• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I hope some one can help this, I have about 3000++ products, i have installed product extra fields. Now, i working with my new site which going to sell same things. I installed easy populate 2.78, is working fine, but i realised that it don't have product id, only product model, i never assign any id for product model, im only depend on the product id, is there anyway to use easy populate with product id instead of product model? Also i want to know how to intergrate with product extra fields seem it depend on the product id as well. Thanks for advance

I had a small problem with getting my Easy Populate to work. I just finished downloading and installing it, and now when i go to my admin -> Easy Populate page, i click on any of the download EP or create EP links at the bottom and nothing appears to happen. It seems to just refresh the page without downloading anything. If i right click and do a save as, then open up the file it is an htm file that looks exactly like the web page that you are supposed to download from.

Sorry if this has already been addressed but i could not find it among the many pages that came before this. Thanks in advance for your help!

~Zach

Still haven't been able to get this to work. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks

~Zach

I've searched throught the previous pages and didn't see anything but there are so many that I could've missed this one. I get the following error when attempting to download the complete file:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/blacksw/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 349

Is there any way to change the max execution time so that I can download the file. I really need the file. Thanks in advance.

Anyone know whats wrong, here is the error message:

Filename: EP2006Jun22-2008(4).txt

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/store/temp/EP2006Jun22-2008(4).txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 685

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

---------------

I have tried changing DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT but then I get error message:

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/store/temp/EP2006Jun22-2008(4).txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/store/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phphVdmbx' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/store/temp/EP2006Jun22-2008(4).txt' in /var/www/html/store/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phphVdmbx

User filename: EP2006Jun22-2008(4).txt

Size: 3481

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/var/www/html/store/temp/EP2006Jun22-2008(4).txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/store/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690

----

any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

I've solved the above error at last.

But now I'm getting the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax

It does install a few products though, 6 to be exact.

Any help would be very much appreciated, hoping to get this cracked for tonight (in uk)

thanks for any light anyone can shed.

Hi,

I've solved the above error at last.

But now I'm getting the error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax

It does install a few products though, 6 to be exact.

Any help would be very much appreciated, hoping to get this cracked for tonight (in uk)

thanks for any light anyone can shed.

Tony, usually that error is because you have single quotes in your product descriptions (') try escaping them like this \' and upload again. It should work fine.

Tony, usually that error is because you have single quotes in your product descriptions (') try escaping them like this \' and upload again. It should work fine.

Top man! thanks very much, very pleased to have this working at last. But as always there is something else :) nothing major just an option. On the images is there a way to have it called from a different server rather than inputing image1.gif into the column you could put http://img.sever1.com/images/(imagename).gif I tried messing with the options in easypopulate.php around //**** Image Defaulting **** but nothing I changed would allow me to do this.

Thanks.

Hello everyone!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who helped create this amazing contribution. I know that once I get it working, it will save me lots of time when it comes to updating our products.

I have run into a problem though. Whenever I attempt to upload a file to update the database, I get this result:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: c:/php/uploads\php21.tmp

User filename: EPFile.txt

Size:

The problem is, that it does not update anything in the catalog. I am using osCommerce MS2, on a Win2k3 Server running PHP 4.2 and using the EP Contrib 2.76c. If anyone can help and get this catalog to update itself, I'd be more than willing to send you some compensation for your time and assistance.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I got the same thing with you, only the temporary filename is different, I got

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php113.tmp

User filename: EP2006Jun23-1301.txt

Size: 1526903

I just wonder the problem that the database is not updated is caused by the temporary filename or the folder? maybe it should be uploaded into /catalog/temp instead, the problem is how to change the uploading

folder to /catalog/temp ? Is there anybody out there know how to correct this?

Clement

Edited by clementwong

Hi Jason,

I got the same thing with you, only the temporary filename is different, I got

File uploaded.

User filename: EP2006Jun23-1301.txt

Size: 1526903

I just wonder the problem that the database is not updated is caused by the temporary filename or the folder? maybe it should be uploaded into /catalog/temp instead, the problem is how to change the uploading

folder to /catalog/temp ? Is there anybody out there know how to correct this?

Clement

Try setting in easypopulate.php

$tempdir = "temp/";

In admin configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/store/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Where store change to whatever you have it set at catalog etc....

May not work but did for me so worth a shot.

Try setting in easypopulate.php

$tempdir = "temp/";

In admin configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/store/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Where store change to whatever you have it set at catalog etc....

May not work but did for me so worth a shot.

Hi Tony,

thanks for the suggestion, I've tried change the $tempdir to several possibilities such as,

"temp/";

"C/website/.../estore/catalog/temp/";

and the configure.php to

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/estore/catalog/temp/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'c/website/.../estore/catalog/temp/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

It won't work...

