• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hobzilla,

in the 1readmeFIRST.txt for ver 2.79 I think you added:

If you have changed the directory structure of your OSC install (i.e. you don't have /catalog/temp/ in your document root anymore), then you'll need to go into easypopulate.php and change the setting of "$tempdir". It is located right after the version history.

I haven't been able to find this, nor the delimiter settings.

I haven't been able to get either version working. I suspect it may have to do with that I have my directory structure the same as the stock MS2, but the root directory is another name. Am I correct?

With version 2.78, it seemed to install correctly. I was able to download the delimited file. I edited some test data. When I tried to upload the edited file nothing seemed to happen. I wouldn't see the processing dialog I am supposed to.

There seem to be a number of changes in 2.79. When I download the initial data the delimiter seems to be the word EP_DELIMITER. I can't find in the easypopulater.php file where this is set. Am I missing some code?

Can you offer some assistance?

Thanks.

I installed EP 2-79. I have a problem I can not solve with attached manuals.

I look around in this forum but could not find the solution.

After an attempt to import an file I got the following message

..........................: | Download: | Download: | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Hardware | Mice | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | EP_STATUS_ Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0,0, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)' at line 1

INSERT INTO categories (categories_id, categories_image, parent_id, sort_order, date_added, last_modified ) VALUES (21,,0,0, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)

[TEP STOP]

What did I do:

- exported the default database from OScommerce to a txt file (via the EP admin tool)

- I opened it in Excell and saved it again;

- imported the file via EP in OScommerce. NO PROBLEM

2nd test with a new product in an existing catagory gave no problems too.

BUT if I give that new product a new category name 1 and category name 2 I get the message as stated above.

I think no new categories can be generated by EP. And for what I read the application EP should do that automatically.

Who can help me with.

thanks in advance

Gauthier

X2

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

..........................: | Download: | Download: | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Hardware | Mice | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Taxable Go | EP_STATUS_ Updated

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near '0,0, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)' at line 1

INSERT INTO categories (categories_id, categories_image, parent_id, sort_order, date_added, last_modified ) VALUES (21,,0,0, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)

[TEP STOP]

What did I do:

- exported the default database from OScommerce to a txt file (via the EP admin tool)

BUT if I give that new product a new category name 1 and category name 2 I get the message as stated above.

I think no new categories can be generated by EP. And for what I read the application EP should do that automatically.

Who can help me with.

thanks in advance

Gauthier

I will take a look at this in a bit.. but in the meantime, can you try now() instead of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP and see if that makes a difference?

I will take a look at this in a bit.. but in the meantime, can you try now() instead of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP and see if that makes a difference?

I am getting the same SQL error message when I try to insert anything with v_categories_name_1.

I can import any field name except for v_categories_name_1 if the category doesn't exist in the table already.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Don't use those charcters!!! Use the ASCII char code so you don't have format/encoding issues.

http://www.web-source.net/symbols.htm

sorry i don't understand!

no customer does know that he must type HTML Code

instead ? in the adressfield and how can i know what he does mean when it shows a questionmark?

[TEP STOP]

What did I do:

Who can help me with.

thanks in advance

Gauthier

I just installed EP 2-79 and have the same problem. I was trying to add a new subcatagory of an existing catagory.

Taking the new subcatagory out alows me to add the products.

update line 1545 in /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_CATEGORIES."(categories_id,categories_image,parent_id,sort_order,date_added,last_modifi

ed) VALUES ($max_category_id,'".EP_CAT_IMAGE."',$theparent_id,0,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)";

Trying to upgrade from EP 2.78 to 2.79. When running the update.sql I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration

VALUES (

'', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need

TO CHANGE this accordingly. ', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL); INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', '

SET TimeLimt ', 'EP_SET_TIME_LIMIT ', 'false ', ' SET TO "true" IF you are NOT ON a safe MODE server AND you are getting timeouts. ', 17, 2, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(

array(

\ 'true\', \'false\'),'

);

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'll need to change this accordingly.', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT ' at line 1

Don't have clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

First I want to thank you for your effort. I changed it and it works. Perfect!

One last question about a multilingual environment. The catagories_name 1 etc are stored in default language only. How can I change the code in such a way all languages will be in the download file/upload file and stored in the database.

Gauthier

update line 1545 in /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

$sql = "INSERT INTO ".TABLE_CATEGORIES."(categories_id,categories_image,parent_id,sort_order,date_added,last_modifi

ed) VALUES ($max_category_id,'".EP_CAT_IMAGE."',$theparent_id,0,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,CURRENT_TIMESTAMP)";

Hi,

I just created a new product category hierarchy with total 4-level(1 main+3 sub).

