• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

in the latest version I uploaded there is a reference in the documentation to $DOCUMENT_ROOT and how to set it in your configure.php file.

post what your configure.php file line has for DOCUMENT_ROOT

did you first try adding the attributes and options to the store via the admin section and to a product there, and then download the sheet so you can see how it works?

Mibble,

I added Hunchback, Igor and Nunka by hand.. When I downloaded the file, it was all screwy like this one. I had tried asking a while back about it. I figured I would fix the spreadsheet by hand and add a new product with new options, upload then see if it triggered anything.

As I stated, it looks fine in admin and on the webpage, however downloading the "complete" spreadsheet turns out looking like the above.

Lori

Hi,

I have been trying to manually add attributes to products in the EP spreadsheet with no luck. I have been experimenting with no results and I was wondering if anyone had a tip on how to deal with that. I'm sure it simple, but the simple things I've tried haven't worked.

Thanks.

in the latest version I uploaded there is a reference in the documentation to $DOCUMENT_ROOT and how to set it in your configure.php file.

post what your configure.php file line has for DOCUMENT_ROOT

The line in the configure.php is as follows:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/cybertap/public_html/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

I also had created a Temp directory and chmod 777 that directory.

Thanks,

Mike D

change to:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

per the docs

make sure temp has '/catalog/temp/' for the path in ep file

Boy, did I pick the wrong week to quit smoking! I made the ROOT change and had the temp set correctly. I still get nothing. It gives me the four lines of info (file uploaded, temp filename, file size, etc), but no file data.

I placed a file in the Temp directory via FTP. So, I know I have a file there. However when I go to the EP screen and try to do a Download or Create, I watch the bar on the bottom of my screen. About half way, it just stops.

I'm so confused now, I don't know what.

Mike D

well, still having a problem with the easypopulate download. I can't download a complete tab delimited file to edit NOR can I download a froogle file. It says page not found. I have over 12,000 products in my catalog. Any help?

Anyone?

I'm having problems again :'(

My first problem is that it won't create a 5th category, it will eliminate it and scoot everything over for example in a 5 category structure i have it like this

(Honda -> Civic -> Engine Performance -> Intakes -> Accessories) However it just eliminates the first category and leaves (Civic -> Engine Performance -> Intakes -> Accessories)

I don't understand why?

Next problem is that when I go to my admin there is no prompt for login and password?

if you want to create additional categories, you must change easypopulate.php to reflect that.

your admin, that is something different from here, as ep will not / can not remove htaccess files

i use /catalog/temp/ as a generic, is your path catalog

Boy, did I pick the wrong week to quit smoking! I made the ROOT change and had the temp set correctly. I still get nothing. It gives me the four lines of info (file uploaded, temp filename, file size, etc), but no file data.

I placed a file in the Temp directory via FTP. So, I know I have a file there. However when I go to the EP screen and try to do a Download or Create, I watch the bar on the bottom of my screen. About half way, it just stops.

I'm so confused now, I don't know what.

Mike D

i use /catalog/temp/ as a generic, is your path catalog

Mike when I was looking closely at my error I found that putting a / before catalog was unnecessary, however i changed it so that it was in the root folder so i just made a temp / folder inside of the root folder.

Make sure it's not giving you a // error because then it's a simple fix simply try "your location/"

Ex. "temp/" instead of "/temp/"

post the configure.php here without the database connection info

If I want to add subitems to an existing product let's see for example...

A. Cars

1. Gasoline

2. Car Cover

3. Spoiler

But in reality I want to add it to the existing AEM ECU - Harnesses but there are about 100 different applications i just want to add it to every product you know what i mean?

Hello.

I'm trying to get EP to up/download the special prices per customer fields with no luck. I have uncommented the fields in ep.php and when I manually add the the 4 fields to the sheet(v_customer_price_2' v_customer_group_id_2' v_customer_price_3' v_customer_group_id_3'), nothing from those fields upload and when I then download, the fields are gone. The groups in admin are listed as Retail, Reps & Wholesale, which I have made groups 1, 2, & 3 repectively, with 1 as the original field.

How do I get this function to work? Should this field be placed right after the v_products_price field? I have it after the v_products_quantity field only because of the order in the manul.

Thanks!

Clesha

What would create a 500 internal server error with the EasyPopulate contribution? I have had it running for a couple of months now, with no problems. I last used it 2 weeks ago and today, went to upload an updated copy of one of my catalogues, but am now receiving the 500 internal server error.

I know what the 500 internal server error means, but I haven't changed anything with the permissions for any of the folders that EasyPopulate uses.

LOST on how this works!

I downloaded the EP&PA file today, and downloaded the existing .txt file from the server. Opened in Excel, but I'm really confused on how to edit this -- it doesn't seem much easier or simpler than editing online. I have a few products that are each available in dozens of colors. For example:

CS Foundation: 101-01, 102-07, 103-39A, 104-41, 105-8, etc... (each of those numbers is a color)

What I'm seeing in Excel is 30+ colors in separate groups of 3 columns:

| 1 | CS Foundation | 1 | 101-01 | | 2 | 102-07 | | 3 | 103-39A | etc....

I may be overlooking something, or not using this correctly, but just exactly how do I edit the color choices for each item?

Thanx,

Wm

could be your host has changed things around

What would create a 500 internal server error with the EasyPopulate contribution? I have had it running for a couple of months now, with no problems. I last used it 2 weeks ago and today, went to upload an updated copy of one of my catalogues, but am now receiving the 500 internal server error.

I know what the 500 internal server error means, but I haven't changed anything with the permissions for any of the folders that EasyPopulate uses.

