• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Ive installed ep today. followed the directions and read for hours and hours

the easy populate button is there in admin and when you click it does go to EP

however none of the functions within ep do anything no error message, it appears to do something and refreshes the page but no files in temp or any other functionality. i have messed with the temp path but didnt help.

not sure where to turn with no error messages

permission are 777 for the temp files and the full path to the temp file is correct i think with "/var/www/html/catalog/temp"

i read a few tidbits about register globals...Its off on this machine hope thats not the problem :)

i also read about changing DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT but that didnt help and messed up file manager

the register globals patch is the only contribution added to an otherewise clean install

this is a LAMP box that i have.

I'd tell you more if i knew what to include for helpful info

you have to look at how many fields y ou have in your products attributes table, as this is showing 7 fields.

I'm receiving this error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values ('', '29', '3', '15', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

This is what I have in Categories PHP on the inser command:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_lrg, products_image_sm_1, products_image_xl_1, products_image_sm_2, products_image_xl_2, products_image_sm_3, products_image_xl_3, products_image_sm_4, products_image_xl_4, products_image_sm_5, products_image_xl_5, products_image_sm_6, products_image_xl_6, products_retail_price, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_med']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_lrg']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_1']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_1']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_2']) . "',
		 '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_2']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_3']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_3']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_4']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_4']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_5']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_5']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_6']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_6']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_retail_price']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

and this is what i have in products table..

products_id products_quantity products_model products_image products_image_med products_image_lrg products_image_sm_1 products_image_xl_1 products_image_sm_2 products_image_xl_2 products_image_sm_3 products_image_xl_3 products_image_sm_4 products_image_xl_4 products_image_sm_5 products_image_xl_5 products_image_sm_6 products_image_xl_6 products_price products_retail_price products_date_added products_last_modified products_date_available products_weight products_status products_tax_class_id manufacturers_id products_ordered products_length products_width products_height products_ready_to_ship

it appears to me these 2 are vastly different... but why... the error only occurred after i added the weight mod to attributes?

what is your setting in DOCUMENT_ROOT and what is the path to your store.

Ive installed ep today. followed the directions and read for hours and hours

the easy populate button is there in admin and when you click it does go to EP

however none of the functions within ep do anything no error message, it appears to do something and refreshes the page but no files in temp or any other functionality. i have messed with the temp path but didnt help.

not sure where to turn with no error messages

permission are 777 for the temp files and the full path to the temp file is correct i think with "/var/www/html/catalog/temp"

i read a few tidbits about register globals...Its off on this machine hope thats not the problem :)

i also read about changing DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT but that didnt help and messed up file manager

the register globals patch is the only contribution added to an otherewise clean install

this is a LAMP box that i have.

I'd tell you more if i knew what to include for helpful info

wrong. set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT and try

what is your setting in DOCUMENT_ROOT and what is the path to your store.

/admin/includes/configure.php shows the document root to be /var/www/html/catalog/

path to store is /var/www/html/catalog/

I can not get my changes that I made to the spreadsheet to reflect in the website. I am downloading them using the "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" link and editing the file, then uploading it.

I am using tab deliminated and can not figure this out.

it cant mess up file namager. has to be a typo.

it needs to be:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

take a look in the tools / server info and then search on DOCUMENT_ROOT you will see it does not include the path to /catalog/ at all. thus it is easiest to use the variable.

has to be your temp path is incorrect too, as that needs to be /catalog/temp/ and file permissions of 777

there are many others here who have found out their document root setting needs to be set the way requested, else it doesnt work.

I can not get my changes that I made to the spreadsheet to reflect in the website. I am downloading them using the "Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit" link and editing the file, then uploading it.

I am using tab deliminated and can not figure this out.

Is there any database changes that I need to do for this?

ep is independent, ie no database changes necessary. you have to have a temp dir with 777 permissions, make sure it is set at tab del within the ep file, try one line and see what happens.

Is there any database changes that I need to do for this?

ep is independent, ie no database changes necessary. you have to have a temp dir with 777 permissions, make sure it is set at tab del within the ep file, try one line and see what happens.

Ok, I set the permissions on the catalog\temp folder to "Everyone" full control [i'm running Windows]. Here is the output I get when I import:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php7001.tmp

User filename: EP2005Nov01-1907.txt

Size: 2720

Here are my settings for the delimination:

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

it cant mess up file namager. has to be a typo.

it needs to be:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

take a look in the tools / server info and then search on DOCUMENT_ROOT you will see it does not include the path to /catalog/ at all. thus it is easiest to use the variable.

has to be your temp path is incorrect too, as that needs to be /catalog/temp/ and file permissions of 777

there are many others here who have found out their document root setting needs to be set the way requested, else it doesnt work.

ok i had some sysntax error. the "$document_root" change didnt bring any issues but still not working

does EP work with register globals off ?? it is off on my server

mibble is it the post by jbrolin

looks like this

1. Many people had problems with the temp directory which often on a shared server got assiged wrong - this was my first issue which I solved with adding $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] before each $tempdir.

this will give the correct root path on a shared server i.e. /usr/local/apache/www/catalog/temp/

2. The next and biggest problem I had lies in the server I use had "Register globals off" which caused form post and other variables to come back empty.

