• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

firstly, thank you to Mibble and everyone else for posting solutions to problems. I've encountered most of them and managed to resolve them all based on the posted solutions, apart from one.

When I import the file in to the database, the data is put in to the wrong fileds e.g. name in to price, price in to model model.

I'm using tab-deliminated files and there's not an apostraphe, comma or ? sign in sight. I've manually added a product with all data in the correct fields, downloaded this via EP then, manually deleted the product. I then upload the file I and just down loaded and inserted in to the database using EP and all the field data has moved around.

I have added 5 additional fields to the products so was wondering if this caused a problem. They show up in the downloaded file and show again when uploaded, although in the wrong place.

Does anyone have an idea what may be causing this??

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Problem solved. In the Adding new fields to Easy Populate topic I somehow missed a posted solution (fairly easy when someone post their enitre EP file :) ) which, whilst not having the same problem, I thought it may work.

Surprise, surprise, guess who posted the solution. Thank you very much Mibble. And here was the solution:

if you read your insert statement, you have products fabric as the first field however the first field you are inserting is the products image. fix that portion and you should be good to go

Sorry to post three times in a row. This is not a problem, just something I'm curious about. Why is an additional blank character i.e. a space, added to the begining of the contents of every field? They are not in my spreadsheet, tab-del .txt file or the osc admin prduct edit section.

I have a working store with around 400 products in it and I am wanting to add about 400 more. I have the latest Easy populate installed and I am just trying to get a correct file downloaded to edit and add more products to. I set the file to download as a tab delimited file too. My descriptions are quite long and full of html code too. Some of my products are not allowing any rows past the description row. When I shorten up the descriptions with and without html code they seem to seperate into the proper rows just fine. When I leave the code out and the same length of description it doesn't work. I did a quick edit with dreamweaver to get rid of all " and ' marks. Still didn't work right. I am using Microsoft spreadsheet to edit the file, if that would make a difference.

I want to make sure I have a proper file before I attempt any upload since I am a running fully operational store.

Does any body have any idea if there is a limit on the description length? Or any help would be Great!

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

I have a working store with around 400 products in it and I am wanting to add about 400 more. I have the latest Easy populate installed and I am just trying to get a correct file downloaded to edit and add more products to. I set the file to download as a tab delimited file too. My descriptions are quite long and full of html code too. Some of my products are not allowing any rows past the description row. When I shorten up the descriptions with and without html code they seem to seperate into the proper rows just fine. When I leave the code out and the same length of description it doesn't work. I did a quick edit with dreamweaver to get rid of all " and ' marks. Still didn't work right. I am using Microsoft spreadsheet to edit the file, if that would make a difference.

I want to make sure I have a proper file before I attempt any upload since I am a running fully operational store.

Does any body have any idea if there is a limit on the description length? Or any help would be Great!

Well since you haven't tried uploading it yet, I'd assume this is an excel problem. Have you tried opening it in wordpad to see if the whole description is really there? Sometimes Excel acts funny when you have a lot of words in a cell.

i've finally gotten easy populate up and running without any problems. I've been able to upload and download fine. But today I tried to upload a file with new products in it and I got the following error:

| 10-SPIN-BI | 10-spin-bi | Big Slick | Hold\?Em O | | 7.98 | 0.3 | | 12/18/2005 | 999 | | Card Cover | Spinner Ca | | --none-- | Active | 12.99 !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, ' at line 3

INSERT INTO products ( products_retail_price products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '10-spin-bigslick.jpg', '10-SPIN-BIGSLICK', '7.98', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "12/18/2005 22:24", NULL, '', '0.3', '999', '12.99', 'NULL')

[TEP STOP]

I've looked through the file and cant find anything wrong with it to my knowledge, does anyone have any ideas?

