• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Here is my exact problem:

-First I add one test category, and then a test product.

-I goes to Easy Populate, and press Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )

-The file is being downloaded and I open it using Microsoft Excel, then I see my test product.

-I tries to make a new test product in excel, and place it the same place as the first test product.

-Then I save it again as EP2006Feb28-0012.txt

-Goes back into Easy Populate in Admin area, and click Browse then finds EP2006Feb28-0012.txt and click Insert into DB

-After 1 sek it jumps back to the Easy Populate Admin Area, and this is showing:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpNqtdzS

User filename: EP2006Feb28-0012.txt

SIZE_EP532

| 124215125 | account_no | Testgreie | Testproduk | | 1004 | 0.00 | | 0000-00-00 | 0 | | Test | | | Mva. | Active Updated

| 12421512 |

Then I goes back to the test category, but no new product is there! Only the first test product.

What can be wrong?

Cheers Paal Martin

This is happening for me now:

-I have got it to add new product, but it's just add the first product (on the top in the excel document) and not the other 10 I have under.

What can cause that?

Edited by Palarn

Also, I am having a bit of a problem. I have attributes set in my ep file and they are upload and showing up in the products attributes in admin but...they are not showing up on the product info pages...what could be causing that? Unless I manually go into the admin side and add them individually, they won't show up.

This is happening for me now:

-I have got it to add new product, but it's just add the first product (on the top in the excel document) and not the other 10 I have under.

What can cause that?

Hello,

This is a problem that everybody is facing now. Unfortunately, people who wrote this contribution are not supporting their work. As you can see here, we are only posting questions and no one is replying to it. This contribution is not working appropriately and I think that we just have to remove it from our store or we may fix it by ourselves. Any way, if anybody has any clue on how to fix these problems, please post it here so others could also use it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

OK, I 've tried the apostrohpe thing first. (I have replaced all apostrophe's with nothing, using Notepad).

I have also made sure to 'Empty' my 'Products' tables in PHPmyadmin before attempting to load my split files back into the store.

This whole thing worked like a charm the first time. Now that I go to do an update, the categories are shifting somehow.

Thus far the first 100 products seem to update with no category displacement. What could be causing some categories to shift (I am getting the right picture, with the wrong description and the right Product id, etc.,.) ? I can't seem to figure out the pattern, because the database seems to be fine at every point of inspection.

I have been days on this, and I'm sure there's an easy fix? Is there something I haven't tried?

i also had problem with apostrophies in my web shop cause some categories name used apostrophies... so my products wasn't uploaded...

i solved this problem in my phpmyadmin, i've changed all categories_name with apostrophies (for example: 7" into 7" and 10" into 10") and after that all was working well and articles was succesfully uploaded into the 7" or 10" category

hope this lection will help someone

Hello,

This is a problem that everybody is facing now. Unfortunately, people who wrote this contribution are not supporting their work. As you can see here, we are only posting questions and no one is replying to it. This contribution is not working appropriately and I think that we just have to remove it from our store or we may fix it by ourselves. Any way, if anybody has any clue on how to fix these problems, please post it here so others could also use it.

Thanks in advance.

Hmm.. It seems like someone have got it to work? Nossum, and Andreas2003 have got it to work I think.

Hope them can help us.

Cheers

Also, I am having a bit of a problem. I have attributes set in my ep file and they are upload and showing up in the products attributes in admin but...they are not showing up on the product info pages...what could be causing that? Unless I manually go into the admin side and add them individually, they won't show up.

Yeah :)

But when I tries to add a product via EP, only the first row is being added.

You have any clue?

Cheers

do you got any comment or error after you click on "insert into dB"???

i've instaled EP and after i followed all instructions everything was working well... at least for me

This is what i have as my attributes in my ep file:

v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_3 v_attribute_values_1_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_4 v_attribute_values_1_4_1

1 Size 1 Sz 5 2 Sz 6 3 Sz 7 4 Sz 8

1 Size 1 Sz 5 2 Sz 6 3 Sz 7 4 Sz 8

Am I missing something?

Yeah :)

But when I tries to add a product via EP, only the first row is being added.

You have any clue?

Cheers

Being positive Palarn you are doing something right - you have got one entry in!

If you look at the echo you got and the echo that I got on my example you will note that it detects the end of file

Active !New Product!
| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

This makes me wonder if your text file is 100% ok. Also you are saving as tab delimited txt arnt you?

Have you got SEQUENTIAL product numbers?

You have got EOREOR at the end of each entry?

There are no white spaces in your entries?

Your variables are as downloaded or are sequential?

You have got to be so close.........

I have found that you have to be exact with your variables. Example I missed a "number" and it impacted all over the place

If it will help and if I get chance I will load up a txt file to a web page for you to look at

Overall I have to say "wow" it works. Thankyou & respect to those who made it

Keep at it you will get there! thumbs up

Regards

Nossum

can someone post a few lines from one of there (working) database's,I got everything working but i'd like to see someone else's database that has a few attributes.

i remember seeing a post about making a better database,but for the life of me i cant find it.........if anyone knows were it is....please post a link to it.

thank you

OH YEAH :D :D :D

I have got it to work, and I will post the solution here:

My problem was;

when I tried to add many products via EP, It's only added the first row/first product? :blink:

I was wondering what the problem was, and searched this post.

The problem was that I'm using PHP5! Thats the big problem!

If you are using PHP5 do this:

Open admin/easypopulate.php with a editior and do this:

FIND

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

REPALCE WITH

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

I hope this could help the other people, that had the same problem as me.

Cheers Paal Martin :thumbsup:

would not let me edit last post so disregard that one:

-----can someone post a few lines from one of there (working) spreadsheets,I got everything working but i'd like to see a few different examples of others spreadsheets.

previously i was useing legarde storefront,with frontpage to build my database,but new server(surpass) will not accept asp pages so i had to rework my database,im trying really hard to keep my old database without starting over.roughly 5 thousand products with images.

i remember seeing a post about making a better database,but for the life of me i cant find it.........if anyone knows were it is....please post a link to it.

thank you

Hi there,

I am able to open the following via excel:

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Froogle tab-delimited .txt file

Download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file

But "nothing" happens when i click at:

Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

HIM - Dark Light - Out on 26/09/05

hi,

I just downloaded EasyPopulate 2.79 and tried to upload the SQL-Statements:

Following Error appears!

INSERT INTO configuration

VALUES (

'', 'Temp Directory', 'EP_TEMP_DIR', 'temp/', 'If you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need

TO CHANGE this accordingly. ', 17, 1, now(), now(), NULL, NULL); INSERT INTO configuration VALUES ('', '

SET TimeLimt ', 'EP_SET_TIME_LIMIT ', 'false ', ' SET TO "true" IF you are NOT ON a safe MODE server AND you are getting timeouts. ', 17, 2, now(), now(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(

array(

\ 'true\', \'false\'),'

)

:(