• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Guys,

below is my easypopulate.php. After fixing configure.php and easypopulate.php, I'm still running into the same problem. I'm really running out of ideas.. What could be wrong here...

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

#1 edit ep for the date function

#2 all ep does is dump the data onto the site, shoud not be a problem keeping all the data

for the 255 column limit, switch to quattro pro 12, gives approx 18000 columns

This is a HUGE thread! Allot to sort through, so apologies in advance if this is a repeat post.

Easy Populate works great in my store for uploading new products, but I'm not pleased with the update side. I have thousands of products to sort through, so it would be nice to update my "master" spread sheet, then upload the changes file...HOWEVER

1) The way it uploads now, all products are updated with the same date added, which makes all my products "New Products" every time it uploads. How can I fix this?

2) I've tried only partial uploads, i.e. just inventory updates, but that leaves my other fields blank. Can I upload partial listings without having to completely update every product field?

This would be ideal for products with extensive listings (HTML etc.) that won?t fit in the 256 character field limit in excel.

THANKS! :thumbsup:

Mibble,

Can you look at my problem too?

below is my easypopulate.php. After fixing configure.php and easypopulate.php, I'm still running into the same problem. I've also set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT. I'm really running out of ideas.. What could be wrong here...

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

//$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

you need to set the file permissions to 777 for the temp directory

Okay, I'm having a problem with getting the uploading of my CSV and/or TXT file to work properly. Below is an image of the error that I'm receiving at the moment. I'm sure it's something simple, but it has been bugging me for the past couple of hours and I need some help.

easypopulateproblem.jpg

Thank you.

yours are the basics of what is discussed everytime in here. the admin/includes/configure.php file had a problem, was not set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT you will need to fix the other one in the easypopulate.php fle, by changing the semicolon delimited to tab delimited and it will work

Dear Mibble

Could you please give me some advice here:

While attempting:

Upload EP File/Insert into db

Address:

http://www.coatdarms.com/catalog/admin/eas...ate.php?split=0

The resource cannot be displayed

The resource you are looking for cannot be opened by your browser.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

---

MC

With Mibble's help can now upload a split file to the temp dir.... Thank you Mibble :)

However, importing the files is another problem...

When attempting 'Import from Temp Dir' in Admin I get:

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable

---

MC

Hi there,

have a strange problem. Have EP v2.76b PLUS Attributes Optimization installed.

When I import some products, the price imported in my shop is not correct.

Today I tried to import some products as the very first test, I realized that the imported price is not that one, that is shown in my import-file.

For example:

Prices in my import file: Net-price: 14,9396 EUR and Gross-price 17,33 EUR.

The price imported in the shop: Net-price 12,0690 and Gross-price 14,00 EUR

Another example:

Prices in my import file: Net-price: 4,1379 EUR and Gross-price 4,80 EUR.

The price imported in the shop: Net-price 3,4483 EUR and Gross-price 4,00 EUR

As I live in Germany, my default currency is EUR and is the standard currency. The only other currency is USD but both currency-factors are set to 1,00.

The VAT is 16%.

But all in all, I have no clue, why this happened. And I dont see a pattern clearly, how the prices come together, if you know what I mean.

Hope that some of you guys can help me, please.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

check your ep file to see how you have your tax section setup.

Hi there,

have a strange problem. Have EP v2.76b PLUS Attributes Optimization installed.

When I import some products, the price imported in my shop is not correct.

Today I tried to import some products as the very first test, I realized that the imported price is not that one, that is shown in my import-file.

For example:

Prices in my import file: Net-price: 14,9396 EUR and Gross-price 17,33 EUR.

The price imported in the shop: Net-price 12,0690 and Gross-price 14,00 EUR

Another example:

Prices in my import file: Net-price: 4,1379 EUR and Gross-price 4,80 EUR.

The price imported in the shop: Net-price 3,4483 EUR and Gross-price 4,00 EUR

As I live in Germany, my default currency is EUR and is the standard currency. The only other currency is USD but both currency-factors are set to 1,00.

The VAT is 16%.

But all in all, I have no clue, why this happened. And I dont see a pattern clearly, how the prices come together, if you know what I mean.

Hope that some of you guys can help me, please.

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

d4funky1 - Why is it difficult to tell which question is being answered?

Mibble either puts the answer above a

or answers beneath the question.

Did you see my latest problem Mibble?

---

MC

Hey, I'm having a huge problem with easy populate. Everytime i export a file, no matter which option i choose it always shows up blanks. I've modified my osCommerce store siginificantly and i'm wondering if this has taken a toll on the working of easypopulate. If anyone has ANY advice regarding the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all kindly in advance for your time. It is well valued.

i think your host blocked the uploading of files via the scripts like that, hard to say. would need to se the server log/error files.

With Mibble's help can now upload a split file to the temp dir.... Thank you Mibble :)

However, importing the files is another problem...

