• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Alex, thanks for all the info you've supplied in these forums. I've been searching for many answers and have run across a few of your posts. So, I have a question for you. I've activated support for QTF (in Easy Populate) and it seems like it works fine for products with single attributes. How may I use Easy Populate + QTF for products that have multiple attributes?

The v_attribute_values_stock_x_y is not populated for products with multiple attribs, and I'm not sure how this would work. Ex: product 1 has different sizes and colors - size: Small color: Black, size: Small color: White, etc. How to differentiate between the different attributes of the same product from within the csv file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks! :thumbsup:

Sorry, i do not use qtypro and do not know how it must work. code for support qtypro taked from 2.76 ep version. (cleaning up ep 2.79 i noticed that where was some parts of code for support qtypro, but not all, and with out any sittings for enable or disable it, so i compare 2.76 with 2.79, add to 2.79 missing parts and gived them all sitting.)

maybe you need this - "Products Attributes Stock and price differnce update" ? (you can find it on ep contribution page)

Sorry, i do not use qtypro and do not know how it must work. code for support qtypro taked from 2.76 ep version. (cleaning up ep 2.79 i noticed that where was some parts of code for support qtypro, but not all, and with out any sittings for enable or disable it, so i compare 2.76 with 2.79, add to 2.79 missing parts and gived them all sitting.)

maybe you need this - "Products Attributes Stock and price differnce update" ? (you can find it on ep contribution page)

Interesting, that may be what I'm looking for -- thanks! I'll try it out.

By the way, I was under the impression that subsequent versions of a contribution contain all the previous versions. I guess this is not the case? -since I have a more recent version of EP than the "Products Attributes Stock and price differnce update".

seems to be a shortcoming when dealing with inventory of products having multiple attributes -- even with the QTPro switch turned on.

How does one specify in the tab-delimited csv file (on one row w/o having to create multiple products/ids/rows):

Product: Shirt , colorAttribute: Red , sizeAttribute: Medium , stock level: 2

Markman I am not aware of a solution that happens on one line. Given the nature of tab or csv files and how they are prepared ie generally on a spreadsheet I think it would be a pretty tall order

I have products that superficially are the same but the manufacturers use (for example) differing colour descriptions so that I have somewhere in the region of 100 hundred colour attributes. Given that most spreadsheets are 256 columns and each attribute variation takes up 3 colums that dont leave a whole lot of space

Then of course there is inventory

My workaround for what its worth is have a series of subgroups handling the attributes and if you wish stock control/inventory although I tend to worry about stock control when its in the database.

I also use of mixture of other contributions depending on my requirements (eg Ajax attribute manager)

Regards

Nossum

My workaround for what its worth is have a series of subgroups handling the attributes and if you wish stock control/inventory although I tend to worry about stock control when its in the database.

Good point on the limit of Excel columns, I hadn't thought of that. Would you speak more to your quote above? I'm interested in the details of this.

-thanks

Interesting, that may be what I'm looking for ("Products Attributes Stock and price differnce update") -- thanks! I'll try it out.

By the way, I was under the impression that subsequent versions of a contribution contain all the previous versions. I guess this is not the case? -since I have a more recent version of EP than the

Unfortunately, it looks like the EP "Products Attributes Stock and price differnce update" only deals with multiple product attribute stock levels only after they have been added to OSC. It does not create, through import, a new product with multiple attributes and individual stock levels.

How do store owners deal with the problem of uploading new products with multiple attributes and stock quantities? -- such as when a manufacturer sends a monster data file and it contains new products such as those I've mentioned above. It'd be nice not to manually have to go through the long list of items each hour to see if new items are listed; there must be a way to just import them on the fly with the correct stock quantity for each product attribute combination.

Nossum, dAbserver, or anyone else, do you have a solution for this? Or is there a forum thread that deals with this, I couldn't find any. -thanks

Edited by MarkMan

:( I am having trouble importing with EP2.81. I can export files ok but not back the other way. I keep getting the below error message. I have a temp directory created and set with full permissions and configured for this directory in admin ep config tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/walsh/public_htmlpublic_html/estore/temp/test.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/walsh/public_html/estore/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpujRZ0U' to '/home/walsh/public_htmlpublic_html/estore/temp/test.csv' in /home/walsh/public_html/estore/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpujRZ0U

User filename: test.csv

Size: 252793

Warning: file(/home/walsh/public_htmlpublic_html/estore/temp/test.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/walsh/public_html/estore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 669

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/walsh/public_html/estore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 691

:( I am having trouble importing with EP2.81. I can export files ok but not back the other way. I keep getting the below error message. I have a temp directory created and set with full permissions and configured for this directory in admin ep config tool.

I've the same trouble with this version of EP. In an early version I had resolved settin the temp parameter, but this time, it seems there isn't a "temp parameter"!!

I have products that superficially are the same but the manufacturers use (for example) differing colour descriptions so that I have somewhere in the region of 100 hundred colour attributes. Given that most spreadsheets are 256 columns and each attribute variation takes up 3 colums that dont leave a whole lot of space

let's try to solve this problem ...

backup your easypopulate.php , download and replace with this one ep&pa2.79b-ms2 with column splitter

use it only for download (with 100 hundred or more, colour (or any other) attributes), if download works, and you can open downloaded file in Excel - let me know - then i will try to optimize the import, if don't - restore your easypopulate.php and send me errors please.

I accidently enter 2-3 really big files into EP and I forgot to split the files by 300, now my website is really sloooowww, my webhosting tech support says that somthing is wrong with my php scripts n I think those 2-3 files screwed it up. Is there anyway to fix this problem or where to look for a solution? Thanks.

sounds like you are on a shared server, where it is slow and not optimized.