I prepared the upload file with this new category hierarchy and update the easypopule.phpas follows;

'v_manufacturers_name'	=> $iii++,
		'v_manufacturers_id'	=> $iii++,
		[color=#FF9900]'v_categories_name_1'   => $iii++,
		'v_categories_name_2'   => $iii++,
		'v_categories_name_3'   => $iii++,
		'v_categories_name_4'   => $iii++,[/color]			'v_products_model'		=> $iii++,
		'v_products_image'		=> $iii++,

Then, I uploaded the file.

All items went to the third-level(3rd subcategory), do not go to the 4th subcategory as it should.

Then, I cleared the items and created a simple item in the 4th category for testing purpose.

In the store site, it shows this item is in the right category and under right category hierarchy.

But when I download the comlete file from EZ, the item shows it under the 2nd->3rd->4th categories.

The main category does not show. In other words, it only shows three categories associated with this item.

The main caregory was not iincluded and all the other 3 sub categories were pushed forward.

***** example shows in the Excel *****************

Note v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_categories_name_4 Item No.

It's suppose to be -> Racks, Cases & Bags Racks Mixer Racks Pop-Up Stage Series CR12U

But it turns out to -> Racks Mixer Racks Pop-Up Stage Series CR12U

********* end*********************************

I can't figured out why. Please help!

thanks in advance

Spencer

I have installed easy populate. I got 2 questions. When I upload a file I get this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpD8Bvn1

User filename: catalog.csv

SIZE_EP58669

Warning: file(/home/andover/public_html/catalog/EP_TEMP_DIRcatalog.csv): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/andover/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 620

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/andover/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 642

This question should of been first. How do you differentiate the product attributes? Color, size, ETC....

Thanks

Scott

Trying to upgrade from EP 2.78 to 2.79. When running the update.sql I get the following error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration

VALUES (

'', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need

TO CHANGE this accordingly. ', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL); INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', '

SET TimeLimt ', 'EP_SET_TIME_LIMIT ', 'false ', ' SET TO "true" IF you are NOT ON a safe MODE server AND you are getting timeouts. ', 17, 2, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(

array(

\ 'true\', \'false\'),'

);

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'll need to change this accordingly.', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

INSERT ' at line 1

Don't have clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

I got the same error too...

Replace the 3rd line...

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

With this.

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you''ll need to change this accordingly.', '17', '1', 'now()', 'now()', 'NULL', 'NULL');

Worked for me!

Download of csv table does not work

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the latest release of easypopulate.

When I try to download my catalog by pressing the

"Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete ) " link

in the catalog admin section, nothing happens.

What could have gone wrong? Where could I look for the error?

Thanks for your help!!!

Jens

Hey.

This question is about Picture and EP!!

When I add product with EP and WITH images, they are being sooooo big?

What is the problem, or is there something to do?

Cheers Paal Martin

Hey.

This question is about Picture and EP!!

When I add product with EP and WITH images, they are being sooooo big?

What is the problem, or is there something to do?

Cheers Paal Martin

Hi Palarn

What happens if you load them direct into OSC are they different?

Cheers

Nossum

I got the same error too...

Replace the 3rd line...

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

With this.

INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you''ll need to change this accordingly.', '17', '1', 'now()', 'now()', 'NULL', 'NULL');

Worked for me!

Thanks, that got it!!

Yeah. When I adding them direct into OSC, they are small as they should be.

I am not sure where the problem is. I load my images into "catalog/images", and the reference in EP is to enable the code to locate the image

When you load them with EP what is your procedure?

Nossum

I am not sure where the problem is. I load my images into "catalog/images", and the reference in EP is to enable the code to locate the image

When you load them with EP what is your procedure?

Nossum

Hey ;)

Here is my procedure

1. I open my EP .txt file, via Microsoft Excel, then I type in product name and product number.

2. Then I go into my Manufacture website and download the images, and call they the same as product number.

3. Then I just copy the product number into the "Image" field, on the spredshet.

4. Upload those images to my ftp (Catalog/images)

5. So upload the .txt file via EP.

Then it look like this:

big5xc.th.jpg (click for bigger)

It should be much smaller!

EP finds the pictures, but do not rezise them!

What to do?

Yeah.. But if I upload image on "normal" mode, the images size is correct.

Dont you guys have problem with uploading images via EP?

What is "normal" mode ?

Dont have any problems.

Uploading images directly to /images-folder and give the path to osC via EP. Thats the way.