• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Could it be that becuase I had to use this http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...egister_globals

to disable register_globals? I installed EP on another site and it worked 100% the only diff between the two site are the register_globals.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...43entry733943

This has the answer, worked for me and I have reg globals disabled. Hope it helps.

Cath

I fixed the problem with the register globals and now I can download the tab del file

but when I upload it show this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpXO7aAW

User filename: EP2006Jan12-1604.txt

Size:

But there is NO products uploaded. Where must I look for the error?

Pixy

One day at a time - we all have to learn

post your configure.php file here, without the database info and also what your temp setting is.

are you using php5? find out by the admin/tools/server info.

if so there is a fix for that too.

osCommerce is written for use with register globals and below php5 is why you are having to add the contributions.

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://scrappingsa.co.za'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://scrappingsa.co.za');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT',$DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/httpd/vhosts/scrappingsa.co.za/httpdocs/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/httpd/vhosts/scrappingsa.co.za/httpdocs/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

// define our database connection

My temp setting is 777 and it is in catalog/temp

PHP - 4.3.11

Pixy

/catalog/temp/

or?

could also be data try one item first watch the apostrophes

Brilliant I was so busy looking for a scritping error that I did not remember about the apostrophes - thanks

Pixy

Have not import a file made by EP (selfmade file)

EP 2.76b

osC2.2MS2_updated (also tested on osC2.2MS2)

php 5.0.2

mysql 4.1.7

All works but when I create a file in temp-dir and then try to import them changes only a first record and another is not.

I'm seeing this:

Filename: EP2006Jan13-1503.txt

| MG200MMS | matrox/mg2 | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Unterst?tz | www.matrox | Matrox G20 | Reinforcin | www.matrox | 320.99 | 23.00 | 2006-01-13 | 2006-01-13 | 32 | 1 | Color | Farbe | Color | 2 | Size | Gr??e | Talla | 3 | Model | Modell | Modelo | 5 | Value | Value Ausg | Value | +0.0000 | 6 | Premium | Premium Au | Premium | +100.0000 | 7 | Deluxe | Deluxe Aus | Deluxe | | 8 | PS/2 | PS/2 Ansch | PS/2 | | 9 | USB | USB Anschl | USB | | 4 | Memory | Speicher | Memoria | 1 | 4 mb | 4 MB | 4 mb | +0.0000 | 2 | 8 mb | 8 MB | 8 mb | +50.0000 | 3 | 16 mb | 16 MB | 16 mb | +70.0000 | 4 | 32 mb | 32 MB | 32 mb | | 5 | Version | Version | Version | 10 | Download: | Download: | Download: | | 13 | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | Box: Windo | | Matrox | Hardware | Graphics C | | Taxable Go | Active Updated

| MG400-32M | MSIMPRO m | DVD-RPMK | DVD-BLDRN | DVD-MATR | DVD-YGEM | DVD-ABUG | DVD-UNSG | DVD-UNSG2 | DVD-FDBL | DVD-DHWV | DVD-LTWP | DVD-REDC | DVD-FRAN | DVD-CUFI | DVD-SPEED | DVD-SPEED | DVD-TSAB | DVD-BELOV | PC-SWAT3 | PC-UNTM g | PC-TWOF g | PC-DISC g | MSINTKB m | MSIMEXP m | HPLJ1100X |

Tested also 2.72 - the same result.

Where is an error?

===============================

Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!

Hello,

I have Easy Populate 2.78-MS2 version installed on my osCommerce website. Everything works find for the most part, but I have a couple questions I was hoping someone could help me out with.

First, what does Easy Populate 2.78-MS2 use as the unique field so it doesn't allow duplicates? Is it the product_id or product_model fields? I have a feeling it's the product_id field, but I'm not sure.

Second, when I export my product catalog it doesn't export the product_id field. Can somebody tell me how I can include that field in my export?

If the product_id is the unique field I will be able to sort the file in excel from the product_id field and it will allow me to match up my inventory to another file that I have with the product_id field in it as well.

Third, is there a fix for the apostrophe problem in Easy Populate 2.78-MS2? Everytime I upload back up to osCommerce, and I have product titles with an apostrophes such as "A Bug's Life". It gives me an error so I have to go back to the file and change all product listings to "A Bug\'s Life" just to make it work properly.

Thank you for your help,

olimits7

Ok I have searched the forums as well as looked a the last few pages and can not find any info about the error I am getting below:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's very best flow rate, and averts "shoot down"

Sintered filters at fill po' at line 3

What am I doing wrong???

Please help!!

Thanks,

Shane

I installed EP and everything is looking fine but when i select "download a complete tab deliminated files" the file is downloading, but when im opening it, its empty and i have about 1400 products in store.

Its strange, because there is no problem when selecting:

Download Model/Price/Qty tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Model/Category tab-delimited .txt file to edit

Download Froogle tab-delimited .txt file

Download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file

But i "solved" this problem this way im selecting 'creat complete tab... ' and then i download the file through ftp..

But the main problem is:

When i upload into db even not edited 'complete tab file' or other file i get lots of new categories and products?

Please help

Hi,

I have this problem, please help:

I just installed the newest oscomerce and easypopulate.

I downloaded the "complete" text file, where I have 1 product (through the easypopulate menu). I tried to use easypopulate to upload the same file, it failed. This is what happened:

+++++++

Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpUKZYlZ

User filename: EP2006Jan16-0505.txt

Size: 25763

| AdamsGT363 | *****2005 | | www.adams. | 218.9 | 1.00 | | 2006-01-16 | 5 | 1 | Color | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | Value | | 6 | Premium | | 7 | Deluxe | | | DRIVERS $ | | | | | | | | | | Goods and | Active | !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Courier New'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US">

INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url) VALUES ( '34', 1, ' xxx

++++++++

Where xxx is the product description.

Anyone has any idea? Thanks.

Has anyone been able to get EP working with register globals? I have tried everything I could think of but for the life of me it wont upload any files I can download the tab deliminated files but I can not upload anything.

Please help me!

Pixy

Hi there,

got a problem with setting up multilingual categories with EP.

I have imported my products with Easy Populate.

The categories are set only in the default language.

Then, if I want to set the other language settings for the imported categories,

I want to edit each category in my admin area, fill in the name of the category in each language, click to save,

but the changes are not being saved correctly / are not being saved.

Am I missing something ?

Is there a way how I can avoid this ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

Hi there,

got a problem with setting up multilingual categories with EP.

I have imported my products with Easy Populate.

The categories are set only in the default language.

Then, if I want to set the other language settings for the imported categories,

I want to edit each category in my admin area, fill in the name of the category in each language, click to save,

but the changes are not being saved correctly / are not being saved.

Am I missing something ?

Is there a way how I can avoid this ?

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I do the following to avoid it:

For each language set it as default and import your data with categories on this (currently default) language.

Nice trick. B)

===============================

Never give up! Never give up! Never give up!

Please explain in more detail. I downloaded and installed the newest build of OScommerce and I still have the error.......

Do not know where to put the /

Thanks,

Shane

When uploading your feed, anywhere there is an apostrophe in any of the fields, it has to be escaped by a reverse backslash. For instance, this line:

It's been awhile since I've seen my dog's bone.

Needs to look like this:

It\'s been awhile since I\'ve seen my dog\'s bone.

Hope this helps, and hope that in a future version, this can be added to the contribution!

John Skurka