• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Thanks for your answer, mibble.

I got a look in the tax section, set "$price_with_tax" to false and updated my products with a new import.

All messages coming during import are showing me the correct price as listed in my file.

For example, price in message/file is EUR 1,93965517, which is without tax.

With tax, that is what I expect to be shown in osC, is EUR 2,25 (its 16% VAT).

But osC always shows up with EUR 1,16.

Is there a problem with dot and comma in the prices (different dezimal systems between the countries) ?

Do I have to put my price in EP with 1.93965517 ?

But to be honest, I tried this already with no effect :)

Is there another variable I have to setup ? Or is $price_with_tax the correct one and only ?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

Hi Mibble,

I was not on the right side with my statement, that there is no difference between dot and comma in prices.

I'm working on a linux machine and my spreadsheet application switched my entered dot-price into comma, but I didnt realized it correctly.

Now I edited the txt-file I gave EP to import. First I tried only EUR 4 and it was imported correctly.

Then I edited to EUR 4.10 and it worked too.

So, sorry for inconvenience, great contribution !!

One question remains on my side. Is there a setting in the ep-files, where I can switch from dot to comma in pricing ?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

Thanks for the imput. I cleared my database of all products and attempted to upload my products once again. The products appear to be placed into the first two categories as duplicates and once in the final category. It does not replicate past the fist two categories.

Example:

V_categories_name_1

products

v_categories_name_2

Televisions

v_categories_name_3

Flat Screen

v_categories_name_4

LCD

When I upload the products will be placed in the products folder, the televisions folder, and in the last LCD folder. Is there any way to just make it upload into the last folder without duplicating in the first two?

Once again thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks,

Marco

I have a problem with uploading my products. When I upload, I keep getting this syntax error. Now, there's no ' (apostrophes) in my codes. But I'm still getting those syntax errors. I can upload the files just fine if I leave the description blank, but if I leave my html codes in there, it starts acting all crazy. What should I do? Thanks.

got the problem figured out. I added a "\" in front of every apostrophe and the problem is fixed.

However, I do have a brand new problem. All the HTML Codes I insert into EP seems to come out a little distorted. My Tables are all jacked up, and all the image alignments are whack too. Does anyone have a solution to this? Please help, thanks...

post a few lines of your text file here

Thanks for the imput. I cleared my database of all products and attempted to upload my products once again. The products appear to be placed into the first two categories as duplicates and once in the final category. It does not replicate past the fist two categories.

Example:

V_categories_name_1

products

v_categories_name_2

Televisions

v_categories_name_3

Flat Screen

v_categories_name_4

LCD

When I upload the products will be placed in the products folder, the televisions folder, and in the last LCD folder. Is there any way to just make it upload into the last folder without duplicating in the first two?

Once again thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks,

Marco

Mibble, can you help me with this problem? please....

got the problem figured out. I added a "\" in front of every apostrophe and the problem is fixed.

However, I do have a brand new problem. All the HTML Codes I insert into EP seems to come out a little distorted. My Tables are all jacked up, and all the image alignments are whack too. Does anyone have a solution to this? Please help, thanks...

post a few lines of your text file here

v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_categories_name_4	v_categories_name_5	v_categories_name_6	v_categories_name_7	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR
8210071450	wine.jpg	3 Blind Moose Cabernet Sauvignon	Cabernet Sauvignon		3.5	0			0		Wine	California	Cabernet Sauvignon 	Coastal				Taxable Goods	Inactive	EOREOR
83330200103	wine.jpg	Aquinas Napa Cabernet Sauvignon	Napa Cabernet Sauvignon		27.99	0			0		Wine	California	Cabernet Sauvignon 	Napa				Taxable Goods	Inactive	EOREOR

Its a tab delimited file, I left it unformatted so you can check it out.

Thanks,

Marco

Mibble, can you help me with this problem? please....

I have found that the best thing to do when you are adding HTML to your product descriptions is to change all the " double quotes to ' single quotes with the \ back slash to escape them. That should work for most of the simple stuff. I've played with this a bunch and that seems to work best.

Unfortunately I have not figured out how to deal with more complicated code like nested quotes, javascript and the like and so the few products I have with more complicated code I just add manually to the admin products page and that works for me. I keep the number to a minimum.

I have asked this question many times and have not had a satisfying response, so if you figure something out that works please let me know!

I have a question regarding apostrophes and quotes as well. I have a large number of products that I'm moving over to OSC from another catalog (Optioncart). I have the .txt file ready to go except for most of my descriptions have apostrophes and/or quotes in them. I'd like to do a search and replace, but a large number of my descriptions are too long and Excel chokes on them. I've also tried opening the file in Notepad and doing a search and replace there, but the file is too big and is screwed up when I reopen the file in Excel. Any suggestions for me other than doing a manual search and replace? :D

Edited by 241

Laurel

Ok,

I've set my temp directory to /catalog/temp/

i've set the seperator to tab

i've added 1 product manually

i've downloaded a Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit

that 1 product is showing

i have copied the format of that product for another 5 products exactly

i've uploaded that file to my temp directory via ftp (chmod 777 on the temp directory btw)

i've gone to 'Upload EP File'

browsed for the same file on my harddrive and selected 'Insert into db'

GUESS WHAT

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2005Dec08-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php3ajZpB' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2005Dec08-2109.txt' in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php3ajZpB

User filename: EP2005Dec08-2109.txt

Size: 36146

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/temp/EP2005Dec08-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

What is going on????

Can I really be this stupid???

Please Please help i'm going insane!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Hi John, I'm having a problem that I believe others have reported and you've been able to help them resolve, but I've tried the recommendations you've had on other posts and still no luck.

The issue I'm having, is I've installed Easy populate, and followed every step of the install procedures (and re-checked everything multiple times), but when I click on any of the "Download EP and Froogle Files" the page refreshes, but nothing happens.

Here is what I have done:

Created a catalog/temp folder with permissions set to 777

Here is my config file from catalog/includes:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.myhairoutlet.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://myhairoutlet.secure.powweb.com'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.myhairoutlet.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'myhairoutlet.secure.powweb.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/m/y/myhairoutlet.com/htdocs/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

And from catalog/admin/includes:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.myhairoutlet.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.myhairoutlet.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://myhairoutlet.secure.powweb.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', true); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/www/m/y/myhairoutlet.com/htdocs/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Any suggestions? Is there any additional info I can provide that might help? Thanks in advance.

i believe i see it, DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT is showing up, post the top half of your admin/includes/configure.php file (without the database connection info)

Here you go:

<?php

/*

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.fancy-dress-party.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.fancy-dress-party.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

I am having trouble with Easy Populate. I have been using it for a while now and had to switch servers and now it is not working. I can download the ep file but when I upload the file I get this.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpoKLvEt

User filename: EPpromark1.txt

Size: 10216

Then nothing shows up on the store. Any help would be great. Thanks,

define('DIR_FS_$DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/');

to

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

I made this change to my admin/include/configure.php, but still get the same results. Page refreshes, but nothing appears to happen when I click any of the Download EP and Froogle Files.

ok,

that's seeemd to have sorted the problem however a new issues has no arrived.

I have uploaded a file which EP successfully added all the products.

I have included a category for each product but they do not show in the navbar on the left.

If i click on one of the products in the 'new arrivals' side box the category will show however it soon disappears again when i click 'home'

did you use model #'s?

I do have model numbers; although upon this suggestion I double checked, and I did have 1 duplicate model number. I was hoping that was the problem; unfortunately after deleting the duplicate I'm still having the same problem :(