Before those 2-3 uploads, the website ran great w/out any problems. The web hosting company assure me that the connection was good and the server isn't slow at all. Should I uninstall the EP and resinstall it again, what should I do?

I've the same trouble with this version of EP. In an early version I had resolved settin the temp parameter, but this time, it seems there isn't a "temp parameter"!!

I have been able to upload but not import files with this new version, and when I export files I am ending up with something that is very difficult to get into columns that make any sense in excel 2003. Wasn't having much succes though with the older version. Have no problem importing and exporting using Miva or Prostores, but prefer OS commerce, with the exception of the import export problem. These are the error codes, for one attempted product uplad consiting of one product. For a template I used MyadminPhp which set the headings in nice neat columns.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIR/products_1_730.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpJYnGaT' to '/kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIR/products_1_730.txt' in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpJYnGaT

User filename: products_1_730.txt

SIZE_EP332

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIRproducts_1_730.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 670

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 692

Talos

I have a slight problem one my file is a .dat file which can be opened by Open Office and Excell and has a SHIFT+6 (^) delimater and ends with the retail price ex. category^subcategory^brand^item^modelnumber^pic^price^instock^description^weight

^retailprice

My question is what can I do to use this file rather than creating a new file I have added the ^ in easypopulate.php and I still get like 5 errors

Or do I need another version to do this

Any suggestions,

Thanks

Ok, this is *extremely* bizarre.

When I do a complete download, I don't get any of the customer_group_id_X or customer_group_price_X fields.

When I do just a Model/Price/Qty download, they show up!!! Does that make sense?

Also, contrary to all the instructions, it looks like if you have defined one extra customer group (apart from "Retail"), that it is called customer_group_id_1, not 2 as previously stated. :(

I'd really like to clear this up --- anyone here with SPPC and EP workin together?

Have you gotten an answer to this dilemma? I've searched the forum, but can't seem to find anything. I have SPPC 4.11 and EP 2.79b installed. I'm running across the same issue. If I export via a "Complete" export, I don't get the SPPC fields. If I export via "Model/Price/Quantity, I get them. I suppose a work-around would be to join these two files in Excel, and then split them apart again before uploading, but I'd rather have the contribution work as intended with a "complete" export really being "complete".

I've run across different posts on this, but they all seem to be for previous versions of EP and involve uncommenting lines that are already uncommented in my version.

FYI- I've set the configuration option in the admin panel for EP to "True" for "activate support for separate prices per customer module".

So is this just the way it is, or is there really a way to get a "complete" export?

Thanks for your help.

I have a slowness problem on my website. I found out that if I add too much information into the database it'll slow down the website tremoundously. Everytime when I add products up to around say 10000+ that's when the slowdown kicks in. My hosting company told me that mysql queries can slow the server down if it's not optimized by EP. I turned on the optimzied feature in EP through Admin section already. Is there anything else I can do to make it more optimized, or does EP have this kind of problem where if too much mysql queries is being made(10000+), this slowness problem will occur. Any help is appericated.

I have been able to upload but not import files with this new version, and when I export files I am ending up with something that is very difficult to get into columns that make any sense in excel 2003. Wasn't having much succes though with the older version. Have no problem importing and exporting using Miva or Prostores, but prefer OS commerce, with the exception of the import export problem. These are the error codes, for one attempted product uplad consiting of one product. For a template I used MyadminPhp which set the headings in nice neat columns.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIR/products_1_730.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpJYnGaT' to '/kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIR/products_1_730.txt' in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/includes/functions/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpJYnGaT

User filename: products_1_730.txt

SIZE_EP332

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIRproducts_1_730.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 670

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/45/d152861670/htdocs/Mall/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 692

Have you set up EP in ADMIN? Log in a check Admin->Configuration->Easy Populate

Here is what mine is set to:

ep.jpg

---

If you don't have this with EP2.81 then you haven't fully installed.

Have you set up EP in ADMIN? Log in a check Admin->Configuration->Easy Populate

Here is what mine is set to:

ep.jpg

---

If you don't have this with EP2.81 then you haven't fully installed.

:o No I didn't set up EP in ADMIN? Log in a check Admin->Configuration->Easy Populate

did not know you had to do this, did I miss this in the manual or "read this first" thanks for the help. I will try this. Really glad you joined.

Talos

:o No I didn't set up EP in ADMIN? Log in a check Admin->Configuration->Easy Populate

did not know you had to do this, did I miss this in the manual or "read this first" thanks for the help. I will try this. Really glad you joined.

BTW - there is a file in the Contribs section:

Easy Populate Extra Documentation

It covers some issues that users may run into.

Edited by akheir

Hey sorry for buttin in but do any of you know what I could use for a SHIFT+6"^" delimited file instead of {TAB} delimited or how to convert it to a tab csv file

Thanks for any help,

Import with Excel - specify Delimiter to "^" and unselect the defaults.

When done, use "Save As" and select tab delimited under type.

are you on a dedicated server or on a shared server? if on a shared, then your host probably has the server maxed out.

I am on a shared server, and the host assured me that the server is not overloaded. I am using EP v.2.81b so I downgrade to older version? I am running out of ideas and about to throw in the towel .....

let's try to solve this problem ...

backup your easypopulate.php , download and replace with this one ep&pa2.79b-ms2 with column splitter

use it only for download (with 100 hundred or more, colour (or any other) attributes), if download works, and you can open downloaded file in Excel - let me know - then i will try to optimize the import, if don't - restore your easypopulate.php and send me errors please.

Hi dAbserver

I got your post thanks

I'm travelling but will run the file as soon as and report back

Markman, I'll pick up on your queries too

Cheers

Nossum