• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I have this problem, please help:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">

Anyone has any idea? Thanks.

namboz: Same issue as my post above.

John Skurka

OK, now I need some help.

What's the best way to update your store with EP? My problem: I've got over 13,000 products that need to have the stock quantities updated rather frequently. I've spent a great deal of time fixing the feed from my supplier (with the apostrophe issue) and so I don't want to have to do that every time.

Using the feed I get from them, I can strip out everything but the product ID, and the stock level, but the issue occurs when they add a new product to the feed that doesn't exist in my store.

What's the best way to go about doing this?

John Skurka

hi folks,

i've just installed easy populate and find it very interesting... cool man!!!

but, after i've read all the instructions in contribution and installed it, my first trying of uploading the tab delimited file was done with the error written below:

"No products_model field in record. This line was not imported"

also, the change that i was trying to make in Excell has made some empty rows in one subcategory where real changes should be made...

how can i fix it and where is the problem?

thanx

don't know is this answer is for me, but if it is, still didn't understand a thing

Same problem, and I defenitly have a product model number in. What I did is download a file with my prods in, and simply changed the description of one of the items and then uploaded again. SO basically I didn't change anything, and I too get the "No products_model field in record. This line was not imported" error. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

hi, mibble!

first at all, i wanna thank you for giving all of these helpfull answers, thanx man! you really have strong nerves for newbies like we are... :-)

well, i use:

osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Release Notes

Copyright © osCommerce 2003

Saturday 12th July, 2003

&

Easypopulate v2.72-MS2 (with attributes)

just to say that although this message is shown, my products is added succesfully & i really dont know how

what version of osCommerce and EasyPopulate? did you get them here or was it preinstalled?

Hello,

I installed Easy Populate 2.61.2 back in 2003. I setup my store but never went thru with actually opening it for business.

Now I think I'm going to persue this. I wanted to update things a little and one being easy populate. I went to the contrib section and could not make sense of all the different versions. I am still using the version of osCommerce that was out in August of 2003.

Can someone help me out on this. Which one do I use? Can this page be cleaned up a little?

Thanks!!

PS I may have posted this in the wrong thread. :)

hey,

one more silly question about importing tab delimited file into database:

does excel columns must be in the same sort order as database fields or, for example: v_products_model can be at the last column in the tab delimited file?

I'm getting a similar error, however, removing the /catalog/ entry in one of them at a time and testing, but I am getting these errors.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/apkyffwb/public_html/catalog/temp/test1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/apkyffwb/public_html/davikwebstore/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpLxXc0J' to '/home/apkyffwb/public_html/catalog/temp/test1.txt' in /home/apkyffwb/public_html/davikwebstore/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpLxXc0J

User filename: test1.txt

Size: 2434

Warning: file(/home/apkyffwb/public_html/catalog/temp/test1.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/apkyffwb/public_html/davikwebstore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/apkyffwb/public_html/davikwebstore/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

your store is not located in /catalog thus just use /temp/ as the file path for the temp.

also, your FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT needs to be set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

Please excuse me for being dumb...but...I need to change FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in easypopulate.php? There are several references in easypopulate.php to FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT. Do I need to change all of them?

I should change the file path for the temp tothis?

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

hi folks , i installed EP 2.76b , and it work good for me , excetp that i don't know how to get the categories be filled in

the shop database in multilanguage , what is trange is taht i see the product description are in multilanguage, so why not

the categories !?

do u think i have to use the infos in the contrib "New Fields with Easy Populate"

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1717

or is there any other way to get the full multilanguage for product but also all categories of the shop ?

MS2

Please excuse me for being dumb...but...I need to change FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in easypopulate.php? There are several references in easypopulate.php to FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT. Do I need to change all of them?

I should change the file path for the temp tothis?

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

I figured this problem out. Thank you for your help Mibble!

Okay guys, I'm lost.

First of all, why is the documentation in the "readmefirst" file different from that of the manual?

Secondly, my real problem is that I'm getting a 403 Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on this server.

I've checked permissions on the files, and set them to 777, same with catalog\temp, no change.

The store URL is http://www.midwestbarbell.com/catalog, I've just installed the latest milestone release, and this is the only addon I've attempted thus far on this installation.

I don't understand the "FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT" discussion above - are you guys talking about changing that in easypopulate.php, or in configure.php?

This is the line from my configure.php:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

As always, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also getting this when I look at the sessions directory:

Warning: session_start(): open(temp/sess_dcbbfeb961ffb0f602c55fc1fb7eb5e3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/midwestbarbell.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/midwestbarbell.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/midwestbarbell.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Unknown(): open(temp/sess_dcbbfeb961ffb0f602c55fc1fb7eb5e3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (temp) in Unknown on line 0

Don't know if that's related or not.

ok I am using easy populate 2.76 and I have a small problem..

I am able to import all my products without any problems all products go to the catagory they are supposed to but the problem i have is that the products not only go to the correct catagory but all the products are listed not in a category also.. umm let em try to explain this better..

think of it like a file directory.. in my import file I have all products marked to go into categories or directories there should be no products listed in the root of the products list but every product is listed there and in the categories also so the products are listed 2 times once in the category and once out of the category.. I want to stop the double listing of my products.. thanks

I hope this makes sence and any help anyoue could give would be great...

sounds like your temp dir is not set to /catalog/temp/ and also it does not have 777 permissions.

Also getting this when I look at the sessions directory:

Warning: session_start(): open(temp/sess_dcbbfeb961ffb0f602c55fc1fb7eb5e3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/midwestbarbell.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/midwestbarbell.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/midwestbarbell.com/httpdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Unknown(): open(temp/sess_dcbbfeb961ffb0f602c55fc1fb7eb5e3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (temp) in Unknown on line 0

Don't know if that's related or not.

just uploaded close to 300 products to my site with no problems so far.

Excellent contrib!!!

The whole thing about a temp directory tripped me out though. It could be explained alittle better IMO. I dont remember there ever being a temp directory when I installed OS.

I have easy populate working. No problems. Except...

I have installed Separate Pricing per Customer/Group contrib. It's working, but when I click on the "Download complete tab delimited EP file" I get all the expected columns except for separate pricing columns.

I have uncommented all the separate pricing columns I need in easypopulate.php, but they do not show up the tab delimited file. What am I missing here?