• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I searched the thread, and didn't find what I was looking for, so...

I have some products that use the same model number. This is the part number from the manufacturer, so I don't want to change it for my own use, as well as for customers who are looking for the p/n. However, if I have more than one product in EP that uses the same model number, only one of the products shows up in my catalog. How can I change it so that all of the products with the same model number display?

I searched the thread, and didn't find what I was looking for, so...

I have some products that use the same model number. This is the part number from the manufacturer, so I don't want to change it for my own use, as well as for customers who are looking for the p/n. However, if I have more than one product in EP that uses the same model number, only one of the products shows up in my catalog. How can I change it so that all of the products with the same model number display?

The easiest way I can think would be to use a suffix after the part/model number...

ie: if 3 parts all use PRT1001

Then use

PRT1001-1

PRT1001-2

PRT1001-3

That way, people searching for PRT1001 should find all 3 (someone please correct me if the 'Quick Search' doesn't search for part words by default)

Alternatively, if they are variations on the same type of part, then use the attributes feature to differentiate.

Thanks... I considered this, but wanted to see if anyone knew of another way. I'm a big fan of just copying and pasting from my master product listings to the EP excel spreadsheet.

I have the "search box anywhere" implemented, so I *think* that utilizes the advanced search. I could be wrong on this though.

The products are aftermarket car parts, so I can't use the attributes for it. It's not a matter of size or color, but a matter of different models of cars. It's easier on the customer, and more attractive, for me to include as few car models in the product name as possible, but a lot of parts are the same part for different car models, thus utilizing the same part number.

Thanks again! :)

Edited by CivicRacingGirl7

Hello,

I'm having problems with a database...

It has near 30,000 products and today I started experiencing some problems.

I have plenty of space in the server so that's not the problem...

I am unable to download a complete tab-delimited.txt file.

Also the products I uploaded aren't in the right categories... why is this so?

Do I have to make any changes to the congif file?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by Flip

Hello,

I'm having problems with a database...

It has near 30,000 products and today I started experiencing some problems.

I have plenty of space in the server so that's not the problem...

I am unable to download a complete tab-delimited.txt file.

Also the products I uploaded aren't in the right categories... why is this so?

Do I have to make any changes to the congif file?

Any ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks!

I have worked out that the products not showing in the right categories were first uploaded with no specified category, so it's normal if they are not shown properly.

After that the products were uploaded again this time in the right category, so they should have been updated but instead of updating the products, they still show in the root.

Any ideas why this is happening? Isn't it the model number what easypopulate uses to update a specific product?

I still can't download the complete .txt file so all comments are welcome!

Thanks!

I have worked out that the products not showing in the right categories were first uploaded with no specified category, so it's normal if they are not shown properly.

After that the products were uploaded again this time in the right category, so they should have been updated but instead of updating the products, they still show in the root.

Any ideas why this is happening? Isn't it the model number what easypopulate uses to update a specific product?

I still can't download the complete .txt file so all comments are welcome!

Thanks!

Sloooooowly working out.... I found out that increasing the host execution time limit allowed me to download an EPfile.txt of about 9.5Mb

Now the main problem is that there seems to be lots of duplicated products...

all of them exactly with the same (v_products_model)

So my questions are:

Isn't Easypopulate supposed to update instead of duplicate those products?

What is that can be wrong?

Is there a problem if some of the (v_products_model) are numerical and others are alphanumerical?

And most important... Is there any way to fix this mess now?

Please I need some answers...

Edited by Flip

turn on "Prevent EP from duplicate products in different subcategories?" and reupload your file.

Where's that option????

First of all one more thing...

I'm running EP_v2_74_MS2... I guess probably that's not an option in that version...

So the next question is... Can I upload to a newer version of EP without losing any data or killing the whole thing? If so... which one should I install: Easy Populate 2.8-MS2, version 2.81b or another one?

Thanks!

Any help here?? This is the 3rd time I have posted this and no one knows how to help with this?

I have a question and it doesn't seem to have been covered here yet. I am using 2 images, thumbnail and reg size. I have not seen anything in the documentation about what the field name is for the thumbnail. I'm sorry if I missed it in this thread.

