• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I need some help from somebody familiar with Easy Populate out there.

If i UPDATE my products with EP, it loads and updates OK, shows product updated.

However, now my products show up in 2 or 3 other categories that they do not belong in! GPS products in with kitcenware...

It happens even when I update with the same .txt file that they were loaded with. The only way I do not get wierd categories is if I wipe out all products and categories and load from scratch. I sure don't want to have to do that every time I need to update.

Any ideas?

Chris Colman :'(

It is probably because the EP uses extra image fields that you don;t have installed.

you need to comment these fields in the EP file to make them inactive.

Pixc - How do you edit out all of this information? I am getting a very similar error when I goto download the ep complete file. I am getting

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_price1_qty' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

i thought that i had found all the areas to edit everything out, but i guess I was wrong.

any and all help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Pixc - How do you edit out all of this information? I am getting a very similar error when I goto download the ep complete file. I am getting

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_price1_qty' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

i thought that i had found all the areas to edit everything out, but i guess I was wrong.

any and all help you can provide is appreciated.

Thank you in advance

search for the code you just pasted in your previous post in your EP file, and remove

p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks,

if you don't use quantity price breaks in your store

look carefully in your file for every occurence of this and take it out

search for the code you just pasted in your previous post in your EP file, and remove

p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks,

if you don't use quantity price breaks in your store

look carefully in your file for every occurence of this and take it out

Perfect!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!! I got it to Upload and Download properly doing just what you said.

One more question, and everything will be 100%.

I am creating a site for printer cartridges. one of the extra fields that i have is printer compatibility.

Right now the way it shows up is.

Printer Compatibility: Printer 1, Printer 2, Printer 3, ........

Is there a way for me to make it show up

Printer Compatibility: Printer 1

Printer 2

Printer 3

I know that this is not part of easy populate... but i saw you were active in the new fields forum too.

THank you again

creating a site for printer cartridges. one of the extra fields that i have is printer compatibility.

Right now the way it shows up is.

Printer Compatibility: Printer 1, Printer 2, Printer 3, ........

Is there a way for me to make it show up

Printer Compatibility: Printer 1

Printer 2

Printer 3

just enter some basic HTML in your extra field when you enter your data in it

<b>Printer Compatibility</b>:
<ul>
<li>Printer 1
<li>Printer 2
<li>Printer 3
</ul>

and that will do the trick :-)

Edited by pixclinic

just enter some basic HTML in your extra field when you enter your data in it

<b>Printer Compatibility</b>:
<ul>
<li>Printer 1
<li>Printer 2
<li>Printer 3
</ul>

and that will do the trick :-)

ok..... I will try that on the next upload.... one more thing that I just noticed.... Is there a way for me to set in easypopulate defaul category images?

In the older version, i used to be able to control a default picture if i did not have one, and also a default image for the categories as well.

Is there a way to do the same now? I trying going into mySQL, and defaulting the category image field to heading.gif

Thank you again for your help

Hello,

I am using this contribution and it is working great.

I just have one question I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have an extra field for my products (this is not through the products extra field contribution) it is the Display MSRP & Savings contribution. This contribution has added an extra field to my product which is nice and useful. Now what I'm looking for is to be able to download this field using the EasyPopulate and also upload/update the information.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Hello,

I am using this contribution and it is working great.

I just have one question I was wondering if anyone could help.

I have an extra field for my products (this is not through the products extra field contribution) it is the Display MSRP & Savings contribution. This contribution has added an extra field to my product which is nice and useful. Now what I'm looking for is to be able to download this field using the EasyPopulate and also upload/update the information.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

if this field is added to your "products" table, it's pretty easy to add it to your easypopulate:

locate the exact name of field and add it everywhere in easypopulate by cloning a field like "product_name": do a complete search in the file and insert your field name next to it. It takes some time, but can be painless if you have a good HTML editor

if this field is added to your "products" table, it's pretty easy to add it to your easypopulate: ...

pixclinic,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, the field is in products table and it is called "products_msrp". But I'm not sure how to update my easypopulate page.

