• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

i would bet your host changed your php version to 5, look for the php 5 fix. to check, go to tools/server info in store/admin

you do not need to download to add products. many people download and then reupload, just use easy populate for what it was designed for, to upload products to your site.

keep multiple files, make it easier on yourself.

one file for eacy manufacturer or category.

I am on a dedicated server and I am the only one that could do that, so thats not the problem. Good thing you didnt bet. :D

Yes, I know, this is exactly how I use it. I just use the downloaded file for reference.

Any other ideas? I have made no changes to anything from the time it was working to the time it quit.

what do you have for php version in admin/tools/server info?

and just because you are on a dedicated, does not mean the host does not upgrade php.

PHP V4.4.3

It does if its my server!!!!!!!

Hey Brown Knight, I appreciate you trying to help but I got it figured out.

I done a restore from OSC and it removed the delimiter as it sees tabs as strings.

This was a big fat DUH

I knew this.

Thanks any way :thumbsup:

A while ago I added an extra feild to the easy populate download file. Managed to get the info to down load okay, but wouldn't upload :( Anyway got that sorted via a very helpful guy on this forum :D

Moving on, I've now added a second field, but I'm now stumped as nothing downloads. I wanted the product vendor ID added to the download/upload, so I can add that info before uploading.

Has anyone added product vendor ID to their downloads? and is it documented anywhere as I've been unable to find it

Thanks in advance of any help anyone can give :)

BTW I'm using MVS, hence the need to include product vendor ID

Snipped

BTW I'm using MVS, hence the need to include product vendor ID

After faffing around and double checking for a couple of hours I've now got it to work :D

Hey, I got a little question.

Is there anyway you can skip to write down the model name?

If not how do you change the navigator to show the produkt name and not the model name.

Looks like this now:

Top ? Katalog ? Ljud ? MP3 ? 1001

The numbers is the model name

And I want it to look like this:

Top ? Katalog ? Ljud ? MP3 ? ipod 4 GB

Hey, I got a little question.

Is there anyway you can skip to write down the model name?

If not how do you change the navigator to show the produkt name and not the model name.

Looks like this now:

Top ? Katalog ? Ljud ? MP3 ? 1001

The numbers is the model name

And I want it to look like this:

Top ? Katalog ? Ljud ? MP3 ? ipod 4 GB

your are in the wrong thread.

You may find this there:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1554

Hello,

Can i use this contribution with movie detail ?

Thanks you.

I'm afraid it won't if an "out of the box" EP file: this contrib uses extra tables which won't be taken in considerations. (this contrib works acts like a "products extra fields" contrib, very cumbersome to use with EP

If you want this to work with EP, you may have to take a differnt approach for your project: store all the movie details as REAL FIELS OF THE PRODUCTS table (versus a related table) and then add these fields to the EP file (duplicating all the fields, traking as an example the products_name)

the contrib to adding new fields (by Sandalwood) to the table products:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1158

That's a suggestion that you may consider... in any case, that requires heavy work...

I'm afraid it won't if an "out of the box" EP file: this contrib uses extra tables which won't be taken in considerations. (this contrib works acts like a "products extra fields" contrib, very cumbersome to use with EP

If you want this to work with EP, you may have to take a differnt approach for your project: store all the movie details as REAL FIELS OF THE PRODUCTS table (versus a related table) and then add these fields to the EP file (duplicating all the fields, traking as an example the products_name)

the contrib to adding new fields (by Sandalwood) to the table products:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1158

That's a suggestion that you may consider... in any case, that requires heavy work...

Pixclinic, thanks for the information :P

if likes that, i won't take the risk to do it ...

because i dun know php language ..

what i do is follow the insuction to edit ..

Hello,

i tried to find my answer in the forum, but i couldn't. Once i've my excel sheet to be exported to my data base, i do it but any product is update or added. Each time, the easypopulate creates new folders, but any product and any update.

Easypopulate doesn't tell me any mistake. Everything seems ok.

Could u help me?

Thanks,

Xavi

URGENT - HELP

My prices got all messed up so I'm using easypopulate to restore all the old prices back. however when I upload the database, nothing changes unless I'm modifying the FIRST product. anything below that doesn't change. Please help!!

Here is the output from the upload page:

FILE_UPLOAD_EP
TEMPORARY_FILENAME_EP/tmp/php1mw9Tr
USER_FILENAME_EPEP2006Oct02-1806.txt
SIZE_EP89332
| FEN6306 | FEN63061.j | FENDI HAND | FENDI HAND | 1364.98 | 2 | | 0000-00-00 | 0 | Fendi Hand | Handbags | | | --none-- | Active[b]UPDATE_EP[/b]
| FEN6305 | FEN6304 | FEN6303 | FEN6302 | FEN6301 | FEN6300 | FEN6299 | FEN6298 | FEN6297 | FEN6296 | FEN6295 | FEN6293 | FEN6292 | FEN6291 | FEN6290 | FEN6287 | FEN6286 | FEN6285 | PRA6268 | FEN6284 | FEN6276 | FEN6277 | FEN6268 | FEN6267 | FEN6266 | FEN6265 | FEN6261 | FEN6263 | FEN6203 | FEN6200 | FEN6136 | fen6015 | fen6101 | pra6266 | pra6265 | PRA6262 | PRA6260 | PRA6259 | PRA6258 | PRA6257 | PRA6253 | pra6252 | PRA6251 | pra6250 | PRA6247 | PRA6246 | PRA6242 | PRA6241 | pra6238 | PRA6236 | PRA6235 | PRA6234 | PRA6231 | pra6130 | pra6129 | pra6229 | pra6126 | pra6115 | pra6114 | pra6110 | pra6100 | MJC6033 | MJC6032 | mjc6031 | MJC6030 | MJC6029 | MJC6028 | mjc6027 | MJC6026 | mjc6025 | mjc6024 | mjc6023 | mjc6022 | mjc6021 | mjc6020 | MJC6019 | MJC6018 | MJC6017 | mjc6016 | MJC6002 | MJC6001 | MJC6001 | FER6112 | FER6111 | FRG6101 | fen9190 | FEN9189 | fen9188 | FEN9186 | FEN9185 | fen9184 | FEN9183 | FEN9169 | PRA9168 | PRA9161 | pra9159 | PRA9156 | pra9151 | pra9050 | FEN0011 | VUI0003 | VUI0002 | fen7005 | fen7004 | FEN7001 | FEN7000 | GUC9014 | MJC6020 | PRA6264 | FEN9192 | FEN9191 | PRA6269 | FEN6307 | LUXSET1 | LUXSET1 | PRA6240 | PRA6232 | PRA6271 | FEN6308 | FEN6301 | PRA6273 | MJC6035 | FEN6310 | FEN6311 | MJC6038 | MJC6037 | MJC6036 | COA6103 | FEN6312 | FEN6314 | FEN6313 |

