• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Please search for post above on the ' of, e.g. Microsoft's. It causes the problem mentioned below. You wrote 7.5' w and the ' of 7.5' w is causing the problem.

This is for other users of EasyPopulate:

Whenever you see 'You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near' .... You can find error clues right after the word 'near'.

Hope this helps.

Ok thank you to kenYoung it worked now the problem is getting it see the hieght x width for the product description. ie this is the error now:

Size: 569441

| V-3208 | ambico-v32 | MEDIUM CAM | Protect | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | 4/20/2006 | 4/21/2006 | 76 | | AMBICO? | Accessorie | Other Acce | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

# 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'w x 6.25' h x 4' d. Dual zipper, easy access opening

UPDATE products_description SET products_name='MEDIUM CAMCORDER BAG', products_description='

* Protect your camcorder investment with the Ambico camcorder bag, featuring lots of pockets, easy access to all your gear, and rugged contstruction.

* Features:

o Dual zipper easy access opening.

o Front zippered pocket, two side pockets Interior mesh zippered pocket Interior ID tag.

o Gusseted back pocket.

o Adjustable padded dividers.

o Detachable, adjustable shoulder strap.

o Dimensions: 7.5' w x 6.25' h x 4' d.

o Dual zipper, easy access opening

o Front zipper pockets, 2 side pockets

o Interior zippered mesh pockets

o Interior ID tag, gusseted back pocket

o Adjustable divider

o Detachable, adjustable shoulder strap

o Inside: 7 1/2'W x 6 1/2'H x 4'D

', products_url='' WHERE products_id = '1508' AND language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know what to look for. I would look my self but it is probly faster to ask someone being that the easypop.php file is really big.

Thank you for the help

Ok, if the tables do not exist... There you go.

If only that helped... and if only I knew what I'm doing ;) .

I made a table. Put the fields in. Gave them all stats that seemed ok (never really sure which are the right ones). And it still gives the exact same error.

I think I'm going to give up :rolleyes: .

Thank you for the help!

May I suggest 2 things:

1. You can search the tables that give you an error in the file. Say

"Table 'natlek_prod.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

SELECT customers_group_price, customers_group_id FROM TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS WHERE products_id = 1 ORDER BY customers_group_id"

Then search for SELECT customers_group_price, customers_group_id FROM TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS in easypopulate.php and comment out (or delete) those queries so that Easy Populate is not looking for those tables.

OR

2. You may want to try using prior contributions of Easy Populate.

At least for me, EasyPopulate is a more difficult contribution to figure out. I don't know how far you are into OSC, but you may want to come back later to install this and try it again.

If only that helped... and if only I knew what I'm doing ;) .

I made a table. Put the fields in. Gave them all stats that seemed ok (never really sure which are the right ones). And it still gives the exact same error.

I think I'm going to give up :rolleyes: .

Thank you for the help!

Or as suggested by others in this thread, try Excel Import:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ch,excel+import

If you search this thread around March/April 2006, you will see someone suggested using Excel Import as well. I tried Excel Import as well but I prefer Easy Populate because of its "customizable" nature. But Excel Import will be a great one for a plain-vanilla store.

You may :P .

I think I'll keep an eye on this thread. And see if the answer there then. I don't really need Easy Populate yet. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Hello:

On easy populate when I upload changes I get an error due to the apostrophe on some words.

I know that I have to escape out quotes \' like this or eliminate them all together.

But I also know that there is a delimiter option on the easypopulate page. I tried adding in my case the following:

???

But it still affects the upload and does not pass to the next product:

Is there any other way of me avoiding this problem instead of having to manually make the changes on each product that may have quotes?????

Can I make easypopulate recognize the quotes and not be affected???

Please reply

But I also know that there is a delimiter option on the easypopulate page. I tried adding in my case the following:

???

But it still affects the upload and does not pass to the next product:

Adding the quote as a delimiter is not a real good idea, since this is not what you want to do :-)

Escaping and delimiting are 2 very different concepts: escaping allows the system to recognize special characters as being part of your data (and not part of the code), and delimiting is the action of separating your data fields with a defined, constant, character. Mixing the 2 concepts will confuse the system, and confuse you a little more :-)

escape your data IN THE FILE (in excel) don't try to teach easypopulate to escape your data.

Just do a find replace in Excel for all single and double quotes by adding an anti slash before them, period.

Edited by pixclinic

escape your data IN THE FILE (in excel) don't try to teach easypopulate to escape your data.

Just do a find replace in Excel for all single and double quotes by adding an anti slash before them, period.

For the record, I have had quite a time trying to figure out how to work code in to the product descriptions and upload with EP. It's trial and error.

I have found that it's no problem if you keep your code simple. When I have tried to add stuff like Javascript to the descriptions it just doesn't seem to work.

Ok everything works finially except if I go to the admin panel and manually change something any thing the Product name dissapers and I still cant figure out the (') part for the height and width. I am using a tab delimited file.

For the msrp contrib Can I just add something like v_products_msrp or whatever the db table is which Ill look up where the two instances are for the others.

Thanks for any help

Edited by matrix2223

Hello:

I am now able to download change and upload the complete file and that does me fine.

My complete file includes all my categories but does not include specials and the "Top" category.

Can anyone tell me the changes that I have to make to the easypopulate file in order for the complete file to include the TOP category and the Specials category?

Your help with be very much appreciated

Thanks Rui

can i delete products using the csv file which i import to the easy populate? i mean is there a command i can enter a product model number and the use the comman to delete the corrensponding product?...

look value for "v_status" field to Delete product" setting - it's just for this purpose!

