• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

search contributions for adding fields to easypopulate. you can duplicate the remarked out fields in the easypopulate.php file, substitute your field names with the ones remarked out, unremark them and try it. do just one field first, make sure it imports and exports the fields properly

Hey guys, I'm having some severe problems with Easy Populate. I've added these fields to my product info:

product price (cost)

and i would like that to come up in easy populate as well.

But I can't seem to do anything right with easy pop. :/. Is there anyone that can offer me a little more towards one on one support for this. Or if there's a link they can send me to with someone having the same problem that was answered already that'd be great.

Doesn't seem like your path is correct @ catalogo//catalog/temp/

If catalogo is correct, then path should probably be catalogo/temp/

Suggestion to see the path as EP sees it find

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="easypopulate.php?split=0" METHOD=POST>
		  <p>
			<div align = "left">
			<p><b>Upload EP File</b></p>
			<p>

To display your complete path on the page change above code to below.

<FORM ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data" ACTION="easypopulate.php?split=0" METHOD=POST>
		  <p>
			<div align = "left">
			<p><b>Upload EP File</b><br></b><font size="1">Stored in: <?php echo DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . $tempdir;?></font></p>
			<p>

How can i change the path since all i do is upload the file from the admin area???

search contributions for adding fields to easypopulate. you can duplicate the remarked out fields in the easypopulate.php file, substitute your field names with the ones remarked out, unremark them and try it. do just one field first, make sure it imports and exports the fields properly

What snippets of code would I be using to do this? That's what I can't seem to find.

If you are using Excel to edit you may want to check the formatting on date columns. Excel by default changes that column and slaughters the mysql formatting. You need to set date columns to custom: YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss formatting in Excel.

Of course this is a useless post if you are not using Excel.

I am using Excel, and made the change you suggested and re-uploaded - Works Now!

Thanks Zelf!

John Skurka

Hey all:

I'm currently working on two stores: the first has ~1400 products. I've used EP and uploaded the products with little problem. This store has three levels of categories (main, sub, and sub-sub). Everything worked fine.

Now, the second store has ~16,000 products, again with three levels of categories (main, sub, and sub-sub). Now, when I upload the EP file, each product is given it's OWN CATEGORY. So now, I have ~16000 categories, many with the same name!!

So my questons.

(1) What's the easiest way to do a mass delete of these categories? Doing it in phpMyAdmin 500 at a time takes alot of time. Is there an easy SQL script that will do it? The same need to happen with the categorie description table.

(2) What's the issue with EP causing this to happen? I've noticed that some of my descriptions are too long and are being truncated, is this the problem?

Bottom line, I don't want to experiment myself since this DB is so large (and clearing it out and trying something new will waste lots of time), I'd like to get it fixed with one shot if possible.

Thanks.

John Skurka

(1) What's the easiest way to do a mass delete of these categories? Doing it in phpMyAdmin 500 at a time takes alot of time. Is there an easy SQL script that will do it? The same need to happen with the categorie description table.

OK, think I figured this one out on my own - in phpMyAdmin just click on the "Empty" tab.

Now to figure out why each product is being uploaded into it's own category...

John Skurka

Hi,

I sucessfully installed EP on my development server at home and it worked brilliantly.

However now i have uploaded the site to a shared server it no longer works!

There logged errors are:

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 281 (Notice) Undefined variable: dltype

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 294 (Notice) Undefined variable: download

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 294 (Notice) Undefined variable: download

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 692 (Notice) Undefined variable: localfile

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 692 (Notice) Undefined variable: usrfl

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 762 (Notice) Undefined variable: usrfl

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 1308 (Notice) Undefined variable: products_attributes_stock

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 341 (Notice) Undefined index: v_products_image

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 412 (Notice) Undefined index: v_categories_id

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 454 (Notice) Undefined index: v_categories_name_6

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 592 (Notice) Undefined index: v_tax_class_id

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 593 (Notice) Undefined index: v_tax_class_id

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 594 (Notice) Undefined index: v_products_price

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 595 (Notice) Undefined index: v_products_price

/homepages/10/d148958661/htdocs/store/admin/easypopulate.php: 599 (Notice) Undefined index: v_status

The undefined index errors repeat over and over.