They said that mod_security is installed and that is what's blocking it, but they also said it's nothing. Honestly they have no idea why it's not working, but gave me some lame excuse about the file being too large.

I know that's not the case since the file is only 15k. <_<

I've read all of the documentation, I've worked on this for two days, I still can't get anything at all to work or even get an error message. If you click on download product category to me the screen flickers and you get nothing. I was trying to do this to get a template. :blink:

Also, I tried importing, screen flicker and nothing. :angry:

1. I've got a product and category.

2. configure.php (blah is really a big long string /hosts/webserver/whateverthecrap)

// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/blah/shopping/shaman/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shopping/shaman/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/blah/shopping/shaman/admin/'); // absolute pate required

3. I created a temp directory in /shaman and /admin and chmodded them to 777.

4. I read all of the documentation, PLEASE NOTE that I noticed the documentation is not complete with each new version, if you read one version, it may not have all of the documentation of the previous version. Also, some crazy stuff has been posted since the last 'real?' version of easypopulate.

The only thing I can think of is REGISTER_GLOBALS is off. I'm shared so there's no possibility to turn that on.

Thanks,

TrademasterAdam

what is the path of your temp file?

you will need to read thru the thread (search for register globals) i think there is a fix for it somewhere

Thanks! but, it's still not quite working, almost there. For some reason it's trying to point to a different temp directory or something. All of these directories are chmod 777:

mystore/tmp

mystore/temp

mystore/admin/tmp

mystore/admin/temp

And still when I hit create EP files, it says a file was created, but nothing is in any of the directories. Something is hosed up somewhere and I don't know quite where, here's all that I've changed, what am I missing? I can download a file straight to my PC but it's not finding the temp directory.

After I upload something:

Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpWKvf7j

User filename: Upload_List.txt

Size:

At the bottom of easypopulate.php it says:

Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (/mystore/temp/)

Configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/mnt/webhosting/sites/b/mysite.com/shopping/mystore/'); // where the pages are located on the server

// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shopping/mystore/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/mnt/webhosting/sites/b/mysite.com/shopping/mystore/admin/'); // absolute pate required

easypopulate.php

$tempdir = "/mystore/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/mystore/temp/";

// fix by jb 20040815 set the strings to http post/request, since they don't seem to work on the new server, with register globals=off...

$dltype=$_REQUEST['dltype'];

$download=$_REQUEST['download'];

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

foreach( $HTTP_POST_FILES as $varname => $fileinfo ){

$GLOBALS[$varname] = $fileinfo["tmp_name"];

$GLOBALS[$varname.'_name'] = $fileinfo["name"];

}

// end fix jb

THANKS!!

Hi All,

I am still at the learning stage with easy populate.

Currently I am getting csv files from different suppliers and having to manualy put the details in to my .txt file created for my store.

Is there a guide as to how I can setup maping?

Want to be able to set up so that different suppliers products can go into the right category on my website.

Can any one help and give me some advice, willing to learn and practice this ASAP as the current process is just too long.

Appreciate your help!

Kunal

Hello!

I uploaded my new database with Easypopulate and all the products were added correctly. The problem is they show up in the catalog section but NOT in the admin section.

Any suggestions why is this happening?

I'd also like to know how to add categories in different languages in my spreadsheet, it looks I can add different languages for the name and product descriptions but not for the catagories... any answer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

until you change your document root to what it is supposed to be, not much else is going to happen. please change it to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

Thanks! but, it's still not quite working, almost there. For some reason it's trying to point to a different temp directory or something. All of these directories are chmod 777:

mystore/tmp

mystore/temp

mystore/admin/tmp

mystore/admin/temp

And still when I hit create EP files, it says a file was created, but nothing is in any of the directories. Something is hosed up somewhere and I don't know quite where, here's all that I've changed, what am I missing? I can download a file straight to my PC but it's not finding the temp directory.

After I upload something:

Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpWKvf7j

User filename: Upload_List.txt

Size:

At the bottom of easypopulate.php it says:

Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (/mystore/temp/)

Configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/mnt/webhosting/sites/b/mysite.com/shopping/mystore/'); // where the pages are located on the server

// define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shopping/mystore/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/mnt/webhosting/sites/b/mysite.com/shopping/mystore/admin/'); // absolute pate required

easypopulate.php

$tempdir = "/mystore/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/mystore/temp/";

// fix by jb 20040815 set the strings to http post/request, since they don't seem to work on the new server, with register globals=off...

$dltype=$_REQUEST['dltype'];

$download=$_REQUEST['download'];

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

foreach( $HTTP_POST_FILES as $varname => $fileinfo ){

$GLOBALS[$varname] = $fileinfo["tmp_name"];

$GLOBALS[$varname.'_name'] = $fileinfo["name"];

}

// end fix jb

THANKS!!

excel, open office, quattro pro all have tutorials on how to edit spreadsheet files

Hi All,

I am still at the learning stage with easy populate.

Currently I am getting csv files from different suppliers and having to manualy put the details in to my .txt file created for my store.

Is there a guide as to how I can setup maping?

Want to be able to set up so that different suppliers products can go into the right category on my website.

Can any one help and give me some advice, willing to learn and practice this ASAP as the current process is just too long.

Appreciate your help!

Kunal

are the products setup with categories?

Hello!

I uploaded my new database with Easypopulate and all the products were added correctly. The problem is they show up in the catalog section but NOT in the admin section.

Any suggestions why is this happening?

I'd also like to know how to add categories in different languages in my spreadsheet, it looks I can add different languages for the name and product descriptions but not for the catagories... any answer would be appreciated.

Thanks!