• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

Had a good look and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

I can succesfully download a file via EP and open to view in excel or text editors. I make mods to test it's working and it looks like I'm uploading the file successfully, but it doesn't appear to be parsing and adding records...

I get the following report... (this was a test file I made with only one row, based on the downloaded file layout).

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php2BkUyG

User filename: tonys test.txt

Size: 745

I get no further info. No errors. I check my store and nothing's changed.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

Had a good look and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

I can succesfully download a file via EP and open to view in excel or text editors. I make mods to test it's working and it looks like I'm uploading the file successfully, but it doesn't appear to be parsing and adding records...

I get the following report... (this was a test file I made with only one row, based on the downloaded file layout).

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php2BkUyG

User filename: tonys test.txt

Size: 745

I get no further info. No errors. I check my store and nothing's changed.

Any thoughts?

Can you scroll down the page? Your error soounds exactly the same as mine - my page allows me to scroll down and right at the bottom is further detail

Hand made jewellery and tiaras on our website

Please bear with me. Im an osC noobie!

Yes, mine is in the text-delimited format, but it only uploads 1 product.

On mine it says this -

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php7eJ4NU

User filename: test_split_1.txt

SIZE_EP123955

mine says Updated on the bottom, but like I said before I do not have my split of 300 products, it didnt upload all the products.

But I have only 1 product uploaded not 300.

Michael

Edited by mrgtec

Michael

Image problem with EasyPopulate.

After installation, the database is downloading and uploading fine, but images are not working.

After I FTP the image files (CHMOD 777) to the server, I am identifying the file name in the .txt file prior to uploading the database via EasyPopulate in the admin panel. Once I upload the .txt file, all the the product changes are showing correctly except the image. In the admin module, is says: "image does not exist".

IMPORTANT: I noticed that it DOES work when I CHANGE an existing image, but it does NOT work for new products (and images) added. I can't imagine EasyPopulate requires each image to be added first via the clunky admin panel??

I've looked all over this thread and elsewhere, but can't seem to find anything that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Did you solve it?

i was wondering if someone could tell me something... i just added a color attribute to my store and im working on adding a javascript rollover to part my product_info page. but i have no clue where easy populate puts field for the price.

for example if the product is availible in a certain color it has a 0 in the price field for that color. this works in making a select box for the color but i also want people to be able to see that product in that color and im using a giant if statement in javascript to make a mouse over link if its availible in that color... but i have no clue what table or row to pull from the database to test in that if statement. i know i need the v_attribute_values_price colum but i dont know what that is in the database...

confused yet? any help?

hey, here are some features that i am interested about easy populate:

how can i make that category and product name only need one column? my product name and category are the same on both languages so i really need only one column :-)

order of the excell column in downloaded file aren't same as i had in file which i've uploaded. how can i fix it?

thanx

hm, anyone has solutions for problems above??? i think it's possible but really don't know how? help needed

Edited by cloove

Can you scroll down the page? Your error soounds exactly the same as mine - my page allows me to scroll down and right at the bottom is further detail

Hi TT. I read your post before and tried that, but I don't get any further info. I've checked my source and all and even tried in IE and mozilla.

It appears that the file is uploading successfully, but it doesn't seem to attempt to add it to the catalogue at all...

also, dont use apostrophes in the categories, it does mess em up.

hey mibble, what if i have apostrophes in my category name (i.e. 7") and can't without it???

is there any solution to have category with apostrophes and that EP works with it? please help...

This is the error I am getting when trying to upload a .txt file to import

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/temp/heatingdatabase.txt) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\www\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'C:\PHP\uploadtemp\phpA.tmp' to '/temp/heatingdatabase.txt' in D:\www\admin\easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\phpA.tmp

User filename: heatingdatabase.txt

SIZE_EP736183

Warning: file(/temp/heatingdatabase.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\www\admin\easypopulate.php on line 735

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in D:\www\admin\easypopulate.php on line 758

Can anybody please help me?