Here is my easypopulate page.

Edited by omidhz

Regards,

pixclinic,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, the field is in products table and it is called "products_msrp". But I'm not sure how to update my easypopulate page.

Here is my easypopulate page.

It's not difficult, you just have to clone a field like product_name, or product ID in your EP file.

Doesn't require programming skills, just common sense.. and some time.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fhlinux184/p/************.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/easypopulate.php:1) in /home/fhlinux184/p/************.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Regards

Steve

Regards

Steve

is there a way to set a default category pic in easy populate? the way it is now, pics do not load for the category, and i have to go into the admin and add them in manually.

Is there a default setting that I can do in either easypopulate.php, or in the actual EP file???

is there a way to set a default category pic in easy populate? the way it is now, pics do not load for the category, and i have to go into the admin and add them in manually.

Is there a default setting that I can do in either easypopulate.php, or in the actual EP file???

Tell me if it's a stupid idea, but why don't you try to your MyPhp admin and replace the NULL default value of the categories_image field from the categories table by a "defaultimage.jpg" (without the quotes). Load defaultimage.jpg in your image directory and see what happens when you create a new category. Every new category created (even in admin mode, not only EP will then have this default image until you replace it)

Edited by pixclinic

Tell me if it's a stupid idea, but why don't you try to your MyPhp admin and replace the NULL default value of the categories_image field from the categories table by a "defaultimage.jpg" (without the quotes). Load defaultimage.jpg in your image directory and see what happens when you create a new category. Every new category created (even in admin mode, not only EP will then have this default image until you replace it)

i actually tried that (even though i am scared of that area), before i posted, and it is still not working.... the old easypopulate files used to be able to have a defaulted category image.... and product image too....

i just didnt know if this was still possible.

i actually tried that (even though i am scared of that area), before i posted, and it is still not working.... the old easypopulate files used to be able to have a defaulted category image.... and product image too....

i just didnt know if this was still possible.

That's right: in my easypopulate 3.0, I found this:

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif
//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';
//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';
//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing
$default_image_manufacturer = '';
$default_image_product = '';
$default_image_category = '';

but I don't see this capability in 2.8 or 2.9 for example...

Hey guys

Im pretty new to all this stuff and have recently done a fresh install of OSC and have added this contribution. Everything seemed to work fine except after i have downloaded the .txt file and alter it in excel i recieve the following error.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Im still working on the std database just until i get things running

Regards Thomas

Easy Populate 2.76c-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: c:/wamp/tmp\php62.tmp

User filename: EP2006Oct10-1111.txt

Size: 81842

| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Unterst?tz | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | 320.99 | 23 | 0000-00-00 | 10/10/2006 | 32 | 1 | Color | Farbe | Color | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 3 | Model | Modell | Modelo | 5 | Value | Value Ausg | Value | 0 | 6 | Premium | Premium Au | Premium | 100 | 7 | Deluxe | Deluxe Aus | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | PS/2 Ansch | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | USB Anschl | USB | | 4 | Memory | Speicher | Memoria | 1 | 4 mb | 4 MB | 4 mb | 0 | 2 | 8 mb | 8 MB | 8 mb | 50 | 3 | 16 mb | 16 MB | 16 mb | 70 | 4 | 32 mb | 32 MB | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | Version | Version | 10 | Download: | Download: | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| MG400-32MB | matrox/mg4 | Matrox G40 | Dramatical | www.matrox | Matrox G40 | Neu! Matro | www.matrox | Matrox G40 | Dramatical | www.matrox | 534.99 | 23 | 0000-00-00 | 10/10/2006 | 32 | 1 | Color | Farbe | Color | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 3 | Model | Modell | Modelo | 5 | Value | Value Ausg | Value | | 6 | Premium | Premium Au | Premium | 0 | 7 | Deluxe | Deluxe Aus | Deluxe | 120 | 8 | PS/2 | PS/2 Ansch | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | USB Anschl | USB | | 4 | Memory | Speicher | Memoria | 1 | 4 mb | 4 MB | 4 mb | | 2 | 8 mb | 8 MB | 8 mb | | 3 | 16 mb | 16 MB | 16 mb | -10 | 4 | 32 mb | 32 MB | 32 mb | 0 | 5 | Version | Version | Version | 10 | Download: | Download: | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's fastest graphics chip, the Millennium G400 Series takes explosive acceleration' at line 3

