• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate & Products Attributes

VJ

OK this is confusing

I understood that Easy Populate uses Product Models as markers and each PM ID needs to be unique.

Yesterday I uploaded 1600 products and checked it all this eve.

I established that I had some products in different catergories, so I amended the spreadsheet accordingly.

Downloaded a new easypop txt file and pasted my new details into it.

I then uploaded into my shop

To my suprise, rather than moving my prodoucts around into the correct categories it created duplicates.

However when I seach for the product model id it only comes back with one result

any ideas what I have done wrong?

I am using Easy Populate Basic 2.75 - Default Language English(1)

cheers

Adam

once products are in the database, ep will not 'move' them. if you want them moved, you will need to delete them from the db first. also, dont use apostrophes in the categories, it does mess em up.

post a few lines of your data . . .

Think I may have sorted it I have been using Basic not Advanced. Just read a few posts going back to 2004 early 2005

Looks like I need to use Advaned

Gonna restore my DB and try again with Advanced

Basic doe snot have Product ID where as Advanced does so that could be the problem

Ok.. still trying to get the whole attribute/options/xsell thing figured out.

I am uploading a couple fake products, Igor and Hunchback. They both come in Green, Red and Blue. Hunchback can come with Black, White or Yellow Boots for an additional 2.00 I have put in v_xsell_product_id in which I put the other one's model. When I uploaded, Igor showed only as available in green with no option to choose another color. Hunchback was available only in green with only black boots available. Neither one was xselling the other. I am pasting the few lines I am uploading, hopefully it is readable.

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_xsell_product_id v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

ABC123 Igor Big ugly doll 10 10 Color Green Children Toys Dolls ABC456 EOREOR

10 10 Color Blue ABC456 EOREOR

10 10 Color Red ABC456 EOREOR

ABC456 Hunchback Doll with huge back problem 10 10 Color Green Accessories 2 Black Boots Children Toys Dolls ABC123 EOREOR

10 10 Color Blue Accessories 2 White Boots ABC123 EOREOR

10 10 Color Red Accessories 2 Yellow Boots ABC123 EOREOR

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, yes I have xsell installed and when I do it manually in admin, it works just fine.

Thanks

Lori

Ok, please bear with me. I am brand new to OSC and EP.

I can't get easy populate to work... here is a description of my problem, and the steps I took.

I am on a globat hosted site, so to install OScommerce, all I had to do was click on a button, and it was all done for me ... they automatically set it up so the site is under /shop/, not /catalog/

easy populate steps for www.savelaggie.com:

1)created temp directory with 777 on both httpdocs/shop/ and httpsdocs/shop/ (just to cover all possibilities)

2)copied easypopulate files to admin on httpsdocs

3)added link for admin

4)tried to use easy populate. i downloaded the sample data, then deleted one category in the database, then uploaded the file i just downloaded, but no data was added.

I got no warnings or errors:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /var/tmp/phprtqXxL

User filename: EP2005Sep13-1705.txt

Size: 80034

5)opened up easypopulate.php (in both locations)

and changed the references from /catalog/temp/ to /shop/temp/

6)tried again, didnt work, still got no error messages.

7)opened up the configure.php

took out line:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/savelaggie.com/httpdocs/shop/');

and replaced with

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);

so, this is what I have now:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'https://nassau.globat.com/~savelaggie.com'); // eg, http://localhost or - https://localhost should not be NULL for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.savelaggie.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://nassau.globat.com');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shop/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/savelaggie.com/httpsdocs/shop/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/shop/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/savelaggie.com/httpdocs/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

8)tried upload again:

still not working. same result as above.

so, what did I do wrong? any suggestions?

thanks.

Edited by zoeckler

by the way, when I try to download the ezpopulate file to the temp directory, it says:

You can get your file in the Tools/Files under /shop/temp/EPEP2005Sep13-1705.txt

but, when i look in the directory, there is nothing there.

and... changing the reference from /shop/temp/ to /temp/ did nothing.

Edited by zoeckler

I have this line in my product description:

\"; include(\DIR_WS_MODULES . \"group_text.php\"); \"

This loads my group_text.php file. In that file I have code that will display different product description data for different customer groups.

The problem I'm having is that Easy Populate loads this as:

" include(DIR_WS_MODULES . "group_text.php"); "

It strips out the backslashes and, for some reason, the first semi-colon.

Can this be fixed?

I tried deleting the product description column from the the upload file, but it placed nothing in the product description field, erasing what was there.

As an alternative, is there a way I can change the contents of a single field (i.e. price) without uploading all the data that Easy Populate does? Then I could update just the relevant field and leave the product description field alone.

