• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I changed my temp folder in easypopulate.php to $tempdir = DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . "temp/"; and the file uploaded but I get this garbage. Is this normal?

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/php50RCbF

User filename: EP2006Dec19-1604.txt

Size: 22591

| Barracuda | THD-120A8- | Barracuda | Where Perf | | | | | 400 | 0 | | 11/20/2006 | 0 | 1 | Color | Color | 2 | Size | Talla | 3 | Model | Modelo | 5 | Value | Value | | 6 | Premium | Premium | | 7 | Deluxe | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | USB | | 4 | Memory | Memoria | 1 | 4 mb | 4 mb | | 2 | 8 mb | 8 mb | | 3 | 16 mb | 16 mb | | 4 | 32 mb | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | Version | 10 | Download: | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Seagate | Hardware | Hard Drive | | --none-- | Active Updated

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Lok like you have a problem with the TEMP folder link.

Did you update that correctly in the proper php file? Check the manual for this.

To clarify, I have Register Globals = True and I fixed the /temp directory, I am not getting any errors and it is importing my file into the /temp directory.

The isssue now is I do an "Upload and Import EP File" and it "seems" to go fine, except there is no new product in the database after importing. My import file is a CSV that I setup the fields exactly like the sample file and with the "EOREOR" as the last item in the file. (which is one single product by the way).

Any other possible fixes???

Thanks,

Don

To clarify, I have Register Globals = True and I fixed the /temp directory, I am not getting any errors and it is importing my file into the /temp directory.

The isssue now is I do an "Upload and Import EP File" and it "seems" to go fine, except there is no new product in the database after importing. My import file is a CSV that I setup the fields exactly like the sample file and with the "EOREOR" as the last item in the file. (which is one single product by the way).

Any other possible fixes???

Thanks,

Don

I am getting closer.

I spotted this in the PDF...

Each EP file must have the header row in place. If you upload a file without the headers, EP will throw out your first row of data.

So I inserted the header row into my file and now I get...

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

The products table has a products_model in it, but I do not have any data in that cell in the import file. If I need to populate that cell, how would I know what to assign each product?

Thanks,

Don

I've tried several times to upload my data and it show as being updated but there is no products listed on my site. In Admin-Catalog, all my products are there but just not showing up.

Any help?

I am getting closer.

I spotted this in the PDF...

So I inserted the header row into my file and now I get...

The products table has a products_model in it, but I do not have any data in that cell in the import file. If I need to populate that cell, how would I know what to assign each product?

Thanks,

Don

I managed to get a product to import, but not with the sample.txt file. I had to do a "Download Complete .csv file to edit" and then insert my data into that file.

One note, that this file has only a fraction of the fields that the sample has.

Got it working, but just figuring out the nuances of this.

Thanks,

Don

I have this installed and can export my data just fine. However, when I try to make a change it only changes the first row (product) and everything else is untouched.

This is my output:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpn52wdw

User filename: EP2006Dec21-1503.csv

Size: 4605

| COT5 | cot-leglf_ | 8" x 10 | 8" x 10 | | 34.6 | 0 | | 12/11/2006 | 0 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | Value | | 6 | Premium | | 7 | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | | 4 | Memory | 1 | 4 mb | | 2 | 8 mb | | 3 | 16 mb | | 4 | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | 10 | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | | Crown of T | Lithograph | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| Array | Array | Array | Array | Array

I have tried to upload many changes and only a few, either way only the first product gets updated. This is driving me nuts. Can anyone help?

I am having the same issue. I have about 5 other osc installations on a hosted web server. That server is using php 4 something. My new server has php 5.0.4. I have isolated it down to be something with my configurations. I have copied other EP installs of various other versions onto this server and none of them work. I have also tried to import used tsv files that I have populated the other sites with, and they don't work on this site.

The code is basically failing at line 872ish. array_walk($readed,'walk') is the line. I have added comments to see where it is in the code and that's the last thing that happens before it goes off to the function to do the meaty work.

I'll let you know if I find anything else out.

I have this installed and can export my data just fine. However, when I try to make a change it only changes the first row (product) and everything else is untouched.

This is my output:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpn52wdw

User filename: EP2006Dec21-1503.csv

Size: 4605

| COT5 | cot-leglf_ | 8" x 10 | 8" x 10 | | 34.6 | 0 | | 12/11/2006 | 0 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | Value | | 6 | Premium | | 7 | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | | 4 | Memory | 1 | 4 mb | | 2 | 8 mb | | 3 | 16 mb | | 4 | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | 10 | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | | Crown of T | Lithograph | | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| Array | Array | Array | Array | Array

I have tried to upload many changes and only a few, either way only the first product gets updated. This is driving me nuts. Can anyone help?