Ok first I want to thank you for all of your help, you have been more than helpful. I added the comma but not even more problems are happening. This is very strange since it all worked for me the other day. When I go to add a new category and products everything uploads fine, but the listed products are all messed up. First problem is that even though for the image I have filename.jpg all that shows up is filename without the extensions. All of the prices are at $1 no matter what and all of the retail prices are 10.00. The product model shows what the price is supposed to be. the product quantity is either 15 or 25 no matter what i put in, and the shipping weight is a bunch of 9s. all of the products listed are inactive. the dates listed for added and available are all zeros, and when i try to update the products by uploading the file again it just creates 2 instances. I'm completely baffled how all of this could happen without me touching anything. something is seriously messed up, but maybe its something small causing all of this. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an attribute problem.....i ave manages to upload on set of attributes but the other is just NOT working...also how can i get rid of the annoying spaces in the colour attributes...can i use NULL?

here is the first line of my import...( attribute bit only)

v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_2_3 v_attribute_values_price_2_3 v_attribute_values_name_2_3_1 v_attribute_options_id_2_4 v_attribute_values_price_2_4 v_attribute_values_name_2_4_1

1 Colour 1 0 As seen 2 0 3 0 2 Size 1 0 S 2 0 M 3 0 L 4 0 XL

am i missing something stooooopid? store is here www.hairfreax.com

Hi there! Happy Holidays!

The first portion of this post: uploads

The second portion of this post: images

1. uploads

I am working with EasyPopulate, and I had success with a portion of the upload...

here is the upload error...

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpwic48u

User filename: EP2005Dec26.txt

Size: 1124

| 7377342151 | tandyphoto | tandi | You are pu | | 1200 | | | | 1 | Julia Trop | Expression | Oil | | | Active !New Product!

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

The products model is my first field in the excel spreadsheet... here is my first line of the excel spreadsheet...

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_price_with_tax v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

here is the second line...

7377342151 tandyphoto_1_small.jpg tandi You are purchasing one 30x20oil painting by a professional artist located in Kelowna BC Canada. See more about Julia in her CV and biography, links located just above this description box.Subject Matter: An abstracted textured painting of a young man from South Africa. He was part of the World Youth Organization, and came to Kelowna on a three month work exchange. I was lucky to meet him and happy he posed for me and my group! Abstract, Expressionist. Work is created with passion and heart and very expensive/high quality materials. Stretched: Yes, on professionally made wooden stretchers, staples on back, sides painted.<br><br>Colour/Color: blue, green, yellow, red, lavender, purple, no black.<br><br>Code: 00oilFN 00fanEX 1200 1 Julia Trops Expressionist Oil 0 Active EOREOR

The spaces indicate the tab delimited separators, and in some cases, I have an empty column such as v_tax_class_title... is there anything I should be doing that I am not doing?

2. images/extra images:

Also would like to add extra images (which I installed) - but I dont understand the difference between v_products_mimage, v_products_bimage etc...

Can I specify a different directory for the extra images, as I have two for each item (over 300 items)

Do the images have to be gifs? Mine are all jpgs.

Thank you very much for any help you can give!

Julia

Hello everyone,

Although I have a website based on the OsCommerce template for about one year now, this is the first time I have posted to this Forum, so hello all.

I have a webmaster who does work for me as regards product placement, but because he's doing 1,001 other things with his other customers, I seem to wait forever to get things done.

I know you can put products on the site using the Admin site, but when I have hundreds of products to enter, that too can take forever.

I think my site has 'Easy Populate', but how I use it, I haven't got a clue. In saying that, I really do need to get to know how to use it for my own benefit, so I can perhaps get things done more quickly.

I feel that my business is suffering somewhat because my website is not being kept up to date with new products often enough.

I do hope someone can help me on this matter please.

richard-r

i have installed Easypopulate v2.72-MS2 (with attributes) and downloaded to my PC the txt file and edit it with some test products and uploaded it to my server and i get this error.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo//catalog/temp/EP.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpwwBviU' to '/home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo//catalog/temp/EP.txt' in /home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded. 
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpwwBviU
User filename: EP.txt
Size: 961

