• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

guys i just installed this contribution 2.79 and i cant download the text file from admin.

when i click on any of the download files below

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Price / Quantity )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Category )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Attributes )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Products extra fields )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Froogle )

nothing happens it just refreshed the page. Can someone tell me why its doing this please.

Thank you

I have easy populate installed. I cannot find the configuration variables section. The instruction say to go to easypopulate.php. Do I go to the file itself and open it with an editor or do I go to the file on ther server with a browser (catalog/admin/easypopulate.php). I looked both ways and have not found this section. I have spent almost 2 full days working on a spreadsheet to import and have no idea how to set it up. I did read that you should do an export of your products to get the setup of your store and then fill in the blanks, When I do an export I get this:

v_products_modelEP_DELIMITERv_products_imageEP_DELIMITERv_products_name_1EP_DELI

MITERv_products_description_1EP_DELIMITERv_products_url_1EP_DELIMITERv_products_p

riceEP_DELIMITERv_products_weightEP_DELIMITERv_date_availEP_DELIMITERv_date_added

EP_DELIMITERv_products_quantityEP_DELIMITERv_manufacturers_nameEP_DELIMITERv_tax_

class_titleEP_DELIMITERv_statusEP_DELIMITEEP_DELIMITEREOREOR

It imports into a spreadsheet as one cell.

I'm guessing that this "EP_DELIMITER" should be the tab. I'm also guessing that v_products_model, ETC.... should be in a column before the model, ETC... information in the spreadsheet. Then EOREOR at the end of the row.

ANY help would be great.

Thanks

Scott

Edited by skotmiller

I have read through about 100+ pages on this thread but can't seem to find the info I need. I have multiple mods installed in my store and added the header tags controller. I also have easy populate. What are the sections that I need to add to the EP file in order to fill in the meta tags for each product??

v_meta_description v_meta_keywords...etc.

??

I have read through about 100+ pages on this thread but can't seem to find the info I need. I have multiple mods installed in my store and added the header tags controller. I also have easy populate. What are the sections that I need to add to the EP file in order to fill in the meta tags for each product??

v_meta_description v_meta_keywords...etc.

??

I am no guru but why would you need to add meta tags to you admin?

I have easy populate installed. I cannot find the configuration variables section. The instruction say to go to easypopulate.php. Do I go to the file itself and open it with an editor or do I go to the file on ther server with a browser (catalog/admin/easypopulate.php). I looked both ways and have not found this section. I have spent almost 2 full days working on a spreadsheet to import and have no idea how to set it up. I did read that you should do an export of your products to get the setup of your store and then fill in the blanks, When I do an export I get this:

v_products_modelEP_DELIMITERv_products_imageEP_DELIMITERv_products_name_1EP_DELI

MITERv_products_description_1EP_DELIMITERv_products_url_1EP_DELIMITERv_products_p

riceEP_DELIMITERv_products_weightEP_DELIMITERv_date_availEP_DELIMITERv_date_added

EP_DELIMITERv_products_quantityEP_DELIMITERv_manufacturers_nameEP_DELIMITERv_tax_

It imports into a spreadsheet as one cell.

I'm guessing that this "EP_DELIMITER" should be the tab. I'm also guessing that v_products_model, ETC.... should be in a column before the model, ETC... information in the spreadsheet. Then EOREOR at the end of the row.

ANY help would be great.

Thanks

Scott

Not sure what your question is! I was able to install the modd with no problem and I have over 30 modds in my site?

Not sure what your question is! I was able to install the modd with no problem and I have over 30 modds in my site?

I cannot find the configuration variables section? The instructions say to go to easypopulate.php. Do I go to the file itself and open it with an editor or do I go to the file on ther server with a browser (catalog/admin/easypopulate.php)?

Also, when I do an export I get this:

Is this the correct output for the file? It imports into a spreadsheet as one cell. Why is that?

I'm guessing that the "EP_DELIMITER" should be the tab or what ever the delimiter is. I'm also guessing that v_products_model, ETC.... should be in a column before the model, ETC... information in the spreadsheet. Then EOREOR at the end of the row. Am I correct?

One more, if I have different sizes for a product do I have to put v_products_description_1, v_products_description_2, ETC... for each different size?

Thanks

Scott

Edited by skotmiller

Hello can anyone help me with my two problems:

I have just installed EP 2.79.

Firstly I had problems importing the update file into my database.

