• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I've followed all of the instructions and now I tried to upload my file into the database. I get the following message. I'm not great with php so any help would be great. contact me via aim at: n0isefree, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Chris

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/temp/EP2006Feb22-1402.txt.xls): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.dano/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpCof30K' to '/home/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/temp/EP2006Feb22-1402.txt.xls' in /home/.dano/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpCof30K

User filename: EP2006Feb22-1402.txt.xls

SIZE_EP2314

Warning: file(/home/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/temp/EP2006Feb22-1402.txt.xls): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.dano/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/admin/easypopulate.php on line 735

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.dano/rubcorp/store.limustang.com/admin/easypopulate.php on line 758

I have to reduce the output of the "complete delimited file" to have it without attributes.

So I had a look in the easypopulate.php and I found the case="full", but now I'm unsure, where I can stop EP of putting the attributes in the final output.

Can someone of you please give me a hint, what to change ?

I dont want to change the settings somewhere for attributes, because I need them.

But I have to handle attributes in a separate file and not in the "complete" output.

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Andreas

hello, i installed Easy Populater 2.78 today and the install went fine, I click "Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )" and download the file and open it in MS Excel and works fine.

when i go to save the file i save it and it gives me an error about features that might not be compatible with Text (Tab Delimited).. i click save and keep the settings

when i go to import the file into the database, it creates a categorie called "Taxable Goods" and puts a quantity number beside it... however there are no products in the category.

any ideas as to why this is happening?

TIA

Hi,

I see that this question has already been posed but no relpy seems to exist so please excuse the repeat...

I installed EP without too many problems. I need to do extra 2 things to get the data in the correct format: 1) BBEdit to change line endings to Unix (I am working on OSX) and 2) split the file. Both seem to work fine. The problems are:

1) I can't use the "Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )" as it times out ("Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Froogle )" works fine) and;

2) When I try to upload the split (edited) files I get the message: "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported." This despite the fact that the "products_model" field DOES exist for each line. Is it because the product_model fields in the database itself are empty (I haven't been using them) but that I populated them by autofill in the excel file to upload?

Many thanks,

Peter

PLEASE HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

Please ignore this last post of mine. This part of my problem is solved. However, it has been replaced by a much bigger one (Murphy's law probably...)

I managed to upload a file but now all my records are duplicated. Therefore the file was treated as a new addition instead of a replacement.

Furthermore, I am now unable to download these two files as they both time out:

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Froogle )

This despite the fact that it was this froogle file I initially used to make the changes.

Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

I see that this question has already been posed but no relpy seems to exist so please excuse the repeat...

I installed EP without too many problems. I need to do extra 2 things to get the data in the correct format: 1) BBEdit to change line endings to Unix (I am working on OSX) and 2) split the file. Both seem to work fine. The problems are:

1) I can't use the "Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )" as it times out ("Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Froogle )" works fine) and;

2) When I try to upload the split (edited) files I get the message: "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported." This despite the fact that the "products_model" field DOES exist for each line. Is it because the product_model fields in the database itself are empty (I haven't been using them) but that I populated them by autofill in the excel file to upload?

Many thanks,

Peter

Here is my problem when I click on: Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Price / Quantity )

I get this error:

1146 - Table 'catalog.products_groups' doesn't exist

SELECT customers_group_price, customers_group_id FROM products_groups WHERE products_id = 53 ORDER BY customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

I added to the database_tables.php in the catalog and admin section, but I am still getting that error. Not really sure what I need to do.

Thanks for any input.

oooooooooooooh sorry Mibble confusion reigns

I meant that I understood you had to use the the actual words "$DOCUMENT_ROOT" within the code and I did not understand if it was alright to use

In summary the question is can I use the last definition (ie with the deletion of /catalog/) with EP or do I have to somehow use the term "$DOCUMENT_ROOT"

Thank you Mibble - sorry for the confusion

Nossum

YEEESSS! It lives!

For the record I have been confused about the use of the term "$DOCUMENT_ROOT". The development site uses this term in the configure.php no problem, whilst if I insert it into the production site, the file manager seems to have a problem if I use it (see thread).

I have ended up using the the ordinary root statement

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', "blah/blah/etc");

The rest is as per the instructions and it has just "squirted" 250 test entries with multiple attributes into both sites; grin like cheshire cat!

Mibble if you happen to read this I hope you now understand where I was coming from on the queries - thank you

Nossum

You must have a ; on the description somewhere on that line. this causes worng placement, strange categories showing up, 8ecaus EP interpretates ; as jumping to another field.