Also, is this a bug or not. I have a fully working store with the images on my server already. I go to upload the EP file and all the sudden...all the images disappear as if they aren't even there but yet they are still on the server. Unless I upload all 5000 of them again overwriting the others, they won't come up.

Oh ok,

Just checked and there is another database called product_attributes_download.

It has the fields:

products_attributes_id - same as in the other databases eg: 28

products_attributes_filename - the filename of the download eg: ambience.zip

products_attributes_maxdays - max days download is available eg: 2

products_attributes_maxcount - max number of downloads eg: 4

Man,

anyone successfully altered the PHP to add extra fields ?

- simon :blink:

Anyone ever figure this out? I've looked all through the posts and can't find a solution anywhere. Any of you figured out a way to use Easy Populate with digital download products? So that the filename of the product can be uploaded to the database as well? Plus the max days, max downloads, etc?? please help?

Hello all I am having problems uploading a tab delimited excel file into the data base. I have followed all instructions to the "T" and read through most of this thread and found nothing like it so I hope somebody has an answer to this.

When I go to upload my spreadsheet, I split the file as I have 2807 products to add to start the catalog out. So I end up with 10 files. I choose number 1 file and import catalog's file. When I do that it loads the first line just fine and then it just lists the model numbers all the way down without updating anything else. Every single line ends with EOREOR

The error that I get really isn't even an error it says its working fine but I only update one product.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpvBhX7F

User filename: complete1tab.txt

Size: 740555

| G 1637AP | blank-imag | G 1637AP | G1637 MTR | | | | | | | | 49.5 | 0 | | 4/5/2006 1 | 0 | 1 | Color | Farbe | Color | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 1 | | | | | 2 | | | | | Mt. Rushmo | GOLD | TOE RINGS | COLORED ST | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| G 1637AU | G 1637DE | G 1637FE | G 1637JA | G 1637JL | G 1637JU | G 1637MA | G 1637MR |

I am using the original dl tab delimited file to edit and update with my data, I have tried and it works if I do it line by line meaning take original .txt and add one line of product and upload that and that works but if I add one line to that file it still only updates the first line. I can sequentialy upload a new txt file with a new 1 line of product and the db gets updated and adds new categories and everything works but it just will not go past one line of the .txt file

HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Sorry I was not clear.

You had previously posted in the Easy Populate contributions forum. You had stated that you have a website with 30000 items. I assumed those are digital download items (songs, pictures, etc) that people can purchase. Is that correct?

If that is correct, how do you use easy populate to also upload the filenames of those digital items (ie., cars.jpg or manicmonday.mpg)? I can't figure out how to populate those filename fields.

Thanks, Charlie

Hello Charlie,

The items are just the records of the database I have... with their model n?, product name, description, categories, image and some other extra fields...

I upload the items through easypopulate and the (v_products_image) is just one of the fields uploaded.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Hello all I am having problems uploading a tab delimited excel file into the data base. I have followed all instructions to the "T" and read through most of this thread and found nothing like it so I hope somebody has an answer to this.

When I go to upload my spreadsheet, I split the file as I have 2807 products to add to start the catalog out. So I end up with 10 files. I choose number 1 file and import catalog's file. When I do that it loads the first line just fine and then it just lists the model numbers all the way down without updating anything else. Every single line ends with EOREOR

The error that I get really isn't even an error it says its working fine but I only update one product.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpvBhX7F

User filename: complete1tab.txt

Size: 740555

| G 1637AP | blank-imag | G 1637AP | G1637 MTR | | | | | | | | 49.5 | 0 | | 4/5/2006 1 | 0 | 1 | Color | Farbe | Color | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 1 | | | | | 2 | | | | | Mt. Rushmo | GOLD | TOE RINGS | COLORED ST | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| G 1637AU | G 1637DE | G 1637FE | G 1637JA | G 1637JL | G 1637JU | G 1637MA | G 1637MR |

I am using the original dl tab delimited file to edit and update with my data, I have tried and it works if I do it line by line meaning take original .txt and add one line of product and upload that and that works but if I add one line to that file it still only updates the first line. I can sequentialy upload a new txt file with a new 1 line of product and the db gets updated and adds new categories and everything works but it just will not go past one line of the .txt file

HEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Try to check that your model numbers aren't too long... I think default is 12

Also avoid using " or ' and any other characters, replacing them with " or '.... instead

Try to check that your model numbers aren't too long... I think default is 12

Also avoid using " or ' and any other characters, replacing them with " or '.... instead

I have done that and still it will not get on to the second line, as you can see in my previous post it just starts listing the model numbers. Non of our model numbers are longer than 8 digits including spaces. There are no uses of odd carachters like " or ' or & etc...