So I did as other post have suggested and added ' ' to all the relevant fields at the end of the import lines.

eg.

17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

to

'17', '1', 'now()', 'now()', 'NULL', 'NULL');

I then successfully installed this file.

When I go into the admin section however and try to change certain options, eg default product images

I do not get the field where you can change that option.

I do get the update button, but the input field.

If I wanted to undo the effects of adding the update file to the database how would I go about it.

I have previously deleted line 17 from the Configuration table. Is this correct or is there somewhere else.

The second problem I have is aas follows:

I added a new product in the downloaded export file.

The product was placed in a category three levels down.

When I go into my Catalaog I do not see this level. However when I go into the admin area I can see the appropriate file structure?

Can any one help?

Cheers

Scott

I cannot find the configuration variables section? The instructions say to go to easypopulate.php. Do I go to the file itself and open it with an editor or do I go to the file on ther server with a browser (catalog/admin/easypopulate.php)?

Also, when I do an export I get this:

Is this the correct output for the file? It imports into a spreadsheet as one cell. Why is that?

I'm guessing that the "EP_DELIMITER" should be the tab or what ever the delimiter is. I'm also guessing that v_products_model, ETC.... should be in a column before the model, ETC... information in the spreadsheet. Then EOREOR at the end of the row. Am I correct?

One more, if I have different sizes for a product do I have to put v_products_description_1, v_products_description_2, ETC... for each different size?

Thanks

Scott

I had the same "EP_DELIMITER" with v2.79. I open it with notepad, and replace this "EP_DELIMITER" with a "*", then use Excel open the text file, use "*" delimiters, and made it look more reasonable.

But after I imported into db, I got a warning

"

Warning: file(/home2/website/public_html/osC/EP_TEMP_DIREP2006Mar08-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/website/public_html/osC/admin/easypopulate.php on line 637

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/website/public_html/osC/easypopulate.php on line 642

"

Sounds like the temp directory is not right, I have no idea how to fix it. I just created a temp folder "EP_TEMP_DIR" at catalog, set it 777. Anything else I need to do?

Thx

I had the same "EP_DELIMITER" with v2.79. I open it with notepad, and replace this "EP_DELIMITER" with a "*", then use Excel open the text file, use "*" delimiters, and made it look more reasonable.

But after I imported into db, I got a warning

"

Warning: file(/home2/website/public_html/osC/EP_TEMP_DIREP2006Mar08-1301.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/website/public_html/osC/admin/easypopulate.php on line 637

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/website/public_html/osC/easypopulate.php on line 642

"

Sounds like the temp directory is not right, I have no idea how to fix it. I just created a temp folder "EP_TEMP_DIR" at catalog, set it 777. Anything else I need to do?

Thx

Please note, the suggustions are what has worked for me... please back up before trying them :)

as a suggestion run the folowing SQL statement to make it tab delimited..

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Delimiter', 'EP_DELIMITER', '\t', 'Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP! (common delimiters - "(\\t - TAB will have be set using phpmyadmin or other utility as osc converts it into a string)"," ";" "~" "|" "-" "*").', 17, 10, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

also...

I was having the following problem:

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpXV7XwD
User filename: EP2006Mar08-1212.txt
SIZE_EP235

ie. "SIZE_EP" instead of "Size: "

fixed by the following

in \catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\easypopulate.php

Line 28
*** AFTER ***
define('USER_FILENAME_EP', 'User filename: ' );

*** ADD ***
define('SIZE_EP', 'Size: ' );

Now everything in mine runs with no errors etc... can download .txt files to local, or my work machine fine, uploads fine, no errors, just not getting anything added to the DB.

any ideas?

also... when a file is uploaded, where does it reside? or is it immediatly deleted?

Thank You

Don

Edited by RRiTechnologies

I have still one issue unanswered.

If I upload a file via EP, the catagories_name 1 etc are stored in default language only.

How can I change the code in such a way all languages will be in the download file/upload file and stored in the database. Does this contribution support that? I guess so because all other fields are multilingual.

Who can help me?

Gauthier

Hello again.

I use a mod so the picture wont be streched (*this mod*)

Can that have something with the problem?

Cheers.

Hi Palarn

I dont use this mod

From what you say I cannot see you are doing anything wrong. When I load up the EP txt file I call the image "something.gif" or "something.jpg" but hey.....

I think the problem is not to do with EP. Think about it. EP does not "handle" the image, it only point the code to where it is located. So I think your problem is elsewhere

Have you tried loading images without the contribution 4074?