Warning: file(/home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo//catalog/temp/EP.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

the file i have downloaded looks like this:

product_model	product_image	product_name	product_description	product_url								EOREOR
1		teste1	1234									EOREOR
2		teste2	1235									EOREOR
3		teste3	1236									EOREOR
4		teste4	1237									EOREOR
5		teste5	1238									EOREOR
6		teste6	1239									EOREOR
7		teste7	1240									EOREOR
8		teste8	1241									EOREOR
9		teste9	1242									EOREOR
10		teste10	1243									EOREOR
11		teste11	1244									EOREOR
12		teste12	1245									EOREOR
13		teste13	1246									EOREOR
14		teste14	1247									EOREOR
15		teste15	1248									EOREOR
16		teste16	1249									EOREOR
17		teste17	1250									EOREOR
18		teste18	1251									EOREOR
19		teste19	1252									EOREOR
20		teste20	1253									EOREOR
21		teste21	1254									EOREOR
22		teste22	1255									EOREOR
23		teste23	1256									EOREOR
24		teste24	1257									EOREOR
25		teste25	1258									EOREOR
26		teste26	1259									EOREOR
27		teste27	1260									EOREOR

can anyone help please

Just installed v2.77, this is the first time i've tried this contribution. I've followed the instructions, added the files to the admin folder, added the link and created the catalog/temp directory. When i click the "Download a txt file to edit" link in the easy populate section nothing happens, the page just refreshes and thats it. Also tried creating a file in the temp directory and this doesn't work either. Any ideas?

Scott

Upload File > Nothing Happens :blink:

I've used EP for months (love it) but my file upload has never worked.

Instead I upload the file in my temp dir via FTP then import from there (tempdir = content/EasyPopulate/).

Works great that way...but I can't browse > upload > insert into DB.

Nothing happens...no errors, clues...nadda.

99% certain my config is correct and tempdir setting works on download, etc.

I've echoed <?php echo DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir;?> on the page to verify it's accuracy, and the path is correct. Dir permission = 777.

I've been poking around my EP file for a while with no success.

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

Sam M. - Seattle

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo//catalog/temp/EP.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/tekcente/public_html/catalogo/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Doesn't seem like your path is correct @ catalogo//catalog/temp/

If catalogo is correct, then path should probably be catalogo/temp/

Suggestion to see the path as EP sees it find

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="easypopulate.php?split=0" METHOD=POST>
		  <p>
			<div align = "left">
			<p><b>Upload EP File</b></p>
			<p>

To display your complete path on the page change above code to below.

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="easypopulate.php?split=0" METHOD=POST>
		  <p>
			<div align = "left">
			<p><b>Upload EP File</b><br></b><font size="1">Stored in: <?php echo DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir;?></font></p>
			<p>

Sam M. - Seattle

Just installed v2.77, this is the first time i've tried this contribution. I've followed the instructions, added the files to the admin folder, added the link and created the catalog/temp directory. When i click the "Download a txt file to edit" link in the easy populate section nothing happens, the page just refreshes and thats it. Also tried creating a file in the temp directory and this doesn't work either. Any ideas?

I've also tried uploading the sample output file too and that does nothing so both the download and upload features aren't working

Scott

set the path for DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

Doesn't seem like your path is correct @ catalogo//catalog/temp/

If catalogo is correct, then path should probably be catalogo/temp/

Suggestion to see the path as EP sees it find

<p>
			<div align = "left">
			<p><b>Upload EP File</b></p>
			<p>

To display your complete path on the page change above code to below.

<p>
			<div align = "left">
			<p><b>Upload EP File</b><br></b><font size="1">Stored in: <?php echo DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir;?></font></p>
			<p>

I've been trying to get easy populate working for about 10 hours now with no luck!

I've followed the instructions to a T, i've read the support forums, tried different things and still i can't figure it out.

when i try to download the txt file (either to my machine or the temp dir) the screen just refreshes and thats it. I've also tried uploading the sample output and that does exactly the same.

I've tried fresh installs of oscommerce, i've tried different versions of EP and nothing seems to work, please help me!

Scott

i really need to get this sorted today as i've got a couple of thousand products to add by the first of jan!!

Please can somebody help!?

Guide me step by step maybe?

I'm trying the install on 2 test shops atthe moment located at www.prodigymotorsport.co.uk/testshop this is a direct copy of my live shop

the second shop is located at www.prodigymotorsport.co.uk/catalog this is a fresh installation

i haven't been able to get it to work on either of them

Scott

Have you tried uploading the included test file? The last time I looked at the EP download, someone had changed the default model size to something other than 12. If you have not edited your model size in your shop, then you will need to change that back.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons