• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I AM using register globals fix but I just went through and tool out the register globals patch and its doing the same thing...

Strike that sorry.. when I undo the register globals patch (IE REVERT BACK TO UNPATCHED FILES) I get the error REGISTER GLOBALS IS DISABLED IN YOUR PHP fix it in PHP.INI or HTTACCESS

I AM using register globals fix but I just went through and tool out the register globals patch and its doing the same thing...

I'll be perfectly frank, I'm surprised this code still works at all. :'(

It has gratuitious use of globals and not correctly, but we do with what we got. I just wanted to add some features.

try this, find near the top:

global $filelayout, $filelayout_count, $filelayout_sql, $langcode, $fileheaders;

and add after:

$filelayout = '';
$filelayout_count = '';
$filelayout_sql = '';
$langcode = '';
$fileheaders = '';

you will probably find more problems along these lines. Now that I know the original code is not working for everyone, I'll try some other corrective measures in a new release.

Edited by surfalot

Strike that sorry.. when I undo the register globals patch (IE REVERT BACK TO UNPATCHED FILES) I get the error REGISTER GLOBALS IS DISABLED IN YOUR PHP fix it in PHP.INI or HTTACCESS

that would be why you need that patch

hi we are working with EP now for a few days and we ran into two problems

one problem is that after import the " quotes are changed into "

they " quates are for hyperlinks within the product subscription

after the import it also adds http://vliegeruit.com/ocs in front of he url of the hyperlink if i change the " manual back its all right the link is oke again (but 6000 productimport will be a long work than )

Remove all quotes from your tags before you import

Hey guys and girls,

I have my EP working fine... But im a little bit confused, how do i set up my product attributes? I have the option in my EP file layout, but im not for sure how i use it? I have some products that require different sizes and colors etc. It would be great if someone would just give me a run through, then I think i can figure it out from there. Thank

Jon

Hi folks i wonder if someone could help me?

I have been successfully using Easy populate for months now without any problem. I have now expanded my catalogue to add various different pairs of shoe. i created an initial listing of a pair of these shoes using the web interface so that when i downloaded the .csv i would have a pair that i could copy and then change price/size etc without having to input all of the data.

When i upload despite puting in the "0's" next to the attribute i want to appear nothing is coming up on the site?? the listings are on the site but no attributes?

any ideas what could have caused this problem?

View recent 'helpfull' threads:

403 Error problems | Ultimate SEO (contribution support)

I have been able to get easypopulate to work for me.

There is something unique I need to do and wonder if easypopulate will work for what I want.

I have all my books already imported into my new store.

I need to add reviews for the books. I need to gather them from various places and then put them into a database.

I am wondering if there is a way to use easypopulate to import the database that will have the reviews.

If not, does anyone know what SQL Query could be created that will add the reviews.

Inserting a SQL Query for each review would still be quicker than me entering each item manually.

Hi All,

I just installed EP and I set

excel_safe_output = true

and

show_ep_settings = true

and when I try to "upload and import EP file" I get...

Easy Populate 2.76d-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpgzJwkk

User filename: import.txt

Size: 272

Warning: file(/home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/tempimport.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: fopen(/home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/tempimport.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/admin/easypopulate.php on line 831

##Can not open CSV file for reading. Script will terminate.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Don

I have my EP working fine... But im a little bit confused, how do i set up my product attributes? I have the option in my EP file layout, but im not for sure how i use it? I have some products that require different sizes and colors etc. It would be great if someone would just give me a run through, then I think i can figure it out from there.

You may want to add some attribute to some products in the shop, then export and see how the file looks. For a shop with relatively few products and light use of attributes, EP's attribute support would be OK to use to move catalogs from shop to shop. EP's file format is seriously redundant and the attributes section can get pretty wild.

I have been able to get easypopulate to work for me.

There is something unique I need to do and wonder if easypopulate will work for what I want.

I have all my books already imported into my new store.

I need to add reviews for the books. I need to gather them from various places and then put them into a database.