Whenever I upload the file, it still shows the same thing -

I tried to ftp the ep(.txt) file to the /catalog/temp/ folder and tried import the file to db through the third option in EP and nothing happens too.

May I suggest that the following line has something to do with the failure of db uploading?

if ($localfile or (is_uploaded_file($usrfl) && $split==0)) {

//*******************************

// UPLOAD AND INSERT FILE

if ($usrfl){

// move the file to where we can work with it

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

if (is_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'])) {

tep_copy_uploaded_file($file, DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir);

}

echo "<p class=smallText>";

echo "File uploaded. <br>";

echo "Temporary filename: " . $usrfl . "<br>";

echo "User filename: " . $usrfl_name . "<br>";

echo "Size: " . $usrfl_size . "<br>";

// get the entire file into an array

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $usrfl_name);

}

if ($localfile){

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl'); $attribute_options_query = "select distinct products_options_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " order by products_options_id";

$attribute_options_values = tep_db_query($attribute_options_query);

$attribute_options_count = 1;

//while ($attribute_options = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_options_values)){

}

echo "Filename: " . $localfile . "<br>";

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $localfile);

}

And may I ask any mysql expert out there to show us on how to get the ep(.txt) file updated in the db directly through phpmyadmin or the mysql db administrator? btw, I used PHP5 with MySQL 5.0.18, and Mysql Administrator 1.18

Million thanks,

Clement

I see many versions for this Easy Populate (EP) contribution with numerous citations of problems with certain versions. Could you recommend which version to install ?

server is running PHP 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0) and MySQL 4.1.19, heavily modified osComm MS 2.2 with 051113 security update, installed contributions: Header Tag Controller (#207), STS 4.1 (#1524), Additional Images Module (#1032)

Also, should register globals be set to on or off with EP?

Is there a method that will allow Easy Populate to import downloadable product attributes (ie. the name of the file to be downloaded after purchase)? And, if this will allow me to specify a path to the downloadable file, and so allow the creation of subdirectories within the Downloads directory, all the better.

Hi there

I'm really new to OSC in general, but its proper amazing.

So far i've got the basic setup working and the import working using easy_populate_V2_76B_1.

I works really well, but I've got a bit stuck. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

The situation i have is I have say the following tab file.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

108210 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 6uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108211 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 7uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108212 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 8uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108213 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 8.5uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108214 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 9uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108215 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 9.5uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108216 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 10uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

108217 tnails/S108210BG.jpg Adio Montoya-v4 Blk/gum 59.99 1 2006-06-26 1 2 11uk ADIO SHOES ADIO SHOES VAT Active EOREOR

They import fine, but the size drop down doesn't appear.

Like I said I'm really new, so i haven't got a clue where to start.

I guess its a question of:

Does EP have the ability to import and create the items in this format?

If not is there anyone that could help me out to do it as I don't think I can get the data out in anyother way?

Thanks for any Comments / Help

Joe

Hi Tony,

thanks for the suggestion, I've tried change the $tempdir to several possibilities such as,

"temp/";

"C/website/.../estore/catalog/temp/";

and the configure.php to

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/html/estore/catalog/temp/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'c/website/.../estore/catalog/temp/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

It won't work...

Whenever I upload the file, it still shows the same thing -

I tried to ftp the ep(.txt) file to the /catalog/temp/ folder and tried import the file to db through the third option in EP and nothing happens too.

May I suggest that the following line has something to do with the failure of db uploading?

if ($localfile or (is_uploaded_file($usrfl) && $split==0)) {

// UPLOAD AND INSERT FILE

if ($usrfl){

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl');

}

echo "File uploaded. <br>";

echo "Temporary filename: " . $usrfl . "<br>";

echo "User filename: " . $usrfl_name . "<br>";

echo "Size: " . $usrfl_size . "<br>";

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $usrfl_name);

}

if ($localfile){

$file = tep_get_uploaded_file('usrfl'); $attribute_options_query = "select distinct products_options_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " order by products_options_id";

$attribute_options_values = tep_db_query($attribute_options_query);

$attribute_options_count = 1;

//while ($attribute_options = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_options_values)){

}

echo "Filename: " . $localfile . "<br>";

$readed = file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir . $localfile);

}

And may I ask any mysql expert out there to show us on how to get the ep(.txt) file updated in the db directly through phpmyadmin or the mysql db administrator? btw, I used PHP5 with MySQL 5.0.18, and Mysql Administrator 1.18

Million thanks,

Clement

Sorry if I've got this wrong, but... I've had nothing but issues with folder rights in windows.

I got a simalar message i think. I ended up simply creating a temp folder in the catolog folder, then right clicking it and then giving access to it under sharing and security to the relevant users. Then all was ok.

Like i said "i think" I've had a proper long day.