Edited by droidmcse

I haven't completely tested the results, but things seem to work so far.....

around line 876 of easypopulate.php

foreach($readed as $line){

walk($line);

}

// array_walk($readed,'walk');

I am having the same issue. I have about 5 other osc installations on a hosted web server. That server is using php 4 something. My new server has php 5.0.4. I have isolated it down to be something with my configurations. I have copied other EP installs of various other versions onto this server and none of them work. I have also tried to import used tsv files that I have populated the other sites with, and they don't work on this site.

The code is basically failing at line 872ish. array_walk($readed,'walk') is the line. I have added comments to see where it is in the code and that's the last thing that happens before it goes off to the function to do the meaty work.

I'll let you know if I find anything else out.

droidmcse - This seems to have fixed the issue. Thank you!!!

I haven't completely tested the results, but things seem to work so far.....

around line 876 of easypopulate.php

foreach($readed as $line){

walk($line);

}

// array_walk($readed,'walk');

Hello,

i have a big problem with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2.

i download v_products_model v_products_name_2 v_products_price EOREOR only for priceupdate´s.

make my work...load the file to server...perfect - prices are changed BUT my description from the products are not here :( in myphpadmin database i see in products_despcription "optimize table 975.000 bytes"...

.) is it normal, that easypopulate delete my descriptions if i dont "update" it and only download price and description via admin ?

.) can i get back the description (yes i am stupid and didn´t get a full backup) with the optimize (i know, optimize is not a "back-function") part in mysql with an back-part ?

please help.

thx a lot.

I have tried to import customers using a csv database. I have partial success if I do a standard import in phpMyAmin not using easypopulate.

Here is what I have done, the results, and what is not working.

Done

1. I have imported data into three tables:

a. address_book

b. customers

c. customers_info

I have made sure the customer info id is the same for all three tables.

I entered todays format for the date_account_created field using the format that was on the original field.

Results

I show all the data has imported into the database properly. Cannot find any problems.

Not Working

a. In OSC admin there is a list of all customers.

b. However, there is no arrow on any of the customers and fi I click any of the customers, no arrow shows up.

c. When I go to edit a customer, there is no data in their name in admin even though there is data in database.

Any suggestions as to what I am missing to make the data in database to appear in admin?

I just installed EP and after a few warning errors and corrections, it seems to upload just fine. The problem is that the products are not getting updated. The only change I made in this upload (my first) was to delete one product and add in some model numbers that were missing. When I go into my catalog, the product deleted is still there and none of the missing models numbers are there.

Marcia

Hi

My EP installation works fine exept when I mark the attributes box then excel give me a warning that the file did not load fully. Then I get the header row and under that 1065 the query was empty [tep stop].

I searched this thread and tried several thing but nothing works.

Thanks

Wilco

Hey Brown Knight, I appreciate you trying to help but I got it figured out.

I done a restore from OSC and it removed the delimiter as it sees tabs as strings.

This was a big fat DUH

I knew this.

Thanks any way :thumbsup:

Hi...

i have exactly the same problem, but i do not understand what your solution was?

I use

MySQL 4.1.10a

Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)

PHP 5.0.3 (Zend: 2.0.3)

I know my EP worked on my old server. Since i have had not used it in a while, i don t know the reason for the crash.

This is the error i get:

Warning: %v%v() [function.%v]: Empty delimiter. in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 703

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 706

Warning: %v%v() [function.%v]: Empty delimiter. in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1221

Warning: %v%v() [function.%v]: The argument should be an array in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2181

Keine Artikelnummer im Datensatz gefunden. Die Zeile wurde nicht importiert.

Warning: %v%v() [function.%v]: Empty delimiter. in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 1221

Warning: %v%v() [function.%v]: The argument should be an array in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 2181

Keine Artikelnummer im Datensatz gefunden. Die Zeile wurde nicht importiert.

PLEASE give me a hint what to do... drives me crazy...

