• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hello,

I've just installed EP 2.79b. The problem is that I can't download a text file to edit in Excel. It simply doesn't download anything. I have a few products in my catalog........

Can somebody please help me?!

Thanks

Hello,

I've just installed EP 2.79b. The problem is that I can't download a text file to edit in Excel. It simply doesn't download anything. I have a few products in my catalog........

Can somebody please help me?!

Thanks

Ok I see what the problem is..... Or actually I don't. The contribute is working now and then. If I click the creation file .txt a few times it creates a txt file as it should. If I try to import the txt file it works now and then. Not always though.... If it works, everything is imported correctly so actually it works fine. But the creation and importing functions don't always work correct :'(

Is there an explaination for this? Can somebody please help me? I really need this contribute because I've got a lot of products to add and a deadline :(

Thanks in advance

Same problem....

Oh, and even with new version, of course.

And when I try to export the extra fields in TAB format file I get this:

1146 - Table 'bartonch_oscommerce.TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS' doesn't exist

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, subc.products_extra_fields_id as v_products_extra_fields_id, subc.products_extra_fields_value as v_products_extra_fields_value, ptoc.products_extra_fields_name as v_products_extra_fields_name FROM products as p, TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS as subc, TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = subc.products_id AND ptoc.products_extra_fields_id = subc.products_extra_fields_id

And still, when importing, I get something like this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpwCaw8T

User filename: new test

Size: 3345

| 701010 | | | | | Hiver | M?lange de | | Winter | A deliciou | | | | | 4.38 | 112.00 | | 2006-03-15 | 1 | | Thes et ti | Thes noirs | Ceylan | | | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| 701006 | 701011 | 7010026 | 7010130 | 7012006 |

Meaning it imports the first one but not the others... and it's not, I think, a EOREOR problem.

Thanks in advance for your help

Is there an explaination for this? Can somebody please help me? I really need this contribute because I've got a lot of products to add and a deadline

maybe something problems with your poxy or IE cach on your computer?

And when I try to export the extra fields in TAB format file I get this:

1146 - Table 'bartonch_oscommerce.TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS' doesn't exist

you must install Extra Fields contribution first

Edited by dAbserver

maybe something problems with your poxy or IE cach on your computer?

you must install Extra Fields contribution first

I assume you mean proxy?? Where can I see if the IE cache or the proxy is the problem? Do you have any hints on this? I actually don't think that this is the problem because I tried a other computer which gives the same result :( I'm really stuck, please help me :'(

Thanks in advance

easy populate accept only txt files to upload information into datebase or i'm wrong ?

because i can use only .txt files to upload items. if i try to use xls its not working. someone put please some light on this for me :)

you need to have a few more columns.

the first one needs to be v_products_model and the last few need to be (in this order)

v_tax_class_title, then, v_status, then, EOREOR.

The best thing to do is to download your current store, then make any amendments keeping the structure as much the same as possible, then upload it.

I've the same problem, too. And I used every column I downloaded trough EP! The first column I used is v_products_model!

mumble....

I have easy populate installed and cannot find out how to upload just a price change. If I upload only data in the model number field and price field and the EOREOR field it erases the data in all other fields. Is there a way to only update the fields you want to update without over writing the other fields?

Laser labels, barcode labels, custom labels

When I install EP any version (I have tried all from 2.78 upwards) then none of the download links do anything on the admin page. When looking at what the php is doing I see that $download and $dltype are always blank even though I can see their values in the query string. I this something to do with me being forced to run with registar_globals OFF (there was another contribution that fixed this)?

Cheers!

--Sam

I've read through about 40 pages now and have found a couple others with my problem but haven't really found a good answer, or maybe not the answer I want to hear. When I try to open my EP file with Excel it says "file not completely loaded" or something like that. From what I've read Excel is limited to only 256 columns or something like that, so apparently I have more columns than that. Is there anything I can do, short of removing some of my attributes or anything else to make this file work? I have a lot of attributes because I have a lot of different products that require them. I want to be able to use EP's Complete setup, not just certain parts because in my opinion it would be a waste of time if I upload products with EP then still have to go in an manually move them to the correct catagories and add the correct attributes. If there is nothing that can be doen than so be it, I'll upload all my products one by one again, but I need somebody to tell me that or tell me how to make it work. Thanks.

as a suggestion run the folowing SQL statement to make it tab delimited...

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Delimiter', 'EP_DELIMITER', '\t', 'Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP! (common delimiters - "(\\t - TAB will have be set using phpmyadmin or other utility as osc converts it into a string)"," ";" "~" "|" "-" "*").', 17, 10, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Scott

You're great! So I solved the EP_DELIMITER problem in Easy Populate 2.79b-MS2, with a line in phpmyadmin!

Just selecting the right database on the left, finding the "configuration" table and executing the query as on top...

Thanx

Ok forgive me if this queston has been asked before, but after reading through a ton of pages here and multiple searches I didn't find the answer.

I'm able to upload new products just fine... works great. However when I got to the main storefront, I don't see any of the items I uploaded with Easy Populate listed under "New Products for March" but they are in the catalog.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!!!

hello, I have the latest version of easypopulate. It works great, except one thing. When I export tab delimited (txt) file into excel 2003, almost all my product prices look like dates in excel. How to fix this bug? Thanks for any suggestions...

I finally got my database to work. I was having a problem with it being too big to open in Excel. After looking at it forever I noticed that for each product it had 3 name sections. For each product description it had 3 sections and for each attribute name there were 3 sections. So I started thinking why does it need 3 of each of those and then it hit me. My site was set up with 3 different languages, English, German and Italian. So I removed German and Italian because I only use English anyway and bam, the file opens now in Excel. I even have more room incase I need to add anymore attributes or catagories.

Hi all,

I'm not a programmer, but an online company owner who needs to be in full control of his business without having to rely on his Webmaster all the time.

For my own benefit, I need to know how to use 'Easy Populate' to put what ammounts to hundreds of products onto my website, instead of using my Admin site which takes forever putting items on one by one.

Is there anyone who can give me a step by step guide on how to do this please?

Richard.

it is in the docs. basically use excel in spreadsheet format to add.

I just got started with the install except I want to stop myself before I cause a big problem :) Appearantly in the easypopulate.php file im looking for $tempdir... the only problem is I don't have that string in the file, and since I don't have a catalog directory it's a problem :( Whats wrong?

The installation, export and import went smoothly - no errors to speak of. But my product pictures are not showing up. The proper names are in the database and the files have all been ftp'ed to the images directory. What could I be doing wrong?:blush:

Thanks,

jc

Never mind. :-" Aliens must've eaten my brain. All is well. This is a FANTASTIC contribution. Thanks so much. It looks like I might get all my products loaded in this lifetime after all.

jc

OK, first, I tried to read all the threads here, but my eyes are falling out. I don't know if this is covered by another thread and if it is, please be kind enough to direct me to it.

I loaded EP and in Admin can get to the configuration of EP. Thats about it. I for the live of me cannot find anywhere to upload/download an Excel type file; or any file for that matter. Now I understand that I should go to Admin and then to Catalog and then to EP, but its not there.

Anyone have an idea of what I did wrong??

Kurt

Me wants a little help :) Please

How to make some contributions available in EP

I realy want these two "UltraPics" and "Product short desc" in EP

Thanks alot

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

hello, I have the latest version of easypopulate. It works great, except one thing. When I export tab delimited (txt) file into excel 2003, almost all my product prices look like dates in excel. How to fix this bug? Thanks for any suggestions...

anyone can help?