Regards

Nossum

Please note, the suggustions are what has worked for me... please back up before trying them :)

as a suggestion run the folowing SQL statement to make it tab delimited..

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Delimiter', 'EP_DELIMITER', '\t', 'Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP! (common delimiters - "(\\t - TAB will have be set using phpmyadmin or other utility as osc converts it into a string)"," ";" "~" "|" "-" "*").', 17, 10, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

also...

I was having the following problem:

File uploaded.
Temporary filename: /tmp/phpXV7XwD
User filename: EP2006Mar08-1212.txt
SIZE_EP235

ie. "SIZE_EP" instead of "Size: "

fixed by the following

in \catalog\admin\includes\languages\english\easypopulate.php

Line 28
*** AFTER ***
define('USER_FILENAME_EP', 'User filename: ' );

*** ADD ***
define('SIZE_EP', 'Size: ' );

Now everything in mine runs with no errors etc... can download .txt files to local, or my work machine fine, uploads fine, no errors, just not getting anything added to the DB.

any ideas?

also... when a file is uploaded, where does it reside? or is it immediatly deleted?

Thank You

Don

I tried your solutions. My export looks a lot cleaner. But, it does not include the one product I entered manually or any of the attributes I have added. My uploads still don't work at all:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpd4w7FK

User filename: catalog.csv

Size: 70329

Warning: file(/home/andover/public_html/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIRcatalog.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/andover/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 620

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/andover/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 642

I'm starting to think it is time to move on.

Scott

hi ...

can someone tell me how can i download / upload without products attributes, my store dont have any atteributes at all so its very confusing have the attributes.

best regards,

Mario Vital

hi ...

can someone tell me how can i download / upload without products attributes, my store dont have any atteributes at all so its very confusing have the attributes.

best regards,

Mario Vital

Mario

I would suggest you use the products area of EP and dont worry about the attributes. I have not seen anything that says the code will only work with attributes. Try it

Regards

Nossum

it works fine

there is any way to import to OSC database a categories/sub categorie file that i export from my billing program ??

here is a exemple of the output of the file :

cat_ID, description

23,"Transmiss"

24,"Capacetes"

25,"Capacetes Integrais"

26,"Capacetes Dirt"

27,"Pedais"

28,"Eixos Pedaleiros"

any help will be apreciated.

best regards,

Mario Vital

I tried your solutions. My export looks a lot cleaner. But, it does not include the one product I entered manually or any of the attributes I have added. My uploads still don't work at all:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpd4w7FK

User filename: catalog.csv

Size: 70329

Warning: file(/home/andover/public_html/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIRcatalog.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/andover/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 620

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/andover/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 642

I'm starting to think it is time to move on.

Scott

Finally I got it working. I think somebody got to improve the documentation for this wonderful contribution.

I was following the manual which is supposed to contain the full instruction, as matter of fact, it's not, it gave all kinds of error. If you read the 1readme file, it contains more steps than the manual, and I follow that, and everything works fine.

Hey!

Now I have disable the Image mod and it's works :D

But now I have one new problem!

When I'm using EP to upload image and click; "Show bigger image" on the products, the screen just wents grey, and I cant see them?

I can see the images that I uploading manually!

Cheers P?l Martin

Finally I got it working. I think somebody got to improve the documentation for this wonderful contribution.

I was following the manual which is supposed to contain the full instruction, as matter of fact, it's not, it gave all kinds of error. If you read the 1readme file, it contains more steps than the manual, and I follow that, and everything works fine.

You are correct the other file had a lot more instructions, but, even those are wrong. I couldn't find this file: 6. Edit file \admin\modules\filenames.php and add in bottom before ?> : in the location in the directions.

I'm now getting errors when running the sql update.

Error 1

MySQL said:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '17' for key 1

Error 2

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Getting somewhere, just not sure where.

Scott

You are correct the other file had a lot more instructions, but, even those are wrong. I couldn't find this file: 6. Edit file \admin\modules\filenames.php and add in bottom before ?> : in the location in the directions.

Error 1

MySQL said:

Error 2

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Scott

You're right, I couldn't find admin\modules\filenames.php either, I just simple use admin\filenames.php instead (if I remember correctly). I didn't see the MySQL error though, so can't help you there.

It looks to me like you have tried to import the file twice.

Error 1

MySQL said:

Error 2

MySQL said:

Scott