Thanks,

Mark

I know this has been posted before but I cannot find an answer sorry

I updated my products and all look okay but I got this message at the bottom of the page

"No products_id field in record. This line was not imported "

I firstly tried up load without any new products ID's in my file and got a nice error message, so I figured I had to add the ID's myself. So I added them myself and this time got the

even though all productd added

I read a while ago that you cannot add Product Id's yourself so would someone be kind enough to advice what I need to do

much appreciated

Adam

I asked yesterday for some help with getting this to work right. Anyone who has used attributes successfully can help me. I tried changing how I put it in the spreadsheet but that didn't work either. Here is what I am trying to upload:

v_products_model v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_price v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_2 v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_xsell_product_id v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

ABC123 Igor Big ugly doll 10 10 Color Green Color Blue Color Red Children Toys Dolls ABC456 EOREOR

ABC456 Hunchback Doll with huge back problem 10 10 Color Green Color Blue Color Red Accessories 2 Black Boots Children Toys Dolls ABC123 EOREOR

The output is merely Igor and Hunchback with no options for color or for boots in Hunchback's case.

Thanks for any help

Lori

I got it working.

The problem was with the document_root setting.

I ended up using this configuration:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/savelaggie.com/httpdocs/shop/');

but changed it to:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/savelaggie.com/httpsdocs/');

notice the httpSdocs

hope this helps anyone using globat as a host.

Quick Question

I was wondering if there is any way to download a single product containing all tabbed info, instead of the Complete tab-delimited .txt file, which as you know is the entire site.

Easy Populate Product Attribute Sort??

I've been hunting for quite a while for a way to add Attributes sort to EP.

I have the attribute sort contribution installed but EP doesn't populated it.

Does anyone have this solved already?

Sam M. - Seattle

what do u mean a single product? only one product itself?

Quick Question

I was wondering if there is any way to download a single product containing all tabbed info, instead of the Complete tab-delimited .txt file, which as you know is the entire site.

which one do you have? the attribute options contribution?

Easy Populate Product Attribute Sort??

I've been hunting for quite a while for a way to add Attributes sort to EP.

I have the attribute sort contribution installed but EP doesn't populated it.

Does anyone have this solved already?

I have this line in my product description:

\"; include(\DIR_WS_MODULES . \"group_text.php\"); \"

This loads my group_text.php file. In that file I have code that will display different product description data for different customer groups.

The problem I'm having is that Easy Populate loads this as:

" include(DIR_WS_MODULES . "group_text.php"); "

It strips out the backslashes and, for some reason, the first semi-colon.

Can this be fixed?

As an alternative, is there a way I can change the contents of a single field (i.e. price) without uploading all the data that Easy Populate does? Then I could update just the relevant field and leave the product description field alone.

Thanks Mibble...

... for suggesting that I use double backslashes (\\). That partially helped.

Now I get the single slashes to load correctly, but it is still dropping the first semi-colon.

Thanks again...

Ok, so I went in and manually added the attributes and values to the corresponding products. When I downloaded the sample file, it had put the attributes on all products. See below for what I mean.

v_products_model v_products_image v_products_image_sm_1 v_products_image_xl_1 v_products_name_1 v_products_description_1 v_products_url_1 v_products_head_title_tag_1 v_products_head_desc_tag_1 v_products_head_keywords_tag_1 v_products_price v_products_weight v_date_avail v_date_added v_products_quantity v_attribute_options_id_1 v_attribute_options_name_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_1 v_attribute_values_price_1_1 v_attribute_values_name_1_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_1_2 v_attribute_values_price_1_2 v_attribute_values_name_1_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_2 v_attribute_options_name_2_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_1 v_attribute_values_price_2_1 v_attribute_values_name_2_1_1 v_attribute_values_id_2_2 v_attribute_values_price_2_2 v_attribute_values_name_2_2_1 v_attribute_options_id_3 v_attribute_options_name_3_1 v_manufacturers_name v_categories_name_1 v_categories_name_2 v_categories_name_3 v_tax_class_title v_status EOREOR

ABC123 Igor Big ugly doll 10 0 9/13/2005 14:26 9/14/2005 13:13 10 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 0 Red 2 0 Green 216 Accessories Children Toys Dolls --none-- Active EOREOR

ABC456 Hunchback Doll with huge back problem 10 0 9/13/2005 14:26 9/14/2005 13:13 10 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 0 Red 2 0 Green 216 Accessories Children Toys Dolls --none-- Active EOREOR

PC-SWAT3 sierra/swat_3.gif SWAT 3: Close Quarters Battle <b>Windows 95/98</b><br><br>211 in progress with shots fired. Officer down. Armed suspects with hostages. Respond Code 3! Los Angles, 2005, In the next seven days, representatives from every nation around the world will converge on Las Angles to witness the signing of the United Nations Nuclear Abolishment Treaty. The protection of these dignitaries falls on the shoulders of one organization, LAPD SWAT. As part of this elite tactical organization, you and your team have the weapons and all the training necessary to protect, to serve, and "When needed" to use deadly force to keep the peace. It takes more than weapons to make it through each mission. Your arsenal includes C2 charges, flashbangs, tactical grenades. opti-Wand mini-video cameras, and other devices critical to meeting your objectives and keeping your men free of injury. Uncompromised Duty, Honor and Valor! www.swat3.com 79.99 7 5/27/2005 21:07 5/27/2005 21:07 16 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 Red 2 Green 216 Accessories Sierra Software Simulation Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

