• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I have installed EP v2.76 (26-07-2005) on my local computer server and it works fine, however when I tried to test it online from a rent server, everything works fine except the upload function, when I tried to use the upload function, I got the following error.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on this server.

Does anyone knows whats wrong? I have tried to get it fixed for the last six months but still no hope :'(

It works fine on my local computer server but once I put it on a rent server online, it just doesnt let me upload :'(

Please help me... :(

I've got my EP to down load and upload reasonably okay, however I'm experienceing problems with the product status.

All my products were active before I carried out a download, then after a reload (no changed to thedb) I find all but about 5 of the 300+ products have been set to inactive!

My db has the 'v_status' col set to active.

Can anyone shed some light on why this error/change is occurring please?

Thanks in advance of any help

Steve

Hi,

I have following problem when I try to upload file:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phppzN0o0

User filename: EP2006Aug23-1705.txt

Size: 45004

Warning: file(/var/www/web1/web/2539/EP_TEMP_DIREP2006Aug23-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web1/web/2539/admin/easypopulate.php on line 719

As far as I can notice der is no directory separator ("/") in between EP_TEMP_DIREP2006 and Aug23-1705.txt

Why? What is causing this?

Part of code:

echo "<p class=smallText>";

echo FILE_UPLOAD_EP . "<br>";

echo TEMPORARY_FILENAME_EP . $usrfl . "<br>";

echo USER_FILENAME_EP . $usrfl_name . "<br>";

echo SIZE_EP . $usrfl_size . "<br>";

// get the entire file into an array

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . EP_TEMP_DIR . $usrfl_name);

}

if ($localfile){

// move the file to where we can work with it

Regards,

Nenad

I've got my EP to down load and upload reasonably okay, however I'm experienceing problems with the product status.

All my products were active before I carried out a download, then after a reload (no changed to thedb) I find all but about 5 of the 300+ products have been set to inactive!

My db has the 'v_status' col set to active.

Can anyone shed some light on why this error/change is occurring please?

Thanks in advance of any help

Steve

Best I reply to myself :D

To help others - Basically EP has a line of code that detects qty of products, if 0, it sets product as inactive.

So to overide this default setting, open catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

(approx line 71) Find $zero_qty_inactive = true;

simply add // at the start of the line.

Job done. :)

I did actually add some text on mine to explain why I commented out the line. So anyone else can quickly identify whats been done :)

New problem :(

I can down load okay, edit the text file and upload again without problems. However if I add new products to the text file and try to upload it, I get and error.

The upload goes fine, displaying all the text of the original products, then comes a stop and display this error message

snipped.......

| TestMLNo | mls10027s. | steves thi | descriptio | | 2311 | 0 | | 16/08/2006 | 0 | 1 | shower tra | 1 | | White | 2 | | Ivory | 3 | | Whisper Pi | 4 | | Peach | 5 | | Whisper Pe | 6 | | Soft Cream | 7 | | Champagne | 8 | | Cream | | steves new | | | --none-- | Active | !New Product!

1048 - Column 'products_date_added' cannot be null

INSERT INTO products ( vendors_prod_id, products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'mls10027s.jpg', 'TestMLNo', '2311', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "16/08/2006 16:18", NULL, '', '0', '0', '', 'NULL')

[TEP STOP]

Presumably this is the indicator of the problem - 1048 - Column 'products_date_added' cannot be null

I've tried leaving the date blank and copy and pasting a time from another product, but still get the same message.

Can anyone explain what may be going wrong please?

Thanks in advance :)

Steve

New problem :(

I can down load okay, edit the text file and upload again without problems. However if I add new products to the text file and try to upload it, I get and error.

The upload goes fine, displaying all the text of the original products, then comes a stop and display this error message Presumably this is the indicator of the problem - 1048 - Column 'products_date_added' cannot be null

I've tried leaving the date blank and copy and pasting a time from another product, but still get the same message.