Since my host don't allow register globals to be turned on - this is common on all new PHP versions (PHP 4.2.0 and later). I solved this by adding a couple of lines at the top of easypopulate.php, after the $tempdir declarations:

// fix by jb 20040815 set the strings to http post/request, since they don't seem to work on the new server, with register globals=off...

$dltype=$_REQUEST['dltype'];

$download=$_REQUEST['download'];

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

foreach( $HTTP_POST_FILES as $varname => $fileinfo ){

$GLOBALS[$varname] = $fileinfo["tmp_name"];

$GLOBALS[$varname.'_name'] = $fileinfo["name"];

}

// end fix jb

I hope this will give some people a few days less work on how to get EasyPopulate to work!

Regards Jonas

well im getting somewhere

at least i was able to download a EP file to view, but im getting some errors

Notice: Undefined index: dltype in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 25

Notice: Undefined index: download in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 26

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php:25) in /var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

ok i changed to $tempdir = "/temp/" and now i can save to temp

im starting to lose the furrows on my brow...lets see where this goes

still working on the error messages

Edited by lerningkurv

if you changed your tempdir to /temp/ means you still have not set your document_root properly, as it is pointing to /catalog/ and not properly where the program is trying to put things.

was it the post from jbrolin regarding register globals that you referred too?

i applied the code from that post and things started to get better.

I can save a file to temp or download it

uploading the file didnt work yet but today has been long so im done for the day.

the errors i mentioned are still there too.

edited

thanks for responding and i will be back at it tomorrow :)

Edited by Mibble

Hello, I have a question:

I'm getting a large list with products, some of them new arrivals, some of them are not(present in database and not present). All items come with short description(pricelist). Basically, If I will import formatted price list, the products description I got on the site (revised) will be substituted with short description from the price list. I can not remove it, because if new products is added, at least it should have some kind of description, than nothing.

So, here is the question:

Is there any way to configure EP that if there any description exists, EP will not replace it with new and if product contain no description add whatever what in the feed?

Thank you!

Greetings,

Using Easy Populate 2.76 - Works like a charm, with one exception to date:

When creating an item on sale in "specials" on osCommerce, and issuing an expiration date for that sale item, the sale price will not export in the Froogle feed. If we remove the expiration date, the sale price does export on the Froogle feed.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks all,

~ Denis

Edited by Convergence

Hi there. I am relatively new, and I have just intsalled EP 2.76 on my new oscommerce site.

I can download the .txt files fine, but when i upload, the inventory doesnt change.

the reply i get after i upload is:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpJNADhs

User filename: Book2x.txt

Size: 14538

Yet nothing is changed. Even when i upload the same file i downloaded, minus a few rows. Nothing happens.

I have noticed a few other people have had this same problem. Yet i cant find a solution posted anywhere.

Please someone help. I am using a yahoo server if that helps.

Thank

what is your web site link?

what is document_root set to?

what is your temp set to?

My website is located at www.batrider.com/catalog

i created a folder at www.batrider.com/catalog/temp as it said to in the readme and set to 777

im not sure what document_root is, or how to change it?

any ideas??

thanks

Hi there,

when I want to download a Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit,

I'm running into a timeout error.

Following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www-extern/shop/htdocs/admin/easypopulate.php on line 467

And when I try to download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file, I get following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www-extern/shop/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

Can anyone tell me please, what to do, to get it done correctly ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

document_root is a setting inside your admin/includes/configure.php

My website is located at www.batrider.com/catalog

i created a folder at www.batrider.com/catalog/temp as it said to in the readme and set to 777

im not sure what document_root is, or how to change it?

any ideas??

thanks

most likely on a shared server and your database is already too big for it.

Hi there,

when I want to download a Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit,

I'm running into a timeout error.

Following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www-extern/shop/htdocs/admin/easypopulate.php on line 467

And when I try to download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file, I get following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www-extern/shop/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

Can anyone tell me please, what to do, to get it done correctly ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

document_root is a setting inside your admin/includes/configure.php

most likely on a shared server and your database is already too big for it.

Great, I am on a shared server and want to use ep. The complete download option rewards me with a "The page cannot be displayed" after the 30s timeout, I installed attribute sets, so I don't need ep to download the sets, honestly All i want ep to export is the

Product Title, Product Price, Product qty, eoreor

I attempted to use the model,price,qty which downloads fine however my entire model column is blank and yes it is set at 12 characters, can i replace this model column

A ep download with the following vitals would be superb

products id, products name, products description, products price, products qty, eoreor

Any possibility to modify the ep to strictly download this information and make is usable when it writes it back into the database?

Any Ideas, im stuck here, Muchos kudos to anyone who points me straight

Jon