• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

it is possible, a few things tho, what is your temp dir setting in your ep file, what is your delimiter set to (tab or semicolon), what is your document root in your configure.php file set to . . .

I haven't been able to find an answer on this so here it goes. I have a large inventory that I loaded with EP and I just want to update my stock counts. Can I do this by removing the extra information and just have something like Model and Qty in the file or will this cause problems.

Thanks

Charles

it is possible, a few things tho, what is your temp dir setting in your ep file, what is your delimiter set to (tab or semicolon), what is your document root in your configure.php file set to . . .

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

global $separator;

$separator = "\t";

root is set at

/catalog/

Your assistance is much appreciated, thankyou for taking the time to respond to my question

Jon

Hi All,

K..

I have a slight problem

Has anybody installed the Multi Stores contrib and had with working with easy populate?????

The 2 together is the absolute perfect answer to my prayrs... i been playing with a test setup with multistores for last little while but am running into probs adding easy pop.

i think the main prob stemms from the fact that the line DOCUMENT ROOT gets commented out in the multisore install ( all that stuff moves to a DB Table to allow for more then 1 shopfront)

i was assumung that the MS Contrib was therefore usin the $docu var from the server but i am guessing now that i might be wrong.

Iam a noob at this and would love some help from those who actually understand whats going down in the internals here :)

i have tried all sorts from uncommenting the line to whatever i think might work but no go.

short rundown.

can download CSV file no probs.

Cant get CSV to TEMP Directory says it written it but nothing there.

cant upload file from temp directory or direct upload. gives the standard 4 lines - doesnt change data.

now from trolling over the pages in the forum it all sounds like it still the DOcu Root problem ???

Help

Thanks in advance..

Andrew Scott

Right ive had a few problems with easy populate after installing it but all seems to be fine now after fiddling around with it! But i cant get rid of my last problem!

when i use HTML code in the 'v_products_description_1' field when i upload it for some reason it changes the code! :'(

for example the code i add is... <a href="../audio/Artist-TrackName.mp3">Listen to sample</a>

but instead of linking up a folder it links to... http://domainname.co.uk/shop/"../audi...kName.mp3"

any ideas? your help would be much appreciated!

set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

Won't this

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

conflict with this

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/catalog/');

and when i just replace it altogether i get a stream error

Thanks for your insight, im trying to get this working so i can get my database peachy

if you need me to cut and paste some code please let me know i would be most grateful to get ep working and off the ground

Jon

/catalog/ is incorrect, easy way to tell is to go to admin/tools/server info and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT and you will see it is not set to the /catalog/ path at all

/catalog/ is incorrect, easy way to tell is to go to admin/tools/server info and search for DOCUMENT_ROOT and you will see it is not set to the /catalog/ path at all

Hi anyone over here...

I have installed this easy populate contribution for a clien,t worked beautifully till the point where I added the new_fields contribution. I followed the instructions on adding them to the easy populate, but I keep getting problems where it adds the data to the wrong fields. Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? it seems to work on and off, very odd.

Thanks in advance!

Hey mibble,

I installed the contrib, (Easypopulate with Product Attributes, by Mibble, 26 Jul 2005) but it doesn't seem to be compatible with Attribute Sets Plus, I am able to download and update all fields, except attributes. I guess I don't understand how to make it work. Can you give me some insight?

What I want to do if possible is upload different sets of attributes to the attribute sets window, then apply them to products by attribute sets name instead of individual attrute names, that way when I modify the sets the product attributes will be modified as well instead of me having to go changing them one by one.

Thanks in advance. :D

Quite right, i used /catalog/ as short for

/home/username/public_html

and in the admin/includes/config file it is set at

/home/username/public_html/catalog/

As Always Thanks for helping me sort through this dilemna

~Jon

Edited by oscommerceking

Hi,

Does anyone using MAC with EP? I don't get what is this mean in EP's manual

"SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAC USERS

Because of the differences in the end-of-line characters used by Apple's operating systems, after editing and saving the tab-delimited file, you'll need to open the file in BBedit or equivalent and change the line endings to "Unix"."

Where to add? After EOREOR or replace it or...?

My EP did upload fine but it would add new weird category that I don't want and mess up Categories box.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

is that the actual link or did you modify it ? i need the exact message . . .

Its ok i searched the forum and found out how to fix this problem! when downloading the txt file it added a extra " to my html then changed " & \" to something like #34 thats what was giving me the problem!

now im having another problem with this mod! I have a download site when i upload the text file using easy populate it deletes the downloadable product information is there any way to stop this as its not going to help me out if i have to add ALL the 'downloadable product' info every time! Or is there some way maybe we could get the 3 boxes in downloadable product info ie filename, expiry days & max download count to be in the text file that gets downloaded??

Hi,

I did upload without any error but my product are disappeared from my store! Even I tried download the file with EP and put it back in untouched. Anyone know the problem? I've spent many hours looking for same problem but found nothing. This happen to me no matter I used PC or MAC.

Thanks

Greetings,

Using Easy Populate 2.76 - Works like a charm, with one exception to date:

When creating an item on sale in "specials" on osCommerce, and issuing an expiration date for that sale item, the sale price will not export in the Froogle feed. If we remove the expiration date, the sale price does export on the Froogle feed.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks all,

~ Denis

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

~ Denis

I have a big problem with Easypopulate.

My store consists of 1000+ products. The prices of these products are updated weekly, so I need to import a sheet with the prices every week. This is not a problem. The problem is, these products all have extensive descriptions. These are erased every time I import!

I have NO field that sets the product description what so ever. My sheet is build up like this:

v_products_model v_products_name_4 v_products_price v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_tax_class_title EOREOR

The sheet is splitted so it contains 500 products MAX.

Anyone has any clues as to what's happening?

I have (sucessfully?) installed EP, downloaded the 'complete' file, and tried some editing...

When saving as a tab-delimited file from Excel 2000, the fields have spaces between them, but no ;

Is this correct?

Thanks for looking.

Like a few other contributors to this thread I have problems with Unicode and Easy Populate, and there does not appear to be an answer here. Yes, multiple languages are discussed, but my (our) problem is that where Unicode characters are included in descriptions etc. they do not survive the round-trip via Excel. The download file will have something like this as the description:

20094; 39321; 33735;

(NB I have deliberatly added spaces to this posting so that they do NOT render as Unicode in your browser!)

This example should, in fact, contain three Traditional Chinese characters, but when re-uploaded into OSC they will show just as quoted here.

The database is OK, and the descriptions display properly is OSC, so the problem must be in the EP code that converts the query into the text file or vice-versa.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance to anybody who can crack this one.

PS If you think that there is a solution in this mega thread, please link rather than suggest that we look "about 5 or 10 pages back."

I have (sucessfully?) installed EP, downloaded the 'complete' file, and tried some editing...

When saving as a tab-delimited file from Excel 2000, the fields have spaces between them, but no ;

Is this correct?

Thanks for looking.

Hi i had the same problem when i exported from the site and open th efile in excell all my info was in the 1st coloum i did find somewhere how to fix the problem! You have to change the standard settings to 'tab-delimited' in easypopulate.php its around line 84 you need to comment out your current option (think mine was set to comma) then un-comment tab to export as you need it to!

hope this helps!

Hi i had the same problem when i exported from the site and open th efile in excell all my info was in the 1st coloum i did find somewhere how to fix the problem! You have to change the standard settings to 'tab-delimited' in easypopulate.php its around line 84 you need to comment out your current option (think mine was set to comma) then un-comment tab to export as you need it to!

hope this helps!

Cool, I will play with that. Thank you very much sir!