• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

In the install documentation for v2.90b it has this:

For use with the Separate Price per Customer contrib:

Edit easypopulate.php. Find function ep_create_file_layout around line 655. Uncomment all rows in that function that look like this:

#'v_customer_price_1' => $iii++,

#'v_customer_group_id_1' => $iii++,

Only uncomment the pairs of lines for as many prices as you are using. I.E. If you are using Retail and Wholesale, then only umcomment the lines that end in _1 and _2. If you have 3 levels of prices, uncomment the _1, _2, and _3 lines.

What i want to know is where this code is in the file. I have done a search .. looked around line 655 and yet am able to not find anything corresponding to this.

I have installed:

SPPC

Quantity Price Breaks Per Customer

Product Extra Fields

as was mentioned to do so.

Well, it WAS working. I managed to get all my products uploaded and was doing some updating of the products descriptions. I tried to upload again to update the information and for some reason I now get the following error.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/EA data for EP.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpcVILCB' to '/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/EA data for EP.txt' in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpcVILCB

User filename: EA data for EP.txt

Size: 63118

Warning: file(/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/EA data for EP.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

I have made NO changes to any code so don't know what is wrong. Hope someone can fill me in.

Thanks

Well, it WAS working. I managed to get all my products uploaded and was doing some updating of the products descriptions. I tried to upload again to update the information and for some reason I now get the following error.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/EA data for EP.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpcVILCB' to '/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/EA data for EP.txt' in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpcVILCB

User filename: EA data for EP.txt

Size: 63118

Warning: file(/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/EA data for EP.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

I have made NO changes to any code so don't know what is wrong. Hope someone can fill me in.

Thanks

I just looked into the easypopulate_functions.php and found this:

<?php

function tep_get_uploaded_file($filename) {

if (isset($_FILES[$filename])) {

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $_FILES[$filename]['name'],

'type' => $_FILES[$filename]['type'],

'size' => $_FILES[$filename]['size'],

'tmp_name' => $_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']);

} elseif (isset($GLOBALS['HTTP_POST_FILES'][$filename])) {

global $HTTP_POST_FILES;

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['name'],

'type' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['type'],

'size' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['size'],

'tmp_name' => $HTTP_POST_FILES[$filename]['tmp_name']);

} else {

$uploaded_file = array('name' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_name'],

'type' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_type'],

'size' => $GLOBALS[$filename . '_size'],

'tmp_name' => $GLOBALS[$filename]);

}

return $uploaded_file;

}

// the $filename parameter is an array with the following elements:

// name, type, size, tmp_name

function tep_copy_uploaded_file($filename, $target) {

if (substr($target, -1) != '/') $target .= '/';

$target .= $filename['name'];

move_uploaded_file($filename['tmp_name'], $target);

}

Is this a complete file????

Thanks

I tried splitting a large file via easy populate adming. It whent through the process, no message came up sayng if it was completed or not and no files are in the temp folder on the server.

does anyone know what might be causing this?

I have the same problem. When I try splitting a file, I get nothing. No errors no split files. I have tried to change the timeout and number of records, but no luck.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Regards,

hello i need your help.

I ve installed 2.90b version and it works wonderfull.

But know i want to make EP works with mopics.

Does anyone knows what do i have to for that?

Where in yhe code do i have make the changes.

Could you please uplaod the easypopulate.php file which works with EP ?

hello i need your help.

I ve installed 2.90b version and it works wonderfull.

But know i want to make EP works with mopics.

Does anyone knows what do i have to for that?

Where in yhe code do i have make the changes.

Could you please uplaod the easypopulate.php file which works with EP ?

search in the versions that have been uploaded, I made one for Mopics (21 Apr 2006)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

Hello Thank you for your reply

I downloaded the version you' ve said.

I tried to make some changes but know i receive the following message

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_subimage1' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_subimage1 as v_products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2 as v_products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3 as v_products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4 as v_products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5 as v_products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6 as v_products_subimage6, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Obviously i don t have in my database a column subimage .

Could you be more precise?

Are you sure that works with mopics?

Could you please help me ?

Hello Thank you for your reply

I downloaded the version you' ve said.

I tried to make some changes but know i receive the following message

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_subimage1' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_subimage1 as v_products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2 as v_products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3 as v_products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4 as v_products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5 as v_products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6 as v_products_subimage6, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Obviously i don t have in my database a column subimage .

Could you be more precise?

Are you sure that works with mopics?

Could you please help me ?

mopics relies on fields called subimage_1, subimage_2 ... subimage_6 for the 6 extra images that this contrib allows. Double check that your database contains these fileds. they are in the table called products. When installing mopics, be sure you run the sql command that adds these fields to the table

Hi All,

Just installed the "extra fields" contrib and needed to get a export of my store. Ive followed the instructions but noticed a few things

Theres no configuration variables section that the documentation points to in the Easypopulate.php file

When I export the file, the delimter is called "EP_DELIMITER"

and I cant find out where you set the variable of paths to upload from the server..

Can anyone point me in the right direction pelase

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Solved my first problem. Ran the sql stuff and it worked fine.

Problem is now with the froogle export, all i seem to get when I run in the product_url field is

?products_id=87&language=1

?products_id=70&language=1

etc etc etc

any ideas on this one?

Main logo of the website

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hello!

I installed Easy Populate earlier today and am already loving the time that it is saving me.

The question I have is in regards to attributes. How does the file determine when to create an attribute for a product? Is it based on there being data in the attribute price field? I ask because some of my attributes don't have prices and when I did a test download and then reupload, I lost the attribute values that did not have prices next to them. Hope this makes sense.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

I am new to OSC and EP. I installed OSC and EP a week back and am struggling to uplad products.

