html/admin/backups/

I've even tried using this path in $tempdir except I imput '/home/com/boydlands/html/temp/'

I've even tried '/home/com/boydlands/html/catalog/temp/'

And I've even tried '/home/u5/selmaboyd1/html/temp/'

and also '/catalog/temp/'

NONE of these worked and still get the same errors of failed to open stream. Please help me some one....

I'm sorry, my message was confusing. I meant to tell you to make sure easypopulate_functions.php was NOT in the functions folder.

Since you can't find any differences / problems with your EP file, I would just double check the instructions for the version you're using. Compare them to the EP manual. I found some discrepancies between the readme and the manual in some of my attempted EP installs. Then if you switch versions, make sure to compare the instructions in case there's more to "undo" before going forward.

I'm using 2.74, dated 26 July 05. Functionally, it was fine for me from the 1st try. I got rid of all signs of old EP installs, installed 2.74, made sure it worked :o , then added the 6 subimages for Mopics. It still worked (surprise!). I had a problem with it uploading my "date added" as blank. So under the product it would say "this product was added to our catalog on." and that's it. I don't know what the proper fix for that issue is, but my hack worked. You may have different results, so I won't throw in any more confusing instructions here :blink: . But the most important thing for me was that it worked with no errors.

Edited by choosealogin

I'm sorry, my message was confusing. I meant to tell you to make sure easypopulate_functions.php was NOT in the functions folder.

Since you can't find any differences / problems with your EP file, I would just double check the instructions for the version you're using. Compare them to the EP manual. I found some discrepancies between the readme and the manual in some of my attempted EP installs. Then if you switch versions, make sure to compare the instructions in case there's more to "undo" before going forward.

I'm using 2.74, dated 26 July 05. Functionally, it was fine for me from the 1st try. I got rid of all signs of old EP installs, installed 2.74, made sure it worked :o , then added the 6 subimages for Mopics. It still worked (surprise!). I had a problem with it uploading my "date added" as blank. So under the product it would say "this product was added to our catalog on." and that's it. I don't know what the proper fix for that issue is, but my hack worked. You may have different results, so I won't throw in any more confusing instructions here :blink: . But the most important thing for me was that it worked with no errors.

Thanks again Mark. That's (2.74, July 26 2005) is the version I am currently trying to install. This is why I think maybe the problem is that I am not setting up the configure file correctly because trust me I have read all the threads in here and I have read every documentation that has come with this version as well as others. Can you tell from my admin/includes/configure.php file where I went wrong?

Thanks once again you are helpful even with whatever info you do give me

Thanks again Mark. That's (2.74, July 26 2005) is the version I am currently trying to install. This is why I think maybe the problem is that I am not setting up the configure file correctly because trust me I have read all the threads in here and I have read every documentation that has come with this version as well as others. Can you tell from my admin/includes/configure.php file where I went wrong?

Thanks once again you are helpful even with whatever info you do give me

Oh one more thing: the configure file is pasted in my previous post today.

Thanks Again!

I don't know where I missed this...BUT it saved me apparently.

Where you have:

I have:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'C:/Domains/2ndtimeauto.com/wwwroot/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Everything works fine for me, so try replacing the "$DOCUMENT_ROOT'" with something more like what I have (obviously with boydlands.com/yourrootfolder).

I don't know where I missed this...BUT it saved me apparently.

Where you have:

I have:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'C:/Domains/2ndtimeauto.com/wwwroot/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Everything works fine for me, so try replacing the "$DOCUMENT_ROOT'" with something more like what I have (obviously with boydlands.com/yourrootfolder).

Thanks for your help. I just tried /boydlands.com/html/ and got errors

I have to read a php manual and probably just try to rewrite the script to suit me cause I can't figure out the missing loop here.

I am so depressed right now cause it is taking me so far 2 weeks to try to get products into my store.