UPDATE products_description SET products_name='Matrox G400 32MB', products_description='Dramatically Different High Performance Graphics

Introducing the Millennium G400 Series - a dramatically different, high performance graphics experience. Armed with the industry's fastest graphics chip, the Millennium G400 Series takes explosive acceleration two steps further by adding unprecedented image quality, along with the most versatile display options for all your 3D, 2D and DVD applications. As the most powerful and innovative tools in your PC's arsenal, the Millennium G400 Series will not only change the way you see graphics, but will revolutionize the way you use your computer.

Key features:

* New Matrox G400 256-bit DualBus graphics chip

* Explosive 3D, 2D and DVD performance

* DualHead Display

* Superior DVD and TV output

* 3D Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping

* Vibrant Color Quality rendering

* UltraSharp DAC of up to 360 MHz

* 3D Rendering Array Processor

* Support for 16 or 32 MB of memory

', products_url='www.matrox.com/mga/products/mill_g400/home.htm' WHERE products_id = '2' AND language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

replace any ' by '

it should fix your problem, I don't know why but some product don't take ' and other will take it well.

I have 108 products, the first 105 took all the ' and the last 3 never took them I had to put ' to make it work

check this link for the special character list

http://webdesign.about.com/library/bl_htmlcodes.htm

As this is a looong thread and right now i have limited time, allow me to ask you guys: what is the last good version of this contrib?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my bad english language!

As this is a looong thread and right now i have limited time, allow me to ask you guys: what is the last good version of this contrib?

Thanks in advance.

This thread is very long because this question has been asked 200 times in it ;)

There is no "good version" but "a version that is right for you"

I use several versions and depending on the MODs I have on them, I chose between 2.7 and 3.0

provide a list of your MODs we might be able to able you to choose

Edited by pixclinic

This thread is very long because this question has been asked 200 times in it ;)

There is no "good version" but "a version that is right for you"

I use several versions and depending on the MODs I have on them, I chose between 2.7 and 3.0

provide a list of your MODs we might be able to able you to choose

Ok, I get it.

I have the following mods:

- customers_extra_fields

- extra_images_with_admin1_3

- EZ_Price_Updater

- Fixed Width Site With CSS

- Order_IP_Recorder_1.4 addon

- best_sellers_rolling_1

- dynamic_sitemap v 2.0

- Java Categories

- New Products Changing

- osC-Cache_v1.1a

- Purchase Without Account_0.910

- Switch between Displaying Prices Inc_Ex VAT.

Hope this helps.

- extra_images_with_admin1_3

Hope this helps.

this mod adds extra images to the product in a separate table, thus making very difficult to have EP managing this if you are not an expert programmer. I would say if you can live without the extra images being managed, you may work with a 2.8 or 2.9

If you want your extra images working with EP, 2 options:

1) you hore a php expert programmer (and he/she will need to be an Oscommerce expert too, don;t know if if worth the price you will have to pay)

2) you uninstall the extra_images_with_admin1_3 MOD and replace it by a mod that intergrates the images in the "products" table, not in a separate table

like mopics: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1611/

and use an easy populate version that handles these extra image fields (called v_products_subimage1,v_products_subimage2 etc...) or something similar. I have a version 2.8 opened in front of me now, and it has them

Hope this helps

Can you give me a link to a good 2.8 or 2.9 version? I see there are more than one of each version and I don't know wich one to choose. Thanks. ;)