Here is what I have done sofar -

1. Installed Easy Populater 2.72 MS2.

2. Export and download catalog and products tab delimited file.

3. I am new to PHP, so I wrote a program in java to convert my input file to the required format of OSC/EP

Problem: (Ref: http://dev.diytoolshub.com/shop/index.php)

Some of the categories appears with the parent as root. Please see the url above. I am not sure why this is happening. Can anyone please help me with this.

I see lots of people using osc/ep. So I must be definitely doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I am new to OSC and EP. I installed OSC and EP a week back and am struggling to uplad products.

Here is what I have done sofar -

1. Installed Easy Populater 2.72 MS2.

2. Export and download catalog and products tab delimited file.

3. I am new to PHP, so I wrote a program in java to convert my input file to the required format of OSC/EP

Problem: (Ref: http://dev.diytoolshub.com/shop/index.php)

Some of the categories appears with the parent as root. Please see the url above. I am not sure why this is happening. Can anyone please help me with this.

I see lots of people using osc/ep. So I must be definitely doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

I have found that the easiest way to do EP was to download a Froogle export for editing. You can do this off your EP screen in your Admin section. Then just edit the products and other product details leaving the basic structure. I was also able to delete alot of the fields that I didn't need.

Kelvin

can anyone tell me if EP can do more than 1 language at a time?
It can on the productside, but not for the category description.

Workaround: Do your categories first in all languages and than upload your products with ep. That works fine.

Thanks to VJ and Mibble! This is a great contrib'

EP worked well to load about 3-4K of products but now it won't export the full file. I can still get an abbreviated version.

I went to the DB and indexed product_names, model, price, image, and manufacturers_id trying to speed up the DB. It didn't work.

I changed the resource parameters in BASIC.INI to:

max_execution_time = 600

max_input_time = 600

memory_limit = 128M

and that didn't work.

I then went to my.ini and added the last three lines of the following:

# The MySQL server

[mysqld]

bind-address = 127.0.0.1

port = 3306

skip-locking

default-character-set=latin1

set-variable = key_buffer=32M

set-variable = max_allowed_packet=1M

set-variable = thread_stack=128K

set-variable = flush_time=1800

set-variable = max_connections=200

set-variable = read_buffer_size=16M

set-variable = sort_buffer_size=16M

while increasing the previous values above.

I read something in the hundreds of posts that I've read while trying to get EP to work about database performance that worked for somebody but I can't find it again. It seemed like a pretty easy fix at the time but I was just trying to get EP working then. Now I'm trying to keep it working and improve my store's performance as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm out of thoughts...

Thanks in advance for help,

Tom

I read something in the hundreds of posts that I've read while trying to get EP to work about database performance that worked for somebody but I can't find it again. It seemed like a pretty easy fix at the time but I was just trying to get EP working then. Now I'm trying to keep it working and improve my store's performance as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm out of thoughts...

Thanks in advance for help,

Tom

It was about indexing the Product_Model field in the SQL

It was about indexing the Product_Model field in the SQL

Thanks for the reply, Hugh!

I am not the best at DBA stuff... in fact, I'm at best a hack.

I made one index of products_image, products_model, products_price, and manufacturers_id. My thinking was that they all appeared in my product listings in the store and at the same time that I lost the ability to download from EP, I had a marked degredation in store performance, seemingly related to product listing speed.

Did I do the right thing, or can you suggest a better way to index? I did it through Toad because that is how I know to do it.

Thanks again,

Tom

Thanks for the reply, Hugh!

I am not the best at DBA stuff... in fact, I'm at best a hack.

I made one index of products_image, products_model, products_price, and manufacturers_id. My thinking was that they all appeared in my product listings in the store and at the same time that I lost the ability to download from EP, I had a marked degredation in store performance, seemingly related to product listing speed.

Did I do the right thing, or can you suggest a better way to index? I did it through Toad because that is how I know to do it.

Thanks again,

Tom

Indexing the image name, price and manufacturer doesn't make too much sense to me...

And what is Toad?

To work on indexing/deindexing, just go to your host's myphpaddmin where you can see and edit all the structure and content of your database. You just have to check buttons to index fields.

Just downloaded....I can see where this will save me tons of time. The admin user interface is just brutal.

2 things......very slow with a products_attributes table with about 3500 rows....I'm still in 'test' mode so I removed alot of data and got it to work. The file i exported out of my database assigned all available colors to each product. Is this normal behavior or is my database screwed up?

From reading this thread I don't think there is a problem with my install of EP, however I need to include the Vendors Item Number in my EP table.

This is my current column headings

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_price_1_3 v_attribute_values_name_1_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_price_1_4 v_attribute_values_name_1_4_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_5 v_attribute_values_price_1_5 v_attribute_values_name_1_5_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_6 v_attribute_values_price_1_6 v_attribute_values_name_1_6_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_7 v_attribute_values_price_1_7 v_attribute_values_name_1_7_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_8 v_attribute_values_price_1_8 v_attribute_values_name_1_8_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR
Does any one know how I can acheive my request of having the Vendors Item Number included in my EP table?

Thanks to everyone who can help in advance :)

hi guys,

im new to EP and i have run into alot of problems already. So of which i have solved myself. But now i have a problem tht i can't fix. Whenever i do an update to the database with EP instead of updating the DB, it creates new products. Anyone got a clue on this one?

Thanx

Jeo

Make sure that the first field in the EP list is the same as the one on your DB.

Main logo of the website