Laters

Hello All,

For those who use the Froogle feed from this contrib you have to edit the first line to Google's (Froogle) new format

product_url - link

name - title

description - description (no change)

image_url - image_link

price - price (no change)

You can obtain a full list of old and new attributes for converting

your

feed here:

<a herf="http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=40449">Link to Googles new format</a>

Hope this helps newcomers,

Eric

Hello,

I've got a little problem...

My product's IDs (v_products_model) column have numbers that begin by "0", and when I export and I open with EXCEL, the "0" dissapear :angry:

For example: I upload .txt with v_products_model to 0025487, ok, but when I export it again, I see "25487", and it is a problem if I want to upload again... I have to edit one per one <_<

Do you know some form to avoid this?

Thanks

Ah, if I open it with WOrdPad no problem, but I need to edit the .txt in Excel...

Thanks a lot!!

Forums, the perfect place to practice my English. From Spain.

Hello,

I've got a little problem...

My product's IDs (v_products_model) column have numbers that begin by "0", and when I export and I open with EXCEL, the "0" dissapear :angry:

For example: I upload .txt with v_products_model to 0025487, ok, but when I export it again, I see "25487", and it is a problem if I want to upload again... I have to edit one per one <_<

Do you know some form to avoid this?

Thanks

Ah, if I open it with WOrdPad no problem, but I need to edit the .txt in Excel...

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Ya

When you import the data into excell you need define the colum as a text feild not general, as excel assumes you wanted it to be a numeric value if left.

Hope that helps

Joe

Help!!!

What am I doing wrong? I have installed a version of EP followed the instructions and now when I upload files i get this message

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpJtYXld

User filename: ebcclutches2006.txt

Size: 278935

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_price1_qty' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_price1_qty as v_products_price1_qty, p.products_price1 as v_products_price1, p.products_price2_qty as v_products_price2_qty, p.products_price2 as v_products_price2, p.products_price3_qty as v_products_price3_qty, p.products_price3 as v_products_price3, p.products_price4_qty as v_products_price4_qty, p.products_price4 as v_products_price4, p.products_price5_qty as v_products_price5_qty, p.products_price5 as v_products_price5, p.products_price6_qty as v_products_price6_qty, p.products_price6 as v_products_price6, p.products_price7_qty as v_products_price7_qty, p.products_price7 as v_products_price7, p.products_price8_qty as v_products_price8_qty, p.products_price8 as v_products_price8, p.products_qty_blocks as v_products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_date_added as v_date_avail, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND p.products_model = 'CK1105' AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

The file exists in the temp directory just not getting past this point !!!!

Please if anyone can help get back to me ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Regards

Steve

I honestly don't know the answer to the 'nothing happens' problem. Looks like faris10 still has that problem too :(

What version are you using?

got that problem, too.

any solution found already or still none in sight?

I see many versions for this Easy Populate (EP) contribution with numerous citations of problems with certain versions. Could you recommend which version to install ?

server is running PHP 4.4.2 (Zend: 1.3.0) and MySQL 4.1.19, heavily modified osComm MS 2.2 with 051113 security update, installed contributions: Header Tag Controller (#207), STS 4.1 (#1524), Additional Images Module (#1032)

Also, should register globals be set to on or off with EP?

Id like to know the answer to this as well

Ive read right thru this topic and im nore confused than i was before... and in the contributions page theres a post saying not to use 3.0.

So which one works properly?

Is this module PHP5 and MYSQL 5 compliant?

I get the following message when I try to upload a tab file...

"Easy Populate 2.76c-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun30-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp/php6SXsc1' to '/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun30-1705.txt' in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp/php6SXsc1

User filename: EP2006Jun30-1705.txt

Size: 47775

Warning: file(/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun30-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690"

Anyone know what me problem is?

I get the following message when I try to upload a tab file...

"Easy Populate 2.76c-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun30-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp/php6SXsc1' to '/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun30-1705.txt' in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/cgi-bin/tmp/php6SXsc1

User filename: EP2006Jun30-1705.txt

Size: 47775

Warning: file(/home/users/web/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog//catalog/temp/EP2006Jun30-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/web07/b2266/pow.batsignal/htdocs/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 690"

Anyone know what me problem is?

Ain't got a clue but I am going to take an Aunt Sally on this say the catalog//catalog may have something to do with. Double check the location of the temp directory on your site and in the configuration of EP.

Regards

Steve

I have an unusual problem.

I have searched the forum and found solutions of which none work for my prob.

I have Easy Populate installed which consists of installing a contribution named Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer. Now if i have this installed it changes a few lines in application_top.php file and now the "Buy Now" button doesn't work the way it should in product listing.

When you click on it, it sends to the product info page. Does anyone know how to go about fixing this problem with the above contribution.

Thanks