As you can see the first line updates but anything after that doesn't change. For some reason that Update-EP happens after the first product then nothing updates.

Edited by shervin

Ive got a similar problem to the post above.

When I upload my tab-delimited file it will only update/new product the first item.

Ive tried versions 2.74, 2,78 and 3.0 and its the same everytime.

I know its not my tab-delimited file because im using the sample file that came with the contribution. Ive been using EP for quite a while but gave the website a break for a while, came back, got it running in xampp so I can edit offline and suddenly have this problem.

Sorry if this problem has been posted before but I cant get anything out of google or the forum search.

Can anyone help!?

Edited by rikpotts

Ive got a similar problem to the post above.

When I upload my tab-delimited file it will only update/new product the first item.

Ive tried versions 2.74, 2,78 and 3.0 and its the same everytime.

I know its not my tab-delimited file because im using the sample file that came with the contribution. Ive been using EP for quite a while but gave the website a break for a while, came back, got it running in xampp so I can edit offline and suddenly have this problem.

Sorry if this problem has been posted before but I cant get anything out of google or the forum search.

Can anyone help!?

Sorry for the double post, it wouldnt let me edit......

Ive had this problem for over a week now. 2mins after I post my problem I fixed it!

xampp was set to php5. I just knocked it back to php4 and it worked.

Hopefully it will solve the problem two posts above this one?

Edited by rikpotts

Hi :rolleyes:

our store is in the United States and I've got the OSCommerce set to show the subtotal and add sales tax during the check-out process. It works when I fill the product details in through the ADMIN but when I fill the price in into the EP and upload - it shows the price LESS tax (for example - enter $55 and it shows $51.64!). $55 is the SUBTOTAL and and that's what it needs to show. The only way I can fix this is to go to ADMIN-CATALOG-Categories/Products and move it from --> Products Price (Gross): 55 to Products Price (Net): [put $55 in here]. Then it works.

Is there a way to do this through the EP spreadsheet?

Thank you in advance for all your replies,

:thumbsup: Grateful Jan

PS: One more question for all you smart people out there - I have some sizes predefined in the ADMIN-CATALOG... such as small, medium, large, super large and as long as I fill these in into the fields in the EP - it takes it. But when I try to put in extra large instead of super large - it just shows super large on the website (after I upload the EP file) ... does anyone know how to change the size attributes through the spreadsheet file?

Edited by romantix

Hi :rolleyes:

our store is in the United States and I've got the OSCommerce set to show the subtotal and add sales tax during the check-out process. It works when I fill the product details in through the ADMIN but when I fill the price in into the EP and upload - it shows the price LESS tax (for example - enter $55 and it shows $51.64!). $55 is the SUBTOTAL and and that's what it needs to show. The only way I can fix this is to go to ADMIN-CATALOG-Categories/Products and move it from --> Products Price (Gross): 55 to Products Price (Net): [put $55 in here]. Then it works.

look in your easypopulate file, and take appropriate action :-)

//**** Price includes tax? ****
// Set the v_price_with_tax to
// 0 if you want the price without the tax included
// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.
global $price_with_tax;
$price_with_tax = false;

be sure you are on false

Hello rikpotts,

thank you for your help, but what does xampp mean? how can i change it?

Thank u very much,

Xavi

Yes, what is xampp?!

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

I use it to edit my site offline. You need to edit your configure.php files and I also backup then delete the htaccess files.

HELP, I?ve arranged my EP files so that it closely matches my suppliers data file so I can update stock levels. The problem is that EP sets products as inactive if the quantity is 0. What?s that about? I don?t want to do that, its now good for SEO or for customers. Whats the point in the active/inactive column if easypopulate ignores it? You can usually have a product set to active with 0 stock. Is there anyway around this bug? The file is 10000 items long so human editing is out.

Edited by Caios

HELP, I?ve arranged my EP files so that it closely matches my suppliers data file so I can update stock levels. The problem is that EP sets products as inactive if the quantity is 0. What?s that about? I don?t want to do that, its now good for SEO or for customers. Whats the point in the active/inactive column if easypopulate ignores it? You can usually have a product set to active with 0 stock. Is there anyway around this bug? The file is 10000 items long so human editing is out.

in my Easypopulate file, there is a section that looks like:

//**** Status Field Setting ****
// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system
// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!
// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.
global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;
$active = 'Active';
$inactive = 'Inactive';
//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet
$zero_qty_inactive = false;