Is it posible that it doesn't like the blank_image.gif for the second time and so on?

This is also easypop. 2.79b I should add!

Thanks,

Zach

Is it posible that it doesn't like the blank_image.gif for the second time and so on?

No.

:)

I have hundreds of products with the same image.

Can you post the first 3 lines of you *.txt file. Maybe we can see something your missing. BTW - I notice your filename is not appended with EPA - which version of EP are you using for upload (basic?)?

Hi Everyone!

I successfully installed this great mod and teaked it to make it work with ultimate SEOs metatag controlers.

However, my categories are not passed (the column is not created in the .txt file)? anyone had this isssue?

My "categories" table also have extra fileds (metatags). Could that be the problem?

Thanks!

I am trying to "Import from Temp Dir (temp/)" and my filename is products.txt. I get this error:

Filename: products.txt

Warning: file(/home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/temp/products.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/btp/easypopulate.php on line 685

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/btp/easypopulate.php on line 690

line 685 is:

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $localfile);

line 690 is:

foreach ($readed as $read){

Any ideas? Please help! Thanks!

No.

:)

I have hundreds of products with the same image.

Can you post the first 3 lines of you *.txt file. Maybe we can see something your missing. BTW - I notice your filename is not appended with EPA - which version of EP are you using for upload (basic?)?

Here you go:

v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_name_2	v_products_description_2	v_products_url_2	v_products_name_3	v_products_description_3	v_products_url_3	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_attribute_options_id_1	v_attribute_options_name_1_1	v_attribute_options_name_1_2	v_attribute_options_name_1_3	v_attribute_options_id_2	v_attribute_options_name_2_1	v_attribute_options_name_2_2	v_attribute_options_name_2_3	v_attribute_values_id_2_1	v_attribute_values_price_2_1	v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1	v_attribute_values_name_2_1_2	v_attribute_values_name_2_1_3	v_attribute_values_id_2_2	v_attribute_values_price_2_2	v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1	v_attribute_values_name_2_2_2	v_attribute_values_name_2_2_3	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_categories_name_4	v_categories_name_5	v_categories_name_6	v_categories_name_7	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR
G 1637AP	blank-image.gif	G 1637AP	G1637 MTR APR BHG TOE RING								49.5	0		4/5/2006 15:28	0	1	Color	Farbe	Color	2	Size	Gr??e	Talla	1					2					Mt. Rushmore BHG	GOLD	TOE RINGS	COLORED STONES					--none--	Active	EOREOR
G 1637AU	blank-image.gif	G 1637AU	G1637 MTR AUG BHG TOE RING								49.5	0		4/5/2006 15:29	0	1	Color	Farbe	Color	2	Size	Gr??e	Talla	1					2					Mt. Rushmore BHG	GOLD	TOE RINGS	COLORED STONES					--none--	Active	EOREOR
G 1637DE	blank-image.gif	G 1637DE	G1637 MTR DEC BHG TOE RING								49.5	0		4/5/2006 15:30	0	1	Color	Farbe	Color	2	Size	Gr??e	Talla	1					2					Mt. Rushmore BHG	GOLD	TOE RINGS	COLORED STONES					--none--	Active	EOREOR
G 1637FE	blank-image.gif	G 1637FE	G1637 MTR FEB BHG TOE RING								49.5	0		4/5/2006 15:31	0	1	Color	Farbe	Color	2	Size	Gr??e	Talla	1					2					Mt. Rushmore BHG	GOLD	TOE RINGS	COLORED STONES					--none--	Active	EOREOR
G 1637JA	blank-image.gif	G 1637JA	G1637 MTR JAN BHG TOE RING								49.5	0		4/5/2006 15:32	0	1	Color	Farbe	Color	2	Size	Gr??e	Talla	1					2					Mt. Rushmore BHG	GOLD	TOE RINGS	COLORED STONES					--none--	Active	EOREOR

Thats the first 6 lines of 2807 from the text file itself not the excel doc.