I am wondering if there is a way to use easypopulate to import the database that will have the reviews.

If not, does anyone know what SQL Query could be created that will add the reviews.

Inserting a SQL Query for each review would still be quicker than me entering each item manually.

EP doesn't have that ability. the way I would approach it is to export your entire database, add 1 review, then export again. Then compare the 2 exports with a compare tool like Winmerge. It should be clear by the comparison, what needs to be in your SQL

What did I do wrong?

check and make sure this is where you wanted your temp folder to be and that it is writeable (see docs).

/home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/

check and make sure this is where you wanted your temp folder to be and that it is writeable (see docs).

/home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/

I see the temp directory as...

Temp Dir:

/home/ideacha1/public_html/cart/temp

and the permissions are 777.

Are seeing cart as the temp directory?

Thanks,

Don

I see the temp directory as...

and the permissions are 777.

Are seeing cart as the temp directory?

Thanks,

Don

I got the errors fixed, in easypopulate.php I missed the / at the end of the temp directory setting.

But now if I "Upload and Import EP File" it does not seem to import anything, nor do I get any errors???

Thanks,

Don

You may want to add some attribute to some products in the shop, then export and see how the file looks. For a shop with relatively few products and light use of attributes, EP's attribute support would be OK to use to move catalogs from shop to shop. EP's file format is seriously redundant and the attributes section can get pretty wild.

Thanks for the great reply. I will do this.. By the way the previous question that i had about my EP not being able to download a complete.txt file is still not working. I tried the other version that you had sugested but still no go. I rembember before i upgraded there a fix for this but unfortunaly i did not back up my old EP.php File so I could have looked over it lol. I figured i knew EP enough. LOL Thank again if you can help me out with that also.

Jon

Thanks for the great reply. I will do this.. By the way the previous question that i had about my EP not being able to download a complete.txt file is still not working. I tried the other version that you had sugested but still no go. I rembember before i upgraded there a fix for this but unfortunaly i did not back up my old EP.php File so I could have looked over it lol. I figured i knew EP enough. LOL Thank again if you can help me out with that also.
I got the errors fixed, in easypopulate.php I missed the / at the end of the temp directory setting.

But now if I "Upload and Import EP File" it does not seem to import anything, nor do I get any errors???

are either of you using the globals fix for osCommerce?

Hi All,

I just installed EP and I set

excel_safe_output = true

and

show_ep_settings = true

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Don

Lok like you have a problem with the TEMP folder link.

Did you update that correctly in the proper php file? Check the manual for this.

Hello, I want to do one thing with this contibution, but i can't. The problem is this:

I receive from my supplier a .xls file that have all products (with new products, changed products and without inactive products), and i want update my store but want to know which are the new, changed and deactivated products.

There is any code for that?

maybe a function in excel or a php script, please help me!!!!

im driving nuts with this.

Thanks for any help

KUBICO from Portugal

I am getting this error when I try to upload files that I have downloaded. Also, in the configure.php file, I don't see where I can change DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT. Any help?

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Dec19-1604.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/var/tmp/php50RCbF' to '/home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Dec19-1604.txt' in /home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 43

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/php50RCbF

User filename: EP2006Dec19-1604.txt

Size: 22591

Warning: file(/home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Dec19-1604.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 805

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 844

your problem is with this portion:

catalog//catalog/temp/

what is your temp file setting in your easypopulate.php file?

what do you have in your configure.php file?

your problem is with this portion:

catalog//catalog/temp/

what is your temp file setting in your easypopulate.php file?

what do you have in your configure.php file?

I saw the catalog//catalog/temp/ error but didn't know how to fix it. my temp folder is chmod to 777. here is my configure.php

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://st130.startlogic.com');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://st130.startlogic.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://st130.startlogic.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', true); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/~repairin/shop/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/~repairin/shop/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/repairin/public_html/shop/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'repairin_p_os1');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'bigbetbi');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'repairin_p_os1');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>