Hi,

I've had various versions of Easy Populate which I have got to look right in the admin view. However, what happens is that whenever I click to download the files, nothing happens! It seems to refresh the page, but I don't get a pop-up to choose where to download the file. I wondered if it might be my security settings, and tried to download to the temp folder, but again..nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on what I've done wrong here? Ta muchly! :blink:

Hello,

i have a big problem with Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2.

i download v_products_model v_products_name_2 v_products_price EOREOR only for priceupdate´s.

make my work...load the file to server...perfect - prices are changed BUT my description from the products are not here :( in myphpadmin database i see in products_despcription "optimize table 975.000 bytes"...

.) is it normal, that easypopulate delete my descriptions if i dont "update" it and only download price and description via admin ?

.) can i get back the description (yes i am stupid and didn´t get a full backup) with the optimize (i know, optimize is not a "back-function") part in mysql with an back-part ?

please help.

thx a lot.

I'd have to say it is not normal for descriptions to disappear. If you don't have a backup of the DB, it's bad news. If there was not a description header in you upload file, I don't see where EP could have done that. I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

I just installed EP and after a few warning errors and corrections, it seems to upload just fine. The problem is that the products are not getting updated. The only change I made in this upload (my first) was to delete one product and add in some model numbers that were missing. When I go into my catalog, the product deleted is still there and none of the missing models numbers are there.

Marcia

Model numbers are a requirement of this contribution. they must exist before doing an update since this is the item it will matchup with the item in the shop database. This contribution does not delete products. Please read though the entire docs.

Hi

My EP installation works fine exept when I mark the attributes box then excel give me a warning that the file did not load fully. Then I get the header row and under that 1065 the query was empty [tep stop].

I searched this thread and tried several thing but nothing works.

Thanks

Wilco

If you have many attributes to work with, this contribution will not work with excel. Excel has a limit to the number of columns it will work with. This is by far an "ideal" solution. Try limiting the number products you export. I would not suggest to anyone that they try to manage their products attributes using EP. This was originally designed to be used to export product from one shop and import to another.

Hi...

i have exactly the same problem, but i do not understand what your solution was?

I use

MySQL 4.1.10a

Apache/2.0.53 (Linux/SUSE)

PHP 5.0.3 (Zend: 2.0.3)

I know my EP worked on my old server. Since i have had not used it in a while, i don t know the reason for the crash.

This is the error i get:

Warning: %v%v() [function.%v]: Empty delimiter. in /var/www/vhosts/distra-gmbh.de/subdomains/shop/httpdocs/osc/admin/easypopulate.php on line 703

PLEASE give me a hint what to do... drives me crazy...

what EP version are you using?

Hi,

I've had various versions of Easy Populate which I have got to look right in the admin view. However, what happens is that whenever I click to download the files, nothing happens! It seems to refresh the page, but I don't get a pop-up to choose where to download the file. I wondered if it might be my security settings, and tried to download to the temp folder, but again..nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on what I've done wrong here? Ta muchly! :blink:

If you are using v2.76d. then most likely you have a problem with globals on your server. This version is not using globals correctly.

Hi,

I am getting the following error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jan02-1604.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phplh2Co4' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jan02-1604.csv' in /home/html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phplh2Co4

User filename: EP2007Jan02-1604.csv

Size: 23894

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jan02-1604.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 841

Warning: fopen($DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/EP2007Jan02-1604.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 867

##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.

I know others have had this problem and it is related to the setting of DOCUMENT_ROOT, I have mine set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT, no tick marks surrounding it. There is no trailing slash on my HTTP_SERVER or otherwise. The temp directory is located at /temp and is CHMOD to 777.

I have $show_ep_settings set to true, it shows my settings as this:

Temp Dir:

$DOCUMENT_ROOT/temp/

Split files on: 300 records

Model Num Size: 25

Price with tax: false

Replace quotes: true

Field seperator: comma

Excel safe output: true

Preserve tab/cr/lf: true

Category depth: 7

Enable attributes: true

SEF Froogle URLS: false

I've been reading and reading posts regarding this error but have yet to find one who shows a solution. I have not a clue as to what needs to be done at this point, any help appreciated.

Oh yeah and, PLEASE HELP!

max_osb, you missed it, see post #4884 above

Installed Modules:

Dynamenu, InfoBox Admin, Master Products v.1.2, Header Tags Controller, Multiple Products Manager, Quick Edit in Admin, Secure Admin, Ultimate SEO URL's, EZ Secure Order, Easy Populate v.2.76d MS2, AuthorizeNet_AIM, ChangeFinal Breadcrumb Title, FedEx Labels, Fedex Direct 2.06, How Did you Hear 1.5, Login a la Amazon, UPS XML 1.2.4, USPS Labels, USPS Methods API MS2