• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

Hi,

I've just installed and seem to have EP working - but I have one small problem - I'm only able to edit the first product??

I've created a db with only two products having 4 attributes. I thought there might be a problem when I was saving in excel so I simply edited in a text editor. I didn't add fields. I only changed numbers or words within existing fields.

When I upload the data base only changes to the first product were inserted.

I've also installed the catagory description contribution. Does anyone know if this is causing a conflict?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Dan

I've had some more time to dig through the support thread - it seems this is a problem when using php5. I couldn't find if there is a fix besides reverting to php4. Dan

I guess since I have conversations with myself at the computer I might as well have one on this support thread. I finally found the php5 upgrade so if anyone googles " easy populate php 5 problems " or " easy populate first product only " hopefully they'll find this quicker than I did.

in \admin\easypopulate.php

Find

array_walk($readed, 'walk');

replace by this

//array_walk($readed, 'walk');

foreach ($readed as $readed_record) {

walk($readed_record);

}

I also changed the model field size in the configuration. I went back and changed this back and no difference.

Good luck - it seems like a great contribution. I wish I could have found myself sooner

Dan

you are better of doing it prior to going to your ep file, as ep just deals with text, excel deals with things in a spreadsheet. the file you get from your vendor, convert the price, then import into your ep file and then upload

But is it possible to add this function in EP?

// Fredrik

Mibble,

I have a few more questions how EP handles attributes.

If I am using EP to upload to an existing database which I could not get an EP download from (too large), are the attribute_values_id only being used for the upload or do they go into the database? In other words, could I accidently overwrite an existing attribute?

I see in phpMyAdmin that product_attributes_id is set to auto-increment. Does this mean it is impossible to accidently overwrite an existing attribute value? I don't mean change a previous upload.

Thanks!

Scott

I know I am jumping in the middle of a strand...

I need help with EP and uploading my images:

I have loaded all the images onto the site, and in my remote site. They are in the path as such catalog/images/Collectibles/African American Heritage/29319.jpg

When I call them in the spreadsheet I call from: images/Collectibles/African American Heritage/29319.jpg.

However, when I upload the file, the images do not appear.

Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Irish

Hi there,

I've got a big problem with my shop, because EP is not importing my test-import-file.

I was running EP version 2.62 (formely), in the meantime installed UltraPics (dont know the exact version :(

OsCommerce is version MS 2.2, php-version is 4.3.4.

With UltraPics, there was coming another version of the both EP-files.

Then after installing UltraPics I saw, that I dont have any attributes exported with EP.

As I figured out, the two EP-files coming with UltraPics were for an old version of EP, so I downloaded the newest version of EP v2,76b.

I already have some articles in my system, so I exported them to have the correct format in the CSV file.

This I took and edited it for testing just with one product.

But during import, I only get the error message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phptXJamC

User filename: Testeinspielung2.txt

Size: 1718

| 20999 | no_pic_yet | Test | Test | | Test | Test | | Test | Test | | | | no_pic_yet | | | | | | | | | | | | 581.08 | 10 | 2005-12-01 | 2005-12-01 | 10 | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Testherste | Test | Test | | Taxable Go | Active !New Product!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'no_pic_yet.jpg", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "

INSERT INTO products ( products_image, products_image_med, products_image_lrg, products_image_sm_1, products_image_xl_1, products_image_sm_2, products_image_xl_2, products_image_sm_3, products_image_xl_3, products_image_sm_4, products_image_xl_4, products_image_sm_5, products_image_xl_5, products_image_sm_6, products_image_xl_6, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( 'no_pic_yet.jpg',", "", "no_pic_yet.jpg", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", "", " '20999', '500.931', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "2005-12-01", "2005-12-01", '1', '10', '10', '23')

[TEP STOP]

