• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

What setting are you referring to?

Hi, I have installed EP successfully and in process of modifying the product attributes.

Like to know what is the best way(batch) to delete the default product attri. and replace them with those fit in my product characters?

Here is what I am planning to do.

1. Download product file via EP(tab-delimited)

2. delete those product attri. cloumns which are not suitable for my sotre products and add whatever is suitable for my store.

3. Upload it back via EP.

Am I right?

Question: are those deleted attributes will be deleted from the database after I upload it back?

If not what should I do to achieve that. Such as product info in German and Espalo languages.

TIA

SPencer

Hi, I can only get it to update one product (the first row), it doesn't want to change any of the others. It exports the file fine and everything. I made sure there weren't any wierd characters in the descriptions.

Any ideas?

Edited by jeffy777

most likely php version 5, read thru the last 10 pages or sof or the fix

yes, it is running php5, and I just tried it on a server running php4 and it worked great. Now I'll see if I can find that fix, thanks :) If you happen to know a link to the post with the fix that would be great

you will have to fill in the information

Do you mean that there is no way to quickly upload the information into the short description automatically with easy populate?

The store I am working on is 20,000 items, so I am going to need to try to custom program something somehow. Do you have any recommendations on where to start?

Thanks,

Ben.

as with all products, you have to key them in. unless you already have a prefilled data sheet somewhere.

to pull the info from the description defeats the purpose of the short description contribution.

as with all products, you have to key them in. unless you already have a prefilled data sheet somewhere.

to pull the info from the description defeats the purpose of the short description contribution.

Thank you Mibble!

I do have a pre-filled data sheet. What options does that open up?

Thanks,

Ben

you need to start experimenting and see what can be imported. however you need to do one or two products manually, then download them via easypopulate, then see how the data looks, then add a few products via easypopulate. then i suggest you get a book on excel to learn how to manipulate data.

Thanks for the great contrib. I think I'm on the verge of getting it work correctly. I just have 2 issues.

1st. When I export my whole catalog, the fields are seperated by semi-colons. For some reason this jams up up excel and it puts all fields into the A column. The work around I've been doing is replacing the semi-colons with commas then importing it into excel as a csv. Is there an easier way to do this?

2nd. using a fresh file I tried adding just one file into an existing category to test things out. Everything looked like it worked fine, except the product didn't show up into my my catalog. But it does show up under "New Products for December" All that shows up is the picture and price though, and no title. When I click on it I get an error saying product not found. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can correct this? Thanks!

you need to start experimenting and see what can be imported. however you need to do one or two products manually, then download them via easypopulate, then see how the data looks, then add a few products via easypopulate. then i suggest you get a book on excel to learn how to manipulate data.

Hi Mibble.

The short description field isn't downloaded via easypopulate. The field where it is stored in the database is

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `short_desc` TEXT;

Does this make any sense to you?

Thanks,

Ben

open your easypopulate.php file and change the delimited from semicolon to tab delimited.

Thanks for the great contrib. I think I'm on the verge of getting it work correctly. I just have 2 issues.

1st. When I export my whole catalog, the fields are seperated by semi-colons. For some reason this jams up up excel and it puts all fields into the A column. The work around I've been doing is replacing the semi-colons with commas then importing it into excel as a csv. Is there an easier way to do this?

2nd. using a fresh file I tried adding just one file into an existing category to test things out. Everything looked like it worked fine, except the product didn't show up into my my catalog. But it does show up under "New Products for December" All that shows up is the picture and price though, and no title. When I click on it I get an error saying product not found. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how I can correct this? Thanks!

HI all

i am farely new to the osc, i have osc 2.2ms2 i have installed the easy populate 2.77ms2

here is the problem, i have copyed the link to the catalog.php to display the easy populate link in the admin section, that works fine

but when i try to download any of the tab-delimater files the screen just refreshes, the same goes for creating any file.

now i have read back through the post and noticed a few pple have had the same problem and i have followed the fix ups but still it is not working, i have made sure the tab dilimanator is selected

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

i have also check to make sure the root director is right in the admin/includes/configure.php file

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.seaviewaquariums.com.au'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.seaviewaquariums.com.au');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/var/www/html/seaviewaquariums/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/var/www/html/seaviewaquariums/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

i have created a temp dir in the catalog folder with permision 777 and also in the root director just in case, i have also double check to make sure the easypopulate.php file is correct inregards to the temp director

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

the php version is 4.3.11 so its not an issue with php5

any help on to why easy populate still doesnt work would be great.

thanks

Mike

and a Froggle question...

I downloaded the Froogle tab-delimited .txt file and tried uploading it to Froogle.

I recieved an error that the header lines (4 of them) are no longer supported by froogle.

html escaped = yes

updates only = no

product type = other

quoted = yes

Any one else using the Froogle file? I removed those 4 lines and tried uploading the file again. Just thought Id pass this info on.

Hey I have one more quick question, I'm sure it has already been asked, but I couldn't find anything on it, and I just don't have time to go through all 158 threads! Anyways I'm just trying to upload one product and I've tried it with a few different products and I get the same error. Its:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'em Omaha Seven-Card Stud and Razz.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? thanks!