Celia

OK, I 've tried the apostrohpe thing first. (I have replaced all apostrophe's with nothing, using Notepad).

I have also made sure to 'Empty' my 'Products' tables in PHPmyadmin before attempting to load my split files back into the store.

This whole thing worked like a charm the first time. Now that I go to do an update, the categories are shifting somehow.

Thus far the first 100 products seem to update with no category displacement. What could be causing some categories to shift (I am getting the right picture, with the wrong description and the right Product id, etc.,.) ? I can't seem to figure out the pattern, because the database seems to be fine at every point of inspection.

I have been days on this, and I'm sure there's an easy fix? Is there something I haven't tried?

the model num8er shouldnt 8e longuer that 12 caracters.

Same problem, and I defenitly have a product model number in. What I did is download a file with my prods in, and simply changed the description of one of the items and then uploaded again. SO basically I didn't change anything, and I too get the "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported" error. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have an additional question:

I have added a attribute sort function to the mysql table "products_attributes".

The added field is called "attribute_sort".

Now I want to add this field in the export- and import-function of easypopulate, so that all can managed through EP.

Has anyone this done already (attribute sort is a available contrib) and would be so kind and share the experience?

Or does anyone has an idea, where to change what ?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

I seem to be having similar problems as several others. I uploaded the contribution without difficulty. At first when I tried to load my excel files I was getting the errors with the ...catalog//catalog/... errors...

I fixed that with help from the forums here (around page 12 I believe)...

However, now that I've gotten my excel file to split and I show my .txt files (designated by EP as EP_Split1.txt, EP_Split2.txt etc...) I cannot get them to actually load product.

I took a further suggestion and looked at these files in Notepad and there was a lot of superfluous "garbled" stuff so I took my excel file, intentionally split out 299 products and included the proper headings and EOREOR and loaded JUST that one file and it STILL won't load my products.

Please please, can someone help me?

Please? I have more than 2000 products to upload before opening and I'm supposed to be open next week

:(

I'm using Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 - Default Language : English on osCommerce 2.2-MS2

My server information is as follows:

Server Host: linhost204.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net (*****)

Database Host: mysql**.secureserver.net (*****)

Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-27.ELsmp Database: MySQL 4.0.24-max-log

Server Date: 02/25/2006 06:18:06 Datebase Date: 02/25/2006 06:18:06

Server Up Time:

HTTP Server: Apache

PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

I took a further suggestion and looked at these files in Notepad and there was a lot of superfluous "garbled" stuff so I took my excel file, intentionally split out 299 products and included the proper headings and EOREOR and loaded JUST that one file and it STILL won't load my products.

Please please, can someone help me?

Please? I have more than 2000 products to upload before opening and I'm supposed to be open next week

Hi Lissa,

in order to get a proper import I did it that way :

First download a 'fresh and clean' delimited txt-file from your shop, even if you have no products in, or you add one product for example and do the download.

Then you have a clean and valid structure for your excel file.

Then fill your products in this structure, save it correctly (save with tab and ' as delimiter) and try to import it.

You can also add one test product and try to import this one.

When this works you can add more.

In general do not delete or add columns to your file, because EP will not handle it correctly.

Also if you get error messages => post it, otherwise noone can help you very well.

From your posting I cannot see, if a non-splitted file import works !

How many products do you have in total.

I have around 1500 products and I split my products into product groups, so that I have one file for each product group. This is very handy, but you have to take care, that all changes in the EP-structure are made in all files.

Hope that helps

kind regards

Andreas

First download a 'fresh and clean' delimited txt-file from your shop, even if you have no products in, or you add one product for example and do the download.

Then you have a clean and valid structure for your excel file.

ok - I don't have excel, I have Microsoft Office which only offers Microsoft Data Spreadsheet but allows me to save as an excel spread sheet and also has a "tab and text" option to save that saves as a .txt file. I don't really know what delimited txt-file means. Any elaboration?

Then fill your products in this structure, save it correctly (save with tab and ' as delimiter) and try to import it.

Again, not sure what you mean... ( So sorry this newbie has been playing with this for ever and having one devil of a time - particularly challenging when you don't know the "lingo"... :huh: )

You can also add one test product and try to import this one.

When this works you can add more.

In general do not delete or add columns to your file, because EP will not handle it correctly.

Also if you get error messages => post it, otherwise noone can help you very well.

