• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

I'm having problems with my store, it's getting out of control because I have alot of the same products but with different attributes. So basically what I need is to have a way to easypopulate 1 product and have a pull down tab with different prices for the variables? is this possible?

hi : i have just uploaded something to help you precisly on this, it is in the easypopulate with contribution is the last add on

let me know if I can help you

j

I don't know what am I doing wrong. I edit the tab delimited file with my data and when I upload it I get this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php4Lbt8T

User filename: CAT.txt

Size: 1954

However, the data inside the file doesn't show in my catalog. Am I missing s step?? :blink:

If you have a serious problem but it can be solved, why worry about it? If you have a serious problem but it can't be solved, then why worry about it?

I don't know what am I doing wrong. I edit the tab delimited file with my data and when I upload it I get this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php4Lbt8T

User filename: CAT.txt

Size: 1954

However, the data inside the file doesn't show in my catalog. Am I missing s step?? :blink:

Instead of technical support, I can offer some moral support: I have the identical problem (as do "trademaster adam" and "miked", apparently). Exports to the temp directory also fail, despite normal messages from Easy Populate and a correctly-specified name and permissions on the temp folder.

Following everthing in the provided Easy Populate doc doesn't seem sufficient for many installations ... does anyone know of a more current or complete trouble-shooting guide for this add-on? Thanks in advance.

server log files can help troubleshoot it. also making sure you have php 4.3.10 thru 4.4 (php5 not compliant)

document_root set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

temp file set properly ie /catalog/temp/

and file permissions set at 777

try only a few lines until you get it working

server log files can help troubleshoot it. also making sure you have php 4.3.10 thru 4.4 (php5 not compliant)

document_root set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT

temp file set properly ie /catalog/temp/

and file permissions set at 777

try only a few lines until you get it working

As far as I can tell I've followed all instructions in the EP readme... but for the life of me I can't figure "document_root set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT"...

When you say "document_root set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT" what ***exactly*** do you mean???

Do you mean 'add a line' to /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php ?

if so where?

if where what?

if not...

Do you man 'modify a line' in /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php ?

if so which?

from what to what?

Otherwise I don't know what you mean! :blink:

The only line I can find in /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php which even *remotely* resembles 'document_root' begins with:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/www/  ...

:'(

boaz

PS is this hijacking the thread??? Sorry :blush:

no, not hijacking a thread, as this thread is for support, so all ep questions get added here.

you are exactly right in the document_root define setting, replace the '/www/ ... with this:

$DOCUMENT_ROOT

note, there are no tick marks, or quotes, just at the end make sure you have your ending parenthese

)

Hello,

I'm using EP 2.76 and have EZ New Fields & New Fields with EP integrated and all working well together but have one small issue. We just uploaded 32,000 products in lots of smaller of files and noticed a small glitch.

It seems every price over $999.99 was either entered as $1.00 or $2.00.

First thing I thought is that it was a "language" problem. This because in all countries, except the english ones, the use of comma and dots is opposed. i.e. 1,379,00 vs. 1.379,00

So, I thaught that as my Windows/Office that it may be taking the price that was written for USA and interpreting the comma as a separator of cents. Then I went to check the files that I uploaded and realized that this was not the case. The price was exported according to english standards.

Then I went to take a look on the 'products' tabel structure. Maybe there was an issue with the size of the price field. However this is not the case also. products_price is a field defined as decimal (15,4). There is enough space for everything.

So now I think that maybe the problem is with EP that is wrongly interpreting the field?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

Edited by gregr66

This might have been covered already but I can't find anything. I am new to EP and am working my way to creating my first upload file. One of the fields is called v_tax_class_id. What information exactly do I need to put here? Is this field to determine if tax should be applied to this product or something else?

I have my products set so that the price is WITHOUT tax. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to upload the file I created but absolutely nothing is happening. No errors but no product in my store!

I tried creating a single product through the admin console, downloading the Complete tab-delimited .txt file to edit, deleted the product I created, then did an import. Again nothing!

The only info that I am getting is the following at the top of the ep screen after I press insert into database.

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpaEz2tX

User filename: EP2005Oct12-1503.txt

Size: 426

I checked my temp folder and it is there, catalog/temp and the permissions are all set to 777.

Any help would be appreciated.

what is document_root set to in the configure.php?

what is the exact path for your temp in the ep file?

I am a total newbie at this stuff so forgive me if I am a little slow in figuring out what you are asking for.

document_root - *domain*/html/catalog/

path to temp -

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

I'm testing EP on my dev server. I have a store with many attributes, and soon to be very many more since we need to add model numbers to each attribute. Products with a different attribute have a different model number, and I can't think of any other way to do it.

Anyway, in the test upload file I have made a few changes and it seems to upload ok with the exception that it seems that in the attribute_value_name columns the names do not change unless I change the bottom entry of that column. I would like these columns to have all different attributes instead of being fill with "VHS" all the way down. I'd like them to have, for example, VHS 53789 then VHS 93848 under it and so on, so that in one attribute_value_name column each entry is different.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it works?

Thanks

set document root to this: $DOCUMENT_ROOT

NOTE* NO TICK MARKS, APOSTROPHES, ETC, JUST $DOCUMENT_ROOT

I am a total newbie at this stuff so forgive me if I am a little slow in figuring out what you are asking for.

document_root - *domain*/html/catalog/

path to temp -

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

you have a product model which has many product attributes is the way it works

I'm testing EP on my dev server. I have a store with many attributes, and soon to be very many more since we need to add model numbers to each attribute. Products with a different attribute have a different model number, and I can't think of any other way to do it.

