• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I'll try this one more time:

Anyone?

im just looking into this now im under the assumption that if you delete the columns from excel the wont be added to the site leaving the attributes untouched! im in desperate need fopr this to work as i dave a download site and my linked downloads keep getting removed!

will let you know how i go on!

Is there a verson of EP that allows you to change the product model without changing its id number within the products db? That number seems to be the unique identifier. If this were possible, it would be easy to put the same product in several categories as well as not generating duplicate items after a name change. I am being much more systematic about my product codes by using Filemaker Pro to generate a model number based on categories than I had been before.

ck

Maybe this help for someone, who's got the same problem as i did.

I did a clean instal OSC MS2. After that i Added Multi-Stores contrib. That worked fine after the patch.

After that i added the Easy Populate contrib and there the problem occured.

The problem was that EP could not find the right Directory. This was because the DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT

was putted in a database table for the multi-Stores system.

The errors i saw were: ( i coppied the error message elsewhere from the forum, because i don't want to reproduce it)

Warning: move_uploaded_file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/dev/temp/EP2005Jul28-1604.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpzFVEW1' to '$DOCUMENT_ROOT/dev/temp/EP2005Jul28-1604.txt' in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpzFVEW1

User filename: EP2005Jul28-1604.txt

Size: 3461

Warning: file($DOCUMENT_ROOT/dev/temp/EP2005Jul28-1604.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 666

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.jarhad/elnino/hurricanecomp.com/dev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 689

My configure.php

=====

My sollution for the problem was to remove te following text from the easypopulate.php file

removed text: DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT

Now it works fine overhere.

I'm not a die hard coder so if this don't work for you i can't help you any further.

I have seen references to problems similar to this in the thread but was unable to find a solution. I also did not have sufficient time to scan 60 pages, so I was hoping someone could be of assistance.

When uploading anything, including an unmodified export of the existing data, I get the following:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\php183.tmp

User filename: pt_Items.txt

Size: 202138

No other information. There are 273 records in the file mentioned in the message. I would greatly appreciate any info on how to solve this. I am using PHP5 & MySQL 5.

I have made the "array_walk" change mentioned elsewhere.

what is your actual temp file setting, you are using windows and that does make a difference

and your DOCUMENT_ROOT setting.

If you mean the temp dir var, it is pointed at the right directory. Yes, I am using Windows. And the document root is pointed at the parent dir of the temp dir. Those paths are all correct.

Uploaded files are placed in the catalog/temp dir. It just doesn't import anything.

If you mean the temp dir var, it is pointed at the right directory. Yes, I am using Windows. And the document root is pointed at the parent dir of the temp dir. Those paths are all correct.

Uploaded files are placed in the catalog/temp dir. It just doesn't import anything.

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', 'C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/website');

what happens with one new product?

Same thing. I exported a single product and tried to re-import the unmodified file. No change.

Ok, I finally got some kind of response. I get an error message that makes it appear as though the columns are being imported in the wrong order... (???) For example, 695.00 is the price, not the weight. The column headers are in place.

| 2kfxg | 2kfxg.jpg | Series 200 | "The Sound | | | 695.00 | 1 | | 11/22/2005 | 1 | | | | | | OTHER | LOOPS & IN | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1292 - Incorrect datetime value: '1' for column 'products_date_available' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '2kfxg.jpg', '2kfxg', '0', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "1", '', ' 695.00 ', '11/22/2005 14:36', 'NULL')

dd you leave the date field empty and let ep fill it in automatically or are you keying that in? also looks like you are missing the products_description field on your import, which would push things off

dd you leave the date field empty and let ep fill it in automatically or are you keying that in? also looks like you are missing the products_description field on your import, which would push things off

I left the date field empty. Doesn't EP auto-fill it?

The products description field contains quotes and HTML, which resulted in the truncated message. When I removed all single and double quotes, I still received the error as:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: C:\PHP\uploadtemp\php195.tmp

User filename: pt_Itemsx.txt

Size: 199571

| 2kfxg | 2kfxg.jpg | Series 200 | The Sound | | | 695.00 | 1 | | 11/22/2005 | 1 | | | | | | OTHER | LOOPS & IN | | | --none-- | Active !New Product!

1292 - Incorrect datetime value: '1' for column 'products_date_available' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '2kfxg.jpg', '2kfxg', '0', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "1", '', '695.00', '11/22/2005 14:36', 'NULL')

Specifying a datetime value results in basically the same thing:

1292 - Incorrect datetime value: '10/1/2005 0:00' for column 'products_date_added' at row 1

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '2kfxg.jpg', '2kfxg', '0', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "10/1/2005 0:00", "1", '', '695', '10/1/2005 0:00', 'NULL')

really? how?

I think this is the answer: Open a copy of it in your text editor and find

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

Hey Mibble, got a FAQ page on EP? If so, why not put it in your sig? Also still wondering if the unique product numbers can somehow be exported so if I mess with model names the links stay true?

Hi All Easypopulate experts,

Question.. I have installed this contribution version 2.73 I am having a difficulty the file will update or add the first row only it gets stuck after the first row. Has anyone had this problem? If yes how would I fix this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Just recently I'm experiencing an error when trying to import using EP 2.76. I get this error after it tries to import the first product:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Not at all sure what happened. I dont' "think" I changed anything (I did apply the OSC updates that came out within the last couple weeks, but I swear this was working within the last week then quit.).

Can anyone tell me what the error means?

Thanks!

Just recently I'm experiencing an error when trying to import using EP 2.76. I get this error after it tries to import the first product:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Not at all sure what happened. I dont' "think" I changed anything (I did apply the OSC updates that came out within the last couple weeks, but I swear this was working within the last week then quit.).

Can anyone tell me what the error means?

Thanks!

Nevermind... I figured it out

:-"

Hi All Easypopulate experts,

Question.. I have installed this contribution version 2.73 I am having a difficulty the file will update or add the first row only it gets stuck after the first row. Has anyone had this problem? If yes how would I fix this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Read post #737185

okay so I have one wierd problem.

I had some items so that I would have a template to follow for EP&PA. I downloaded it, and edited it with Excel, saved it in tab delimited, and uploaded. Every thing worked great, or untill I tried to view the products them selfs.

Somthing has made the product image's and click to enlarge link disapear from the product info page.

Has any one else every had this problem?

Please help!