• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I have two questions.

- How do I upload my excell .txt file of 450 item to the db without it timing out.

- If I add another 50 items to the spreadsheet, do I upload the WHOLE 500 items again or di I erase the 450 items already uploaded and just upload the new .txt file with 50 items.

I uploaded 300 items and its been 5 minute and nothing changed. The status bar is stuck at 1/2.

Thx

darn I hate this time limit on editing the post!

ok just to let you know i uploaded the .txt file in /catalog/temp/ and loaded it the option in EP.

a lot got created and updated but then I got this error.

1226 - User 'topdecal_gdl357' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

select options_values_price, price_prefix from products_attributes where products_id = '341' and options_id ='2' and options_values_id = '57'

[TEP STOP]

lso please answer the above questions.

Thank you!

darn I hate this time limit on editing the post!

ok just to let you know i uploaded the .txt file in /catalog/temp/ and loaded it the option in EP.

a lot got created and updated but then I got this error.

1226 - User 'topdecal_gdl357' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

select options_values_price, price_prefix from products_attributes where products_id = '341' and options_id ='2' and options_values_id = '57'

[TEP STOP]

lso please answer the above questions.

Thank you!

Split the file. As long as you keep the same model number, EP will not duplicate the item, it will update any changes.

Split the file. As long as you keep the same model number, EP will not duplicate the item, it will update any changes.

and how do I split a file that still needs to get to my db?

I am not a guru so please bare with me.

do you mean edit the excel file and create 3 of them of 100 items each and then upload 1 file at a time?

Edited by gdl357

OK so I managed to upload my 400+ items to the db. Now I can't download the file to my PC so I can work on it. My screen gives a sever not found The page cannot be displayed white page IE error. All I can do is make a backup in tools to the server.

My db 400kB.

This is crazy. What happens when I need to dn a db that has 1000 items in it???

Edited by gdl357

ummmmm, you just uploaded it, why not work on the sheets you used to upload?

you are using a shared server where the timeout is set to a tough limit to work with.

Hi all,

I have been searching this thread, but could not find an answer to this:

After editing the product list and uploading it again, the products get mangled up.

I do have some html in my product descriptions and set the 'character conversion' to 'true', also keeping all the headers.

Last line always says 'products_model field in record. This line was not imported '

Where can be the error?

Thanks!

Su

oscommerce 2.2-MS2 EP_v2_76d_MS2

Hi all,

After editing the product list and uploading it again, the products get mangled up.

I do have some html in my product descriptions and set the 'character conversion' to 'true', also keeping all the headers.

Last line always says 'products_model field in record. This line was not imported '

Where can be the error?

Thanks!

Su

In the pdf that comes with this contribution, I think it says that this field needs to be unique number for each item.

EasyPopulate requires the use of the product_model field (model number). It won't work

without the model number. The model numbers you assign must be unique, i.e. you

can't give all your products a product_model of "test".

If it sees a value that is the same as one already in the db then it skips it. Also, I think this is what it always reports when it reaches the end of the file.

Hi all,

Remove all quotes from your HTML tags

Where can be the error?

this is normal for the last line

Hi guys, I talked to Ipowerweb, my hosting company, about my server timeout problem. They said everything is fine at their end. I stll can't get it dn the db every time now that its big.

Create Files in Temp Dir

Create entire file in server memory then save to Temp Dir after completed.

Create Complete .txt file in temp dir

works 1 in 10 times.

Hi HallMark and pixclinic,

I named all products via Excel with numbers and deleted all quotes from the html tags.

but it still happily screams !New Product! and mixes up all colums and lines.

Thanks

Su

Hi HallMark and pixclinic,

I named all products via Excel with numbers and deleted all quotes from the html tags.

but it still happily screams !New Product! and mixes up all colums and lines.

Thanks

Su

need to see what you see :-)

the first 5 rows of the confirmation first

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpsBffWo

User filename: EP2006Dec01-0910.txt

Size: 47696

| 1 | LBtinkture | 17 Pallas | Joy, creat | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

Hi guys, I talked to Ipowerweb, my hosting company, about my server timeout problem. They said everything is fine at their end. I stll can't get it dn the db every time now that its big.

Create Files in Temp Dir

Create entire file in server memory then save to Temp Dir after completed.

Create Complete .txt file in temp dir

works 1 in 10 times.

SHOULD I TRY THIS???

7. The following is not required to run this contribution. This may help many with large databases. It was submitted by UGLi 6 May 2006. It is a SQL command you run in your SQL tool provided by your host, such as phpMyAdmin. Copy and paste the following line in your SQL command tool:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD INDEX `idx_products_model` ( `products_model` );

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpsBffWo

| 1 | LBtinkture | 17 Pallas | Joy, creat | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

This is the first row only. We need several in order to help you.

Could you also post a link to the txt file you are trying to upload. Thanks

Edited by pixclinic

This is the first row only. We need several in order to help you.

Could you also post a link to the txt file you are trying to upload. Thanks

Thanks for your help!

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpON0p0G

| 2 | LBtinkture | 16 Hilario | Life's | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 3 | LBtinkture | 15 Saint G | Free choic | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 4 | LBtinkture | 05 Christ | Truth and | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 5 | LBtinkture | 06 Djwal K | Self-assur | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 6 | LBtinkture | 07 Sanat K | Glad to li | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

are the 1st five lines, the file is at

http://www.mysticalbazaar.com/files/EP2006Dec01-0910.txt

Thanks again

Su

Thanks for your help!

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpON0p0G

| 2 | LBtinkture | 16 Hilario | Life's | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 3 | LBtinkture | 15 Saint G | Free choic | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 4 | LBtinkture | 05 Christ | Truth and | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 5 | LBtinkture | 06 Djwal K | Self-assur | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

| 6 | LBtinkture | 07 Sanat K | Glad to li | | | | | | | | 29.95 | 0 | | 11/16/2006 | 1 | 6 | Scented Au | | | 16 | Aura Spray | | | | 19 | Tincture | | | | 7 | Scented Oi | | | 14 | Scented Oi | | | 0 | 15 | Tincture | | | 0 | Lightbeing | Light Bein | Masters | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

are the 1st five lines, the file is at

http://www.mysticalbazaar.com/files/EP2006Dec01-0910.txt

Thanks again

Su

try not to deal with attributes (I could never get them to work properly), remove the apostrophes from your descriptions by esacping them : ' becomes ' and see if it gets better.

try not to deal with attributes (I could never get them to work properly), remove the apostrophes from your descriptions by esacping them : ' becomes ' and see if it gets better.

Looks like I cannot use this contribution for editing my existing 70 products, because they definitely need attributes.

I already tried to upload a file without apostrophes before... same mess.

Do you know a similar contribution that works?

Thaanks

I had some trouble with the "last stable" 2.76c. I tried it on the default test data that comes with osC. Because of the tabs in the test data, wouldn't export and import without error. Tried with comma deliniation, same problem. So I added my own solution. I called it "excel safe output". It was uploaded a few days ago. v2.76d.

You need to upload the two files: easypopulate.php & easypopulate_functions.php in place of the ones you already have setup, then upload the table_block.php class file (patched for a known bug). Then enable the "excel safe output" in the options at the top of easypopulate.php.

It should format your output to excel format cvs which will open in excel allow edits and resave to the same csv format file, then upload back into easypopulate. I would like some feedback from one of the many folks that seem to be having trouble with the tabs, comma, quotes and double-quotes.

hope it helps.