Can anyone explain what may be going wrong please?

Thanks in advance :)

Steve

looks like your fields don't match because there is this vendors_prod_id. If we do a 1 to 1 match for this query, we have:

vendors_prod_id = 'mls10027s.jpg'

products_image = 'TestMLNo'

products_model = '2311'

products_price = '1',

products_status = CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

products_last_modified = "16/08/2006 16:18"

products_date_added = NULL,

products_date_available = '0'

products_tax_class_id = '0'

products_weight, products_quantity = 'NULL'

manufacturers_id =

As you can see, your values go in the wrong fields.

You need to remove the vendor product id field: your date added will always be null, no matter what you do !

you need to create first some products with your admin, "by hand".

then you download the "complete" txt file with the easypopulate interface: this will download a file with the structure.

Then, you work on the file by adding your content

Then you use the upload function of EP to populate your database

snip...

As you can see, your values go in the wrong fields.

You need to remove the vendor product id field: your date added will always be null, no matter what you do !

Hi Hugh, thanks for your reply.

You are correct, in that if I remove the vendor product id field it will import okay, however I need the vendor product id field.

I'd like to know why the values are not in the correct fields as I've used a 'good' file and added (copy & paste) new lines same as the previous good lines (with the exception of giving the v_products_model col a unique reference. EP only uploads products that are all ready in the database, though it update those products info?

Reading various threads, it seems its placement (vendor product id) in the code may cause problems, but I'm no coder so in a great need of some help

Thanks

Steve

ok im having some problems for some reason my first product will add, but the rest won't? I am not using ne \ slashes, and im pretty sure i set up easypopulate.php, now i have got this to work before? Any ideas?

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpV7jvZR

User filename: Alder.txt

Size: 27490

| 201805 | /28/CS24-A | 24" Tav | 24" Tav | | 80.696 | 18 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Carolina | Home and G | Furniture | Bar | | Updated

| 201836 4 | 201837 / | 201834 / | 201833 / | 201821 / | 201794 / | 201786 / | 201787 / | 201788 / | 201789 / | 201795 / | 201796 / | 201797 / | 201798 / | 201816 / | 201817 / | 201818 / | 201819 / | 201807 / | 201827 / | 201828 / | 201830 / | 201831 / | 201829 / | 201832 / | 201930 / | 201876 / | 201875 / | 201908 / | 201907 / | 201911 / | 201892 / | 201891 / | 201890 / | 201935 / | 201864 / | 201865 / | 201866 / | 201867 / | 201863 / | 201862 / | 201850 / | 201846 / | 201878 / | 201877 / | 201927 / | 201926 / | 201925 / | 201872 / | 201873 / | 201874 / | 201854 / | 201853 / | 201855 / | 201918 / | 201917 / | 201895 / | 201894 / | 201881 / | 201845 / | 201844 / | 201889 / | 201888 / | 201916 / | 201915 / | 201903 / | 201902 / | 201904 / | 201942 / | 201839 / | 201859 / | 201928 / | 201932 / | 201931 / | 201933 / | 201840 / | 201841 / | 201897 / | 201901 / | 201896 / | 201922 / | 201910 / | 201909 / | 201906 / | 201884 / | 201883 / | 201938 / | 201937 / | 201940 / | 201939 / | 201914 / | 201913 / | 201936 / | 201885 / | 201880 / | 201879 / | 201919 / | 201882 / | 201868 / | 201869 / | 201870 / | 201871 / | 201944 / | 201943 / | 201887 / | 201912 / |

ok im having some problems for some reason my first product will add, but the rest won't? I am not using ne \ slashes, and im pretty sure i set up easypopulate.php, now i have got this to work before? Any ideas?

what version of php are you using? if 5 search for the fix

You are correct, in that if I remove the vendor product id field it will import okay, however I need the vendor product id field.