When attempting 'Import from Temp Dir' in Admin I get:

HTTP Error 406 - Not acceptable

---

MC

are you sure your temp is at 777 file permissions?

what is the setting in your configure.php for DOCUMENT_ROOT?

Hey, I'm having a huge problem with easy populate. Everytime i export a file, no matter which option i choose it always shows up blanks. I've modified my osCommerce store siginificantly and i'm wondering if this has taken a toll on the working of easypopulate. If anyone has ANY advice regarding the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all kindly in advance for your time. It is well valued.

I'm having this same issues described below, and was unable to find the response that fixed the issue. Can anyone help me out please? I've gone step by step throught the installation documents several times, and have searched endlessly on this thread.

Hi, please help. I wish I get a Permission Error message. I got something that's totally weird. It doesnt matter which button I click on, Upload, Download, OR Save File into Temp Dir. The easypopulate.php page simply refreshes and nothing happens. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

ok,

back to my problem

just to clarify, permissions are set correctly, temp folder is in the correct place and that's also correct in the easypopulate.php file

all good so far

go to admin>catalog>easypopulate and Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit - now this is where it's a little different from before, as with zencart i could open this file with excel and the fields would be in seperate coloumns. This file now opened with excel all fields are in the A1 field?

Anyway, i try to Upload the EP File i have just downloaded and recieve the following error

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp/EP2005Dec05-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpqsA9mV' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp/EP2005Dec05-2109.txt' in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpqsA9mV

User filename: EP2005Dec05-2109.txt

Size: 802

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp/EP2005Dec05-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

I am having problems splitting my EP file. I have about 22k products and I saved as a tab text and tried to split it in admin. I even divided it up into 5k and tried to split in admin and nothing ever shows up in my temp folder. I never get any errors. I did changed the $maxrecs to 200 to see if it would make a change. Any suggestions on uploading would be great.

Thank you,

Steve

save the file. then open excel. then open the downloaded file, walk thru the options of tab delimited, then they will be in separate columns.

if you read this line:

DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp

you are missing a slash before catalog so your configure.php file is wrong, however most likely the way you have your temp file setup in easypopulate.php as it is supposed to be /catalog/temp/

ok,

back to my problem

just to clarify, permissions are set correctly, temp folder is in the correct place and that's also correct in the easypopulate.php file

all good so far

go to admin>catalog>easypopulate and Download Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit - now this is where it's a little different from before, as with zencart i could open this file with excel and the fields would be in seperate coloumns. This file now opened with excel all fields are in the A1 field?

Anyway, i try to Upload the EP File i have just downloaded and recieve the following error

Warning: move_uploaded_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp/EP2005Dec05-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpqsA9mV' to 'DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp/EP2005Dec05-2109.txt' in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpqsA9mV

User filename: EP2005Dec05-2109.txt

Size: 802

Warning: file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOTcatalog/temp/EP2005Dec05-2109.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

D4

as i ask everyone else, what is the temp file setting in the easypopulate.php file, also what is the DOCUMENT_ROOT stting in your admin/includes/configure.php file

I am having problems splitting my EP file. I have about 22k products and I saved as a tab text and tried to split it in admin. I even divided it up into 5k and tried to split in admin and nothing ever shows up in my temp folder. I never get any errors. I did changed the $maxrecs to 200 to see if it would make a change. Any suggestions on uploading would be great.

Thank you,

Steve

check your ep file to see how you have your tax section setup.

Thanks for your answer, mibble.

I got a look in the tax section, set "$price_with_tax" to false and updated my products with a new import.

All messages coming during import are showing me the correct price as listed in my file.

For example, price in message/file is EUR 1,93965517, which is without tax.

With tax, that is what I expect to be shown in osC, is EUR 2,25 (its 16% VAT).

But osC always shows up with EUR 1,16.

Is there a problem with dot and comma in the prices (different dezimal systems between the countries) ?

Do I have to put my price in EP with 1.93965517 ?

But to be honest, I tried this already with no effect :)

Is there another variable I have to setup ? Or is $price_with_tax the correct one and only ?

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

I just uploaded my database. Everyhting went smooth but when I checked out my products, I noticed that it had duplicated the products in all of the categories and subcategories I listed. Is there any way to just place them in the last subcategory or will it duplicate the products in each category and subcategory each time I update my stock?

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks,

Marco

I just uploaded my database. Everyhting went smooth but when I checked out my products, I noticed that it had duplicated the products in all of the categories and subcategories I listed. Is there any way to just place them in the last subcategory or will it duplicate the products in each category and subcategory each time I update my stock?

Any help is really appreciated

Thanks,

Marco

You may have changed the product model numbers. That seems to be the field by which ep recognizes products. Personally, I would wish for the option to keep the product, even with a changed model number, paired with it's id number that osc uses for it's purposes.

Yeah, I actually figured my problem out before a response was given, but thank you very much for responding.

Hye

I am having the same problem, please can you share how you solved it. When ever I try downloading a file or spliting the file with easy populate, nothing happens, it just goes blank, and remains at the easy populate screen. I will be really really appreciated with the help.