Here is my test import CSV file:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_name_2 v_products_description_2 v_products_url_2 v_products_name_5 v_products_description_5 v_products_url_5 v_products_image_med v_products_image_lrg v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_subimage2 v_products_image_xl_2 v_products_image_sm_3 v_products_image_xl_3 v_products_image_sm_4 v_products_image_xl_4 v_products_image_sm_5 v_products_image_xl_5 v_products_image_sm_6 v_products_image_xl_6 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_2 v_attribute_options_name_1_5 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_5 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_5 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_options_name_2_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_5 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_5 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_5 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

20999 no_pic_yet.jpg Test Test Test Test Test Test no_pic_yet.jpg 581.08 10 2005-12-01 2005-12-01 10 Testhersteller Test Test Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

I dont know why and when I messed my EP up, therefore I kindly asked for your expert help.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Andreas

I have recently installed V7.6 and when i export the 'Complete tab-delimited .txt file' and open it in excel all the info is grouped together in the first column!

any ideas why?

Edited by FunkDaWeb

Hi,

I have installed a new version of EP, and install went fine.

I can see it fine in the admin area, but I am having some truoble.

The problem is as follows;

When clikcing Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir is tells me that the file has been stored but I can not find it in the folder catalog/temp. The folder has been CHMOD to 777.

Also when when downloading the file and correcting lets say the price of an item or two, it does not do the job... Very strange..

Can anyone assist?

i been using ep v2.76 for a 2 months. just now i have this problem.

some products dont have descriptions, for some reason about 70% of my products its description were deleted in the database. when i try to update and upload the txt file all coloumns updates fine except v_products_description_1 even though the description shows up in the "update / new product" report after uploading.

Hi everyone! I have a really simple question. I wanted to create seperate spreadsheets according to product as most of my products have numerous attributes. I wanted to do this for a few reasons, the most important being easy of editing and uploading. Before doing so, I needed to ask a simple and probably stupid question. In the header row, you know where you say v_attribute_values_id_1_1 do I have to continue sequentially in a new spreadsheet?

Sheesh I don't know if I explained that right.. I know the value down the column cannot be reused as it effects other products. Lets see if I can be a little more clear.

toys.txt has 50 products with a grand total of 45 seperate attributes so that v_attribute_values_id_1_1 actually ends at v_attribute_values_id_1_45

Now I want to start clothes.txt does v_attribute_values_id_1_1 have to be v_attribute_values_id_1_46 or can it be 1 all over again. Just to be clear, whether it can be v_attribute_values_id_1_1 or not, I know the actual number that I would put on the product would be 46 as 1 - 45 are assigned already.

I hope I explained this clearly enough and I hope someone can answer my question.

Thanks

Lori

Hi,

I recently installed this module and I'm stuck. I've read all the instructions, warnings and everything. I've changed my $tempdir settings to match my directory. I've added the item to my menu so I can fire up the module. My issue is that when I click on anything, download a file, create a file in the temp dir, NOTHING happens. It just goes back to the screen like I hit refresh. Any assistance would be great!

I have the same thing. I tried it on a different server with a different shop and have the same result, nothing's happened.

Has anyone an idea how to get it work?

what is your DOCUMENT_ROOT setting in your configure.php file?

permissions on temp dir at 777?

yes you can do that with the attributes, on a new spreadsheet. you will not be able to download unless you use quattropro for editing tho, so make sure you keep absolutely clean and accurate spreadsheets with all your attributes.

perhaps you are using the admin with levels contribution, you will need to add easypopulate.php file to it.

I have installed EP 2.75-MS2 english and all the data export functions works perfectly (Download EP and Froogle Files & Create EP and Froogle Files in Temp Directory). Even the split file system works fine but I get errors when I try to import data using upload EP file from local drive as well as import data from /catalog/temp/ directory within the web site.

Here is the error message:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on this server."

I have tried 755 and 644 for easypopulate.php but non of them works..

Anyone knows whats wrong??