I'd like to know why the values are not in the correct fields as I've used a 'good' file and added (copy & paste) new lines same as the previous good lines (with the exception of giving the v_products_model col a unique reference. EP only uploads products that are all ready in the database, though it update those products info?

Reading various threads, it seems its placement (vendor product id) in the code may cause problems, but I'm no coder so in a great need of some help

Thanks

Steve

did you add the vendor product id field to the import in ep?

Hi there. I have it working with only one problem... When I change a product's model number I would have expected it to remove the old (since it didn't exist in my file) and add the new product with the new model numbers. It doesn't and actually adds the new one but doesn't do anything to the old.....

Is there any easy fix (okay not a fix but an answer to my question)? Right now of course I can just go in and remove the products I do not want. I just figured there might be a way to always have a master list because in my case there are very few products for sale on our site.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there. I have it working with only one problem... When I change a product's model number I would have expected it to remove the old (since it didn't exist in my file) and add the new product with the new model numbers. It doesn't and actually adds the new one but doesn't do anything to the old.....

Is there any easy fix (okay not a fix but an answer to my question)? Right now of course I can just go in and remove the products I do not want. I just figured there might be a way to always have a master list because in my case there are very few products for sale on our site.

Thanks for your help.

ep will add a new product if there's a new model number for the product or if it's placed in a new category. but i believe you can remove the old product by typing "Delete" instead of "Active" in the v_status field, or you can set it as "InActive" to keep the item in your ep file without having it show up on your site.

HTH.

Mike

Thanks

Steve

I've now got my import problems sorted with the off-line help of one of our members whom I'm very grateful to, as I would never have sorted it on my own. Thank you for helping me with your valuble time. :D

Steve

I've now got my import problems sorted with the off-line help of one of our members whom I'm very grateful to, as I would never have sorted it on my own. Thank you for helping me with your valuble time. :D

Steve

You're welcome!

Ok, I just installed 2.79 and everything has been smooth. Even the download and upload of the .txt file is smooth. I only have one problem. After I click the Insert into Database button, everything looks to process ok but no product is added. I've checked the temp folder and the file is there and it sees it by looking at the results at the bottom of the page...which shows this

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQTjjEM

User filename: EP2006Aug25-2323.txt

SIZE_EP22858

But...no product is inserted. I'm only testing with one product and I do have the header row in.

There are 200+ pages in this thread and the search function of the forum doesn't give me anything really. Any ideas?

Ok, I just installed 2.79 and everything has been smooth. Even the download and upload of the .txt file is smooth. I only have one problem. After I click the Insert into Database button, everything looks to process ok but no product is added. I've checked the temp folder and the file is there and it sees it by looking at the results at the bottom of the page...which shows this

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQTjjEM

User filename: EP2006Aug25-2323.txt

SIZE_EP22858

But...no product is inserted. I'm only testing with one product and I do have the header row in.

There are 200+ pages in this thread and the search function of the forum doesn't give me anything really. Any ideas?

Hey is the permissons on your temp folder set to 777? Easy pop must be able to read and write to this folder for it to work.

Adam

what fix are you talking about?

I was having the same problem and found it was because I was running PHP version 5.. I found this FIX in this topic but not really talked about a lot it worked for me!

First check to see what version of PHP 5 you are running.

If you're not sure, go to admin > tools > server info ...php version # will be at the top.

I suspect it's PHP5.

IF THAT IS THE CASE,

In your easypopulate.php file

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace with this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

If it's NOT php5, don't change anything at this point.

I really can't rember who the post came from because I have been working on this site for two weeks straight with VARY little sleep! Sorry

ADAM

Hi Everyone

Im having problems with EP when trying to generate a file to download from my OsC database. Im running a large store, with something like 2000 products (that i uploaded using EP). I?ve already increased set_time_limit(), it really increased the time it takes to execute the script (im on a shared server but with safe_mode off) but finally, it fails with no errors, i just get a blank page. EP version is 2.76c-MS2. Any solution??

Thanks in advance,

Sebastian