Actually I get no messages other than this: (as an example)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php6nW9NU

User filename: EP_Split7.txt

Size: 83333

This appears as though product is being loaded properly but when I go to view the product, it's not there....

From your posting I cannot see, if a non-splitted file import works !

How many products do you have in total.

I have around 1500 products and I split my products into product groups, so that I have one file for each product group. This is very handy, but you have to take care, that all changes in the EP-structure are made in all files.

I allowed the EP Program to split my file (approximately 1980 lines) into different groups. My first group of product included more than 1900 lines. All in all I have more than 2000 products to be uploaded. The EP Split function worked fine (after the initial errors described in my previous post) and each file was split into EP_Split1.txt etc...

I can split them manually into groups, all with the same headings of course, so as not to confuse myself or the program, but I'm still not certain what's going on.....

here are my product headings:

v_products_model

v_products_image

v_products_name

v_products_description

v_products_price

v_products_weight

v_date_avail

v_products_quantity

v_manufacturers_name

v_tax_class_id

v_status

EOREOR

here is a description example:

http://www.theuntamedscrapper.com/catalog/productB3-1070.jpg

123S - DVD - Creating Incredible Embellishments

Stephanie's Scrapbook Studio - Creating Incredible Embellishments. Stephanie Barnard is a well-known teacher and demonstrator in the scrapbooking industry. Stephanie was also a featured artist in PaperKuts magazines & books.<br><br>Section 1:Wires, Section 2:More Wire Techniques, Section 3: Colored Hot Glue, Section 4:All about beads, Section 5:Fun with Fibers. This DVD is a must for anyone who is looking for new ideas that will help create beautiful layouts & Pages. DVD 69 min.

(date available cell is blank to default to today)

123Scrapbooking

(tax id class blank for default)

(v_status blank for default)

EOREOR

Thanks again for any assistance! I really do appreciate it!

Hi,

I have easy populate installed and running. The only thing is that when I upload a file that has quotations, in the description, it comes up on the screen as a ? with a diamond box around it. It's bugging me. Anybody know a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by zalik22

ok - I don't have excel, I have Microsoft Office

Download OpenOffice for Windows at www.openoffice.org, install it, its free, its good.

There you can work with a full spreadsheet application.

I don't really know what delimited txt-file means. Any elaboration?

When you have OpenOffice (=OO), then you can save as delimited txt-file.

This means, that in OO you see your data in spreadsheet form, when you save it at txt-file, you get a file, where all your data is listed there, shown as text, each column in OO is separated with a TAB, and all content is beginning and ending with a ' that means that content is starting/ending.

So, in OO, save for file as.... and then "Text CSV", go to edit the options and take the settings above.

Again, not sure what you mean...

Go back to my previous posting and follow the way, download the complete file from Easypopulate.

The output you save to disk is a txt-file.

Then take OO and open the Open-Dialog, mark your file and as file-type choose "Text CSV".

Then OO will open the file in the spreadsheet-application.

This is, what I mean with getting a clean and working structure.

Then you can edit your data in OO.

This appears as though product is being loaded properly but when I go to view the product, it's not there....

Have you filled all necessary columns in your file.

Where are your products not shown - in the catalog or in the admin ?

Are the categories set correctly in your upload-file ?

I had problems with multilanguage and EP, because the categories in EP are only set for the default language.

I allowed the EP Program to split my file (approximately 1980 lines) into different groups.

How many products do you have to handle in total?

here are my product headings:

v_products_model

v_products_image

v_products_name

v_products_description

v_products_price

v_products_weight

v_date_avail

v_products_quantity

v_manufacturers_name

v_tax_class_id

v_status

EOREOR

Where are the categories ? Otherwise osC would not know where to show your products :-)

Thanks again for any assistance! I really do appreciate it!

Welcome. Hope that helps

kind regards

Andreas

(UniqueDesign @ Feb 20 2006, 08:14 PM)

ok so I have decided to use this contrib. to backup my product database so i can uninstall and reinstall a fresh preedited copy of Os 2.2.

My questions:

1. In the admin section under catalog I see "Utility Import Export." I click this and get this

"

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request"

What can I do to get this resolved and get my new database done and is this an alright way to do this?

PS. Woudl the Admin Access contrib effect this? Sry. if this has been answered but I tried seraching and read alot of this super long thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I see everyone else asking questions after this and I keep getting skipped. :( Any help would be great. :thumbsup:

Edited by UniqueDesign

Hey :)

I have some problem, that I cant find the products after I have uploaded the .txt file?

