• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Just thought I'd ask again. I'm not very good at PHP but I was wondering if anybody had a way to force EP to only update existing records and not create a new record if the model number provided wasn't found.

I am trying to update my stock from 3 different vendors and its taking a long time to eliminate the items that I don't carry so I thought this would be a good work around.

Any suggestions?

Just thought I'd ask again. I'm not very good at PHP but I was wondering if anybody had a way to force EP to only update existing records and not create a new record if the model number provided wasn't found.

I am trying to update my stock from 3 different vendors and its taking a long time to eliminate the items that I don't carry so I thought this would be a good work around.

Any suggestions?

Though EP is a blessing, there is something to be said for managing your data locally. In other words, don't dump excess info into your EP export file. Find a way to "tag" existing products prior the export, though they can be kept in your local db.

Once again, I'd like to work directly with the item#'s that osc uses.

negative number & price_prefix problem

When adding a negative value manually in the admin and then downloaded using EP the resulting field comes in as a negative number i.e. -12.67 (lovely)

But when you upload this same file again it updates the products_attributes - price_prefix field correctly but the negative figure stays in the options_values_price field.

So in the shop they get added together. (not so lovely)

I'm thinking there should be a seperate column for v_price_prefix in the txt file as it's updating a seperate field in the db.

Has anyone else found a fix for this as I'm sure I'm not the first to come accross it.

I did spend all morning searching for an answer to this so if it's been covered before please forgive.

I must be stupid because I can't even get a simple attributes setup to work. I created a product with the attributes desired and downloaded the file to try that, but it doesn't want to add the attributes when I do a bulk insertion.

It acts like it's missing columns. I read the first post and was thoroughly confused by the tree of code that was displayed.

I'm selling photo prints, and all I need is a Size option...4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, and 20x30. I would think this would be simple.

If someone can help get me started and tell me what columns I need in my spreadsheet, I'd be well on my way.

Here's what I have now relating to attributes because it's what was in the file downloaded after creating one product with the necessary attributes:

v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1

In addition to the others required like model and such...

download the file. see what it looks like. post it here.

Actually I got it now. I went outside to put some shipments in the mailbox and it hit me like a brick...I figured out what the original post in this thread was indicating...and I've already got my 302 photos as products added.

:-" :D

Just wondering if there is a way to download inactive items? I made the mistake of creating a lot of inactive items (items I have to enter information for and put in a category somewhere but in no hurry). Now, I find when I download a file none of the inactive items are included so I can't change their information in the database easily.

Is there any way to work around this? I'm also on a shared server and cannot access php.ini. Is there any other way to increase the execution time?

Thanks in advance

most likely on a shared server and your database is already too big for it.

QUOTE(Andreas2003 @ Nov 6 2005, 05:38 AM)

Hi there,

when I want to download a Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit,

I'm running into a timeout error.

Following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www-extern/shop/htdocs/admin/easypopulate.php on line 467

And when I try to download Model/Attributes tab-delimited .txt file, I get following message:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/www-extern/shop/htdocs/admin/includes/classes/logger.php on line 49

Can anyone tell me please, what to do, to get it done correctly ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Andreas

changing to a host where your time allotted is longer

I'm afraid that's not an option.

I tried modifying easypopulate.php as you had suggested in a previous post a while back, to include just those fields I want to modify. I'm trying to change everything from no tax to Taxable Goods.

I get the error that the Query was empty.

I added the following code:

case 'tax':
	$iii = 0;
	$filelayout = array(
	'v_products_model'	=> $iii++,
	'v_tax_class_title'		=> $iii++,
	);
$filelayout_sql = "SELECT 
	p.products_id as v_products_id,
	p.products_model as v_products_model,
	p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id
	FROM
	".TABLE_PRODUCTS." as p
	";
break;

Any suggestions?

in ep there is a setting for tax, you can set on or off

in phpmyadmin you can go update the products database to update all the products for tax in one swoop, takes a few seconds

Hi,

Noob here unfortunately. Used zencart previously so know a little.

I've seen this floating around but no real answer as far as i can see.

When i try to upload my products via EP 2.76-MS2 I get the following error

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/product_list.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpinf5B2' to '/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/product_list.txt' in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpinf5B2

User filename: product_list.txt

Size: 480051

Warning: file(/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog//catalog/temp/product_list.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

I have uploaded the fil to my /catalog/temp/ directory before performing the upload and this exact file worked fine with the EP I was using within Zencart.

I feel my temp directories are set up correctly:

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

Here is the code for those particular lines in the files:

easypopulate_functions.php

32 move_uploaded_file($filename['tmp_name'], $target);

easypopulate.php

666 $readed = file( . $tempdir . $usrfl_name);

689 foreach ($readed as $read){

Can anyone offer me some advice?

Many Thanks

D4

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phprfnw9Q

User filename: Update.txt

Size: 3467

This is all I see when I run this contribute. I've read through all the documentation (a few times) to make sure that I avoid any of the errors others have faced.

In the text file I editted an existing product and then I add a new one for testing purposes, but no updates have been made to my shop.

I guess it would be easier to troubleshoot if I had error messages.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Hello all,

I'm using the EasyPopulate and when I open up my ftp program(smart ftp) and go to the /temp/ directory to download the split files, I keep getting a permission denied error. I've checked and the permissions are set to 777. I verified it in the program in through my control panel.

I am able to upload to the /temp/ directory, and splits the files too.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Hi, I just installed the latest version of EP. When I try clicking on "Download Complete File", the page simply refreshes and nothing happens... My temp DIR is already set to 777. There's no file in my Temp DIR and there's no prompt for any type of file download. I don't know what I should do. Please help...

I've already tried uploading files too. I don't get an error message. The page simply refreshes and nothing happens. No Error, no completion message. Nothing. I was looking around the forum for an answer and someone said I should tweak the configure.php so that EP knows where the TEMP DIR is. Do you guys think that's the problem? How do I go about solving it? Please help...

Hello all,

I'm using the EasyPopulate and when I open up my ftp program(smart ftp) and go to the /temp/ directory to download the split files, I keep getting a permission denied error. I've checked and the permissions are set to 777. I verified it in the program in through my control panel.

I am able to upload to the /temp/ directory, and splits the files too.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

I fixed my problem. I had to use my ssh client and I logged into my server with the root account and navigated to my folder, and I changed the permissions and it took. I also used my ftp program afterwards and my split files now download to my hd.

Another issue I'm working on is that it took me hours to setup my database using the "complete" method, but when I uploaded my data, I have everything in it's own category and I have at least 1,000+ products in the "top" directory of the store in the admin.... and I have duplicate products in the same named categories.

Since I was able to get my split files from my server to my hd, I'm going to purge the database, and add 1 product at a time, I did do it that way the 1st time, and when it added to the store correctly, I did another product, about 3 or 4 times. Since I thought I had the hang of it, I added all my data to it, following the top row, second row, third row structure, eofeof at the end, and still it isn't correct. Hopefully me setting the permissions wiped away any possible future data corruptions/problems.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

what is DOCUMENT_ROOT set to in your admin/includes/configure.php

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/d4funky1/public_html/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Please advise, as i think this will clear this up for a number of new users.

Many Thanks

D4