AFter making my temp directories the D:\www\temp in the easypopulate.php it stops the errors but now here is what is displayed File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\phpF.tmp

SIZE_EP776851

but there are no products added

here is my first row of products.. can anybdoy tell me why they wouldnt show up?

v_products_model;v_products_image;v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;v_p

roducts_url_1;v_products_price;v_products_weight;v_date_avail;v_date_added;v_prod

ucts_quantity;v_attribute_options_id_1;v_attribute_options_name_1_1;v_attribute_o

ptions_id_2;v_attribute_options_name_2_1;v_attribute_options_id_3;v_attribute_opt

ions_name_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_1;v_attribute_values_price_3_1;v_attribute_

values_name_3_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_2;v_attribute_values_price_3_2;v_attrib

ute_values_name_3_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_3;v_attribute_values_price_3_3;v_at

tribute_values_name_3_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_4;v_attribute_values_price_3_4;

v_attribute_values_name_3_4_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_5;v_attribute_values_price_

3_5;v_attribute_values_name_3_5_1;v_attribute_options_id_4;v_attribute_options_na

me_4_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_1;v_attribute_values_price_4_1;v_attribute_values_

name_4_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_2;v_attribute_values_price_4_2;v_attribute_val

ues_name_4_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_3;v_attribute_values_price_4_3;v_attribute

_values_name_4_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_4;v_attribute_values_price_4_4;v_attri

bute_values_name_4_4_1;v_attribute_options_id_5;v_attribute_options_name_5_1;v_at

tribute_values_id_5_1;v_attribute_values_price_5_1;v_attribute_values_name_5_1_1;

v_attribute_values_id_5_2;v_attribute_values_price_5_2;v_attribute_values_name_5_

2_1;v_manufacturers_name;v_categories_name_1;v_categories_name_2;v_categories_nam

e_3;v_tax_class_title;v_status;EOREOR;

BY13310652;;BY13310652 - SCREW;SCREW;;0.6;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Heating;;;;;EOR

EOR;

is there a way to upload a link inside the product description with easy populate?

i did replace " with /' but it dosent realy do anything

thanks

hm, did you try to configure it in EP file??? if didn't work, why don't you write link without the apostrophes like: <a href=http://www.example.com>example</a> and i think it should work....

Am I losing it, or is easypopulate missing its language file? I can't find anyone who has the same problem and the readme files don't mention anything about them. Am I missing something?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

you need to have a category name in category 1 before you can fill category 2

AFter making my temp directories the D:\www\temp in the easypopulate.php it stops the errors but now here is what is displayed File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\phpF.tmp

SIZE_EP776851

but there are no products added

here is my first row of products.. can anybdoy tell me why they wouldnt show up?

v_products_model;v_products_image;v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;v_p

roducts_url_1;v_products_price;v_products_weight;v_date_avail;v_date_added;v_prod

ucts_quantity;v_attribute_options_id_1;v_attribute_options_name_1_1;v_attribute_o

ptions_id_2;v_attribute_options_name_2_1;v_attribute_options_id_3;v_attribute_opt

ions_name_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_1;v_attribute_values_price_3_1;v_attribute_

values_name_3_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_2;v_attribute_values_price_3_2;v_attrib

ute_values_name_3_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_3;v_attribute_values_price_3_3;v_at

tribute_values_name_3_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_4;v_attribute_values_price_3_4;

v_attribute_values_name_3_4_1;v_attribute_values_id_3_5;v_attribute_values_price_

3_5;v_attribute_values_name_3_5_1;v_attribute_options_id_4;v_attribute_options_na

me_4_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_1;v_attribute_values_price_4_1;v_attribute_values_

name_4_1_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_2;v_attribute_values_price_4_2;v_attribute_val

ues_name_4_2_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_3;v_attribute_values_price_4_3;v_attribute