Someone help?

It has to be something with WHERE the files is being uploaded? root or something :huh:

Palarn

I am not Mibble but lets try and help... first can you be more specific

Are you able to download a txt file ok? Remember the advice that it is good to have a test product in to see where things go

If not

Is the installation ok? Have you got the EP set up in the admin area and is it working ok?

Are you using the easypopulate.php and easypopulate_functions.php or one of the derivatives?

Have you set up your admin configuration file with the root directory or $DOCUMENT_ROOT as per the instructions?

Is your store set up with "server/catalog/etc"? IE a conventional set up

Do all your files have the correct permissions?

Have you set up your TEMP directory?

IF you are able to download ok

Your test upload will be a few products

Have you got model numbers and EOREOR at the beginning and end of each entry?

Is your information in sequence and without gaps?

Have you saved it as tab delimted and not CSV?

When you upload are you doing it on a local or remote machine? Depending on that you will either upload or load from the temp directory. What activity takes place on the screen after you execute? You should see the code echoing as it works it way through the upload. Any problems should cause the code to halt and output the error. It should finish something like below

9.5/EU | | 105 | UK 10/EU | | 106 | UK 10.5/E | | 107 | UK 11/EU | | 108 | UK 11.5/E | | 109 | UK 12/EU | | 110 | UK 12.5/E | | 111 | UK 13/EU | | 112 | UK 13.5/E | | 113 | UK 1/EU 3 | | 114 | UK 1.5/EU | | 115 | UK 2/EU 3 | | 116 | UK 2.5/EU | | 117 | UK 3/EU 3 | | 118 | UK 3.5/EU | | 119 | UK 4/EU 3 | | 120 | UK 4.5/EU | | Generic Br | Equestrian | Johdpurs | | UK VAT | Active !New Product!

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

Upload EP File

Split EP File

Import from Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/)

Download EP and Froogle Files

Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Froogle tab-delimited .txt file

Download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file

Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Dir (/catalog/temp/)

Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Froogle tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

Create Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir

E-Commerce Engine Copyright ? 2005 osCommerce

Cheers

Nossum

This forum is very scribbled. I have looked thru quite a few pages in search for the problem I am having. I have too many products to "Download complete tab delimited..." Whats the fix? I also cannot find the php.ini file anywhere on my server... Please help

Hello,

I ihave installed this contribution, but I don't know what is worng with it. What ever I do, I get the following error on my uploads:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's eighth-generation processor core, which marked the introducti

Please help, I have tried different things but nothing is working. My PHP version is 4.4.1

Please help.

Thanks

Regards,

Hi, Again,

I really need help, I want to get this site that I am working on up & running, but I dont know, I have 2.78 installed, but when I upload the file everything is fine, but when I look at the catagory & products that it created, I only see 1 catagory & 1 product in that catagory, where are the rest of my products & catagories. How do I fix this.

Please help me, I beg of you!!!

Thank you,

Michael

Michael

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 1009 is not allowed to access / owned by uid 0 in /home/zlatko/domains/tiskajmo-ceneje.si/public_html/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php3uM1BF

User filename: EP2006Feb27-1503.txt

SIZE_EP125010

Warning: file(): Unable to access /temp/EP2006Feb27-1503.txt in /home/zlatko/domains/tiskajmo-ceneje.si/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 735

Warning: file(/temp/EP2006Feb27-1503.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zlatko/domains/tiskajmo-ceneje.si/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 735

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/zlatko/domains/tiskajmo-ceneje.si/public_html/admin/easypopulate.php on line 758

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Please help, Pleae help!!!!!

I am getting and error in Easy Populate. When trying to download (Products Extra Fields) this error comes up:

1146 - Table 'princest_p_os1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS' doesn't exist

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, subc.products_extra_fields_id as v_products_extra_fields_id, subc.products_extra_fields_value as v_products_extra_fields_value, ptoc.products_extra_fields_name as v_products_extra_fields_name FROM products as p, TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS as subc, TABLE_PRODUCTS_EXTRA_FIELDS as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = subc.products_id AND ptoc.products_extra_fields_id = subc.products_extra_fields_id

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone help? Everything was working fine, then it started with this. I tried using a backup of my database, but that did not fix the problem. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

12 is the maximum on a standard OSC install.

Your maximum product_model length is set to 25

You can either shorten your model numbers or increase the size of the field in the database.

Where can I do that?

Thanks