:(

what is your DOCUMENT_ROOT setting in your configure.php file?

permissions on temp dir at 777?

yes you can do that with the attributes, on a new spreadsheet. you will not be able to download unless you use quattropro for editing tho, so make sure you keep absolutely clean and accurate spreadsheets with all your attributes.

perhaps you are using the admin with levels contribution, you will need to add easypopulate.php file to it.

DOCUMENT_ROOT setting =

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/c/computerehbo.com/HTML/osshop/catalog/');

permissions are set to 777

easypopulate.php is in the dir

So download doesn't work with excell, BUT create a file in temp doesn't work either.

Had the same problem, Solution:

Just uncomment the //$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

and comment the //$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

I am ready to pull my hair out. I cannot seem to get easypopulate to work.

If I use the upload function, the only staus returned is this:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /localservices/phpupload/phpBMJ4UC

User filename: MinkaLavery.txt

Size: 35247

But no records are added.

I don't see anything wrong with the data or the configuration options (I did set the max categories to 2). My client is all ticked that I havent been able to get his data loaded yet and has a dozen spreadhseets waiting for me. I am really stuck. I can provide a link to the text file or I have pasted in two sample records below. I could really use a hand figuring this one out.

Here is a sample of my data:

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_price Wholesale Cost v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

1687-14 1687.jpg 3 Light ceiling flushmount with Alabaster glass shade <br> Nutmeg metal finish. "Calavera Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width: 22.5"" x Height: 12.5""<br>Lamps:3 x 60Watt Medium Base" none $263.89 $203.92 $119.95 0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

466-63 466.jpg Single Light ceiling flushmount with etched Marble glass <br>Nouveau Bronze metal finish. "Nouveau Collection<br>Transitional Design<br>Width:11"" x Height:7.375"" <br> Lamps:1 x 60Watt Medium Base." none $36.30 $28.05 $16.50 0 12/29/2003 22:33 12/29/2003 22:33 0 Mika Lavery CEILING FIXTURES & FLUSHMOUNTS Transitional Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

Kerry

Hi,

I've taken over an OSC install from another developer. She had easy populate working on a dev server but now that it's live it's not working.

When I click "DOWNLOADCOMPLETETAB_LIMITED_TEXT" the page just loads and loads... nothing comes through. It makes sense that it might take a while (there are a lot of products in this store), but I've waited an hour with no luck.

I'm looking for a little advice on where to start digging. Beyond the above, very sketchy bug report, please keep in mind that the function seems to have broken during server migration... hopefully that should hint to someone what is going on.

Thanks for any advice!

(sorry for cross posting -- I originally listed this as a separate thread but figured it might be more likely to be replied to here).

Zach

most likely temp file locations

that is not your document root, document root means where is the root of the web site, the very beginnng public page. thus ossshop/catalog is two levels deep. best bet is to place it as $DOCUMENT_ROOT

DOCUMENT_ROOT setting =

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/c/computerehbo.com/HTML/osshop/catalog/');

permissions are set to 777

easypopulate.php is in the dir

So download doesn't work with excell, BUT create a file in temp doesn't work either.

Hi,

I have installed a new version of EP, and install went fine.

I can see it fine in the admin area, but I am having some truoble.

The problem is as follows;

When clikcing Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir is tells me that the file has been stored but I can not find it in the folder catalog/temp. The folder has been CHMOD to 777.

Also when when downloading the file and correcting lets say the price of an item or two, it does not do the job... Very strange..

Can anyone assist?

Oke, so here is a follow-up.

Got the file to save in the right folder by seting the right path. It was /temp/ and not catalog/temp/.

Now for my next issue;

I can see the file in the temp folder, but it will not update the db.

I am using excel to create the tabdelimited file.

I have also tried to create one with a semicolon file, but no luck.

Here is part of my easypopulate.php file.. If it helps.