_values_name_4_3_1;v_attribute_values_id_4_4;v_attribute_values_price_4_4;v_attri

bute_values_name_4_4_1;v_attribute_options_id_5;v_attribute_options_name_5_1;v_at

tribute_values_id_5_1;v_attribute_values_price_5_1;v_attribute_values_name_5_1_1;

v_attribute_values_id_5_2;v_attribute_values_price_5_2;v_attribute_values_name_5_

2_1;v_manufacturers_name;v_categories_name_1;v_categories_name_2;v_categories_nam

e_3;v_tax_class_title;v_status;EOREOR;

BY13310652;;BY13310652 - SCREW;SCREW;;0.6;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Heating;;;;;EOR

EOR;

Hi EP has been allways my Favourite contribution. I am setting up a bookstore right now which has EP installed and was working great untill i installed Admin Access Level 2.2a. After adding a finame to box i can see the easypopulate link and it functions just usual the real problem is when i want to download the Tab Delimated file to pc. whenever I try to export or download updated files, all EP does when I click on the download link is take me to the admin login page. nothing to download, nothing in the temp directory when I chose to create rather than download. The situation is horrible esepcially when i am about to finish the project by adding all the products and give to client in last stage is someone facing the same problem.. Reply back. Thanks in Adavance

I am having the same problem as recently reported.

Easy Populate was working fine the last time I used it (about a month ago - maybe six weeks) but now returns errors when trying to use the Upload EP File and Import from Temp Dir functions.

I don't use Easy Populate often but when I do (usually for a big update) it has always worked great.

The error when using the Upload EP File function:

I browse locally to the text file and press the Insert into db button - the file uploads fine to the temporary directory specified in the EP file.

This is what is returned:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpCtGy0R

User filename: hu7197xupdate.txt

Size: 12926

No update is performed to the database though.

If I try to use the Import from Temp Dir function all that returns is the filename - example:

Filename: hu7197xupdate.txt

Note that this is the correct filename of hu7197xupdate.txt - not the temporary filename assigned like the example Temporary filename above (phpCtGy0R) .

Repeated attempts result in different Temporary filename: phpxxxxxxxx but the rest of the information remains the same.

Another thing I noticed was that the Temporary filename always starts with php followed by the random characters.

(That may be normal operation and I just never noticed the /tmp/phpxxxx happen before).

Here's some miscellaneous info that may or may not be of use:

I am on a shared Linux server with PHP version 4.3.11.

In the osCommerce Server Info tool I see that Configuration / PHP Core / upload_tmp_dir is set to /tmp which of course is referenced in my example above.

If anyone needs more info let me know.

Brian - BFCase

There must be something with the seseeion ID the admin acess creates and the link waht Easy populate gives for download. all the links gets assigned with the seesion ID created by Admin Acess Contribution and then shows in browsers. Filename typed manually will redirect to the login.

after looging in it generates a URL for any page like this one

http://www.wisdomindia.org/admin/easypopul...b0120b148aacdf1

wherein osCAdminID=73934c6778d065e2cb0120b148aacdf1 is generated by the Admin Access COntribution changes and the ling what easy populate generates for downloading the files is like

http://www.wisdomindia.org/admin/easypopul...eam&dltype=full

Since it doesnt have the osCAdminID=73934c6778d065e2cb0120b148aacdf1 in it te page will simply takeen to the login area again and then since it generates a new session the person comes in circle again.

Forgive me i am horrible in programming but i explained this thing here just because this is what my logic is saying now. Any good php programmer can see the difference. so if i paste the url generated by easy populate with the osCAdminID=73934c6778d065e2cb0120b148aacdf1 by the rule of php then i guess i will be bale to download the file.

Not sure serached for forums and people have faced the problems but havent found any solution so faar

if you loko at taht again there is nothing in categories_2 here is my simple .txt file and now it goes to a blank page.. can you please help?

v_products_model;v_products_name_1;v_products_description_1;v_products_price;v_c

ategories_name_1;EOREOR;

BY13310652;BY13310652 - SCREW;SCREW;0.6;Heating;EOREOR;

what is wrong with that simple txt file?