Thanks,

Hi Folks

I am having a problem that I cant see ans in forum: I have uploaded everything as per instructions and everything seems to work ie: i can download a txt file modify it etc then upload again with no errors reported but when I go to shop nothing has changed, I've tried doing things via the temp dir but with the same result.

Prob something stupid on my part I know but hey,

Any ideas would be gratfully recieved pls!

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

seems like everything worked for me... except i seem to be missing some variables in my language file. Does that mean my version of oscommerce is too old? its showing HEADING_TITLE_EP, SPLIT_EP, and a bunch of other variables. did i miss out on some stuff to copy and paste in the language file?

Hi Folks

I am having a problem that I cant see ans in forum: I have uploaded everything as per instructions and everything seems to work ie: i can download a txt file modify it etc then upload again with no errors reported but when I go to shop nothing has changed, I've tried doing things via the temp dir but with the same result.

Prob something stupid on my part I know but hey,

Any ideas would be gratfully recieved pls!

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Hi there...I feel your pain...believe me and that is why I am happy to announce that after 3 weeks of sweat, cussing, and lots of tears :-" I finally am able to import and export my products with no problem...and see them in my store. I didn't use easy populate because it was too much of a headache literally I used the wonderful contribution from the dedicated and smart people at this link....try it..if it doesn't work you can always restore your backup...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...5/category,all/

NOw this is assuming that you will be working in excel, however, I found this to work just as fine using just notepad...YES NOTEPAD! :blink: I say so because you don't know the headache I've been through....

anyway just a few notes to help you cause you may encounter along the way...

1. I would start with the first contribution dated Nov 15, 2002. This comes with a very nice step by step on how to proceed

2. THe developer created this contribution in Ukranian...really no biggie except I found that in the myphp admin you will need to find the right language code so that the query understands the command ALTER TABLE..." I used Lang: Eng (en-utf-8)

and MYSQL connection collation: cp1251_Ukranian_ci

I had to play around with the different languages to figure this out because I am a complete idiot when it comes to php sql and all that other stuff, this worked for me because at first the SQL query gave me an error about checking command terms

3. After following the rest of the directions, everything went well up until I had to figure out how to match my categories with the columns :o

4. At that point, I decided to upgrade to the v2 contribution dated 29 Jul 2005. After following this I got success. One advise....I was more successful getting every column and input along with very long product descriptions to load into the oscommerce admin very well by saving my excel spread sheet as a tab deliminated text...its simple and you can even open a notepad to line up your columns if they shift for any reason.

5. Also Using these contributions illiminates the need to use php admin at all once you get to the second contribution....

6. I know this was a lengthy :-" :-" post, but I just trying to help from a dummy like me...Happy Editing!

Hi there...I feel your pain...believe me and that is why I am happy to announce that after 3 weeks of sweat, cussing, and lots of tears :-" I finally am able to import and export my products with no problem...and see them in my store. I didn't use easy populate because it was too much of a headache literally I used the wonderful contribution from the dedicated and smart people at this link....try it..if it doesn't work you can always restore your backup...

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...5/category,all/

Thank you!!!

An Excellent reply (not to long, information is what I need!)

If I don,t find the problem with EP soon I'll have no choice but to give up and go with plan B.

Thank you again :thumbsup:

Thank you!!!

An Excellent reply (not to long, information is what I need!)

If I don,t find the problem with EP soon I'll have no choice but to give up and go with plan B.

Thank you again :thumbsup:

I took Tiggers advice Excel Import is a dream, 1947 records inserted first try instal and config 5 min.

they could put Excel Import on Seasmee Street it is so easy to use. Thanks Tigger!!!

:D File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phplK4big

User filename: Spicer.txt

Size: 136869

Total Records inserted......1947

Talos