//*******************************

// C O N F I G U R A T I O N

// V A R I A B L E S

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

//**** File Splitting Configuration ****

// we attempt to set the timeout limit longer for this script to avoid having to split the files

// NOTE: If your server is running in safe mode, this setting cannot override the timeout set in php.ini

// uncomment this if you are not on a safe mode server and you are getting timeouts

// set_time_limit(330);

// if you are splitting files, this will set the maximum number of records to put in each file.

// if you set your php.ini to a long time, you can make this number bigger

global $maxrecs;

$maxrecs = 400; // default, seems to work for most people. Reduce if you hit timeouts

//$maxrecs = 4; // for testing

//**** Image Defaulting ****

global $default_images, $default_image_manufacturer, $default_image_product, $default_image_category;

// set them to your own default "We don't have any picture" gif

//$default_image_manufacturer = 'no_image_manufacturer.gif';

//$default_image_product = 'no_image_product.gif';

//$default_image_category = 'no_image_category.gif';

// or let them get set to nothing

$default_image_manufacturer = '';

$default_image_product = '';

$default_image_category = '';

//**** Status Field Setting ****

// Set the v_status field to "Inactive" if you want the status=0 in the system

// Set the v_status field to "Delete" if you want to remove the item from the system <- THIS IS NOT WORKING YET!

// If zero_qty_inactive is true, then items with zero qty will automatically be inactive in the store.

global $active, $inactive, $zero_qty_inactive, $deleteit;

$active = 'Active';

$inactive = 'Inactive';

//$deleteit = 'Delete'; // not functional yet

$zero_qty_inactive = true;

//**** Size of products_model in products table ****

// set this to the size of your model number field in the db. We check to make sure all models are no longer than this value.

// this prevents the database from getting fubared. Just making this number bigger won't help your database! They must match!

global $modelsize;

$modelsize = 25;

//**** Price includes tax? ****

// Set the v_price_with_tax to

// 0 if you want the price without the tax included

// 1 if you want the price to be defined for import & export including tax.

global $price_with_tax;

$price_with_tax =true;

// **** Quote -> Escape character conversion ****

// If you have extensive html in your descriptions and it's getting mangled on upload, turn this off

// set to 1 = replace quotes with escape characters

// set to 0 = no quote replacement

global $replace_quotes;

$replace_quotes = true;

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

// **** Max Category Levels ****

// change this if you need more or fewer categories

global $max_categories;

$max_categories = 7; // 7 is default

// VJ product attributes begin

// **** Product Attributes ****

// change this to false, if do not want to download product attributes

global $products_with_attributes;

$products_with_attributes = true;

// change this to true, if you use QTYpro and want to set attributes stock with EP.

global $products_attributes_stock;

$products_attributes_stock = false;

// change this if you want to download selected product options

// this might be handy, if you have a lot of product options, and your output file exceeds 256 columns (which is the max. limit MS Excel is able to handle)

global $attribute_options_select;

//$attribute_options_select = array('Size', 'Model'); // uncomment and fill with product options name you wish to download // comment this line, if you wish to download all product options

// VJ product attributes end

// ****************************************

// Froogle configuration variables

// -- YOU MUST CONFIGURE THIS! IT WON'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX!

// **** Froogle product info page path ****

// We can't use the tep functions to create the link, because the links will point to the admin, since that's where we're at.

// So put the entire path to your product_info.php page here

global $froogle_product_info_path;

$froogle_product_info_path = "http://big-8.nl/product_info.php";

// **** Froogle product image path ****

// Set this to the path to your images directory

global $froogle_image_path;

$froogle_image_path = "http://big-8.nl/images/";

// **** Froogle - search engine friendly setting

// if your store has SEARCH ENGINE FRIENDLY URLS set, then turn this to true

// I did it this way because I'm having trouble with the code seeing the constants

// that are defined in other places.

global $froogle_SEF_urls;

$froogle_SEF_urls = false;

// End Froogle configuration variables

most likely temp file locations

that is not your document root, document root means where is the root of the web site, the very beginnng public page. thus ossshop/catalog is two levels deep. best bet is to place it as $DOCUMENT_ROOT

OK I'll try, but I thought that define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/c/computerehbo.com/HTML/osshop/catalog/');

was put there by install?