PC-UNTM gt_interactive/unreal_tournament.gif Unreal Tournament From the creators of the best-selling Unreal, comes Unreal Tournament. A new kind of single player experience. A ruthless multiplayer revolution.<BR><BR>This stand-alone game showcases completely new team-based gameplay, groundbreaking multi-faceted single player action or dynamic multi-player mayhem. It's a fight to the finish for the title of Unreal Grand Master in the gladiatorial arena. A single player experience like no other! Guide your team of 'bots' (virtual teamates) against the hardest criminals in the galaxy for the ultimate title - the Unreal Grand Master. www.unrealtournament.net 89.99 0 5/27/2005 21:07 89 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 Red 2 Green 216 Accessories GT Interactive Software Action Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

PC-TWOF gt_interactive/wheel_of_time.gif The Wheel Of Time The world in which The Wheel of Time takes place is lifted directly out of Jordan's pages; it's huge and consists of many different environments. How you navigate the world will depend largely on which game - single player or multipayer - you're playing. The single player experience, with a few exceptions, will see Elayna traversing the world mainly by foot (with a couple notable exceptions). In the multiplayer experience, your character will have more access to travel via Ter'angreal, Portal Stones, and the Ways. However you move around, though, you'll quickly discover that means of locomotion can easily become the least of the your worries...<br><br>During your travels, you quickly discover that four locations are crucial to your success in the game. Not surprisingly, these locations are the homes of The Wheel of Time's main characters. Some of these places are ripped directly from the pages of Jordan's books, made flesh with Legend's unparalleled pixel-pushing ways. Other places are specific to the game, conceived and executed with the intent of expanding this game world even further. Either way, they provide a backdrop for some of the most intense first person action and strategy you'll have this year. www.wheeloftime.com 99.99 10 5/27/2005 21:07 5/27/2005 21:07 16 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 Red 2 Green 216 Accessories GT Interactive Software Strategy Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

PC-DISC gt_interactive/disciples.gif Disciples: Sacred Lands A new age is dawning...<br><br>Enter the realm of the Sacred Lands, where the dawn of a New Age has set in motion the most momentous of wars. As the prophecies long foretold, four races now clash with swords and sorcery in a desperate bid to control the destiny of their gods. Take on the quest as a champion of the Empire, the Mountain Clans, the Legions of the Damned, or the Undead Hordes and test your faith in battles of brute force, spellbinding magic and acts of guile. Slay demons, vanquish giants and combat merciless forces of the dead and undead. But to ensure the salvation of your god, the hero within must evolve.<br><br>The day of reckoning has come... and only the chosen will survive. 90 8 5/27/2005 21:07 5/27/2005 21:07 16 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 Red 2 Green 216 Accessories GT Interactive Software Strategy Taxable Goods Active EOREOR

GIFT_25 giftcert-25-sm.gif gv_25.gif gv_25.gif $25 Gift Certificate Buy a Gift Certificate for your friends or family $25 Gift Certificate $25 Gift Certificate gift, certificate, store 25 0 5/27/2005 21:07 97 5 Return Address 10 13 213 Color 1 Red 2 Green 216 Accessories Gift Vouchers Gift Certificate --none-- Active EOREOR

As you can see, it has put "return address" as an option. No clue how that happened. It also has attached the color options to the preexisting video games. Lastly, it has completely left out the option to add boots to hunchback , yet it has added accessories to everything.

I was hoping that manually editing the catalog then downloading it would tell me how I need to set this up, but at it has done is cause me more confusion.

Thanks for looking.

Lori

which one do you have?  the attribute options contribution?

The sort is actually a function of

2201: Attribute Sets 27 Dec 2004 - Attribute Sets version 4

TABLE Products_Attributes

---------------------------

products_attributes_id

products_id

options_id

options_values_id

options_values_price

price_prefix

sort_order

--------------------------

Sam M. - Seattle

Hi,

I refer to my post on sep 14th.

I have managed it to upload attributes with stock, but in the downloadfile the fields v_attribute_values_stock_*_* do not appear.

I have no idea why...

all looks fine in the easypopulate.php...

Please, if anyone have had the same thing or got a running version, let me know.

Thanks!

G?tz

Problem adding new products

I am running version 2.75

My shop is not live yet but is ready and all I need to do is get my products uploaded.

I have 12 or so test products in there. So I used Easy Pop to download my text I then input my extra products well over 1000 and re save as tab delimited etc

When I came to upload, I received this error

1054 - Unknown column '26688PE101' in 'where clause'

SELECT * FROM products_description WHERE products_id = 26688PE101 AND language_id = 1

BTW - ('26688PE101' is one of my Model Id's)

I also noted all the columns had shifted to the left, for example my weight became my price. :'(

I have read that you cannot add Product Id's yourself, however I decided to try and add the products Id's myself and re upload. When I did I received this message

I would very much appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

Kind regards

Sam