• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I have been working on installing EP for the past week and searched through this forum for answers but to no avail.

I installed EP as per the directions. Accessed my EP through my Admin and Downloaded Froogle tab-delimited .txt file

This is what the file fields look like:

product_url name description price image_url category offer_id instock shipping brand upc color size quantity product_id manufacturer_id exp_date product_type delete currency

http://www.everything-asian.com/product_in.../products_id/43 etc...

Now I have read that the first field should be product_model, but as you can see there is NO product_model field at all in any of the fields listed. Can anyone tell me why it is like this when the instructions state that this file SHOULD have it as the first field???

Do I have to modify my fields? If so how should I do this to make sure that it works?

Also when I try to upload my EP file as per the instructions using the top Browse button to find the file in my computer, I get the following errors:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpFuJwtw' to '/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt' in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpFuJwtw

User filename: My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt

Size: 68548

Warning: file(/home/everyth5/public_html/catalog/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 708

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 731

I have NO idea what this al means but I know it is not working right.

Can anyone help me with this?

Oh, btw, this is My Webpage

Thanks

Edited by everyth5

This is normal that a FROOGLE file doesn't a product model: these files are not meant to be reuploaded to your database, they are for google purposes only, and google doesn't care about your products models. Read the manual again: products models are mandatory for the sole purpose of EP to WORK: nowhere it says that you will see a product model field in a froogle feed... because you don't import a froogle feed in your database with import. Or if you tried this, read the manual again ;-)

regarding the errors, be sure you created a directory in your root folder, called it temp and set its permissions to 777.

That should work

Easypopulate has been working for me wonderfully for some time now. I have had to migrate to a new host and build OSCommerce from the ground up.

Now, when using the same price file Ive used in the past, everything imports except the price. The import price is zero. Each row is parsed successfully and all are entered and visible.

Manually entering a product works OK.

Here are the table elements used :

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

Price (ie 7.8) is in column 7 (v_products_price)

Appreciate the help as Ive lost enough time migrating already.

Edited by pkirbyau

Easypopulate has been working for me wonderfully for some time now. I have had to migrate to a new host and build OSCommerce from the ground up.

Now, when using the same price file Ive used in the past, everything imports except the price. The import price is zero. Each row is parsed successfully and all are entered and visible.

Manually entering a product works OK.

Here are the table elements used :

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 v_categories_name_5 v_categories_name_6 v_categories_name_7 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

Price (ie 7.8) is in column 7 (v_products_price)

Appreciate the help as Ive lost enough time migrating already.

Nothing like the joy and sweat of solving your own problem.

The issue was with the currencies. I had renamed USD to AUD which in the database removed the currencies _id of 0

Had to go into SQL database (PHPMyAdmin) into the currencies table and add a row. Hope this helps someone else

hi, i am relatively new to oscommerce... but i have installed the following and have them working together:

SPPC (seperate pricing per customer)

CoolMenu

Featured Products

HPFCG (hide products from customer group)

my question is will EasyPopulate work with all these?? and which version should i download?? i found the contribution page very confusing... people post a new version and then 5 lines up they say "wait! its messed up dont use it!"

and also... do i have to have registered_globals enabled to use it??? can i use it with the registered globals patch?

Edited by herot

Did you get rid of the voices in your head? Do you now miss them and the things that they said?

-David Gilmour

ok... i installed "Easy Populater 2.79b-MS2" and i followed the instructions in the "1readmeFIRST.txt" file

but when i am in admin and "import/export" when i try to export and download the catalog file nothing happens... its the same when i try to create the file in temp...

the only thing i can think of is that one of the directory paths was different than in the readme...

6. Edit file \admin\modules\filenames.php and add in bottom before ?> :

// Easy polulate //

define('FILENAME_IMP_EXP_CATALOG', 'easypopulate.php');

// END

there was no module directory in admin... it seemed to be in admin/includes/filenames.php instead...

am i trying the right version??

Edited by herot

Did you get rid of the voices in your head? Do you now miss them and the things that they said?

-David Gilmour

Hello everyone.

Something strange happened when I installed this mod. I followed the instructions and the mod works fine. The problem is when i click on file manager. I get this error:

Warning: dir($DOCUMENT_ROOT): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /data/11/0/101/18/916996/user/937807/htdocs/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /data/11/0/101/18/916996/user/937807/htdocs/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 179

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks!

Clesha

Hello everyone.