Anyway, in the test upload file I have made a few changes and it seems to upload ok with the exception that it seems that in the attribute_value_name columns the names do not change unless I change the bottom entry of that column. I would like these columns to have all different attributes instead of being fill with "VHS" all the way down. I'd like them to have, for example, VHS 53789 then VHS 93848 under it and so on, so that in one attribute_value_name column each entry is different.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this how it works?

Thanks

set document root to this: $DOCUMENT_ROOT

NOTE* NO TICK MARKS, APOSTROPHES, ETC, JUST $DOCUMENT_ROOT

Just make sure I understand you want me to replace *domain*/html/catalog/ in the config file with $DOCUMENT_ROOT?

So I need a new attribute_value_name column every time I want a new attribute? This will result in ten thousand columns, each of them used once since each attribute is unique and will only be used once. Just so I understand, in one attribute_value_name column, all entries in that column have to be identical?

yes, go search in your admin/tools/server info for document_root and see what you find, when you use the $DOCUMENT_ROOT variable it does it automatically

this is also stated in the documentation

Just make sure I understand you want me to replace *domain*/html/catalog/ in the config file with $DOCUMENT_ROOT?

understandable, however if u want as an attribute, u dont have much choice.

So I need a new attribute_value_name column every time I want a new attribute? This will result in ten thousand columns, each of them used once since each attribute is unique and will only be used once. Just so I understand, in one attribute_value_name column, all entries in that column have to be identical?

I have installed Easy Populate. I created the "temp" directory. I set

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "temp/";

I can upload the sample_output_file.txt through easy populate. I am doing that as a test to make sure it runs.

It now outputs:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpQuRPpy

User filename: sample_output_file.txt

Size: 80290

But--the catalog isn't changed at all after I upload the sample output file. I have also tried then loading it from the temp directory, but it still doesnt populate the database. Does anybody know what the problem could be? I don't think that the problem is a timeout error.

Thanks,

Ben

As far as I can tell I've followed all instructions in the EP readme... but for the life of me I can't figure "document_root set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT"...

When you say "document_root set to $DOCUMENT_ROOT" what ***exactly*** do you mean???

Do you mean 'add a line' to /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php ?

if so where?

if where what?

if not...

Do you man 'modify a line' in /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php ?

if so which?

from what to what?

Otherwise I don't know what you mean! :blink:

The only line I can find in /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php which even *remotely* resembles 'document_root' begins with:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/www/  ...

:'(

boaz

PS is this hijacking the thread??? Sorry :blush:

Hi boaz.

I overread this same step and the solution was simple. In catalog/admin/includes/configure.php find this line and change this

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', "DOCUMENT_ROOT");

to this without the quotes

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

Hope this solves one of your problems.

Edited by simplyclesha

Thanks!

Clesha

as many others are asked, what is your DOCUMENT_ROOT setting in your admin/includes/configure.php file?

how is your catalog accessed, http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog?

I have installed Easy Populate. I created the "temp" directory. I set

$tempdir = "temp/";

$tempdir2 = "temp/";

I can upload the sample_output_file.txt through easy populate. I am doing that as a test to make sure it runs.

It now outputs:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phpQuRPpy

User filename: sample_output_file.txt

Size: 80290

But--the catalog isn't changed at all after I upload the sample output file. I have also tried then loading it from the temp directory, but it still doesnt populate the database. Does anybody know what the problem could be? I don't think that the problem is a timeout error.

Thanks,

Ben

as many others are asked, what is your DOCUMENT_ROOT setting in your admin/includes/configure.php file?

how is your catalog accessed, http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog?

('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/'); // where the pages are located on the server

Perhaps having the whole "/home/fpwebsit/etc..." is what is needed? It is oddly also downloading what should be as a tab delimited file with semicolons, and replacing r's, n's, and s's with space characters.

I'm hoping to become an expert in this someday. Until then, I pray for advice.

Thanks,

Ben

PS- sorry I accidentally posted this reply on the wrong page earlier. :(

('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/');

is incorrect, as it points to the catalog and not to document root. change it to this:

('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/');

is incorrect, as it points to the catalog and not to document root. change it to this:

I changed it, and I got what seems like an error:

DOCUMENT_ROOT

Warning: dir($DOCUMENT_ROOT): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 179

The error is keeping me locked out of the file manager.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by BenFremer

Hello,

Have question about error getting when trying to import EP file.

Error:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpbYiwx7

User filename: LIVE_data.txt

Size: 213771

| 51-760100 | adaracing/ | Tube - 2.5 | 10 inch in | | 9.99 | 8 | 1 | 0 | | 0000-00-00 | 10 | ADA Racing | Dirt Bike | Performanc | | | | GST/HST/PS | Active Updated

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

INSERT INTO products_groups VALUES ( 1, 8, 28, 9.99 )

[TEP STOP]

This is installed on OSC MS 2.2 and lastest EP file, no other mods installed.

I cannot figureout where I need to change for the easypopulate.php file to fix this issue.

can you post your configure.php file here without the database connection info

I changed it, and I got what seems like an error:

DOCUMENT_ROOT

Warning: dir($DOCUMENT_ROOT): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 178

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/fpwebsit/public_html/finishlinedemo/catalog/admin/file_manager.php on line 179

The error is keeping me locked out of the file manager.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ben