Any help appreciated - thanks,

Tom

I have just installed Easy Populate and it's all working fine. I turned on QTPro and attributes in configuration and encounter only 1 problem:

When I tried to download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file to edit, ALL attributes appears in ALL products, irregardless of whether the product indeed has that attributes!! E.g.

v_products_model, v_attribute_options_id_1, v_attribute_options_name_1_1

DVD - Here, 1, Color

Shoe 1, 1, Color

It is really puzzling when I only assigned the attribute "Color" to Shoe 1 but NOT to DVD - Here and the row for the product DVD - Here has "Color" as one of its attributes!!!! Vice verson, Shoe 1 has an attribute named "Region Code" in the downloaded txt file.

This is very very strange! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I didn't modify the easypopulate.php file at all, except changing the configuration part near the top of the file.

Edited by ken.yong

(2) What's the issue with EP causing this to happen? I've noticed that some of my descriptions are too long and are being truncated, is this the problem?

Yup - that was it. Descriptions exceeded 32 characters, which causes a new categorie to be created each time. The fix: Shorten up the descriptions rather than increase DB size.

John Skurka

OK, well I've nearly figured out my two issues, but a new one has arisen: How do I clear/reset the category product counts?

I thought by "emptying" the DB tables would have done it, but it didn't. I've emptied the counter and counter history DB's as well but the counter keeps increasing each time I empty and re-upload the EP file.

John Skurka

Well, the 16k product list was uploaded, and it appears that some products are being installed into the wrong categories. I'm wondering if this is a leftover from earlier uploads, where I had an issue with a column not being recognized by EP.

So, WHat's the best way to clear out the DB's of all data? A resinstall? Or is there some phpMyAdmin commnds that will do it?

John Skurka

I installed EP and I have done the changes as per the read me file but I do not get it to show as a menu item?

all that shows is this:

FILENAME_IMP_EXP_CATALOG

In the read me file there are to fields:

// Easy polulate //define('FILENAME_IMP_EXP_CATALOG', 'easypopulate.php');

// END

7. Edit files \admin\includes\languages\english.php and \admin\includes\languages\italian.php and add in bottom before ?> :

// Easy polulatedefine('BOX_CATALOG_IMP_EXP', 'Utility Import Export');

// END

I assumed that it should have been Easy Populate and changed it other than that I followed the instructions 100%

I also have SPPC installed but I didnt think that will cause a problem?

Pixy

One day at a time - we all have to learn

OK, well I've nearly figured out my two issues, but a new one has arisen: How do I clear/reset the category product counts?

I thought by "emptying" the DB tables would have done it, but it didn't. I've emptied the counter and counter history DB's as well but the counter keeps increasing each time I empty and re-upload the EP file.

Turns out that you have to "empty" the products_to_categories table as well in phpMyAdmin.

All is good.

John Skurka

Hiya,

I just installed this contrib, I downloaded the csv of my stock, and change all my product weights to the correct weight so that shipping would be accurate.

I edit the file in excel then save it again, then upload it with a success message.

Then, all happy I checked my product weights in my catalog, but alas, they are still the same! no changes! gutted!

:(

Any ideas peeps?

Cheers,

Jon.

I have Easy Populate working OK with a few minor exceptions.

1: When I download the froogle file it gets hosed up, some prices missing and other image urls, it's basically missing all columns after the description column. but not for all items. I think it is just on new or edited items.

I get a lot of my sales from froogle so I want to get this fixed ASAP. My old listings seem to be active on froogle yet.

2: Almost all of my images in my desriptions get commented out too. I had to set the configure files to replace escape quotes, to get it to work at all. Not all descriptions are in a html format. Could that be the problem?

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

i have a problem and not sure what to do about it, my products dont show up in my my catalog. But it does show up under "New Products for December" All that shows up is the picture and price though, and no title. When I click on it I get an error saying product not found. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can correct this? Thanks!

i have a problem and not sure what to do about it, my products dont show up in my my catalog. But it does show up under "New Products for December" All that shows up is the picture and price though, and no title. When I click on it I get an error saying product not found. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can correct this? Thanks!

never mind that problem got it fixed, now i have another problem the max items i can upload is 23 at a time is there a way i can fix this?? if i go more then 23 it gives me a sql error.

never mind that problem got it fixed, now i have another problem the max items i can upload is 23 at a time is there a way i can fix this?? if i go more then 23 it gives me a sql error.

never mind about this too i got it lol sorry for waisting space

I uploaded EP created a temp directory and everything is looking fine but when I select "Download a complete Tab Deliminated File" NOTHING happens. Can you please help?

Pixy

I read through it and I changed admin/includes/config file I changed the document_root as you suggested but it is still not working everything else on the site works 100% . Is there maybe something else I am missing?

Pixy