Something strange happened when I installed this mod. I followed the instructions and the mod works fine. The problem is when i click on file manager. I get this error:

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Just taking a guess, since it involves the document root...

6. Open your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php file and set DOCUMENT_ROOT TO $DOCUMENT_ROOT  DO THIS!!  IT IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS.  IF YOU DO NOT FLLOW THIS YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

Hope this helps =)

I followed the instructions to the letter, as far as I can understand them. When I tried to upload my corrected database that was saved in a tab_delimited format I get the following error:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpQD04et' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt' in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpQD04et

User filename: My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt

Size: 70048

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 708

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 731

For this line of code No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32 the following is what is on line 32

move_uploaded_file($filename['tmp_name'], $target);

I have changed the following too.

from

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

to

$tempdir = "/public_html/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/public_html/temp/";

because my root directory into my catalog coding is the stock file name of public_html.

And nothing seemed to happen as per the following instruction:

6. The file will be uploaded to your store. You should see a display that lists the items you are importing. If the last row appears blank, and complains that it can't import this record, all is fine, it's not unusual to get this error at the end of the file.

So I uploaded the delimited/modified file (I added the "product_model" field and entered all my products) directly into public_html/temp and Imported directly from Temp Dir. This is the following error I received:

Filename: My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 726

Again I didn't see any information being added to my database.

What am I doing wrong???? Or what have I missed?

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/public_html/temp/My created FroogleEP2006Jul15-1705.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 726

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/everyth5/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 731[/color]

Again I didn't see any information being added to my database.

What am I doing wrong???? Or what have I missed?

be sure that there is a directory called "temp" in your root and its permissions are set to 777

I was looking in configure.php regarding the DOCUMENT_ROOT that is suppose to be changed. I have changed it and it looks like this:

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/everyth5/public_html');

Is this correct?

I was looking in configure.php regarding the DOCUMENT_ROOT that is suppose to be changed. I have changed it and it looks like this:

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/everyth5/public_html');

Is this correct?

try a slash at the end:

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/everyth5/public_html/');

are you on startlogic?

Also regarding my last entry here, because I am changing the define, I should also go into the easypopulate.php and change all the "DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT" to "DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT". Correct???

no I am using SiteGround.

I tried the / but that didn't help either. And I answered my own question about the other DOCUMENT_ROOT's. It gave me a fatal error when I tried to access the admin area, so I changed them all back.

Edited by everyth5

Trying to install 2.90 and having some problems.

I am using the Readme1st instructions and have some questions

1) I cannot find a "$tempdir" line anywhere in the main easypopulate.php file where is it?

2) 6. Edit file \admin\modules\filenames.php and add in bottom before ?> :

I do not have that folder/file

Should it be \admin\includes\filenames.php

Any suggestions would be really helpful

Thanks

Hi all ? I?ve successfully been running an oscommerce store for over a year now and I?m currently working on a new design and taking advantage of the many contributions out there. Anyway this contributions sounds great and I?m sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked a hell of a lot in the previous posts, but what version is the best to install?

Thanks in advance for any help

Richard

Does anyone else have any ideas what is wrong?

I was really hoping that someone could help me out here because I have problems with ALL my buttons not showing up as they should because of the above posts I have made. Please someone guide me in the right direction?? Anybody???

Hello,

Has anyone had EP not update all of their products quantities. This is the problem I am having now.

When I upload my file it says that everything is updated but when you go to the view the product nothing has changed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks Eric

ok, well i installed EP 2.90b and i followed the !readmeFIRST file...

but when i go to my admin-->catalog-->utility import export and choose to download a ** .txt file to edit OR create a ** .txt file to edit, nothing happens the screen refreshes and thats about it... i checked my ~/catalog/temp dir and nothing is ever created there. and YES i "chmod 777" 'ed my temp directory... I also ran the attached sql query file...

the installation instructions said to add some code to catalog/admin/modules/filenames.php but there was NO "modules" directory in my admin folder... there never has been... i put the code into catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php instead!! could this be the problem?? i tried creating catalog/admin/modules and copied filenames.php into it with the appended code... but it still didn't work.

Please help

-David Gilmour

i cannot get my easy populate file to insert into db. it reads at the top after hitting insert db button:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpaU4ObB

User filename: EP2006Aug03-1010.txt

Size: 10333

i read that it could be incorrect permissions or temp dir path is wrong. i checked permissions and path and both are correct. could it be anything else. i have been looking for 3 days to try and figure this out without any luck.

thank you in advance for any help anybody can give me.

eric