Am I wrong?

So if I '/var/www/c/computerehbo.com/HTML/osshop/catalog/' change for $DOCUMENT_ROOT it will work?

I'll let you know.

OK I'll try, but I thought that define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/var/www/c/computerehbo.com/HTML/osshop/catalog/');

was put there by install?

Am I wrong?

So if I '/var/www/c/computerehbo.com/HTML/osshop/catalog/' change for $DOCUMENT_ROOT it will work?

I'll let you know.

Mibble...YOU ARE great, it works.

I've changed the document root setting and I've changed the .htaccess file withe the setting 'php_flag register_globals on' .

Originaly I put it in the wrong .htaccess, reading is soo difficult.

But, thanks again.

Ren?

Mibble...YOU ARE great, it works.

I've changed the document root setting and I've changed the .htaccess file withe the setting 'php_flag register_globals on' .

Originaly I put it in the wrong .htaccess, reading is soo difficult.

But, thanks again.

Ren?

Hi,

I seam to have the same problem. (I think)

Did you get the whole thing to work now?

Where did you stick the.htaccess file?

And can you post the code that you have in the file?

Thank's a lot..

Espen

Hi,

I seam to have the same problem. (I think)

Did you get the whole thing to work now?

Where did you stick the.htaccess file?

And can you post the code that you have in the file?

Thank's a lot..

Espen

I add

php_flag register_globals on

in the .htaccess file in the catalog dir

Originaly I put it in the wrong file because I take the wrong root, I take the root form the site and not from the shop.

From then the download works and I get errors that the document root was wrong, as Mibble point out.

So I changed that and all is working fine now.

I hope it helps.

Rene

global $separator;

//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

$separator = ";"; // semi-colon

is wrong, thus many must be downloading a different file, needs to be

global $separator;

$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

// $separator = ","; // comma

// $separator = ";"; // semi-colon

i been using ep v2.76 for a 2 months. just now i have this problem.

some products dont have descriptions, for some reason about 70% of my products its description were deleted in the database. when i try to update and upload the txt file all coloumns updates fine except v_products_description_1 even though the description shows up in the "update / new product" report after uploading.

this is my punishement for not reading the documentation...

the reason why v_products_description_1 doesnt update is because i only uploaded v_products_model and v_products_description_1... but when i try to upload v_products_model, v_products_name_1 and v_products_description_1 it updated perfectly.

I'm receiving this error:

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values ('', '29', '3', '15', '', '', '')

[TEP STOP]

This is what I have in Categories PHP on the inser command:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_image_med, products_image_lrg, products_image_sm_1, products_image_xl_1, products_image_sm_2, products_image_xl_2, products_image_sm_3, products_image_xl_3, products_image_sm_4, products_image_xl_4, products_image_sm_5, products_image_xl_5, products_image_sm_6, products_image_xl_6, products_retail_price, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_med']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_lrg']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_1']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_1']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_2']) . "',
		 '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_2']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_3']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_3']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_4']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_4']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_5']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_5']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_sm_6']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image_xl_6']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_retail_price']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

and this is what i have in products table..

products_id products_quantity products_model products_image products_image_med products_image_lrg products_image_sm_1 products_image_xl_1 products_image_sm_2 products_image_xl_2 products_image_sm_3 products_image_xl_3 products_image_sm_4 products_image_xl_4 products_image_sm_5 products_image_xl_5 products_image_sm_6 products_image_xl_6 products_price products_retail_price products_date_added products_last_modified products_date_available products_weight products_status products_tax_class_id manufacturers_id products_ordered products_length products_width products_height products_ready_to_ship

it appears to me these 2 are vastly different... but why... the error only occurred after i added the weight mod to attributes?