Type Delete in "v_status" field of your csv file and product will be deleted!

i just checked the code of latest versions and want to say:

all "Easy populate 3.0..." is very very BAD versions , contains many mistakes and broke or delete many useful features!

Examples:

1. Auto detection of length products_model field - removed

2. functions to delete product, if we set v_status as Delete - removed

3. "Easypopulate Attributes Optimization" - broken!

4. Multilanguall suport - removed!

5. parts of code for support different contributions does not more have options to be turned OFF, and some of them by default turned ON, so if you does not have these contributions - EP will not work!

6. Ep configuration moved back in code of easy_populate.php, now we can not change it easy in configuration section of admin!

7. And the most interesting: in versions with number 3 there are no new functions in comparison with version 2.80!

Next week I am going to publish the new version, making a start from the version 2.79b plus some improvements, also I shall try to include new functions from penultimate versions! If you have offers - write them here! Also the help with updating the documentation is necessary to me!

Hey thats it cool, I think EP should come with the ability to turn on and off contribs such as meta tags controller, header tags controller, msrp prices, more images, and others. Frankly for someone like myself just learning EP and how to modify if it moreless a pain in the rear end. Also the configuration.txt should include how to add/ turn off contribs that you dont have. To me the install and config file doesnt explain very much. I dont expect things on a silver plater but if it had a how to part I could easily figure it out.

I will await for your update

I'm using EP 3.0. I also have mopics installed. Everything's working, with one small glitch.

Trying to use EP mainly for adding products. I don't have a need to bulk edit much of anything yet.

So I take the 'empty' excel file, with just the EP header row on it...fill it in with a few test products...upload goes OK....here's where the problem is. The new products added with EP have "red x" pictures except for the one main picture I specified for each item in the test upload. Looking at the newly added product files in admin, I see that all of the subimage urls are (erroneously) "v_products_subimage1", "v_products_subimage2". Obviously, it's filling in blank "subimage" cells with the header cell title. But why?

The strange thing is, if I go and reupload the same file again, the cells are picked up correctly by EP and of course then my red x's go away, showing just one picture for these test items.

Any idea why it's doing this. If I just have to keep uploading twice, I guess I will :blink: but I'd like to work out this one bug if possible.

Next week I am going to publish the new version, making a start from the version 2.79b plus some improvements, also I shall try to include new functions from penultimate versions! If you have offers - write them here! Also the help with updating the documentation is necessary to me!

Just a suggestion. EP is great for exporting item info. but how about customer/order info. It'd be great if it could export a file with all customer info. and order info. Just a thought. I don't think there's anything out there that does this unless I've missed it. Just a thought.

Matt

You have to escape out your quotes \' like that.

I'm still running into the same error. I did a find/replace all in excel to the file and that line in particular now looks like this:

5 pc. Shepherd\'s Crook toolset 28" H

Am I missing something?

If I aint mistakin there is a part in easypop.php configuration to turn on ' " replacement set this to true and this should do the trick without having to put\' on every ' Just a thought.

Thanx matrix. You were correct. Any thoughts on this one:

309427 Brass Handle Assembly.jpg... ERROR! - Too many characters in the model number.
12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.
Your maximum product_model length is set to 25
You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

This product is a repeat of an earlier one and this time it does not have a model number in this instance. The other thing is that the 309427 is not even listed in the tab delimited file. Any thoughts. ?

It appears that if the model number is left empty it looks at the image name as the model number. And it just so happens that some of our image names are rather long. Is this something where I should just put a 0 in the model number so that the file is read correctly or is there another course of action?

Help Please:

I have 3 languages on my site: English, Brasilian and Spanish.

I am using easypopulate just fine but I have a small problem that I can not find the answer.

The text for the 3 languages are in the right place, but only the spanish and the english show up.

When I am in the website am I am in English and Spanish the products are there but when I switch to Brasilian the products are no longer there.

This only happens with the products that are uploaded using easypopulate.

Products that are uploaded using admin they are just fine.

This has to do with a configuration in easypopulate.

I tried to find it but I can not. Please someone advice.

Thank you.

Hello All,

I feel embarrassed to ask this question, but I searched this thread and couldn't exactly figure out the answer to my question. I hope it doesn't get ignored. Here goes,

What exactly does it mean to uncomment something? I have read every documentation that comes with the EP 3.0 and all other contribs before it, and I am stuck on the very first instruction which is to uncomment certain lines. Problem is, I'm stuck because I don't know what it means to uncomment. Does this mean take out the apostrophe marks?

Sorry for such an ignorant question. I believe other than that, I understand everything else.

I'd appreciate anyone taking their time to answer such a naive question.

Best regards,

Selma :blush:

when the code is commented it looks like this

#this is the code

and is inactive because it's a comment

if you remove the pound sign (you UNCOMMENT it) , the browser reads it as code, and makes it work... as code :-)

it's a widely used technique to activate/deactivate lines of code, even if the first purpose of it was to put.. comment in the code

Edited by pixclinic

when the code is commented it looks like this

#this is the code

and is inactive because it's a comment

if you remove the pound sign (you UNCOMMENT it) , the browser reads it as code, and makes it work... as code :-)

it's a widely used technique to activate/deactivate lines of code, even if the first purpose of it was to put.. comment in the code

THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Once again, you are a Godsend. I think we should put that into the pdf file and supporting documents of EasyPopulate for morons like me who don't have a clue. I appreciate this so much, I really felt like an idiot all day trying to figure that one out.

Best regards,

Selma :rolleyes: